Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

Im not sure how reliable geebench really is cause I get different results if I do two times with a couple of minutes in between. Same conditions nothing but geekbench running but different results so I dont trust it.

Asus P6t SE

i7 930 cpu

1600 mhz memory

SSD harddrive

Sapphire HD5750 1 gb GDDR5

osx 10.6.5 64 bit

Im not sure how reliable geebench really is cause I get different results if I do two times with a couple of minutes in between. Same conditions nothing but geekbench running but different results so I dont trust it.

Asus P6t SE

i7 930 cpu

1600 mhz memory

SSD harddrive

Sapphire HD5750 1 gb GDDR5

osx 10.6.5 64 bit

I think is normal...

trottle...

No OverClock

bench.jpg

Fabio

Then how do you know whats the true score if you get different readings from time to time with the same hardware under the same conditions? Dont get me wrong now iReset I love your work and the latest dsdt works really good, its geekbench Im not so sure its so reliable.

• 3 weeks later...

After updating to 10.6.7 I am stuck on

AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider.

I am as vanilla as one can get, just using fakesmc and p6tse kexts.

Anyone any ideas?

Hardware is

p6tse

i7 920

hd5770

EDIT:

Got this problem solved. It said something about PCI devices earlier in the log.

I had to install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ATI Support for my Sapphire HD 5770 and then I updated to 10.6.7.

SO IN GENERAL: MAKE SURE YOUR GRAPHICS CARD IS WORKING BEFORE YOU UPDATE TO 10.6.7

• 5 weeks later...
10.6.8 update kills audio, and i've tried every hdaenabler, applehda, and legacy1200hda i could find. i don't have a 10.6.4 audiohda.kext file around anywhere. anyone else get this to work?

Oy mate, I got the audio fixed by installing these two kexts with kextutility. Hope it works...

1068.zip

Update to 10.6.8...

(Some picture show AD2000B because the steps are the same as my other motherboard but the P6T SE have a ALC1200 controller)

1) Update your 10.6.x to 10.6.8 with a combo update dmg file.

1dmg.png

2) When the combo update process are finalized, no restart.

3) fireup your terminal /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

and enter the following sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x88\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

3perl.png

4) Download the Archive it contain 2 file.

4ad2000b.png

5) Navigate to your AppleHDA.kext

5locat.png

right click on that kext and next on Show package/contents

5acontent.png

6) A new window will open, navigate into the Contents/Resources folder

6folder.png

7) replace/overwrite the two file from the downloaded archive.

8) Delete the ALC1200.kext (or P6TSE.kext) file from Extra/Extensions

So in your Extra/Extensions you have only FakeSMC.kext ;)

9) Use >>THIS

rename it into Info.plist and replace:

- Yukon2

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist

- AppleAHCIPort

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist

- IOAHCIBlockStorage

/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/Info.plist

- JMicronATA

/System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

10) Run Kext utility or similar... (repair disk permission, privilege, caches..)

Done.

PS.. Maybe tweak41 can explain how too in a more and comprensive english.

Fabio

Fabio Im getting a bit confused here doesnt network work with 10.6.8? Mine does I did the ordinary update through the appstore though. I tested sdpeedtest.net and it works like a charm I get 90 mb downstream and 80 mb upstream and I have not done anything with my network just the update. Or is this only to get onboard sound working (I dont use it got a delta 44 in this one)?

Fabio Im getting a bit confused here doesnt network work with 10.6.8? Mine does I did the ordinary update through the appstore though. I tested sdpeedtest.net and it works like a charm I get 90 mb downstream and 80 mb upstream and I have not done anything with my network just the update.

You update your P6T SE from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 right?

then what about your audio.. still working? probably no because a lot of things changed into AppleHDA(10.6.8)

The proposed patch is for get the ALC1200 (the onboard AUDIO controller) work with the 10.6.8 AppleHDA.

Also the .plist proposed... for the P6T SE the "Yukon2" is not needed, but the other like JmicronATA and ACHI & BlockStorage..ecc are needed for the correct functionally... (Orange HD icons ecc)

Fabio

Hello and congratulations for the work Fabio (Congratulations are also to Tweak and for the rest of the forum)

I have a small problem: after updating with your latest DSDT.aml My result geekbenck is 8749. First it was 9170.

The problem may be the older version of bios? My bios is 0808.

Thanks in advance

Edit: The first test I had done with 10.6.6, the second after upgrading to 10.6.8 but the situation remained the same.

Edit2:I also updated the bios to 0908 but the story remains the same

You update your P6T SE from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 right?

then what about your audio.. still working? probably no because a lot of things changed into AppleHDA(10.6.8)

The proposed patch is for get the ALC1200 (the onboard AUDIO controller) work with the 10.6.8 AppleHDA.

Also the .plist proposed... for the P6T SE the "Yukon2" is not needed, but the other like JmicronATA and ACHI & BlockStorage..ecc are needed for the correct functionally... (Orange HD icons ecc)

Fabio

Thanks for the fast reply.

