PC EFI V10.4 (made by netkas) OUT!

mitch_de

25 posts in this topic

http://netkas.org/?p=245

For all who didnt have the PCI 1 as default (like orig. PC EFI since V10.3 has, CH RC3 has PCI 0 as default) i compiled again (from source informations others) an version with PCI 0 as default (= cham RC3 default)

So you dont need to add -pci0 in your boot.plist.

I checked it and it worked on my C2D system.

What i see is that the new CPU detection code works and my cpi is now Core 2 Duo and not unknown.

Attatched boot.zip, zipped PC EFI 10.4 with pci0 as default

CHANGED (pci.c Lines 147++ - no other changes!!):

[size=1]if (getValueForKey("-pci[b]1[/b]", &val, &len, &bootInfo->bootConfig))    // was 0, so if you  pci 1 you must use -pci1 flag)
       {
           sprintf(tmp, "%s/Pci(0x%x,0x%x)", 
               (current->parent == root_pci_dev) ? "PciRoot(0x[b]1[/b])" : "",   // was 0 
               current->dev.bits.dev, current->dev.bits.func);
           strcat(dev_path, tmp);
       } else {
               (current->parent == root_pci_dev) ? "PciRoot(0x[b]0[/b])" : "", // was 1  = [b]default[/b] is pci 0
           strcat(dev_path, tmp);
       }[/size]

boot.zip

All thanks to netkas !

"Hi guys...for detect my CPU with the Original PCEFI 10.4, Shall i add -pci0 flag?"

That depends which version of PC EFI or chameleon you used before.

If you used the before version (unpatched) PC EFI V10.3 without any -pci flag you should also use that unpatched PC V10.4 from netkas site !

If you had to put an -pci flag in the unpatched PC EFI V10.3 you can use patched V10.3 or that new patched one without that pci flag.

So the difference and goal of patched / unpatched EFI 10.x is simple: to avoid such an new flag / avoid need of editing boot.plist.

PCI 0 / 1 depends on the mainboard - which PCI number the pci root device get is different from mainboards. You see that with IOREGGISTRYEXPLORER or get informatiom about that pci 0 vs pci 1 here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=187870

It doesn't correctly identify the CPU on T61p. Reports as 1.3 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo.

It should be 2.5 Ghz

did you even read the chameleon documentation? why dont u check out the smbios.plist injection?

All thanks to netkas !

"Hi guys...for detect my CPU with the Original PCEFI 10.4, Shall i add -pci0 flag?"

That depends which version of PC EFI or chameleon you used before.

If you used the before version (unpatched) PC EFI V10.3 without any -pci flag you should also use that unpatched PC V10.4 from netkas site !

If you had to put an -pci flag in the unpatched PC EFI V10.3 you can use patched V10.3 or that new patched one without that pci flag.

So the difference and goal of patched / unpatched EFI 10.x is simple: to avoid such an new flag / avoid need of editing boot.plist.

PCI 0 / 1 depends on the mainboard - which PCI number the pci root device get is different from mainboards. You see that with IOREGGISTRYEXPLORER or get informatiom about that pci 0 vs pci 1 here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=187870

thanks, but my cpu is not detect, with -pci0 or -pci1.

I would post problems (cpu detection) also at the netkas thread. Also i5/i7 CPUs may not detect as expected.

At least all CD C2D and most older Quad may be detected with that first(early bird) detection version .

thanks, but my cpu is not detect, with -pci0 or -pci1.

You don't understand.

-pci0 and -pci1 is the location of your video card, it has nothing to do with CPU detection.

If you want to know more about the CPU detection, read DigitalDJ's blog:

http://digitaldj.net/category/snowleopard/

Anyone running Snow Leopard who wants the CPU detection but doesn't want to update their bootloader go here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189562

I have a reference 4850 that I am trying to use with a vanilla 10.6.1 install. I have installed PCI0 10.4 version of boot since I have an older motherboard that uses that as verified with IOregistryexplorer.

I can boot with -x and it detects my CPU correctly and my video card and a ROM version that it is using, so it seems to be working.

However, when I boot without any flags I get a grey screen (I have the key/string set in the boot.plist). Any ideas?

Thanks!

edit:

I have tried to boot with my plist set to:

1680x1050x32@60 and @59 and nothing at all written. No go.

I have also tried 64bit and 32bit. Same grey screen.

I have a reference 4850 that I am trying to use with a vanilla 10.6.1 install. I have installed PCI0 10.4 version of boot since I have an older motherboard that uses that as verified with IOregistryexplorer.

I can boot with -x and it detects my CPU correctly and my video card and a ROM version that it is using, so it seems to be working.

However, when I boot without any flags I get a grey screen (I have the key/string set in the boot.plist). Any ideas?

Thanks!

edit:

I have tried to boot with my plist set to:

1680x1050x32@60 and @59 and nothing at all written. No go.

I have also tried 64bit and 32bit. Same grey screen.

I also have the reference ATI4850 and it took days to get working.

here's how i got working with full resolution:

efi 10.4 GraphicsEnabler=n ... enabling graphics didnt work for me

i use EFI string hex set in boot.plist

also added ID to the ATI4800controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext. info.plist.

if you want to compare or try mine out, here they are:

4850_patched.zip

I would post problems (cpu detection) also at the netkas thread. Also i5/i7 CPUs may not detect as expected.

At least all CD C2D and most older Quad may be detected with that first(early bird) detection version .

Hi mitch_de,

Is there a switch/flag to disable the new CPU detection algorithm and use the old one.

In my case i have Intel Core Duo but it is detected as Intel Core 2 Duo.

Secondly,i was wondering that does the PCI v10.4/3 use the autodetection algo for detection of correct pciroot value and if not found then revert to default value or it uses only the hardcoded values ?

http://netkas.org/?p=245

For all who didnt have the PCI 1 as default (like orig. PC EFI since V10.3 has, CH RC3 has PCI 0 as default) i compiled again (from source informations others) an version with PCI 0 as default (= cham RC3 default)

So you dont need to add -pci0 in your boot.plist.

I checked it and it worked on my C2D system.

What i see is that the new CPU detection code works and my cpi is now Core 2 Duo and not unknown.

Attatched boot.zip, zipped PC EFI 10.4 with pci0 as default

CHANGED (pci.c Lines 147++ - no other changes!!):

[size=1]if (getValueForKey("-pci[b]1[/b]", &val, &len, &bootInfo->bootConfig))    // was 0, so if you  pci 1 you must use -pci1 flag)
       {
               (current->parent == root_pci_dev) ? "PciRoot(0x[b]1[/b])" : "",   // was 0 
           strcat(dev_path, tmp);
       } else {
               (current->parent == root_pci_dev) ? "PciRoot(0x[b]0[/b])" : "", // was 1  = [b]default[/b] is pci 0
           strcat(dev_path, tmp);
       }[/size]

mitch_de

Did you actually modify the Newly released 10.4.1? In other words if I download it from the link you provided, will that version have the script above added?

I know 10.5 is out, but does someone have the binary for 10.4.1? Can't get it from the rs website with that stoopid trojan.

Actually, all I need is the exact byte count for 10.4.1, as I'm building in bootloader version detection into my script.

MAJ

Here you go - Netkas' original PC EFI v10.4.1 :D

boot.zip