Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

What I tried till now is trashed the AppleHDA kext in S/L/E, then copied the one in the original post by Tweak, ran the kext utility to update permissions, no sound still on reboot. Tried couple more kexts for audio, I'll be really glad if you can help me find a solution for this.

Thanks

Try this: iFabio AppleHDA patch 10.6.5

What I tried till now is trashed the AppleHDA kext in S/L/E, then copied the one in the original post by Tweak, ran the kext utility to update permissions, no sound still on reboot. Tried couple more kexts for audio, I'll be really glad if you can help me find a solution for this.

Thanks

1. To remove kext in S/L/E, you can use KextUtility to repair permission and cache then delete the file safety.

2. Another solution for sound, you can use the original AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2. You can find this file on the internet or get from mine later (because i don't have it now :) )

I was going to try your suggestion but seem to have hit another problem, osx opens normally (without sound) but then randomly freezes, sometime just as the desktop shows up, at other times after I have been using internet or try to connect a usb drive, only way out is to reboot then it works fine for short while before freezing again. arrgh....

only peripherals connected are usb apple keyboard, usb mouse, bluetooth dongle with apple trackpad and brother laser printer. have tried removing trackpad and usb mouse individually but cant find the reason for the freezes, any ideas why this might be happening

I tried the Terminal command suggested in Fabio's post with no sound, so tried to reinstall te Apple HDA kext in s/l/e then ran kext utility. I got this error on the screen, should it show or I need to do something else.

screenshot20101127at143.png

Don't worry about that "error", it is normal!

Just press ok, and watch that "kext utility finishes its work.

(cab happend more thime during the process).

Fabio

Don't worry about that "error", it is normal!

Just press ok, and watch that "kext utility finishes its work.

(cab happend more thime during the process).

Fabio

Hi Fabio

I tried the sudo command using Terminal in your post with no response then tried to revert back to the old Apple HDA kext, but no sound. If I look in system profiler I can see the Intel Hi Definition sound but no input and microphone does not work. Managed to get the ATI HD 5770 to work in 32 bit mode using ATI vervet kext.

Can you suggest any solution as how to get the sound working. Rest of the build works fine, boots normally, ethernet, usb, graphics,, bluetooth, sleep function all work normally, Only if I could get the sound

I would appreciate your help

Thanks

Jemmy

a little question if i don't have a mac... can I create the "usb key" with windows 7? or Can I find a copy of this "usb key" anywhere?

Use boot 123. google will help you.... remember to use the flags cpus=1 busratio=21 necessary for this specific mobo/proc ;). patience it's also important ;)

Can someone guide me why does my system keep freezing randomly, I disconnected eveertyhing except keyboard and mouse, have managed to update to 10.6.5 but this problem happened even when did not update. No sound still, dont get any errors, just system freezes and only way out is power down, restarts normally but then freezes randomly, not related to sleep, infact resuming from sleep was not an issue at all.

I was wondering if it is the Graphics card again. I used the ATI vervet kext, if anyone managed to get the ATI HD 5770 working with another kext, I would appreciate a link please

I tried the Terminal command suggested in Fabio's post with no sound, so tried to reinstall te Apple HDA kext in s/l/e then ran kext utility. I got this error on the screen, should it show or I need to do something else.

You have to repair permission before you delete files in S/L/E.

To repair permission. Go to Utility -> Disk Utility -> choose the OS partition then click Repair Permission

The ATI 5770 graphic card working in 64bit with the original kext from Apple. I'll post my guide soon.

Use boot 123. google will help you.... remember to use the flags cpus=1 busratio=21 necessary for this specific mobo/proc :D . patience it's also important :D

thanks for the reply... i will use this tomorrow with a SL Retail... today i will try to install iaktos v3 s2... if it want start....

You have to repair permission before you delete files in S/L/E.

To repair permission. Go to Utility -> Disk Utility -> choose the OS partition then click Repair Permission

The ATI 5770 graphic card working in 64bit with the original kext from Apple. I'll post my guide soon.

looking forward to your guide

@Jemmyuk

Use this kext to make the sound work !

1. Repair Permission for the OS partition

2. Delete your AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E

3. Copy my AppleHDA.kext to S/L/E

4. Rebuild cache using the KextUtility

5. Restart and check the sound

PS: I labeled the file yellow color !

Mirror download :

http://www.mediafire.com/?sjq9635n3acpp3b

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Yeah George, you need to delete AppleHDA from S/L/E. You can do this from command line by booting with -s

Just do rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

Cheers Tweak, will give that a turn once i finish all the dealine critical work. BTW awesome guide, really appreciate your effort and updates on it. And lovin my low-priced, high-specced machine. ;)

k i dunno what else i shut do.

pc is not booting into the chameleon installed on the flash-drive.

i'm not using the r568 build mentioned in the first post. i'm using the last one: r629. within the installation you have 2 chameleon bootloader options:

1. standard (boot 0 (on mbr) responsible for loading boot1, boot1 (on the partition boot sector) to finding boot2, and boot 2 (partitions root directory) for loading kernel etc.)

