Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

Two things...

1) Audio doesn't actually play because I'm guessing that dev-ids aren't matching up to whatever is loaded in the vanilla kexts? In System Profiler it shows Audio:

audiok.png

But you can't actually select an output device through the System Preferences panel.

UPDATE: I noticed when I run the AppleHDA audio kext that my Audio ID is 12. With this it's 889. Just an observation...dunno if it helps.

2) You can delete the PlatformUUID kext by putting the necessary information into your boot plist file:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>boot-uuid=B18DC213-551B-37A0-AA1B-0C1001D9E004 rd=*uuid</string>

Kext Utility gives you this information when you run it. All you have to do is copy and paste it into your boot.plist file.

kextutility.png

@Bchemist

Does YOUR audio work with the DSDT patch? If it does then I guess your patch is too specific?

Bchemist i used your latest dsdt.aml v3. First i removed HDenabler and AppleHDA kexts from my extra folder, but after restart...no sound:( System profiler recognizes the onboard card but no inputs or outputs are available in sytem preferences/sound. I have no other external card connected at the time.

I have plug and play os enabled in bios. I also tried with your smbios.plist but no difference...

Anyway you have done so much so far that i think all of us should thank you A LOT :rolleyes:

This is frustrating but at the same time allows for a wider scope of values. I'm sure it's something so ridiculously small...where if I don't find what's causing it not to work now it will break my own system later...so better if I figure it out sooner than later. A theory is that maybe the keys I made cannot or should not be hard-coded as strictly like in the examples. Luckily there are alternatives. There's a possible way to increase the buffer or read the values dynamically for OSX to plug into itself. Actually this is giving me an idea on how other 3rd party hardware could be more readily read on the empty ports or with another Method statement.

Thanks for your input!

Well, Here is what i got so far.

Bchemist's smbios nuked by boot up so I restored a backup I had and started fresh. Using Bchemist's DSDT 3.0 and only like 4 kexts (Sleepenabler for the hell of it, evoreboot, IOBlockinject, and fakesmc). Temps are good, network works, and still booting fast.

Just to verify with Bchemist, I have the ATI Radeon 4870 and it seems to be working perfectly with your DSDT.

After I cleared my caches it turned out that the dream of native audio on this board died with those files. So for the meantime that former 3.0 file will just sit back on that post with the junk code if someone wants to get an idea of how a future mod might go if Mac ever decides to allow SL to be compatible with our codec.

I suppose I learned a great deal about compatibility of other audio devices with SL.

Does anyone know where to get a I/O reg dump of a MacPro4,1?

Thanks tweak41 for reminding me about the UUID.

tweak41 gave us a great guide, Bchemist gave us a great dsdt.aml so even if we have to use an HDAenabler kext ... no problem ;)

Last night i was testing my kext compilation and found out that if you have an external card, the only kexts needed for 10.6.2 to run fast and stable are:

fakesmc.kext 2.5

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

and if you have an ide dvd rom like i do, you need JMicronATA.kext. Nothing else!

Also something else i noticed with 10.6.2 !!! If you remove NullCpu and leave sleepenabler (10.6.2 version) in your kexts, you could have a kernel panic. Sleepenabler is ONLY needed IF you use NullCpu kext.

Sleep is working great without sleepenabler and nullcpu of course.

Also....

Geekbench score with nullcpu in my kexts: 7657

Geekbench score after removing nullcpu and sleepenabler: 8477

We need to have a whip round to get Bchemist, Tweak and Hacker in one room... you guys would make a cool distro...

I'm having major headaches reading all this stuff now, it's getting way over my head... but for my own sanity, where would I be going wrong if I can't even update to EFI 10.5? 10.3 worked fine from the original guide, but I've tried both 10.41 at 10.5 - but both crash 'n' reset almost immediately after boot, the fans go heywire and machine wont even post again without a hardware reset.

I already swapped out a few kexts from the mkext as recommended by netkas to update to osx10.6.2, but the upgrade doesn't work with EFI 10.3...

Urgh I need to lie down... probably my own fault for getting a HD5770... but has anyone else experienced this?

can somebody help me to find ideneb 10.6 for download, please pm me tnx!

Doesn't exist as yet... last version of iDeneb was 1.6 Lite, which is only osX 10.5.8... iDeneb, iAtkos etc. have all gone quiet because 10.6.x is a headache - those that manage to get it working are as good as running vanilla...

Tweak's essential pack is the closest you'll get to a solution if you've the right hardware

Not to mention those distros are superfluosly hacky (to support a wide range of hardware obviously).

At least this way you can update through Software Update with little or no trouble (besides updating a kext or two).

This is the way hackint0shes are done now, not with distros.

I feel like I should post my expirience, with all these fixes afterall.

