Kakewalk: Minimal effort install (EP45, EX58, P55, G41)

mrjanek

3,658 posts in this topic

Great work !

Thanks for your help and contribution mrjanek.

I have two questions:

1. In power tab: an option 'Wake for Ethernet network access" is missing (I previously had the lifehacker v2 setup with trendnet gigabit pci network card [rtl8169sc chipset] and had this option

enabled. I removed the card for your install.)

2. Sleep works when I manually use sleep from menu. On energy saver tab: sleep does not work. Display goes to sleep but not the hackintosh. (Sleep status was similar in lifehacker install as well).

My setup

GA-EP45-UD3LR

E6300 Core 2 Duo

8800gts 640mb

4gb corsair pc2 8500

1tb wd hdd

sata dvd drive

Thanks a ton for your help.

Great work !

Thanks for your help and contribution mrjanek.

I have two questions:

1. In power tab: an option 'Wake for Ethernet network access" is missing (I previously had the lifehacker v2 setup with trendnet gigabit pci network card [rtl8169sc chipset] and had this option

enabled. I removed the card for your install.)

2. Sleep works when I manually use sleep from menu. On energy saver tab: sleep does not work. Display goes to sleep but not the hackintosh. (Sleep status was similar in lifehacker install as well).

My setup

GA-EP45-UD3LR

E6300 Core 2 Duo

8800gts 640mb

4gb corsair pc2 8500

1tb wd hdd

sata dvd drive

Thanks a ton for your help.

Thanks :rolleyes: First of all I believe that the network driver (Realtek1000SL.kext) doesn't have any support for Wake On Lan ..yet!

Sleep seems to be a tricky issue and it could be that an application is keeping the computer from going to sleep. I would try using the application "PleaseSleep". There should be a link a few posts up, if not, you'll easily find it on google.

For others wondering if this will work with the nearly identical GA-EP45T-UD3LR; I am running one with an E6300 Core 2 Duo. Originally set it up with 10.6.1 using the lifehacker guide, but sound was a pain (two kexts in S/L/E), Time Machine failed with UUID problems, and itunes library sharing didn't work. Upgrading to 10.6.2 from my cloned backup hd broke sound among other things.

Decided to switch to this setup without reinstall, here is what worked for me (YMMV, using carbon copy cloner to make a bootable backup is a life saver):

Deleted my /Extras folder and the two sound kexts in S/L/E, ran this installer on my hd. Updated to 10.6.2. Booted right up, maybe a little slower boot, but sound works and shows a named list of outputs rather than 3 generic line outs, UUID problems gone, Time Machine works, shared itunes library works. Haven't extensively tested sleep or anything, but it looks really good.

Only issue now is the iphone/ipod touch remote program won't show up in itunes when I try to set that up, so there may be a bonjour issue. Haven't worked on that much yet.

Thanks much for the installer, ended lots of fruitless effort to do this myself. Is there anyway I can get your DSDT source code? There are a few things I am thinking about tweaking, but not sure if it is worth the effort since this is close to perfect now.

My setup

GA-EP45T-UD3LR Running the F6b Bios - The F5 version is extremely slow with AHCI.

E6300 Core 2 Duo

8600gt 256mb

4gb Crucial DDR3 1333

500GB Hitatchi HD

1.5TB Samsung HD

Sata dvd drive

Ive got a EP43-UD3L, will this guide work for me...the only difference i see is the P45 vs. P43 chipset and the BIOS update...

I switched back to GA-EP45-UD3P mobo and used LIfehacker install with exact parts....I love my new MACPRO with all the bells/whistles 10.6.2...SWeeeeet!!

Ive got a EP43-UD3L, will this guide work for me...the only difference i see is the P45 vs. P43 chipset and the BIOS update...

I switched back to GA-EP45-UD3P mobo and used LIfehacker install with exact parts....I love my new MACPRO with all the bells/whistles 10.6.2...SWeeeeet!!

Hey mrjanek,

I have a few questions - since you are the more professional :)

It is possible to burn your installer to a DVD? If it is, how?