Yes I did and as I said I dont use onboard audio. Ok so its for the onboard audio then thats what I guessed. I still have the same icons as before both for HDs and USB units and it looks they work ok. Only glitch Ive noticed so far is Quicktime wouldnt play a H.264 video in mp4 container but VLC can so I guess its a Quicktime problem and has nothing to do with this. It would be cool to try it out though just to see if I get even more power out of this hack but Im gonna upgrade to Lion as soon as they release it so I think Ill save my energy cause Im sure I will run in to new probs with that one :D .

Thanks

Would someone be willing to try the kext pack I modified using Fabio's instructions posted on the first page with the Delta Update (Software Update)? I want to see if AppleHDA will work without using the Combo Update.

Thanks!

Hello and congratulations for the work Fabio (Congratulations are also to Tweak and for the rest of the forum)

I have a small problem: after updating with your latest DSDT.aml My result geekbenck is 8749. First it was 9170.

The problem may be the older version of bios? My bios is 0808.

Thanks in advance

Edit: The first test I had done with 10.6.6, the second after upgrading to 10.6.8 but the situation remained the same.

Edit2:I also updated the bios to 0908 but the story remains the same

Try play with Macmodel in smbios.plist...

maybe switch from MacPro4,1 to MacPro3,1 or viceversa

Fabio

Try play with Macmodel in smbios.plist...

maybe switch from MacPro4,1 to MacPro3,1 or viceversa

Fabio

I tried macpro3.1, 4.1 and 5.1 but do not notice any change.

This is my smbios.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
 <key>SMproductname</key>
 <string>MacPro3,1</string>
 <key>SMserial</key>
 <string>M1029559XYL</string>
</dict>
</plist>
</b><b>

Hi guys.

Sorry... I forgot one file in the AppleHDA patching process

In this >>archive

- layout12.xml Same file as before...

- Platforms.xml Same file as before...

- Info.plist this need to be replaced into

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist

this file (Info.plist) "fix" the mic problem...

Fabio

Update to 10.6.8...

(Some picture show AD2000B because the steps are the same as my other motherboard but the P6T SE have a ALC1200 controller)

1dmg.png

and enter the following sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x88\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

3perl.png

4ad2000b.png

5locat.png

5acontent.png

6folder.png

So in your Extra/Extensions you have only FakeSMC.kext B)

9) Use >>THIS<< set of .plist

- Yukon2

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist

- AppleAHCIPort

- IOAHCIBlockStorage

/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/Info.plist

- JMicronATA

10) Run Kext utility or similar... (repair disk permission, privilege, caches..)

Done.

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

Kind of n00b here..

I did the update as you wrote it, but I cannot boot after updating to 10.6.8

The machine just hangs on the grey load screen (with the apple logo) and a "not entry" sign.

Do you have something I can try doing?

Hi Fabio,

Kind of n00b here..

The machine just hangs on the grey load screen (with the apple logo) and a "not entry" sign.

Here is a picture of the boot screen in safe mode:

post-662054-1310032875_thumb.jpg

Hi Fabio,

Kind of n00b here..

Here is a picture of the boot screen in safe mode:

Remove SleepEnabler!

Update to 10.6.8...

1dmg.png

3perl.png

4ad2000b.png

5locat.png

5acontent.png

6folder.png

So in your Extra/Extensions you have only FakeSMC.kext :)

9) Use >>THIS<< set of .plist

- Yukon2

- AppleAHCIPort

- IOAHCIBlockStorage

- JMicronATA

Done.

Fabio

Hi, this is my first post in this forum (it's fantastic!) but I got some questions to all this points (Got an P6T SE and a working 10.6.8 SL)

3) big perl command why should I do this?

4) - 9) I have loaded the patched files (from site 1, was easier and no kernel panics). What have you changed in all this files and why?

10) followed to run the kext utility. All working fine.....but I've got a formated EFI partion with all necessary files from /Extra folder. My external hard disk over JMicron is connected via eSata.

When booting during plugged in, it is shown on the Apple Desktop as a "grey icon" (not orange), so I think it is not "hotplugged" (in BIOS it is on AHCI).

On the EFI Partion I've got the eSata.kext for the JMicron (from "[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]"). So when SL boots via Chameleon it seems to load the driver from /System/Library instead from EFI Partition? How can I control that, delete file from /System/Library and try different .kexts in /EFI?

Sorry for my bad english.....but this is my first good working SL on PC! Thanks for help!

Finally have access to my machine.

Updated from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8. Replaced offending AppleHDA.kext, repaired kext caches and rebooted.

** had to remove RadeonMonitor.kext as it kept kp'ing.

Alright, so I can't seem to figure this out, so I guess I'll ask. Here is the screenshot of where it hangs.

photo1yz.jpg

Here is my setup:

Memory: 2GBx3 OCZ

Mobo: ASUS P6T SE

Video Card: XFX HD4870 1G DDR5

CPU: i7 920 2.66G

I followed the guide exactly. Updated the BIOS, set the proper settings. What I think it may be, is a kext issue or me not setting the values in the boot.plist file correctly. I am using the latest DSDT v3.4 and I tried setting the EnableGraphics in the boot.plist to y (which resulted in a scrambled screen) and to n (where I am right now). The other two or three errors near the end there I think are a result of the onboard devices being enabled.

Let me know if I need to provide any further information. Any help would be greatly appreciated!