Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

What Kexts? AppleHDA and HDAenabler aren't working. Or do I need Kexts for ALC889 since with the latest DSDT.aml System Profile shows up 889 as Audio-ID?

e1ement

Ooops...sorry i forgot to attach the link to the kexts:( You can download them from here. These 2 work for me on 10.6.2 and i use Bchemist 's dsdt.aml too. These 2 are modified to work with 10.6.2. Older versions included to tweak41 guide did not worked with 10.6.2

This is what system profiler shows up:

Device ID: 0x10438357

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Internal

Line Out:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

Internal Microphone:

Connection: Internal

External Microphone:

Headphone:

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Optical

Ooops...sorry i forgot to attach the link to the kexts:( You can download them from here. These 2 work for me on 10.6.2 and i use Bchemist 's dsdt.aml too. These 2 are modified to work with 10.6.2. Older versions included to tweak41 guide did not worked with 10.6.2

Well, I got two DSDT.aml versions from Bchemist and with both audio doesn't work. One of the shows Audio-ID 889 and the other doesn't show any audio at all.

e1ement

PS: My system boots up fine without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/SleepEnabler.kext, but it reports wrong CPU temperatures.

post-401390-1260045699_thumb.jpg

Well, I got two DSDT.aml versions from Bchemist and with both audio doesn't work. One of the shows Audio-ID 889 and the other doesn't show any audio at all.

e1ement

PS: My system boots up fine without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/SleepEnabler.kext, but it reports wrong CPU temperatures.

Mine is a bit hotter too without nullcpu kext, but not hotter than a core2duo imac (and we talk about quad cores ... so i don't think that getting 4 or 5 degrees hotter is a problem). It is reported all over the forum that without nullcpu, temps are a little bit higher... but scores are higher too. Geekbench gives me better scores without nullcpu extension.

Now about the sound issue. Did you tried the kexts i linked in my previous post? As i can see we have the same motherboard and we use same dsdt.aml. So if those kexts don't work for you something is wrong. Are you rebuilding you /extra/extensions.mkext after copying the kexts to /extra/extensions? Have you installed any other modified kexts in System/Library/Extensions? Is your bios updated? Is the onboard audio enabled from bios? We have used the same guide, we have the same motherboard and the same dsdt... so you should have sound.

screenshot.jpg

Mine is a bit hotter too without nullcpu kext, but not hotter than a core2duo imac (and we talk about quad cores ... so i don't think that getting 4 or 5 degrees hotter is a problem). It is reported all over the forum that without nullcpu, temps are a little bit higher... but scores are higher too. Geekbench gives me better scores without nullcpu extension.

Is it really hotter or is it just an error of reporting temperatures? My CPU is with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext at around 38° C and without it is 48°C.

Now about the sound issue. Did you tried the kexts i linked in my previous post? As i can see we have the same motherboard and we use same dsdt.aml. So if those kexts don't work for you something is wrong. Are you rebuilding you /extra/extensions.mkext after copying the kexts to /extra/extensions? Have you installed any other modified kexts in System/Library/Extensions? Is your bios updated? Is the onboard audio enabled from bios? We have used the same guide, we have the same motherboard and the same dsdt... so you should have sound.

I don't have an Extensions.mkext. I just copy them to /Extra/Extensions and I'm using BIOS 0603 (newest would be 0608).

e1ement

//EDIT: It was that I didn't build a Extensions.mkext. But why did all the other .kexts work?

Is it really hotter or is it just an error of reporting temperatures? My CPU is with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext at around 38� C and without it is 48�C.

I don't have an Extensions.mkext. I just copy them to /Extra/Extensions and I'm using BIOS 0603 (newest would be 0608).

e1ement

//EDIT: It was that I didn't build a Extensions.mkext. But why did all the other .kexts work?

As far as i can remember tweak41 had an /extra/extentions.mkext ready to use. If you used newer kexts after that guide and did not build a newer mkext, i imagine that they did not worked and kernel used the old kexts ... you just had the newer in your folder. Maybe this is why you had higher temps? Are you sure you are using latest fakesmc and latest Bchemist's dsdt which contains a temp fix? Also Bchemist was very clear about the bios settings. Look at his previous posts in this topic and check your bios. Before setting my bios as he advised i had higher temps too.

Also updating to the latest bios version is easy using windows.

This is my extra folder. Also i could take pictures of my bios settings and upload them tomorrow if you think this could help. And another thing... what program do you use to monitor your temps? Temp monitor usually shows up higher temps. Istat is more reliable.

I used this DSDT.aml and FakeSMC v2.5. For monitoring I use iStat Menu.

We have the same. I use the previous version but it's the same except the code for the built in audio that it doesn't work anyway. Same FakeSMC too. Check your bios for C-STATE setting (cpu settings). If this is disabled, ENABLE it. This was Bchemist's advice for other users and it sure helped me too. With nullcpu temp on idle is 39c. Without it and c-state disabled is 47c. Without it and c-state enabled temp is 41c on idle.

Hello all,

I posted this link before, but I guess I have to do it again...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161430

That is the kext to use for audio. It's the best one. And it's just one kext, not two (he put the HDAenabler.kext inside that one).

