Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

Hi iFabio

I used the Boot 132 Disk from "http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208724" and run with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Disk.

Everything seems to work but no sound.

Then I replaced AppleHDA.kext with the 10.6.3 version from "http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208724" using Kext Utility. Actually, I tried all versions 10.6, 10.6.2, even legacy. Still no sound.

Then, I tried your method. This is how I did it.

I manually deleted dsdt.aml, dragged and dropped your DSDT.aml into Extra.

Then I manually deleted FakeSMC.kext and replaced with your FakeSMC.kext and P6T-SE.kext by dragging and dropping into Extra/Extensions

After which I manually deleted AppleHDA.kext and replaced it with your AppleHDA.kext

Ran Kext Utility to update all kexts and rebooted.

Still no sound.

Is there anything I'm not doing right here?

For the record, I'm using P6TSE with Asus GTS250 1GB DDR3 card :|

Cheers,

lfcfanatic

Hi

Delete the content inside the dir.. /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.bootstamps/

and delete the Extensions.mkext in the /Extra/

after this use again kext utility

The important thing for the Orange icon is the stuff need to be present in the .mkext file

Anyway is this not work next week I rebuild the legacy... because I see there is some problem with the same for the P6T Deluxe...

Fabio

Hi

Delete the content inside the dir.. /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.bootstamps/

and delete the Extensions.mkext in the /Extra/

after this use again kext utility

The important thing for the Orange icon is the stuff need to be present in the .mkext file

Anyway is this not work next week I rebuild the legacy... because I see there is some problem with the same for the P6T Deluxe...

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my post. I followed your instructions but still no luck with sound. Guess many of us will be waiting for your legacy :mellow:

Cheers,

lfcfanatic

well it seems i'm at the same point as lfcfanatic, up to date with 10.6.3 graphics work but in display there is only one resolution option , no sound and my processor comes up as unknown? not sure exactly what to change in the smbios.plist

well it seems i'm at the same point as lfcfanatic, up to date with 10.6.3 graphics work but in display there is only one resolution option , no sound and my processor comes up as unknown? not sure exactly what to change in the smbios.plist

pussyluvva

read some topic about com.apple.Boot.plist probably you miss some string/stuff fot your configuration... like graphicsEnabler or graphicsresolution ... or same things for your smbios.plist always in /Extra/

try add this stuff manually in your com.apple.Boot.plist and smbios.plist

Fabio

here is what is showing in my com.apple.Boot.plist file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">'>http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>boot-uuid=F1495F65-92E6-3EAF-BFAB-8B0FC32A0677=*uuid </string>

</dict>

</plist>

and here is what i'm seeing in my smbios.plist file

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMbiosvendor</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>MP21.88Z.005C.B01.0608221120</string>

<key>SMbiosdate</key>

<string>08/28/2008</string>

<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>

<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-F4208DC8</string>

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>MacPro</string>

<key>SMmanufacturer</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacPro4,1</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>W88033AKY51</string>

<key>SMsystemversion</key>

<string>1.0</string>

<key>SMUUID</key>

<string>00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016174EE065</string>

<key>SMmemtype</key>

<string>24</string>

<key>SMmemspeed</key>

<string>1800</string>

<key>SMmemmanufacter</key>

<string>Apple Computer</string>

<key>SMmemserial</key>

<string>100000000</string>

<key>SMmempart</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>SMcputype</key>

<string>1281</string>

<key>SMbusspeed</key>

<string>4800</string>

<!--

<key>SMmaximalclock</key>

<string></string>

-->

</dict>

</plist>

the only thing i changed in the smbios.plist was the memspeed to 1800

what should these lists look like ? my memory is ddr3 geil 1800

here's how my com.apple.Boot.plist file looks now

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>boot-uuid=9C8FC41B-7514-34C5-B64D-C3832388955F=*uuid </string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280×1024×32</string>

</dict>

</plist>

i installed the kexts for audio found in this thread, sound now works but graphics don't seem to be right (resolution gives one option of 1024x768 and time machine wont work?? :D sleep function also no longer works but i'm not too bothered about that

I copied the fakesmc some errors in verbose mode disappeared.....but i continue to have some other errors.... so i followed this......

HI ALL.

I port for the P6T SE my last DSDT v3.3 (stripped and optimized).

ONLY for P6T SE

i7 920 --> HERE <--

i7 930 --> HERE <--

i7 940 --> HERE <--

i7 950 --> HERE <--

i7 965 --> HERE <--

i7 975 --> HERE <--

A legacy only for P6T SE with ALC1200.kext and OrangeIconFix.kext all-in-one

P6T-SE.kext --> HERE <--

(no assertion error in the kernel-log :P )

I suggest use this version of FakeSMC with MacPro4,1 keys (modded by smith@@)

FakeSMC.kext --> HERE <--

In the dir System/Library/Extensions you need owerwrite your AppleHDA.kext (original 10.6.3) with this binpatched by smith@@

- AppleHDA.kext --> HERE <--

So we need:

In Extra/Extensions you need:

- FakeSMC.kext

- P6T-SE.kext

Exellent utility for all operation like rebuild caches and install new kext:

Kext Utility v2.3.2 (cVad) --> HERE <--

enjoy...

