Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

i've used these two that are actualy available for download...

@Multisaft and @showbas

download any partition manager app (CANT use windows compmgmt.msc)

i habe used paragon btw

change mac partition from logic to primary

i've read it 3 times but i don't understand your post.

i should change my mac partition from logic to primary? what mac partition, what will happens then, why should i do that? more infos plz ;)

i've read it 3 times but i don't understand your post.

i should change my mac partition from logic to primary? what mac partition, what will happens then, why should i do that? more infos plz ;)

pls open your terminal and digit:

diskutil list

post here the resul maybe is more easy to see what is...

Fabio

pls open your terminal and digit:

diskutil list

post here the resul maybe is more easy to see what is...

Fabio

hello

this is what i get :

/dev/disk0

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *465.8 Gi disk0

1: EFI 200.0 Mi disk0s1

2: Apple_HFS Sans titre 1 465.4 Gi disk0s2

config : p6t se 0908

i7 930

gtx 460

If you don´t absolutely want or need the flash drive but just install SL there is a pretty easy way to do it if you have access to a working hackmac or have or can borrow a real mac.

With a hackmac you can do it either to a internal harddrive or an external USB harddrive (Enclosure). With a Mac it´s easiest with an USB harddrive (Enclosure)

Make sure you have a videocard that works oob or the driver and the know how to install your videocard.

Restore/make a copy of your SL disc on your desktop, download the 10.5.6 comboupdate and put it on your desktop too.

Download Ifabios DSDT.aml for this mobo the fakesmc.kext, the P6T-SE.kext (and the appleHDA.kext if you want it) and comappleboot.plist from this thread.

Download Pfix and kexthelper or something like it.

Download Ifabios chameleon.

Format and partition your target hard drive to guid and name it ofcourse

Start the restored SL you have on your desktop

Start terminal type your password and copy past this:

cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages

Hit enter, then copy past this:

open OSInstall.mpkg

This gives you an option to choose what harddrive you wanna install too and ofcourse you install to your target harddrive.

When it´s done double click/start up the comboupdate and install it to your target harddrive.

Install chameleon to your target harddrive then drop the DSDT.aml and comappleboot.plist in Extra and the fakesmc.kext, the P6T-SE.kext and if you have/need drivers for your videocard in Extra/Extensions.

Reboot from your target harddrive (on most PCs press F8 during boot and you can choose hdds even USB harddrives if you set it up so in your bios ) and finnish the install.

If you have a videocard that works oob I don´t think you have to run pfix or any repair permissions at all it should work anyway. If you need to install videodrivers you migth wanna do it though.

Just a tips.

Good luck

If you don´t absolutely want or need the flash drive but just install SL there is a pretty easy way to do it if you have access to a working hackmac or have or can borrow a real mac.

With a hackmac you can do it either to a internal harddrive or an external USB harddrive (Enclosure). With a Mac it´s easiest with an USB harddrive (Enclosure)

Make sure you have a videocard that works oob or the driver and the know how to install your videocard.

Restore/make a copy of your SL disc on your desktop, download the 10.5.6 comboupdate and put it on your desktop too.

Download Ifabios DSDT.aml for this mobo the fakesmc.kext, the P6T-SE.kext (and the appleHDA.kext if you want it) and comappleboot.plist from this thread.

Download Pfix and kexthelper or something like it.

Download Ifabios chameleon.

Format and partition your target hard drive to guid and name it ofcourse

Start the restored SL you have on your desktop

Start terminal type your password and copy past this:

cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages

Hit enter, then copy past this:

open OSInstall.mpkg

This gives you an option to choose what harddrive you wanna install too and ofcourse you install to your target harddrive.

When it´s done double click/start up the comboupdate and install it to your target harddrive.

Install chameleon to your target harddrive then drop the DSDT.aml and comappleboot.plist in Extra and the fakesmc.kext, the P6T-SE.kext and if you have/need drivers for your videocard in Extra/Extensions.

Reboot from your target harddrive (on most PCs press F8 during boot and you can choose hdds even USB harddrives if you set it up so in your bios ) and finnish the install.

If you have a videocard that works oob I don´t think you have to run pfix or any repair permissions at all it should work anyway. If you need to install videodrivers you migth wanna do it though.

Just a tips.

Good luck

Thank you very much it works great. i finally got snow leopard working great. My gtx 460 works fine with the drivers from nvidia.

@Jemmyuk

Use this kext to make the sound work !

1. Repair Permission for the OS partition

2. Delete your AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E

3. Copy my AppleHDA.kext to S/L/E

4. Rebuild cache using the KextUtility

5. Restart and check the sound

PS: I labeled the file yellow color !