Also because i have a p6t deluxe v.1, my expirience is a litlle bit different, but all the major stuff works.

I can't get to sleep my mobo without sleepenabler instaled in S/L/E(althought is installed in my CF boot partition).If i remove nullcpu from my CF boot partition, i get immediatelly KP(also tried with sleepenabler installed and uninstalled).Only with the dsdt-when not using sleepenabler, my mobo wouldn't sleep.Also without the dsdt in CF boot partition, no bootin, always KP.Also i can't get to work the cpui to watch my p-states and all the stuffs that shows this great utility, always KP.Also I've tried all the dsdt by bchemist, for me work best the ver.2.0, with latest version when I remove the audio kexts, no sound at all.

I cant get in function, timed sleep(in system pref. power pref, You shoose the min, mine is 31min),I assume the the sata DVD rom is the one preventing the mobo to fall asleep, can i somehow put the DVD to sleep or there is another hack.

That's all what comes in my mind at the moment, maybe i missed something.

Also because i have a p6t deluxe v.1, my expirience is a litlle bit different, but all the major stuff works.

I can't get to sleep my mobo without sleepenabler instaled in S/L/E(althought is installed in my CF boot partition).If i remove nullcpu from my CF boot partition, i get immediatelly KP(also tried with sleepenabler installed and uninstalled).Only with the dsdt-when not using sleepenabler, my mobo wouldn't sleep.Also without the dsdt in CF boot partition, no bootin, always KP.Also i can't get to work the cpui to watch my p-states and all the stuffs that shows this great utility, always KP.Also I've tried all the dsdt by bchemist, for me work best the ver.2.0, with latest version when I remove the audio kexts, no sound at all.

I cant get in function, timed sleep(in system pref. power pref, You shoose the min, mine is 31min),I assume the the sata DVD rom is the one preventing the mobo to fall asleep, can i somehow put the DVD to sleep or there is another hack.

I can't get timed sleep with my mobo either! It's driving me insane. Maybe if I put SleepEnabler in S/L/E...Then it's not totally vanilla, but whatever. Functional is better. I also hypothesized that the SATA DVD drive was the cause, but tried unplugging it. Then someone else said the printer may be causing the problem. I tried unplugging that too. Neither solved the sleep issue. So I dunno what to do.

Hey Bchemist,

Do you think this could be coded into a DSDT patch:

http://digitaldj.net/2009/09/03/ich10r-in-...d-snow-leopard/

?? :) :)

fc bayern are you on 10.6.1 or 10.6.2? There are different sleep kexts for 10.6.0-1 and 10.6.2. They are needed only if nullcpu is present, at least this is what i read everywhere.

Now about KP maybe it's a dsdt problem. This dsdt is made for another bios, so it is possible that this is the problem. You could always try to patch your own dsdt or ask one from a user that has the same mobo. If you find one ask him what bios version he has. This is important to.

Also you could try without the dsdt using the psystar's kext (god forgive me :) ) that eliminates the need of a dsdt file. But this means that you loose all the benefits that a dsdt gives you. You can find the kext here...

Now about sata dvd and sleep issues. I solved my problem buying a new sony optiarc sata dvd. At first it wouldn't auto sleep too. I ve upgraded the firmware from windows and voila... it sleeps :)

There are some hacks you can try. People say that if you leave a blank dvd into the drive it will sleep but i don't like that method. Another one is to uncheck the "put hard disks to sleep when possible" option, from system preferences ->energy saver. This could work because many systems don't understand sata dvds as dvd roms but as sata hard disks and that's why the can't sleep properly. You could try this. This worked with my previous sata dvd but it wasn't an option for me because i have many disks and i would like them to sleep when possible.

ALSO IT IS KNOWN THAT: Many external hard disk cases could stop the system from auto sleep. (for example My book essential version, usb)

Andrew79

My mobo sleeps perfectly on 10.6.2(and after the sleep , the sound and everything work perfectly)

I was saying that without sleepenabler.kext installed in S/L/E it wont go to sleep.

(Someone mention in the posts above , that they do not really needed the sleepenabler.kext)

Allso i could not boot without nullcpu(althought, the sleepenabler is removed), i get KP

Maybe You didn't get mu point right, sorry for that.

where can i fing is my hardware compatabile?

i want to instal ideneb on my asus x59gl-ap138

Pemtium dual core inside T3200

3GB RAM on 800Mhz

Nvidia m8200 vga

i tru tu install but my lap is frozed when i tipe -v or -s or -cpus=1 -cpus=2 1 time i see a apple logo and my notebook is automaticly restarted

Doesn't exist as yet... last version of iDeneb was 1.6 Lite, which is only osX 10.5.8... iDeneb, iAtkos etc. have all gone quiet because 10.6.x is a headache - those that manage to get it working are as good as running vanilla...

