GA-EP45-UD3L Snow Leopard Install Guide v1.0 for Newbies

Gurujee

544 posts in this topic

A little questions ... behaves to someone resume from Sleep Mode with your USB mouse or keyboard ? (Resume me working, but only with power button)

Well, sleep is still a problem for many users.

Mine here is working, but not as it should. I can wake system up by the mouse or keyboard. But my system doesn't goes to sleep alone sometimes. After waking up, my USB Bluetooth dongle may be working or not. It doesn't behave always the same way. I believe that sleep issues are still being investigated by the gurus of OS X. :D

Cheers.

bb.

Gurujee

I have SL running on

EP45-UD3l

GeForce 9800GT (1GiG memory DDR3) Zotac

SATA Baracuda 500GB drive - Seagate

Q9550 intel core 2 quad- 2.83 Ghtz

RAM- 2X2Gig DDR2 Ballistix - crucial

Thanks a million for your guide!!!!!!

I installed the boot loader and used the osx tools to get my video card running with a custom configuration.

I have no audio and have no idea how to install kexts or dst ...etc (ive gotten this far which is a miracle)

My internet worked right away.

My screen resolution is messed up. If I change it, I get a blue screen and have to reformat. (Unless you know a trick)

Im not sure what to do.

Thanks

Hi oconnel1.

Nice to hear that the guide helped you install SL easily to your rig. :(

About the sound, you can try this kexts here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zeimrmkue5n

Install it with Kext Helper b7 and I hope everything is gonna be OK. This files are the same I used here to my sound and it's working fine. Even 5.1 channels.

About graphics, you may trying changing the port. VGA or DVI connections. Try both and see how it behaves.

Cheers.

bb.

ok guys i have got everything working fine including sleep but not sound. i have seen that some people have got it working but i have 32 bit install not 64 bit so the easy way that people are saying worked for them wont work for me. i also tried using funes way and installed the kexts fine but im not sure where to put the dsdt file.

hope someone can help me

thanks

edit: hmm now i have seem to lost my voodo hda in preferences and in the extensiins folder. do i need this back to get my sound to work?

ok guys i have got everything working fine including sleep but not sound. i have seen that some people have got it working but i have 32 bit install not 64 bit so the easy way that people are saying worked for them wont work for me. i also tried using funes way and installed the kexts fine but im not sure where to put the dsdt file.

hope someone can help me

thanks

edit: hmm now i have seem to lost my voodo hda in preferences and in the extensiins folder. do i need this back to get my sound to work?

Hi mate.

Well, if you use the same kexts I posted here, you won't have problems using sound 32 or 64 bits. Mine here work in both.

In my case here I have one DSDT.aml file place in root and another one placed in Extra folder.

Cheers.

bb.

Hi anyone encounter wifi disconnection problem with this mobo?

I'm using Belkin F5D8053 with Ralink 2870 driver from the official ralink site but the wifi will disconnect it self every now and then.

I dont have this problem in leopard,which is weird

Hi oconnel1.

Nice to hear that the guide helped you install SL easily to your rig. :D

About the sound, you can try this kexts here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zeimrmkue5n

Install it with Kext Helper b7 and I hope everything is gonna be OK. This files are the same I used here to my sound and it's working fine. Even 5.1 channels.

About graphics, you may trying changing the port. VGA or DVI connections. Try both and see how it behaves.

Cheers.

bb.

Thanks bb

I got the resolution perfect on samsung 23" Im smokin' now. All thats left is the sound. I will try your recommendations.

Thanks alot for your help, i really appreciate it.

Hi mate.

Well, if you use the same kexts I posted here, you won't have problems using sound 32 or 64 bits. Mine here work in both.

In my case here I have one DSDT.aml file place in root and another one placed in Extra folder.

Cheers.

bb.

thanks so much for replying. i know have used the kexts a few posts back but i dont understand the dsdt part. i have a dsdt file that someone posted on here to get there sound working. where do i put that file.

also i dont have voodo hda anymore will that be a problem.

thanks

thanks so much for replying. i know have used the kexts a few posts back but i dont understand the dsdt part. i have a dsdt file that someone posted on here to get there sound working. where do i put that file.

also i dont have voodo hda anymore will that be a problem.

thanks

Well mate, the DSDT.aml file needs be placed in the root of your SL install. Same place where you have the boot file. I also have the same DSDT.aml file into the Extra folder (I confess I don't know why, but was the recommendation from my guru). I'm a little bit worried about what you said about using someone's DSDT file since this file it's a really important one. It's responsible for many things that is very particular to each system.

post-223908-1257557203_thumb.pngpost-223908-1257557224_thumb.png

About the kexts for sound, I suggest you to get yours to the default from SL because this 2 kexts I sent you does the trick on getting sound working and AFAIK, when using the voodoohda.kext you need to remove the AppleHDA.kext and the AppleHDA.kext is needed, in fact is provided in the package I posted here, to make sound work the method I'm telling you.

