Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

Let me know if I need to provide any further information. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Boot with -x at chameleon prompt. If that works, prolly You will be needing LegacyATI4800Controller.kext with correct dev id's for that 4870 in SLE and GraphicsEnabler=Y. Also, deleting ATI4500Controller and ATI4600Controller kexts from SLE is sometimes required. Rebuild cache and fix permissions after that and reboot.

The instructions are poorly written it does not mention how they got that 3+GB Lion.APP file I just have this "Mac OS X Install ESD" what am I supposed to do with that?

*ehem*

You SHOULD buy that app through the app store. Lion was released yesterday.

It was in {censored} Italian, so blame google for the "poorly written" instructions. Ass.

In the mean time, this looks like an intriguing way of upgrading:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/xmo...x-107-lion.html

*ehem*

You SHOULD buy that app through the app store. Lion was released yesterday.

It was in {censored} Italian, so blame google for the "poorly written" instructions. Ass.

In the mean time, this looks like an intriguing way of upgrading:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/xmo...x-107-lion.html

vie tried the itallian job but it keep failing at chamelion/install.pkg??? vie legally copped lion so cant see why i should hit a snag…..il try again failing that fall back and wait a few weeks for some clever clogs to hit me with something

For Lion installation, just follow any guide in this forum to restore the Lion image in a usb flashdrive, download the latest chameleon, install it on the usb flash drive (usb flash partition table must be Guid). Then put in usb flash-> extra folder your dsdt. BE CAREFUL latest dsdt provided here DOES NOT work in 32bit. If you need 32bit you have to find an older dsdt version provided here.I have Lion kernel in 32bit mode because my external soundcard, does not have 64 bit drivers. I don't know if this method works with ati cards because i have an Nvidia. I think that people with ati GPU must search for more information.

After installation, boot with the usb again and choose your lion installation. You can install new chameleon on your hard disk and move your extra folder there.

Kexts in extra folder are the usual. You can search for newer version of Fakesmc.kext.

For onboard sound install this kext with kext utility (in system/library/extensions folder) AppleHDA.kext.zip

Have not tested firewire. Sleep works fine. Everything seems ok.

For Lion installation, just follow any guide in this forum to restore the Lion image in a usb flashdrive, download the latest chameleon, install it on the usb flash drive (usb flash partition table must be Guid). Then put in usb flash-> extra folder your dsdt. BE CAREFUL latest dsdt provided here DOES NOT work in 32bit. If you need 32bit you have to find an older dsdt version provided here.I have Lion kernel in 32bit mode because my external soundcard, does not have 64 bit drivers. I don't know if this method works with ati cards because i have an Nvidia. I think that people with ati GPU must search for more information.

After installation, boot with the usb again and choose your lion installation. You can install new chameleon on your hard disk and move your extra folder there.

Kexts in extra folder are the usual. You can search for newer version of Fakesmc.kext.

For onboard sound install this kext with kext utility (in system/library/extensions folder) AppleHDA.kext.zip

Have not tested firewire. Sleep works fine. Everything seems ok.

FIXED IT fully working now….just a quick question do i have to do the 10mb partition or can i just instal over snow/l??

FIXED IT fully working now….just a quick question do i have to do the 10mb partition or can i just instal over snow/l??

You mean the EFI partition? If you use an EFI partition for booting snow leopard you can do the same for Lion BUT NOT on the same disk.

back again

still on 10.5.7

My usb-installation boots up with myhack 1.1 (2.0 dont work on my 10.5.7 installation system). But the system don't boot into the installation procedure. I get a gray screen with the spinball of death after myhack has loaded all the kexts. Graphicsenabler yes with Vesa 3.0 driver.

I think that this is a problem with my gtx260 graphic-card right? What must I do to get it working?

post-465461-1312134436_thumb.jpg

If you have a working os x installation already and you want to install SL to a new hdd you can do it without an usb flashdrive. Just restore SL to your desktop and mount it and then open terminal and copy paste cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages then copy paste open OSInstall.mpkg (in to terminal) and install to your SL harddrive. When its done install the chameleon you want to your SL harddrive and the fakesmc.kext and the other kext from this thread (first post) to the extra/extensions folder and reboot. Press F8 and choose your SL harddrive you installed to and finnish the installation. For your video card you need to find the solution yourself so thats the next step for you but if you have a card that works but not 100% its just a matter of reading up on stuff.

i want to install snow leopard on my running os x 10.5.7 system - same partition! because of that i need the flashdrive. something is missing in my kext folder (yes i've used the fakesmc and the p6t-se kext etc....)

i want to install snow leopard on my running os x 10.5.7 system - same partition! because of that i need the flashdrive. something is missing in my kext folder (yes i've used the fakesmc and the p6t-se kext etc....)