Fabio

...and i overwrite the dst and put p6t-se.kext in extra/extension....now in extra extension i have

- FakeSMC.kext

- P6T-SE.kext

But i have to keep or delete the other kext files (EvOReboot.kext, iohciblockstorageinjector.kext, jmicronata.kext)

other question

when i turn of it says

unmount of /home failed (45)

unmount of /net failed (45)

how can i solve this error?

thx

- FakeSMC.kext

- P6T-SE.kext

But i have to keep or delete the other kext files (EvOReboot.kext, iohciblockstorageinjector.kext, jmicronata.kext)

EvoReboot you can delete it same for iohciblockstorageinjector... the jmicron is optional...

in anycase is better for you try and see yourself

unmount of /home failed (45)

unmount of /net failed (45)

Me too I have this message... That message is "normal"?. Yes..?? Ignore it

Fabio

i installed the kexts for audio found in this thread, sound now works but graphics don't seem to be right (resolution gives one option of 1024x768 and time machine wont work?? :( sleep function also no longer works but i'm not too bothered about that

Pls add your spec in your signature.. is hard for the people try to help you w/o know your spec all the time.

Anyway search for your specific GFX card because any system (GFX) is different... we have the same mobo but the GFX need othr kind of solution.. maybe

Fabio

thanks for your patience with me :wacko:

i've updated specs to my sig

just to recap, i followed instructions on page one used the 10.6.2 update package, updated to 10.6.3, used iFabio's uploads and instructions restarted but could not get online, replaced dsdt file with the former one which i'm typing from now, still have no sound and resolution is low, hope someone can help me figure this out, thanks :)

just restarted and now my graphics are set at 1024x768 this is the only option available, i've lost sound again, sleep no longer works and my fans seem to be running too fast(loud)

i'm glad i'm not the only one who has gone through this to get a stable hackintosh

thanks for your patience with me :D

i've updated specs to my sig

just to recap, i followed instructions on page one used the 10.6.2 update package, updated to 10.6.3, used iFabio's uploads and instructions restarted but could not get online, replaced dsdt file with the former one which i'm typing from now, still have no sound and resolution is low, hope someone can help me figure this out, thanks ;)

just restarted and now my graphics are set at 1024x768 this is the only option available, i've lost sound again, sleep no longer works and my fans seem to be running too fast(loud)

i'm glad i'm not the only one who has gone through this to get a stable hackintosh

post what exactly file you have in Extra and in Extra/Extensions

the AppleHDA.kext in the System/Library/Extensions is the one patched? is the original one?

Your GFX previusly (with 10.6.0 is full recognized by the system?)

We need more info, maybe someone can help you

Fabio

here is what my extra folder has in it

com.apple.Boot.plist

dsdt.aml

smbios.plist

Extensions.mkext

and the Extensions folder, in the extensions folder are as follows

AppleHDA.kext

EvOreboot.kext

fakesmc.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

P6T-SE.kext

i downloaded the dsdt and extra files for the latest thundercat restarted and this seems to have almost everything fixed except for the graphics, resolution is at 600x800 but if i try to up it the screen goes blue???

if i could have higher resolution now then i think it would be near perfect, i have had a higher resolution than this whilst running 10.6.3

here is what my extra folder has in it

com.apple.Boot.plist

dsdt.aml

smbios.plist

Extensions.mkext

and the Extensions folder, in the extensions folder are as follows

AppleHDA.kext

EvOreboot.kext

fakesmc.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

P6T-SE.kext

i downloaded the dsdt and extra files for the latest thundercat restarted and this seems to have almost everything fixed except for the graphics, resolution is at 600x800 but if i try to up it the screen goes blue???

if i could have higher resolution now then i think it would be near perfect, i have had a higher resolution than this whilst running 10.6.3

HDAEnabler.kext

AppleHDA.kext

EvOreboot.kext

you can delete this.. (make sure you overwrite the AlleHDA.kext placed in System/library/Extensions with one patched like one I suggest in previus post...

after this rebuild the caches with kext utility... probably you have the working solution. w/o that kext

Fabio

HDAEnabler.kext

AppleHDA.kext

EvOreboot.kext

you can delete this.. (make sure you overwrite the AlleHDA.kext placed in System/library/Extensions with one patched like one I suggest in previus post...

after this rebuild the caches with kext utility... probably you have the working solution. w/o that kext

Fabio

ITALIAN

ciao iFabio

ho fatto come mi hai suggerito di fare nel post precedente....vorrei porti 2 domande

domanda uno....ho cancellato manualmente applehda.kext e poi ho copiato manualmente il tuo kekt....mi ha iniziatyo a dare un sacco di errori mentre ero dentro il s.o. (non al boot) dicendo che applehda non era installato correttamente ....che mancavano plug-in....cosi' l'ho ricancellato e l'ho installato trascinandolo sulla kekt utility....e gli errori son spariti....pensi che io abbia corrotto il sistema?