Tweak's essential pack is the closest you'll get to a solution if you've the right hardware

Andrew79

My mobo sleeps perfectly on 10.6.2(and after the sleep , the sound and everything work perfectly)

I was saying that without sleepenabler.kext installed in S/L/E it wont go to sleep.

(Someone mention in the posts above , that they do not really needed the sleepenabler.kext)

Allso i could not boot without nullcpu(althought, the sleepenabler is removed), i get KP

Maybe You didn't get mu point right, sorry for that.

hm..sorry i got it wrong. I am one of those that they don't use sleepenabler and sleep works just fine. But i have a different mobo. It is asus p6t se. At the time my kexts in my extra/extensions are:

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

and the 2 kexts for sound. Nothing else.

And if i got it right...are you using your own dsdt.aml or the "p6t se" one? I ask because i was trying to install on my old pc (gigabyte p35 mobo) using other users dsdts from similar mobos and i had this kind of issues. Kernel panics without nullcpu, no sound etc. Finally i patched my own and everything went fine. Sleep, sound ...everything.

Tweak41, when i discovered that i had the autosleep issue it took me hours of testing to find out the device that is causing me the problem and finaly it was my LG sata dvd rom and epson printer. There are many posts in the forum for sata dvds and sleep issues but this doesn't mean that this is your problem too. The first thing i did was to remove all external devices, usb disks, printer etc. I tried with the sata dvd connected...same problem. Then i tried only with my epson printer, same problem. Then i tried one by one all my external disks until i had my results. Sata dvd and printer was my problem. As soon as i changed them...sleep came back. I know for sure from a friend of mine that his system will not auto sleep if an external disk (My book) is connected. So it could be anything.

Also do we have the same bios version and settings? Could a bios setting cause you this headache? Just some thoughts... I have updated to the latest 0608 version.

I have P6T Deluxe v1 and update to their latest bios

I was using the DSDT from tweak 41 for long time, and now couple of days i,m using bchemist dsdt ver 2.

I have no time and nerves , and also no clue, how to patch my dsdt

Take a look here (scrowl at the end of the page!). It is about deluxe v1 + 2 . This guy has an archive for download , which contains a ready to use dsdt.aml. You could give it a try. He also says what bios version is needed. It is in Italian language but it is easy to understand what he is saying. I found the link from an english speaking user first here

ALSO IT IS KNOWN THAT: Many external hard disk cases could stop the system from auto sleep. (for example My book essential version, usb)

I have one of these. That may be the problem... F-me if it is... -_-

where can i fing is my hardware compatabile?

i want to instal ideneb on my asus x59gl-ap138

Pemtium dual core inside T3200

3GB RAM on 800Mhz

Nvidia m8200 vga

i tru tu install but my lap is frozed when i tipe -v or -s or -cpus=1 -cpus=2 1 time i see a apple logo and my notebook is automaticly restarted

WTF. This obviously isn't a thread about your laptop. Leave.

So how do I get audio to work using Bchemist latest DSDT.aml? Almost everything is working fine, except audio and a few minor issues (wrong time when I boot back to Windows, BSD-Names for drives change every reboot, etc.).

e1ement

tweak41 just a question, nothing of important....

i've a p6t mobo, i've installed 10.6.2 by using the p6tse_essential at the top of this topic, i've changed the dst file with the one placed on this site:http://www.trick77.com/2009/10/12/asus-p6t-64-bit-osx86/

and the new fakesms and sleeperenabler kexts from netkas site..

my cpu fan always run at 100%... it's a dst or fakems error?

it's not a real problem because i can quite the fan by ASUS-QFan (in silent mode)... but just for knowledge :wacko:

So how do I get audio to work using Bchemist latest DSDT.aml? Almost everything is working fine, except audio and a few minor issues (wrong time when I boot back to Windows, BSD-Names for drives change every reboot, etc.).

e1ement

For 10.6.2 audio you need these 2 kexts in your Extra/Extensions folder. Rebuild /Extra/Extensions.mkext and restart. Audio is working. :(

I have the "wrong time issue" too, i always had it, not only with this asus mobo but with my older pc's too (gigabyte mobos), but i don't care about this ... i don't boot in windows often. I don't know if there is any solution for this and the names of the drives....

For 10.6.2 audio you need these 2 kexts in your Extra/Extensions folder. Rebuild /Extra/Extensions.mkext and restart. Audio is working. :rolleyes:

What Kexts? AppleHDA and HDAenabler aren't working. Or do I need Kexts for ALC889 since with the latest DSDT.aml System Profile shows up 889 as Audio-ID?

e1ement