DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards

iSoprano

1,909 posts in this topic

Thanks cparm!

I hope it has also UUID {censored} fix, last one you posted was bring back that {censored} .

ok this one add also UUID fix, but with some little differences, the random UUID fix is not by default, since i prefer use the platformuuid.kext:

so if u want to use the rekursor's system id fix just add that to ur boot.plist file:

<key>SystemID</key> 
<string>your ID</string>

if you want to activate the random id add this key (make sure that no SystemID key is present otherwise the system id fix will be used):

<key>RandomID</key> 
<string>Yes</string>

and if you want to use a kext like platformUUID.kext (like me ;) ), you just have to delete the 2 keys above, of course w/o one of those 3 solutions you will get a beautiful Error 35 :)

all previous additions are still present

pc_efi 10.5 + restartfix + uuidfix and many others things:

ok this one add also UUID fix, but with some little differences, the random UUID fix is not by default, since i prefer use the platformuuid.kext:

pc_efi 10.5 + restartfix + uuidfix and many others things:

Thanks cparm. Working great for restart but it seems to have lost the processor type detection. Using PC_EFI 10.5 About This Mac shows my processor as a Core 2 Duo but your version shows the processor as Unknown. Any ideas?

Thanks cparm. Working great for restart but it seems to have lost the processor type detection. Using PC_EFI 10.5 About This Mac shows my processor as a Core 2 Duo but your version shows the processor as Unknown. Any ideas?

yeah, it's a know bug, auto-detection don't work anymore :D

but don't worry it's only cosmetic, it will not affect your mac experience (afaik, only some rare installer script require this fix)

anyway, manual insertion still works !!!

just add these lines to your smbios.plist file (if you don't have it, just create it in the folder /extra):

as mentionned by digitaldj,

for Core 2 Quad & Quad Extreme & Core i7 & Core i5 add this lines:

<key>SMcputype</key>
<string>1281</string>

for Core 2 Duo add this:

<key>SMcputype</key>
<string>769</string>

and for Core 2 Solo add this:

<key>SMcputype</key>
<string>257</string>

I will try to correct the auto-detection bug soon

What does SystemID

your ID mean ? Hwo can i check my SystemID and which Apps may use that (Serialnumber fail?)

Is UUID that Hardware-UUID: xxxxxxxxx-7DFC-387E-989F-79FA7232DB47 shown in SystemProfiler ?

Where do you see this 0.976 value ? You wouldn't happen to have Gigabyte's DES turned on ?

I see it in the program mark-i, it looks like this:

_16.50.44.png

Not quite sure where to DES on or off (in BIOS not found), but is the voltage (below 1 V) I watch only when the C4.

What does <key>SystemID</key>

<string>your ID</string> mean ? Hwo can i check my SystemID and which Apps may use that (Serialnumber fail?)

Is UUID that Hardware-UUID: xxxxxxxxx-7DFC-387E-989F-79FA7232DB47 shown in SystemProfiler ?

HardwareID is created from SystemID. If you use A as SystemID, you will always get B as a HardwareID. Have a read HERE for a more thorough explanation of how this works.

post_snapback.gif[/url]After I made _CST method FFixedHW setpci-s 0:1 f.0 0xa6.b now returns 80. The temperature dropped by 2-3 degrees.

But the trouble began. If you care to sleep the computer you want to double-click button. The first time he goes into a state where the fans are working. In the second he goes into full sleep.

It comes back from sleep normally.

Do you have such problems?

I did have something similar with one version of scope PR, care to post what yours looks like ?

I solved the problem with the transition into sleep. It was in the incorrect allocation of IRQs for devices under LPCB. Thank you for participating in solving my problem.

I did have something similar with one version of scope PR, care to post what yours looks like ?

I solved the problem with the transition into sleep. It was in the incorrect allocation of IRQs for devices under LPCB. Thank you for participating in solving my problem.

Good to hear that your problem is solved, but I am still interested in that sub 1 V reading. I can get exactly that 0.976 V reading on Windows if I use Gigabyte's DES program but I have never seen such a voltage on OS X. On Windows lowest voltage without DES is 1.056 which I guess is the same as 1.052 that I get on OS X.

The reading you showed on i-mark was different though, have you checked what VoodooMonitor shows as voltage when i-mark shows that low reading. And could you post that i-mark app, I can't find one that works on my board.

Good to hear that your problem is solved, but I am still interested in that sub 1 V reading. I can get exactly that 0.976 V reading on Windows if I use Gigabyte's DES program but I have never seen such a voltage on OS X. On Windows lowest voltage without DES is 1.056 which I guess is the same as 1.052 that I get on OS X.

The reading you showed on i-mark was different though, have you checked what VoodooMonitor shows as voltage when i-mark shows that low reading. And could you post that i-mark app, I can't find one that works on my board.

VoodooMonitor does not show voltage below 1.052 V for me. I'm sure Voodoo reads the voltage from the register of MSR (that is to say that there wrote kext control P-state), mark-i reads the voltage (as well as the temperature of the CPU, the speed of rotation of FANs) chip with IT8720 (in my case). Mark-I mark_i.zip is a more realistic value.