AND @ssf01

This thread isn't about your {censored} computer. Stop.

Just for curious. My system (with p6t NOT SE but it's the same card...) works better without AHCIPortInjector AppleAHCIPort ATAPortInjector in the Flash.

Before there was a constant access to the HDD, the applications start very slowly and also for select a simple menu in the finder's bar appear the 'loading circle logo'. Now it's work very very fine!

I helped (and helping) myself with this topic:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196800

I think someone with p6t could be interest and also someone with p6t-se (it's the same card!!! change only the bios!)

Tweak41 is right. We do not read carefully all the posts. I missed the information about the working sound with just 1 kext.

Also TheCONDOR it is discussed in previous posts that there is no need for these kexts.

Tweak41 are you thinking about updating your guide with 10.6.2 kexts etc? I think it would help many users. You could include Bchemist's dsdt and also some more information about bios settings. It is just an idea, of course i don't know if you have the time...

Hye!

Well I got my hands Mac OS X 10.6 and for the only thing i have is an ISO and in that iso there are multiple dirs

-bootcamp

-DVDCDSharing

-Autorun.inf

-Setup.exe

I dont think it is normal. what should a Mac OS X 10.6 look like? because this is already my 4th download i did. :D

-Rex

PS. Do hope, I dont break any rules, If so SORRY!

Tweak41 i used the one kext for audio and guess what! No more autosleep! I restored the other two kexts i' ve been using for 10.6.2 and scheduled sleep is back!

Maybe this is your problem with scheduled sleep and not any peripheral device. Otherwise it's something specific with my system but i don't have a problem using the 2 kexts as long as they work:)

Hye!

Well I got my hands Mac OS X 10.6 and for the only thing i have is an ISO and in that iso there are multiple dirs

-bootcamp

-DVDCDSharing

-Autorun.inf

-Setup.exe

I dont think it is normal. what should a Mac OS X 10.6 look like? because this is already my 4th download i did. :P

-Rex

PS. Do hope, I dont break any rules, If so SORRY!

If you read the ISO with Windows this is normal, because Windows can't read the disc's Mac Filesystem (HFS). It only reads out the UDF which contain's the necessary files for bootcamp.

If you read the ISO with Windows this is normal, because Windows can't read the disc's Mac Filesystem (HFS). It only reads out the UDF which contain's the necessary files for bootcamp.

Thanks for letting me know this, I got it working now, copied the dmg file into my Tiger VM and i was able to restore the DVD to a 16GB Flashdrive.

-Rex

@andrew79

Thanks for that suggestion. I'll have to give that a try. Come to think of it, I think autosleep was working back in 10.6.1 before this audio kext so maybe that's the solution...

AND YES--I do plan to update the guide, but I'm very picky about making everything perfect before updating so I want to have a good 4 hours of free time to do so. I haven't had that lately.

@andrew79

Thanks for that suggestion. I'll have to give that a try. Come to think of it, I think autosleep was working back in 10.6.1 before this audio kext so maybe that's the solution...

AND YES--I do plan to update the guide, but I'm very picky about making everything perfect before updating so I want to have a good 4 hours of free time to do so. I haven't had that lately.

cheers bro

Hye!

For some reason i cant get the USB Drive to boot:\ I did what the guide said me to do.

1. Partition to GUID

2. Restore DVD to USB

3. Run 2_Boot Prep

Well after doing the steps above my USB still wont boot:(

Anyone got ideas?

-Rex

Anyone got ideas?

To boot you must either change Boot Priority in BIOS or while you get the blue "Asus P6T SE" Screen you must hit F8 until the Num-LED goes green. If you hit F8 to early you don't get the screen to choose your boot device.

Tweak41 i used the one kext for audio and guess what! No more autosleep! I restored the other two kexts i' ve been using for 10.6.2 and scheduled sleep is back!

Maybe this is your problem with scheduled sleep and not any peripheral device. Otherwise it's something specific with my system but i don't have a problem using the 2 kexts as long as they work:)

Tried this and still no luck. Hrm...time to go BIOS digging.

To boot you must either change Boot Priority in BIOS or while you get the blue "Asus P6T SE" Screen you must hit F8 until the Num-LED goes green. If you hit F8 to early you don't get the screen to choose your boot device.

I know, i did the exact same thing. but there is just an underscore blinking:(

Are you sure you formatted it in guid? Or just in mac os extended (journaled) format? If this usb stick was used in windows it may have kept the master boot record partition scheme and this is why it's not booting (i had this problem too :hysterical: ) After formatting the usb stick you need to go to Disk utility -> select the stick then choose the partition tab. Then choose 1 partition and (THIS IS IMPORTANT) options -> guid partition scheme.

Rexel,

I had the same problem and my USB was properly (GUID) formatted. My solution was:

In System BIOS:

#1 Make Sure your primary boot device is the allocated to the flash drive

#2 have Jmericon Disabled

Doing these two steps led me to get past the blinking underscore and actually enter the chameleon interface.

I'm still jamming up though using the -v enter I get jammed at the:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: : start - waitFor wervice (resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

AppleRTL8169Ethernet : Ethernet address 00:21:8c:9a: .......