I have a cordless keyboard and mouse and they don't work with your corrected full installer. They work with your first version installer though. Have any idea how it can be? Do you think that it can be repaired with a patch or a kext?

I'd like a firewire card into my Hackintosh. Is it enough if the card is compatible with Snow or your installer reduces the possibilities of improvement?

(Since Snow is the best I'd like to get more acquainted with it)

Thanks

First of all, Mr Janek, THANK YOU. A big big thank you: installation was easy, smooth, perfekt. Just had to buy the new mainboard (the rest of my hardware was 100% compatible), pop the USB and follow your instructions. I can also install the last .2 update with no problems! All works perfekt! The easiest method ever. Big thank you again sir.

Thanks you for your tuto. Run perfectly, some bugs with final cut studio 2 and XDcam transfert, i didn't tried a lot of other software, but my hackintosh look like good. I tried to upgrade to snow 10.6.2 ; kernel panics :P . I'am not fully satisfied about sound panel control... Sorry for my english, i'am french.

EP45-UD3LR, Intel quad Q9550 2,83 gHz, Asus Nvidia 9800GT 1024 mo, 4 Go Gskill 8500, HD WD 1tera, DVD pionner.

Really good tuto for overclock your Core2Duo Q9550 for Hackintosh :

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessag...?topic_id=95364

yeah, i just find on this forum the file Gigabyte UD3LR OSX10.6.2 

:censored2:

Please HELP me! :P Its friday the 13th :censored2:

When I boot from USB and choose it in Chameleon to start, I see the OSX Boot Screen

an then (when it shoul enter the installerscreen) I see a totaly "crashed" screen. I can

move the mouse but I can't see anything!

I have an other HDD with a running 10.5.8 for maintenance. So I tried to install from USB through

OSX from that HDD. But after a few minutes the installer wants to restart to continue

the installation. And than stuck after BIOS screen.

What can I do? I'm despired :censored2:

EDIT: Got it... My ATI gfx is not supported under SL! :rolleyes: Have to buy a new one tomorrow. Will a 9500GT 1024MB work out of the box? With two monitors? (one DVI one VGA)

Please HELP me! :D Its friday the 13th :D

When I boot from USB and choose it in Chameleon to start, I see the OSX Boot Screen

an then (when it shoul enter the installerscreen) I see a totaly "crashed" screen. I can

move the mouse but I can't see anything!

I have an other HDD with a running 10.5.8 for maintenance. So I tried to install from USB through

OSX from that HDD. But after a few minutes the installer wants to restart to continue

the installation. And than stuck after BIOS screen.

What can I do? I'm despired :(

EDIT: Got it... My ATI gfx is not supported under SL! :( Have to buy a new one tomorrow. Will a 9500GT 1024MB work out of the box? With two monitors? (one DVI one VGA)

I have built a computer with 9500GT in it and it works great.

My Logitech G5 mose is a bit jerky. It sometimes simply teleports from a spot to b spot. Ive also noticed this in 10.5.7 deneb?! Any cure for that?

Which graphics card do you have? One from the Nvidia 8xxx series by any chance?

Which graphics card do you have? One from the Nvidia 8xxx series by any chance?

Yep, I have nvidia 8800gts 512 g92

Run in terminal:

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

This will solve the mouselag issue. Only run this if you have a Nvidia 8xxx card.

Tnx. I got USB overdrive and no jerkiness so far. I plan to get gtx 260/ati 4870 in a few days, however, so, maybe i shouldnt do the terminal command?! (This may also be the opportunity to ask for opinion regarding the choice of GPU?!)

ALso, what will happen when i stick the new gpu? Will it be automatically recognized or? Sorry for asking too many questions....

Tnx. I got USB overdrive and no jerkiness so far. I plan to get gtx 260/ati 4870 in a few days, however, so, maybe i shouldnt do the terminal command?! (This may also be the opportunity to ask for opinion regarding the choice of GPU?!)

ALso, what will happen when i stick the new gpu? Will it be automatically recognized or? Sorry for asking too many questions....

Ok, I guess you should wait for the other card. I would recommend getting the GTX 260 if you want an easy install. This graphics card should be recognized automatically. The Radeon card would require a bit of tinkering.