Site author

Here's another picture with the voltage value 0.976:

20.41.27.png

VoodooMonitor does not show voltage below 1.052 V for me. I'm sure Voodoo reads the voltage from the register of MSR (that is to say that there wrote kext control P-state), mark-i reads the voltage (as well as the temperature of the CPU, the speed of rotation of FANs) chip with IT8720 (in my case). Mark-I mark_i.zip is a more realistic value.

Site author

Here's another picture with the voltage value 0.976:

20.41.27.png

I do think that you have DES turned on, without it lowest reading on i-mark is 1.056 V, just the same as in Windows. Turning DES on lowest voltage goes to to 0.976, on both Windows and OS X.

DES may be the reason why some people are complaining about lag and stuttering with video and audio, just do some searches and you will see several Windows users also having similar problems with DES turned on. Doesn't even seem to help with temps, so no thanks, no DES for me.

BTW, on my system i-mark also shows RPM's of all coolers

Hello all,

I need help, pleaseeee.

I can not compile my dsdt.dsl for fix sleep, I have applied two fixes for usb, but it has not success, not compiled, it has one Error that I don't know how to solve.

Can anyone look in my dsdt for this fix? pleaseeeee...

Thanks

P55 UD6 Gigabyte

i7 860

4G CORSAIR

9500GT

SNOW 10.6.2 Dsdt_USB_FIX.zip

I do think that you have DES turned on, without it lowest reading on i-mark is 1.056 V, just the same as in Windows. Turning DES on lowest voltage goes to to 0.976, on both Windows and OS X.

DES may be the reason why some people are complaining about lag and stuttering with video and audio, just do some searches and you will see several Windows users also having similar problems with DES turned on. Doesn't even seem to help with temps, so no thanks, no DES for me.

BTW, on my system i-mark also shows RPM's of all coolers

Then why such a low voltage appears only when I switched on C4?

And how can I turn off the DES? In the BIOS I did not see how to do it ...

Cooler I connected to the Ice Hammer IH-4

Then why such a low voltage appears only when I switched on C4?

And how can I turn off the DES? In the BIOS I did not see how to do it ...

Cooler I connected to the Ice Hammer IH-4

Only way to turn on/off DES is to run Gigabyte's DES program on Windows, it saves it settings to bios. Maybe you can also turn it off by flashing the bios but I am not sure about that one. Just google Gigabyte DES and you will see what I am talking about.

Hello all,

I need help, pleaseeee.

I can not compile my dsdt.dsl for fix sleep, I have applied two fixes for usb, but it has not success, not compiled, it has one Error that I don't know how to solve.

Can anyone look in my dsdt for this fix? pleaseeeee...

Thanks

P55 UD6 Gigabyte

i7 860

4G CORSAIR

9500GT

SNOW 10.6.2 Dsdt_USB_FIX.zip

Why are you trying to fix USB on a P55 board anyway. On Gigabyte X58 boards EHCI ports are already fixed , are you telling that now on newer P55 boards they are once again broken ?

Only way to turn on/off DES is to run Gigabyte's DES program on Windows, it saves it settings to bios. Maybe you can also turn it off by flashing the bios but I am not sure about that one. Just google Gigabyte DES and you will see what I am talking about.

I checked in Windows utility DES but his state is OFF! And the voltage in OSX as low when the C4 is ON :D

I checked in Windows utility DES but his state is OFF! And the voltage in OSX as low when the C4 is ON :D

Good for you if that works, and you get that also with my CST ? How is your audio/video, no problems ?

Good for you if that works, and you get that also with my CST ? How is your audio/video, no problems ?

Yes your _CST. Not tested with C4 and now my wife is asleep ;) Tomorrow will check and publish the results here.

P.S: But the temperature did not fall, perhaps even slightly higher than without the C4 as it seems to me now...

Yes your _CST. Not tested with C4 and now my wife is asleep :) Tomorrow will check and publish the results here.

P.S: But the temperature did not fall, perhaps even slightly higher than without the C4 as it seems to me now...

Now with mark-i it's easy to see why going to C4 doesn't seem to drop temps very much. I have my cpu cooler set to auto mode in bios, so as soon as cpu enters C4 cooler's RPM drops from 1500 to 1400. So it's more like temps drop a little and noise level drops a little.

so if u want to use the rekursor's system id fix just add that to ur boot.plist file:

<key>SystemID</key> 
<string>your ID</string>

if you want to activate the random id add this key (make sure that no SystemID key is present otherwise the system id fix will be used):

<key>RandomID</key> 
<string>Yes</string>

SystemID does not work for me, boot freeze with "Memory allocation error (0x0, 0x19189b20)"

RandomID works.

Why you still use RC3?

It doesn't know about separate boot.plist(each one on the /partition/extra)

Boot from flash USB with EHCI fix also freeze.

And so...

SystemID does not work for me, boot freeze with "Memory allocation error (0x0, 0x19189b20)"

RandomID works.

Why you still use RC3?

It doesn't know about separate boot.plist(each one on the /partition/extra)

Boot from flash USB with EHCI fix also freeze.

And so...

whoua it's weird,

but i was unable to reproduce this bug,

can someone else can confirm this ??

Is it possible to make a DSDT patch to make OS X see a read-only BD-ROM as capable of writing (anything, even CD-R) so that it will allow direct access to the drive and thus MakeMKV would work with read-only drives? Does anyone know of any way to do this? Thanks.