bro the 260 works out of the box

just follow the instructions to the t

if you get the grey screen do -v and let us know where it hangs

on a side note how can i turn this into a .plist can any one help please it should help my 470 woes

many thanks in advance

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0"><dict>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>

<dict>

<key>@0,AAPL,boot-display</key>

<string></string>

<key>@0,can-hot-plug</key>

<string></string>

<key>@0,compatible</key>

<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>

<key>@0,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@0,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>

<key>@1,can-hot-plug</key>

<string></string>

<key>@1,compatible</key>

<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>

<key>@1,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@1,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>

<key>AAPL,aux-power-connected</key>

<string>0x00000001</string>

<key>AAPL,backlight-control</key>

<string>0x00000000</string>

<key>AAPL,gart-width</key>

<integer>64</integer>

<key>AAPL00,blackscreen-preferences</key>

<key>AAPL01,blackscreen-preferences</key>

<key>IONVRAMProperty</key>

<true/>

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BAAAAAAAAwAcAAAAAAAACgAAAAA=

</data>

<key>NVDA,Features</key>

<string>0x108006ff</string>

<key>NVPM</key>

<data>

AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

</data>

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<string>0x50000000</string>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>NVDA,GeForce</string>

<key>model</key>

<string>GeForce GTX 470</string>

<key>rm_board_number</key>

<data>

AAAAAA==

</data>

<key>rm_multiboard_capable</key>

<data>

AQAAAA==

</data>

<key>rom-revision</key>

<string>70.00.35.00.00</string>

<key>subsystem-id</key>

<string>0x00001080</string>

</dict>

bro the 260 works out of the box

just follow the instructions to the t

if you get the grey screen do -v and let us know where it hangs

it hangs after all the kexts are loaded correctly (i think so, need to make photos of the last promts) and then first blue background image, then the grey one and after some seconds the loading spinball of os x - also called the spinball of death

Screenshot with the last lines displayed before the screen change to the grey screen. I've used MyHack1.1, because the flashdrive don't boot with Chameleon.

post-465461-1312324523_thumb.jpg

Have you ever tried installing chameleon manually on the flash drive? I find it so bizarre that you're unable to boot the flash drive when so many other people can without problems. Makes me think there's user error somewhere along the line.

what do you mean with "manually on the flash drive"? do you mean without using the .pkg container with the installation script?

found these guids:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=164809 (For MBR I thinK? But as we use GUID, this must be the wrong guide.)

and this one for EFI partitions: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127330

my flash drive has this structure:

/dev/disk5

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *7.7 Gi disk5

1: EFI 200.0 Mi disk5s1

2: Apple_HFS Installer 7.4 Gi disk5s2

Is the EFI partition the problem?

I've used a kally-installation on another hdd, and a guide for gigabyte mobo to install os x on my raptor. But I dont find the topic anymore.

_____

new problems (I'm at a point right know where I'm getting even more mad with every minute)

I've used the guid for manual chameleon installation from munkys topic: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127330 but it is a guide for older versions of chameleon. So I couldn't finished it correctly. I've done the whole process again as descripted on our first page in this topic (maybe the 35th time....). Reformating the Flash Drive, restored SL, but now Chameleon can not be installed. It stucks at the "i386" component when the package-quittance is being safed (100% CPU usage). WTF has happend?

Yeah, I mean installing Chameleon without the .pkg. You can get the binaries and do it yourself.

Your USB looks right from the text you posted.

From the Chameleon install guides, the first one is the one you want to use for the flash drive.

Grab the latest Chameleon from Fabio's post. I thought there were still readme instructions included, but I could be wrong.

did you follow all of the instructions to the letter ?

whats your spec set up ?

Now, I've installed snow leopard on my computer, I have sound but I can't change the resolution of my display... can anyone help me please?

my graphic card is ATI HD4890

I am here to say that i have P6T SE, Intel i7 920 and ati radeon 4870 with working sleep!!! ;):P

I have Lion 10.7.2 and a working sleep without some programs, kexts and etc.

But i have one small thing it is working only with DVI-DVI or DVI-HDMI connection NOT DVI-VGA! (black screen)

I try everything (help of hack profi, Editing DSDT, kexts) nothing helped me to work sleep with DVI-VGA :):D:wacko: .

So this is my word to this great install instruction of Mac on P6T SE. :D

Now, I've installed snow leopard on my computer, I have sound but I can't change the resolution of my display... can anyone help me please?

my graphic card is ATI HD4890

Put GraphicEnabler=yes to com.boot.apple.plist

something like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>this must help or visit kexts.com or update to lion! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I would like to install OSX on my hackintosh

intel i7 970 6cores 3.2 GHz

Asus p6t SE

Nvidia GeFroce 9800

8GB ddr3

I think that this is tutorial for my configuration, but i didn't find DSDT for i7 970?

Do I need to instal Snow Leo and upgrade to lion or I can instal Fresh Lion on second partition (windows 7 on first partioitn)

thanks.