2. efi (for normaly hidden EFI partitions using either boot0 or boot0hfs) (i think i need this one because i've formated the flash-drive as guid - witch creates a invisible 200mb efi partition?!)

both don't work. whatever i'm installing chameleon first and then restoring my SL-dvd, or restoring SL-dvd and then installing the chameleon bootloader and following the next steps with kexts, boot.plist and dsdl.

any ideas?

and why is my cruzer 16gb so fck slow now? is it totally defraged because of so many repartition and restoring mac os x and chameleon? writing speed is now at around 1mb/s. on the first run it was at around 8mb/s.

k i dunno what else i shut do.

pc is not booting into the chameleon installed on the flash-drive.

The correct order is:

1) Partition flash drive as GUID

2) Format

3) Restore SL DVD (if you're not using a retail disc, then there's no guarantee it will work)

4) Install Chameleon RC5 using the standard option (You DO NOT want to use EFI partition)

5) Copy boot.plist and DSDT.aml to your Extra directory

6) Put P6T-SE.kext and FakeSMC.kext in Extra/Extensions

7) Run Kext Utility on Extra/Extensions

8) Boot

Your boot.plist should be pretty bare:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Why you're unable to boot is strange. If you're following the steps correctly then there should be no reason it shouldn't boot. What BIOS version are you using?

Hey Gang, I have my system working near perfect with your guide. Except for Firewire. Works if device is plugged in at boot, but hot swapping does not work. Any fix for this?

Thanks, oq

Firewire is a known issue with this board. I have the same problem. :/

The correct order is:

1) Partition flash drive as GUID

2) Format

3) Restore SL DVD (if you're not using a retail disc, then there's no guarantee it will work)

4) Install Chameleon RC5 using the standard option (You DO NOT want to use EFI partition)

5) Copy boot.plist and DSDT.aml to your Extra directory

6) Put P6T-SE.kext and FakeSMC.kext in Extra/Extensions

7) Run Kext Utility on Extra/Extensions

8) Boot

Your boot.plist should be pretty bare:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
 <key>Kernel</key>
 <string>mach_kernel</string>
 <key>Kernel Flags</key>
 <string>arch=i386</string>
 <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
 <string>y</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Why you're unable to boot is strange. If you're following the steps correctly then there should be no reason it shouldn't boot. What BIOS version are you using?

Firewire is a known issue with this board. I have the same problem. :/

mine is working fine....

ifabio latest dsdt

bios 0808 (i think)

try disabling expressgate

Yeah George, you need to delete AppleHDA from S/L/E. You can do this from command line by booting with -s

Just do rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

Strangely wouldn't allow me to do that (file permissions???) so just manually i.e. via Finder deleted that ApppleHDA.kext and all seems good.

Cheers again mister,

Strangely wouldn't allow me to do that (file permissions???) so just manually i.e. via Finder deleted that ApppleHDA.kext and all seems good.

Cheers again mister,

Ah! Sorry!

Next time that happens just use the sudo command before whatever it is...

i.e. sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

Then you enter your password.

2 questions

first: when you restore the os x install dvd to the flash drive (yes i have a retail sl-dvd), does the name of the partition change? first you named the flash drive "installer" and after the os x restore it has the name of the original sl-dvd "mac os x install dvd"?

second: i've tried to install only chameleon in two different versions (r643 and r629 - the 2 newest) onto a very fast 1gig flash drive. i've formated it as hfs+ with GUID, hfs+ with MBR, NTFS with MBR and so on, i've tryed the EFI bootloader from Chameleon and the normal installation process. when i press F8 on boot up (bios 0808) and boot into the flash-drive i still get all the time the blinking underline _ and my flash drive LED blinking for some seconds and then nothing happens. maybe i deactivated the usb boot up in my bios options?

i dunno whats up here because i have studied information economics and i think i'm familiar with the stuff for more then 2 weeks. so i'm definitly not a fck noob. but fck it it's frustrating!

2 questions

first: when you restore the os x install dvd to the flash drive (yes i have a retail sl-dvd), does the name of the partition change? first you named the flash drive "installer" and after the os x restore it has the name of the original sl-dvd "mac os x install dvd"?

second: i've tried to install only chameleon in two different versions (r643 and r629 - the 2 newest) onto a very fast 1gig flash drive. i've formated it as hfs+ with GUID, hfs+ with MBR, NTFS with MBR and so on, i've tryed the EFI bootloader from Chameleon and the normal installation process. when i press F8 on boot up (bios 0808) and boot into the flash-drive i still get all the time the blinking underline _ and my flash drive LED blinking for some seconds and then nothing happens. maybe i deactivated the usb boot up in my bios options?

i dunno whats up here because i have studied information economics and i think i'm familiar with the stuff for more then 2 weeks. so i'm definitly not a fck noob. but fck it it's frustrating!

I have the same problem p6t se 0908. i7 930. gtx 460.