DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards

iSoprano

1,908 posts in this topic

Yes, 64 bit

Sorry, couldn't resist :P

I wanted to spend some dosh after christmas so I bought one of these

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB977G/A...mco=MTA4NzI5Mjk

Oh just a little spend then!... blimey, that's a serious bit of kit. ;)

So just to clarify, your Gigabit network & bonjour works without any additional kexts or fixes using that beast of a card, not the onboard?

Oh just a little spend then!... blimey, that's a serious bit of kit. :wacko:

So just to clarify, your Gigabit network & bonjour works without any additional kexts or fixes using that beast of a card, not the onboard?

Yes everything working - bit nervous installing since it is a PCI-E x4 card but it needs to go into a x16 slot

Also it seems fussy about cables, I had to change out what was a previously working cable

I only have FakeSMC plus the hacked RC4 boot file, using SATA fix & Shutdown/Restart/UUID fixes in boot/dsdt

Turned off the onboard NIC's and deleted the Realtek kext

Jan 11 16:26:24 LocusOfControl kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived

Jan 11 16:26:24 LocusOfControl kernel[0]: Intel82574L: Ethernet address 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Jan 11 16:26:24 LocusOfControl kernel[0]: Intel82574L: Ethernet address 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Jan 11 16:26:24 LocusOfControl kernel[0]: ** Device in slot: SLOT-3 **

Here is bonjour browser - but note I never had to configure bonjour before, always worked for me, no promiscuity going on in my hack

en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

en1: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

post-383752-1263231370_thumb.png

Yes everything working - bit nervous installing since it is a PCI-E x4 card but it needs to go into a x16 slot

Also it seems fussy about cables, I had to change out what was a previously working cable

I only have FakeSMC plus the hacked RC4 boot file, using SATA fix & Shutdown/Restart/UUID fixes in boot/dsdt

Turned off the onboard NIC's and deleted the Realtek kext

Jan 11 16:26:24 LocusOfControl kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived

Jan 11 16:26:24 LocusOfControl kernel[0]: ** Device in slot: SLOT-3 **

Here is bonjour browser - but note I never had to configure bonjour before, always worked for me, no promiscuity going on in my hack

en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

en1: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

Should just add, my energy saving prefs automatically updated

post-383752-1263233795_thumb.png

OK I tried out the "Quick Boot" feature in BIOS and I get a "Unable to fins SMBIOS table" in the bootloader check during boot. Then during startup I get all sorts of UUID errors. I'm currently using Asere's Bootloader. When it boots I can't get any profile information in the "About this mac" of system profiler.

Anyone have any ideas?

I get the exact same thing with "Quick Boot" enabled :)

Firewire GUID errors, and "Unable to find SMBIOS table", also crashes to login window when clicking "About this Mac"

It makes an entry in pmlog

* Domain: wake
- Time: 1/11/10 8:26:23 AM PST 
- Signature: Loginwindow Authorization Failure
- Result: Failure

Not sure what to make of this (if anything)

Ran a small experiment with auto sleep. I was concerned about the random nature of timed sleep.

Set display to sleep at 4 mins.

Set computer sleep at 5 mins.

Ran test three times, with dropssdt=yes and dropssdt=no

Also ran same test on my imac.

here are the results

It seems that the dropssdt=no results are closer to the imac results in terms of being within a 45 second interval.

wondering if anyone could verify my findings by running the same test. For my test I disconnected all external peripherals and closed all programs so that they don't interfere with sleep.

post-452164-1263240235_thumb.jpg

I still can't get auto-sleep going on my hack ;[ using pretty much the same dsdt for EP45-UD3P... tried with disconnected peripherals and still no-go, atleast with the dvd-drive plugged in it makes a sound as if it's about to go to sleep at around the time it should be going to sleep (~1:30mins after set time in prefs)... so the timer is working o.O

Tried with both dropssdt=y and without

That snippet looks familiar. Lets see try removing name and bus:

Device (SBUS) //<-- Renamed from PX43
{
   Name (_ADR, 0x001F0003)
   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) {
       Store (Package (0x02){
               "device-id", Buffer (0x04){0x30, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00}
           }, Local0)
       DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
       Return (Local0)
   }
}

I removed name and bus. This time, I don't have a kernel panic.

What do you think, everything is ok? (please check the attached image).

post-66455-1263241901_thumb.jpg

I removed name and bus. This time, I don't have a kernel panic.