Hope I have helped you.

Cheers.

bb.

Well mate, the DSDT.aml file needs be placed in the root of your SL install. Same place where you have the boot file. I also have the same DSDT.aml file into the Extra folder (I confess I don't know why, but was the recommendation from my guru). I'm a little bit worried about what you said about using someone's DSDT file since this file it's a really important one. It's responsible for many things that is very particular to each system.

post-223908-1257557203_thumb.pngpost-223908-1257557224_thumb.png

About the kexts for sound, I suggest you to get yours to the default from SL because this 2 kexts I sent you does the trick on getting sound working and AFAIK, when using the voodoohda.kext you need to remove the AppleHDA.kext and the AppleHDA.kext is needed, in fact is provided in the package I posted here, to make sound work the method I'm telling you.

Hope I have helped you.

Cheers.

bb.

so your saying i need to make a dsdt.aml in windows tehn gp to my mac and put it in the root and extra directorys?

and also i need to get back voodo.hda and delete applehda?

thanks for your time

so your saying i need to make a dsdt.aml in windows tehn gp to my mac and put it in the root and extra directorys?

and also i need to get back voodo.hda and delete applehda?

thanks for your time

Well, you can get a patched DSDT in Windows. There's a app that allows you to get a patched DSDT for your SL.

And yes, you can have one DSDT file into the root and another into the Extra folder. Mine is like that. I got this info from verdant's topic on nForce mobo chipset thread. And verdant's knows what he's doing. :)

About the sound issue, if you wanna use the 2 kexts I posted here, you won't need to use voodoohda.kext. If you have the voodoohda.kext installed, when you install the new kexts I posted, KextHelperb7 will backup the voodoohda.kext in a folder called Backup Extensions in the root of you SL install. Take a look at this pic.

post-223908-1257613975_thumb.png

Cheers.

bb.

Can I do the software update to 10.6.1?? Or will this screw everything up?

Thanks bb- if you need some animation... Let me know.

Well oconnel1, I did the 10.6.1 via Software Update.

I believe you can do it without problems too. :(

Cheers.

bb.

Well, you can get a patched DSDT in Windows. There's a app that allows you to get a patched DSDT for your SL.

And yes, you can have one DSDT file into the root and another into the Extra folder. Mine is like that. I got this info from verdant's topic on nForce mobo chipset thread. And verdant's knows what he's doing. -_-

About the sound issue, if you wanna use the 2 kexts I posted here, you won't need to use voodoohda.kext. If you have the voodoohda.kext installed, when you install the new kexts I posted, KextHelperb7 will backup the voodoohda.kext in a folder called Backup Extensions in the root of you SL install. Take a look at this pic.

post-223908-1257613975_thumb.png

Cheers.

bb.

so do i need to do the dsdt thing to get sound working aswell? or just your kexts

thanks

so do i need to do the dsdt thing to get sound working aswell? or just your kexts

thanks

First try with my kexts to see what happens.

I believe you just need the kexts I posted to make it work.

Here I didn't need to change a single line in DSDT for sound to work. Installed the 2 kexts with KextHelperb7 and that's all. It backed up the existing kexts and sound worked fine. I could configure 5.1 channels too.

Cheers.

bb.

Hello.

Can somebody help me with my question? I've installed SL on my PC laptop, but can't run it. Seems that there are any boot partitions. How can I solve it?

Thank you all,

Roman.

Hi RomanN.

Well, what exactly is the problem you're facing to the install on your laptop? Have you look the forum to see if there's a thread on same PC laptop of yours?

Cheers.

bb.

Hi RomanN.

Well, what exactly the problem you're facing to the install on your laptop? Have you look the forum to see if there's a thread on same PC laptop of yours?

Cheers.

bb.

Yes, there is one but created also by me. After I've created it I found this topic and decided to post my question here.

And the problem is that I can't run OS after installation. Laptop doesn't recognize any boot partition and I don't know how to fix it. :-(

Thanks,

Roman

Yes, there is one but created also by me. After I've created it I found this topic and decided to post my question here.

And the problem is that I can't run OS after installation. Laptop doesn't recognize any boot partition and I don't know how to fix it. :-(

Thanks,

Roman

Have you installed the bootloader to the partition you installed SL in Laptop? How did you partitioned your HDD? Are you using the Chameleon 2 RC3 bootloader?

It simply doesn't recognizes your SL partition?