domanda 2.... ho aggiornato tutto.....l'unica cosa che non ho aggiornato e' stato "aggiornamento audio per macpro versione 1.1"...posso aggiornarlo? se lo aggiorno dopo l'audio funziuona? o devo ricancellare applehda e reinstallare il tuo?

grazie

ENGLISH

iFabio

i did as you suggest.....just 2 questions....

question one....i delete manually applehda.kekt in system/library/extension then i manually copied the applehda.kekt you suggested in you post.....the system start to give me error sayng that applehda didn't work because it wasen't installed correctlyand other plugins error (i had those error in the s.o. not on booting).....so i deleted again the file....and i used your kekt with kekt utility....do u think i corrupted the s.o.?

question 2.... i launch software update.....i update everithing except the one "audio update for macprover 1.1".....can i install it or not? after audio works?

thx

delete applehda.kext on /system/library/extensions

install the modded applehda.kext with kextutility (or any other app)

boot with -f

now about the software update

just press "delete" over the update and it will be hidden

question one....i delete manually applehda.kekt in system/library/extension then i manually copied the applehda.kekt you suggested in you post.....the system start to give me error sayng that applehda didn't work because it wasen't installed correctlyand other plugins error (i had those error in the s.o. not on booting).....so i deleted again the file....and i used your kekt with kekt utility....do u think i corrupted the s.o.?

No. is normal for the OS "popup" the error but if you replace the patched AppleHDA and rebuil/repair the permission are ok

question 2.... i launch software update.....i update everithing except the one "audio update for macprover 1.1".....can i install it or not? after audio works?

The MacProAudioUpdate1,1 is not a problem IS OK FOR US!!!!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=217397

This update don't contain AppleHDA.kext but contain some correction for real MacPro4,1 like SpeedStep :D and we "need" it is a vanilla "macpro4,1.plist"

So this is not a problem!

If you have update your system at the version 10.6.3 that update not affect your AppleHDA!

here is my current situation, i followed this guide, used fabio's latest uploads but i still was in low resolution, so i swapped the graphics card from my 1st build(nvidia 8400gs 512) and woohoo it works....sort of, my resolution is 1280x768, now my problem i think is i have too many kexts ?? because i have restarted a few times and sometimes i get a blue screen and it also takes a while to start up here's a picture of my extensions folder

kexts.tiff

just found out my sound doesn't work :s

edit. just added AppleHDA.kext from the audio zip from page 6, sound now works

I am using iFabios DSDT on my board ASUS P6T SE , but resuming from sleep is not working. Does anyone have resume from sleep working? If yes are there any specific bios settings needed to be changed with iFabio's DSDT?

Also how do I see if speed step is working?

Thanks,

Taylor

No. is normal for the OS "popup" the error but if you replace the patched AppleHDA and rebuil/repair the permission are ok

The MacProAudioUpdate1,1 is not a problem IS OK FOR US!!!!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=217397

This update don't contain AppleHDA.kext but contain some correction for real MacPro4,1 like SpeedStep ;) and we "need" it is a vanilla "macpro4,1.plist"

So this is not a problem!

If you have update your system at the version 10.6.3 that update not affect your AppleHDA!

@ifabio

u sayd it touch speedstep....but there is nothing to change....like replase your sppedstep file or things like that isn't it?

@ wolverine...i installed kekt as u and ifabio suggested.....but u says also to boot with -f option...what it do the f option?

@ifabio

u sayd it touch speedstep....but there is nothing to change....like replase your sppedstep file or things like that isn't it?

@ wolverine...i installed kekt as u and ifabio suggested.....but u says also to boot with -f option...what it do the f option?

omg...

this is my config:

- The system is update until the last Apple update

- My system are MacPro4,1 in smbios.plist

- My system have GraphicsEnabler = yes for my GFX card

------

- I have replaced the original /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext with one I suggest previusly (patched by smith@@)

In /Extra I have:

- smbios.plist

- com.apple.Boot.plist

- Extensions.mkext

- DSDT.aml (v3.3)

- Extensions (the folder)

In the /Extra/Extensions I have:

- FakeSMC.kext

- P6T-SE.kext (Is a legacy with the data for the AppleHDA + A fix for orange Icon)

After this... pls I repeat the same thing 10 times

Fabio

i just got back from the computer store, i took my 9600GT back and got it changed for a 9400GT 1GB, put the graphics card into my system, now when i reboot i just get a load of white lines across the screen, i tried the card in different slots with the same outcome, thought the card might be at fault, but tried the card in another system and it works fine, any ideas people?

edited to add, i had a spare HDD so i installed window7 on it with my old graphics card, i then run the asus utilities that come with the motherboard and got everything updated, i then replaced graphics card for the new one and hey presto, everything works, i have a few more kexts in my ext folder than fabio though, and it took 3 restarts to eventually work(i was just getting a blue screen?)

so thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread and helped me get my system running, i hope my posts can help others in the future :D

{censored} in my haste and countless sleepless nights i had not replaced the graphics card at all ;) , so i went ahead and replaced the graphics card, same stuff happens screen doesn't work. i also changed all my boot files to the last ones fabio posted and i have no sound, but that can be fixed