What do you think, everything is ok? (please check the attached image).

you're still missing something, my output gives:

jas-osx86:~ jas$ kextstat | grep SMBus

58 0 0xffffff7f8091d000 0x2000 0x2000 com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusPCI (1.0.4d0) <9 5 4 3>

75 1 0xffffff7f81224000 0x2000 0x2000 com.apple.iokit.IOSMBusFamily (1.1) <5 4 3>

76 0 0xffffff7f81226000 0xb000 0xb000 com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusController (1.0.4d0) <75 9 8 5 4 3>

jas-osx86:~ jas$ kextstat | grep AppleIntel

12 0 0xffffff7f8065f000 0x1b000 0x1b000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (96.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

27 0 0xffffff7f8071a000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (96.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

63 0 0xffffff7f8097b000 0x8000 0x8000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelMeromProfile (19) <62 6 5 4 3>

You should try the grep AppleIntel again, and it should only show one... it starts with 3 CPU profiles for me at boot aswell, and then it settles for Merom

You might be missing this in device SBUS:

Device (DVL0)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x57)

Name (_CID, "diagsvault")

}

Adding Device (DVL0) cause a kernel panic:

Device (SBUS) //<-- Renamed from PX43
{
   Name (_ADR, 0x001F0003)
       Store (Package (0x04){
               "name", "pci8086,3a30", "device-id", Buffer (0x04){0x30, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00}
           }, Local0)
       Return (Local0)
   }
   Device (DVL0)
   {
       Name (_ADR, 0x57)
   }
}

dsdt.dsl.zip

post-66455-1263243663_thumb.jpg

I still can't get auto-sleep going on my hack ;[ using pretty much the same dsdt for EP45-UD3P... tried with disconnected peripherals and still no-go, atleast with the dvd-drive plugged in it makes a sound as if it's about to go to sleep at around the time it should be going to sleep (~1:30mins after set time in prefs)... so the timer is working o.O

Tried with both dropssdt=y and without

you using graphics enabler=yes? Had a quick look in your dsdt there seems to be no graphics info in dsdt. Also I would get rid of device id's under your usb devices, you don't need them with a ud3p.

What kexts you using?

Maybe try something like:

Device (SBUS)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x001F0003)

Store (Package (0x04){

"name", "pci8086,3a30", "device-id", Buffer (0x04){0x30, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00}

}, Local0)

Return (Local0)

}

Device (BUS0)

{

Name (_CID, "smbus")

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Device (DVL0)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x57)

}

}

}

Weird, minus the device-id injection bit, that's exactly what I'm using, and it works great ;)

The FakeSMC messages can be turned off in the Info.plist of the FakeSMC.kext, just change the debug key to false:

<key>debug</key>

<false/>

Nope, nothing that I can think of, did you try to boot with it again? in the past I've sometimes had random KP's after changing stuff in DSDT, rebooted again with same configuration and all works fine. I just unplug the machine for 30 seconds and boot after changing DSDT now.

New version of pc_efi 10.5 and chameleon RC4 forks

pc_efi 10.5+restartfix+uuidfix+fadt+ecdt+..... (note : cputype auto detection now work)

Thanks for the update! Auto detection works perfectly and for the first time even the clock speed is reported correctly. Before it was always higher for my OC'ed CPU.

I have had some success patching, but I am getting hung up anytime I try and remote any code.... Thanks to keeza I have Disabler.kext removed, but now need to work on those temps.

If I remove some code and compile I get this error....

Error  4095 -^ syntax error, unexpected $end

and the line it's telling me is the last line in my dsdt. Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

I have had some success patching, but I am getting hung up anytime I try and remote any code.... Thanks to keeza I have Disabler.kext removed, but now need to work on those temps.

If I remove some code and compile I get this error....

Error  4095 -^ syntax error, unexpected $end

and the line it's telling me is the last line in my dsdt. Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

It would help if you posted the dsdt you are having trouble with.

On the (sub)topic of newer BIOS ... I see there is a F6B up for my UD3L board on this german page... but some of the other Gigabyte pages have F8. Are these older? Any reason why they would have older variants up instead of the newer ones? Maybe some special experimental features?

EDIT : Bummer, it looks like the only upgrade I for the UD3L is F8, but that is _only_ for the rev 1.1 boards ... I've got rev 1.0.

On the (sub)topic of newer BIOS ... I see there is a F6B up for my UD3L board on this german page... but some of the other Gigabyte pages have F8. Are these older? Any reason why they would have older variants up instead of the newer ones? Maybe some special experimental features?

download - unzip and check the create date of the ROM file.

Anything ending with a letter is beta ... ie F10E .

The latest for my MB on the german forum is F6E but this is now superseded by F6 available on main GigaByte site.

D.

download - unzip and check the create date of the ROM file.

Anything ending with a letter is beta ... ie F10E .

The latest for my MB on the german forum is F6E but this is now superseded by F6 available on main GigaByte site.

D.

That page seems dead, I haven't seen any updates there for months.

I'm booting a SW RAID (sure this is issue generally) also, my drives keep switching around. mainly my boots are 1s3 and 2s3 (this in it's self is odd as my 2 RAID'd drives are 0 ans 1 in BIOS.) but sometimes I have 0s3 and 2s3 or 3s3 etc etc .. i believe IRQ routing table issue ??

Sh*t annoying especially if making changes to 2 drives (RAID setup.) and each boot you have too look them up!

Hi FormerlyKnownAs, did you find solution by any chance ?

anybody here know how to set up fixed disk order in OSX ?