Cheers.

bb.

Have you installed the bootloader to the partition you installed SL in Laptop? How did you partitioned your HDD? Are you using the Chameleon 2 RC3 bootloader?

It simply doesn't recognizes your SL partition?

Cheers.

bb.

No, I've not installed any bootloader. I partitioned my HDD using Disk Utility during installation.

Can I fix it in some way or may be I need to reinstall SL?

Thank you,

Roman

Hello.

Can somebody help me with my question? I've installed SL on my PC laptop, but can't run it. Seems that there are any boot partitions. How can I solve it?

Thank you all,

Roman.

Roman, this thread is about the EP45-UD3L board, please stop hijacking this thread.

Hey guys im having troubles when i boot from the cd, actually the cd booted and then when i... eject the cd, insert the dvd, press F5 and type arch=i386, it start loading the files but after a while it stop and i see some kind of artifacts on the screen over the grey screen.

Im using a ATI HD 4850, i think this is the problem, anyone could boot using a ati card ?

is there any other way to install it ??

My config is:

Ga-EP45-UD3L

Core2Duo 6420 2.3ghz

2gb OCZ

HD 4850 512mb

HDD 320gb Seagate

Thanks in advance! and sorry for my english! :)

Hey guys im having troubles when i boot from the cd, actually the cd booted and then when i... eject the cd, insert the dvd, press F5 and type arch=i386, it start loading the files but after a while it stop and i see some kind of artifacts on the screen over the grey screen.

Im using a ATI HD 4850, i think this is the problem, anyone could boot using a ati card ?

is there any other way to install it ??

My config is:

Ga-EP45-UD3L

Core2Duo 6420 2.3ghz

2gb OCZ

HD 4850 512mb

HDD 320gb Seagate

Thanks in advance! and sorry for my english! :P

See post #144 and 146......ATI card could be the problem......

I installed Snow Leopard using The Lifehacker install. All is good except for no sound and my Video card( Nvidia GTS 250) isnt showing Quartz Extreme,Core Video..etc.Also I have a PCI firewire card that's not recognized. All said this was my first time building a PC and it was really simple.I will now build all my computers.

GA-EP45-UD3L

Nvidia GTS 250(512MB)

Patriot RAM 4GB

Snow Leopard retail disk..upgraded to 10.6.1

INtel Q9550 Quad 2.6

Antec Sonata III case w/500 Watt PSU

Pioneer SATA DVD/CD

Seagate 160GB SATA HD

I installed Snow Leopard using The Lifehacker install. All is good except for no sound and my Video card( Nvidia GTS 250) isnt showing Quartz Extreme,Core Video..etc.Also I have a PCI firewire card that's not recognized. All said this was my first time building a PC and it was really simple.I will now build all my computers.

GA-EP45-UD3L

Nvidia GTS 250(512MB)

Patriot RAM 4GB

Snow Leopard retail disk..upgraded to 10.6.1

INtel Q9550 Quad 2.6

Antec Sonata III case w/500 Watt PSU

Pioneer SATA DVD/CD

Seagate 160GB SATA HD

Hi mate.

I believe that the solution for your sound problem is right here. Install this 2 kexts with KextHelperb7.

I believe you haven't look all the posts in this thread. :)

Sound is a problem some people here are having, but solution is very easy.

About GFX, you may need to have one custom GeForce Hex to your GFX card.

Open OSx86 Tools, look for the button called Add EFI Strings / Boot Flag and click it. After doing that go to the button GFX Strings in the top of window and click it. When the new window is open, find the Custom GeForce Hex button on the top of window and follow instructions. I hope this helps you solve your problems.

EDIT - 10.6.2 "BREAKING" News

I installed the 10.6.2 version via Software Update and got system bricked. Not booting because of SleepEnabler.kext problems. I suggest all of you not updating now till we know what is happening. I read about people updating to this version without problems but it bricked my system. Be careful before updating. Looks like in version 10.6.2 the SleepEnabler.kext is not used anymore and that´s why it´s causing the system to brick.

Cheers

bb.

Was i really so stupid to think I could install osx snow leopard on my Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR with an ati radeon 4850 card?

I guess 10.5 Leopard will work as I've seen several posts by users who have an Ati 4850 videocard. But I want to use snow leopard, photshop and logic will benefit from the 64 bit.

What kind of install is Apple using for their new iMacs wich contain the new Ati 4850 cards?

Seriously, is there a way I could prepare my usb flash drive (kingston 8 gb) so it doesn't stall in setup, before I can reach disk managment etc?

Or should I consider installing Leopard 10.5 and update to 10.6? Or would that fail with my Ati 4850 videocard?