Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

Great! 10.6.2 updated guide will help many users!

Here are my basic bios settings. Bios version 0608. Sleep on idle fully working. No boot problems or errors. (Usb stick boot method) my stick is selected as first boot device, OsX disk as second boot device and windows disk as third.

I ve uploaded some photos with my settings. Cpu, onboard devices, usb, sata, power etc.

You can download them here

andrew79,

I noticed a couple things that we're doing differently:

1) Booting 32-bit versus 64-bit. You're doing 32-bit. I'll try that and see if it sleeps.

2) You're not using a JMicronATA kext. I could try that too.

andrew79,

I noticed a couple things that we're doing differently:

1) Booting 32-bit versus 64-bit. You're doing 32-bit. I'll try that and see if it sleeps.

2) You're not using a JMicronATA kext. I could try that too.

I tried in 64-bit and had no problems but i have an external EMU usb soundcard too (native mac os x drivers), which i use only for recording and unfortunately there is no support for 64-bit for this card.

I used JMicronATA kext as long as i had the ide dvd rom and had no sleep issues. When i bought my new sata dvd rom (Sony optiarc) i deleted the kext because i don't need it. So the only thing i could thing is the 32 bit architecture. Maybe this is why i have the sleep function working...

Do you know if you've got Disabler.kext in there?

A screenshot would really help, because the problem isn't necessarily AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext, but could be.

Hi Tweak,

Here are the screen shots of my primary screen and the other secondary screen that sort of disintegrates (in a new wave artistic kind of style)

post-392865-1260310866_thumb.jpg

post-392865-1260310880_thumb.jpg

T

Hi Tweak,

Here are the screen shots of my primary screen and the other secondary screen that sort of disintegrates (in a new wave artistic kind of style)

post-392865-1260310866_thumb.jpg

post-392865-1260310880_thumb.jpg

T

looks like a disabler kext issue i think (could be wrong) but im sure that the apple cpumanagement needs to be disabled with disabler ( in extensions get a copy of mac drive and you can do this your self via windows instead of rebooting all again) ...i could be wrong tho

Big_T

Your graphics card is the problem. Support has just been updated in 10.6.2...

http://netkas.org/?p=284

Not sure what to tell you. If you can find a DVD that is 10.6.2 instead of 10.6 you can install it, otherwise maybe you'll have to make some changes to your files on the flash drive before it will install (i.e. the added kexts for your graphics card).

And don't forget to use the files netkas mentions!

Good luck.

EDIT: Direct link to the drivers you need: http://is.gd/4y27Q

Big_T

Not sure what to tell you. If you can find a DVD that is 10.6.2 instead of 10.6 you can install it, otherwise maybe you'll have to make some changes to your files on the flash drive before it will install (i.e. the added kexts for your graphics card).

Good luck.

dang just when i thought i had it figured ...i was thinking video card due to the wavy lines on the screen but assumed disabler caus of where it choked

dang just when i thought i had it figured ...i was thinking video card due to the wavy lines on the screen but assumed disabler caus of where it choked

Because it stops booting at a certain line doesn't necessarily mean that's the cause. If you see a kernel panic then it's pretty obvious, but sometimes you'll find the real reason hidden halfway down the page and not realize it. However, I think the messed up graphics were a pretty good indicator that it was something related to the graphics hardware, and sure enough he was using a card that is in beta stages in terms of support (as evident from the link to netkas' site).

I tried in 64-bit and had no problems but i have an external EMU usb soundcard too (native mac os x drivers), which i use only for recording and unfortunately there is no support for 64-bit for this card.

I used JMicronATA kext as long as i had the ide dvd rom and had no sleep issues. When i bought my new sata dvd rom (Sony optiarc) i deleted the kext because i don't need it. So the only thing i could thing is the 32 bit architecture. Maybe this is why i have the sleep function working...

Are you sure it is a 64bit driver issue on the soundcard. As my external Logitech USB Soundcard stopped working with the Soundkext from the package (the 2 kexts) Removing the kexts solved the usb sound issue.

I now use a kext in S/L/E Folder. Get it here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161430

Are you sure it is a 64bit driver issue on the soundcard. As my external Logitech USB Soundcard stopped working with the Soundkext from the package (the 2 kexts) Removing the kexts solved the usb sound issue.

I now use a kext in S/L/E Folder. Get it here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161430

Yes, emu 0202 usb does not work in 64 bit mode. No drivers... In 32 bit mode it works just fine. I had a problem with my logitech cam built in mic, when i tried the first version of the 2 kexts. A day later it was fixed with a newer version of the kexts and logitech cam built in mic appeared again in sound preferences. The one kext solution destroys the sleep function in my system so i prefer to use the updated 2 kexts for sound. Emu 0202 does not work in 64bit mode even if i remove the 2 kexts. I also have a mac mini and if i boot in 64bit mode...emu does not work.

Hi, first of all sorry my English, I use a translator.

10.6.1 was installed perfectly. I upgraded to 10.6.2 following your guide but the only thing not working is the wifi. I have to install a kext?

Thanks for your guides are very easy to understand, great job!

Big_T

Good luck.

Hi Tweak,

Ok This makes sense. I downloaded the kexts from the link thank you! I was wondering though if there is a way to inject them into the flash drive? I placed them in the "Extra" Folder next to the extensions.mkext in a faint hope that it woudl work but nothing happened.

I suppose finding a 6.2 disc is the best solution.

Big_T

Hey Man ,

Still thanks for trying anyway!!! I also thought it was the power management or ethernet card.

Big_T

Big_T with other O.S. your card works fine????

Yes I am currently on Ideneb 10.5.5 and the card works like a charm. I did have to install the kexts though to enable proper resolution and dual capabilities, but that was after the OS was working and installed.

Yes I am currently on Ideneb 10.5.5 and the card works like a charm. I did have to install the kexts though to enable proper resolution and dual capabilities, but that was after the OS was working and installed.

have you tried installing backing up your kext (audio video internet etc) and then rebooting but before updating ( dowload the update let it install but before restarting re installation ) re install the backed up kext then rebooting???

have you tried installing backing up your kext (audio video internet etc) and then rebooting but before updating ( dowload the update let it install but before restarting re installation ) re install the backed up kext then rebooting???

But I have not been able to install snow leopard in the first place? I get hung up on the install. So I only have 10.5.5 running now. Not sure how I'm supposed to run the update?