Mirror download :

http://www.mediafire.com/?sjq9635n3acpp3b

Thanks Becks Pham

Will try the kext and come back, got a bit busy last few days, look forward to getting it sorted this weekend, hopefully

@Jemmyuk

Mirror download :

Tried your kext but get stuck at this screen during boot, have a look

img0147n.jpg

Just to add on to the previous post, this happens when I try to boot from hard drive with the installed chameleon, I can boot normally into osx using the installer on usb

@Jemmyuk

Mirror download :

Tried again with fresh install, able to get everything working on mac except sound, updated to 10.6.5, used ATI vervet kext from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] at tony macs forum and the Graphics card works fine although in 32 bit. I would be interested to know how you got it running in 64 bit.

Only problem left to tackle now is the sound, no luck with the kext you supplied. have tired legacy kexts and even rollback to AppleHDA for 10.6.2 with no luck. I checked if sound is working by using Ubuntu live CD and sound works well with that.

Hope someone could help me get the sound working soon

further update, I tried the 10.6.2 kext again and this time also added the P6TSE kext to the Extra/Extensions folder in the HD, it only had the fakesmc.kext, no sure if that was meant to be there but thought will try since I did add these two to the folder in the installer on usb. ran the kext utility, restarted and now sound works although only 2 channel. I have a 5.1 sound system, but hey now at least my mac is usable.

The mb on board sound is actually Realtek ALC1200 and I did find kext for that in another forum in Insanelymac but installing that let to me getting stuck at a blue screen just before the desktop shows up in osx, so havent tried it again. Would love to hear from anyone who has managed to get the full sound working on Asus P6T SE.

Hi guys,

first of all wanna thank to iFabio and all Asus P6t SE "developers".

I found in this thread two DSDT's files and compare both of them for performance (using Geekbench) and accuracy for my my machine.

My results is with iFabio DSDT file better score but likely an other users firewire mounting problem. With DSDT file came from "P6T SE Essentials" it's worse performance but firewire working perfectly - I can turn off and turn on my camcorder and it's always working (using a Final Cut Pro).

I would be stay with iFabio version so thought that I can compare both of firewire section in DSDT files and replace, but there is no different between. Then realize that probably issue is a IRQ but I don't have enough knowledge for that.

Can you help me and make a little changes in DSDT file or tell me what is needed to change ?

The firewire still a common problem...

That part is just a "workaround" to "fix" the message into the kernel.log (the same message you can see in verbose mode), try deleting the injection relate to firewire... but until now I have no idea how to get it "powered" w/o swith off or put the machine in sleep and wake for have a working Firewire device working...

Fabio

Hi All,

I've usdated my P6t WS Pro to 10.6.4. No extra anything yet. Now I'm trying to get my ATI 5770 to work. Every time I try to install the Gaphics Update 1.0 I get a kernel Panic and the install is destroyed. Does anyone know how to get my ATI 5770 to work with this install method? I've tried most boot loaders that support my video card and they give me the not a Mac sign on boot. Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Thanks

Brandon

For anyone with ATI Radeon HD5970 ATI Radeon HD5870ATI Radeon HD5770ATI Radeon HD4890 ATI Radeon HD4870.See this thread --->>> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...231768&st=0

Download the boot file replce the one you currently have and edit your com.apple.boot.list to iclude

<string></string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>AtiFb</key>

<string>Vervet</string>

Vervet is default fo 5770 so if you have that card don't use AtiFb. For 5870 use AtiFb Uakari. If you are on 10.6.4 and want to install graphics update or 10.6.5 do this before hitting restart so that the update can go on. I hope this helps someone. Many thanks to Tweak and iFabio for their help with os x on p6tse and to kabyl for support for my graphics card.

For the firewire thing

Mine IS working fine I have two ideas

1- I use a firewire hub (apple cinema display) so I plug/unplug the firewire on the cinema display and not on the cumpoter it self

2- I disabled express gate, my boot time decreased a lot you can give it a try

Im using iFabio latest DSDT

ps. ifabio any updates on my problem?

thanks

ps. ifabio any updates on my problem?

thanks

Not for now... :(

I try send the new GFX ids to the chameleon developer... maybe your problem can be fix via GraphicsEnabler...in a new bootloader version.. maybe

EDIT:

I look into nvidia.c source into latest chameleon and { 0x10DE0DF0, "GeForce GT 425M" }, is present...

Still no work with GraphicsEnabler?

Fabio

Sadly no :/

i cant force native resolution either (the max is 1280x1024x32)

sony did something to this card because even on windows i had to hack the new drivers to work with this card

i had to add the device id on some files

on nvidia site it says that only vaio f with geforce 330m is supported at this time

so i think vaio f with 425m is something diferent from others with 425m

and for the internet i will have to wait for someone porting the drivers to SL right?

;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw guys this is what iFabio is helping me with

Vaio F 1390X

i7 720

Geforce 425m

4gb DDR3 1333mhz

Atheros AR9287 Wireless Adapter

Marvell Yukon 88E8057 PCI-E Gigabit

so cant make geforce 425m work

and cant find drivers for atheros and marvell

if anyone have any ideas please help me

thanks