Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

I haven't been able to get 2_Boot_Prep to work from my desktop. Opening the file with TextEdit and only shows the following:

PARENTDIR=$(dirname "$0")

cd "$PARENTDIR"

clear

sudo ScriptFiles/snowleoinstaller.sh

Is this all there is? Where would I get a working file? Any other suggestions?

Kent

I haven't been able to get 2_Boot_Prep to work from my desktop. Opening the file with TextEdit and only shows the following:

cd "$PARENTDIR"

clear

Kent

Yes its all

post a screenshot of your error

cd "$PARENTDIR"

clear

Kent

Why are you using the old stuff?

sharing doesnt work

i use mac since pather and never worked

i set my computers to manual ip and conect with the ip because mac never find them (sometimes windows shows up but its rare)

dont think its a problem with our hack

I use sharing every time between mac platforms and I never have problems. This is a very powerfull function and i wish we can optimize that one also on hacks. Anyone knows where is the problem? this onboard lan (RTL8111C) is very used... come on! :P

Hi, about busratio and iFabio's DSDT files...

When I run CPU-X under OSX 10.5.7 i get BUSRATIO=21 and 7 cores.

When I double-clic on the processor activity analyzer in the monitor, I can see my 8 cores running. The DSDT file is patched manually by deleting aliases.

When I run CPU-X under SL 10.6.5 i get BUSRATIO=21.5 and only 4 cores. Only 4 cores running, the other 4 seem to be disabled or inactive.

I've read some posts about the number of cores but with no real technical answer.

I would like to check the processor speed, so anyone know an app that could do that ?

Does anyone get the 8 cores ok with iFabio's DSDT files on SL or Leopard ?

The correct busratio for my i7 930 should be 21 so why do i get 21.5 in cpu-x with iFabio's DSDT ?

Thx :(

:)

somebody has sharing working properly? like mac can see hack and hack can see mac. I can see only my hack with an original mac

I finally managed to get my system to run smoothly now, can share with my macbook and windows pc, you have to use username and password and try connect as option and use your login info for that device. windows can be bit unreliable at times but works mostly

I have got the system running normally now with sleep working fine, sound is working but only 2 channel, has anyone managed to get the full 5.1 or 7.1 sound from this board?

Hello everyone. Some of you would know me because when I try to start the installation from Flashdrive I get a flashing underscore on black background? (I noticed that within the Flashdrive file is missing "boot" Why? :)

Forgive my English, I'm using a translator

Thanks in advance

I have your same problem... my computer don't boot from the flashdrive. Please Help. Thank you!!

Thanks all!

This guide helped me a lot!

I just managed to get my GTX 480 working on my Asus P6T SE. For everyone who has trouble with Fermi cards and Asus P6T SE = I provided a fermi package for you.

IF you have an Asus P6T SE and a Core i7 920 this is good for you.

Bootloader, Kexts, Nvidia Update (From Tonymac)

With this your brand new fermi card should work on a Asus P6T SE.

Cheers

Dave

Download Asus P6T SE Fermi Package: http://linksave.in/6499121784d1b346eac28f

ok thanks,

install went fine... but at first boot after loading some modules

"still waiting for root device"

or

"ebios read error device timeout"

edit:

after checking sata config and install sata drivers it looks like this:

http://image-upload.de/image/tX8PEo/b4eb96711c.jpg

edit2:

must it be on a primary partition? because i installed it one a logic one

hey guys, me once more.

i don't think that i will ever made it to 10.6.x because the usb-drive isn't booting up. as i told you on the last pages, whatever i do: when i boot from my sandisk 16gb cruzer i get a black screen with the blinking underline command that move to the third line and then nothing (i've tried it with all the last chameleon versions from 639 to 699).

yes i've done the steps in the tutorial and yes i know how to work with bios settings and os x for a long time, but why is this fck {censored} not booting up? is it the mainboard? how can i test the usb-stick? when i use my macbook and boot up via alt key the usb drive is displayed with the titel "snow leopard installation dvd" or something like the official titel of the snow leopard dvd.

and starobrno1's installation guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...52&st=1100# don't work either, but i've tried it only ones on my second hdd over a month ago. dunno maybe i've done there something wrong. but for all the steps above: i'm pretty shure that i'm doing it in the correct way :-/

hey guys, me once more.

i don't think that i will ever made it to 10.6.x because the usb-drive isn't booting up. as i told you on the last pages, whatever i do: when i boot from my sandisk 16gb cruzer i get a black screen with the blinking underline command that move to the third line and then nothing (i've tried it with all the last chameleon versions from 639 to 699).

yes i've done the steps in the tutorial and yes i know how to work with bios settings and os x for a long time, but why is this fck {censored} not booting up? is it the mainboard? how can i test the usb-stick? when i use my macbook and boot up via alt key the usb drive is displayed with the titel "snow leopard installation dvd" or something like the official titel of the snow leopard dvd.

and starobrno1's installation guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...52&st=1100# don't work either, but i've tried it only ones on my second hdd over a month ago. dunno maybe i've done there something wrong. but for all the steps above: i'm pretty shure that i'm doing it in the correct way :-/

Hey,

So when you first get the thumb drive ready you know that you've got to partition it, and I'm sure you have. But for the sake of having it covered, I'll throw it out there once more.

You get 3 options in Disk Utility:

- GUID

- Apple

- MBR

You HAVE to do GUID for the Snow Leopard install. End of story. If you want to verify that your image is good, you can partition it this way, restore the image to the thumb drive, and try booting it in your Macbook.

I will warn you, if it's a newer Macbook, it can be very stubborn about what it will boot from. I found with mine that I couldn't boot anything before 10.6.3 and it would ONLY boot the original disk that came with the computer. I tried my genuine 10.6.0 Snow Leopard disk and it would not boot it. So whether or not the USB boots on your Macbook isn't necessarily the deciding factor on whether or not it will work, unfortunately. If it's not one of the unibody ones and it doesn't boot the USB, then perhaps you may want to try a new USB drive. I use the Sandisk Cruzers without a problem.

ok guys, i will try to use another usb-stick first, i will lend out the 8gig stick from my dad when i'm back home. thanks for all your help i really appreciate it! maybe i'm so lucky and it's only the stick. but i don't think that this will solve the problem because i've tried a chameleon installation on another 1gig stick but that didn't booted up, too. btw.: i have used a macbook first generation for the bootup test with the 16gig cruzer and around 5min. of apple logo (after i've startet the bootup from the cruzer) i've stoped it because i thought it was enough to prove that the chameleon bootup works with it. should i try it again and wait until i see the installation routine from SL?

i have used a macbook first generation for the bootup test with the 16gig cruzer and around 5min. of apple logo (after i've startet the bootup from the cruzer) i've stoped it because i thought it was enough to prove that the chameleon bootup works with it. should i try it again and wait until i see the installation routine from SL?

Make sure you get to the GUI. Maybe you've got a bad image? 5 minutes is a long time too.