Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

The DSDT works for all processors?

Yes

So this means we can skip the P6T-SE kext in extra now? This means you have to remember to copy and reinstall those three kexts every update you make which people might forget!

you right! You can stiil using P6T-SE.kext in E/E

Whats new in this updated DSDT?

- Extracted from last BIOS from ASUS.

- No More SS code :thumbsup_anim:

- IRQ "issue" fixed thx this post --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=206313

Fabio

Works good thanks. I tested it both on my (32 bit) Sata drive and on my (64 bit) SSD drive both run 10.6.5. Gonna do the update to latest soon as I get the time.

Nice to know.

Glad to help :D

Fabio

Am seeing slightly higher CPU temperatures (~3 degrees C) after using the new DSDT. This is cause of the removal of SS code?

probably "yes"

but test yourself the "new" performance...

also I copy&paste here a bench from a Italian post... Thx to ytrox for share the bench info

Fabio

probably "yes"

but test yourself the "new" performance...

also I copy&paste here a bench from a Italian post... Thx to ytrox for share the bench info

Fabio

Ah got it. Is there anyway to use the new DSDT and get SS still (via a kext?) or are they mutually exclusive?

UPDATE

[*]DSDT P6T & P6T SE (v3.4 need 10.6.4 or upper)

/Extra/DSDT

>> P6T SE & P6T DSDT <<

[*] You also need in Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext (new version or older... is the same relate to functionallity)

Enjoy!

iReset, this finally solved my issues with the os not recognizing my firewire hardware when switching it on. Thanks a lot! OS boots faster, too.

Looks like it even made the motherboards the onboard USB2 ports work ok now so it looks I have two separate highspeed USB2 controllers working. Two controllers = two USB2 separate highspeed ("full" bandwidth) connections which might come in handy if its getting tight and youre running out of USB bandwidth.

Ah got it. Is there anyway to use the new DSDT and get SS still (via a kext?) or are they mutually exclusive?

directly from "BIOS"

Looks like it even made the motherboards the onboard USB2 ports work ok now so it looks I have two separate highspeed USB2 controllers working. Two controllers = two USB2 separate highspeed ("full" bandwidth) connections which might come in handy if its getting tight and youre running out of USB bandwidth.

???

what do you mean now???

your USB not worked before???

Fabio

Im talking about the onboard connectors on the motherboard itself not the usb ports on the real panel. Seems OSX can see two highspeed USB controllers now and they work good too, 100% functionality as far as I understand. This means I can hook up two video capture devices one to each controller. Normally just one capture device alone uses up all the bandwidth for one controller if I set it to highest resolution and size.

If one for example have an external USB harddrive for audio samples or movies it might not work so good in combination with other USB devices cause the bandwidth is not sufficient. Just hook it up to the onboard usb and it should work much better cause its using a highspeed controller of its own.

:)

Nice to know...

Fabio

Fabio thanks a lot for your help getting this mac sorted . just a quick question . is it possible to hard wire

product ID 0x0001

vendor ID 0x0a12

version 5.25

speed ( not relevant)

location id 0x5d200000

dlink 120 rev c bluetooth dongle to the dsdt ???

so that i can have wake from sleep supported by a click of the mouse /keyboard

if it is where would i need to go to change the values or could i exit the plist in the iobluetooth family ??

thanks in advance

Fabio thanks a lot for your help getting this mac sorted . just a quick question . is it possible to hard wire

product ID 0x0001

vendor ID 0x0a12

version 5.25

speed ( not relevant)

location id 0x5d200000

dlink 120 rev c bluetooth dongle to the dsdt ???

so that i can have wake from sleep supported by a click of the mouse /keyboard

if it is where would i need to go to change the values or could i exit the plist in the iobluetooth family ??

thanks in advance

Via USB is "hard"

I have the same model... and Works OOB...

bluevz.png

Fabio

not a problem but

thanks for the consideration anyway

does yours wake from sleep or do you have to hit the power button ?

mine wake in this case: mouse,power button or keyboard

example: my machine don't wake if I unplug a USB(pendrive) when the machine is in sleep mode,

it just wake and after the screen still black.(but is just a unluky case)

for the rest of case STOP, SLEEP and RESTART work w/o special flags in c.a.B.p

Fabio

iReset, this finally solved my issues with the os not recognizing my firewire hardware when switching it on. Thanks a lot! OS boots faster, too.

FINALLY!! No more random firewire ejects (thus far) for me either. This is going to help significantly with my post work.

EDIT: Well it only mounts after the computer has been put to sleep at least once. So it's still not quite fixed, but it's better at the very least.