GA-EP45-UD3L Snow Leopard Install Guide v1.0 for Newbies

Gurujee

544 posts in this topic

@Funes

Thanx Funes... can you give as a package with all your Extra folder so we can see what you did ? Did you solve the problem with sleep?

Thanx in advance

@breakingbad

Man i've got the same thing with sleep, but i don't care about more than 2 channels nowdays, i'll by a new sound system soon and get to it..

@breakingbad

Man i've got the same thing with sleep, but i don't care about more than 2 channels nowdays, i'll by a new sound system soon and get to it..

Well mate, in fact, buying a new sound card is not an option for me right now.

I spent some money on my new mobo already.

I have one old Audigy 2 from Creative Labs but I don't know if would work here in OS X.

I'm starting to believe that I was much happier with my old nForce mobo. :D

Cheers.

bb.

Well i've got a problem..

I sold my iMac 2 months ago and from what i remember i had a screen like yours.. but now.. i've got the following..

20091014-c8a1ess6sipp1ahghcmrm9x7py.jpg

Hey blood...

Take a look at verdants topic on nforce chipset that your question on Start up automatically after power faillure is answered there... I made this question there and the answer about how installing this option in Snow Leopard is there for sure.

Here is the link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...224&st=320#

What I have read about this option is that doesn't work as sleep should do. It's just a workaround...

EDIT - Breaking News

For those who are having problems with the boot Cd provided in post #1 verdant will provide a new working one. I used it today without a single problem. I hope it works for all of you.

Cheers.

bb.

Anyways man, we've managed to make our little boxes work like charm didn't we! :D

For sure mate.

My system runs smooth in this rig.

When you learn how to deal with some initial problems and you can fix it, you should have a pretty nice running system. :D

Right now I'm dealing with a little problem that system is not recognizing my IDE DVD drive. I need this working so I can install Adobe CS4 Master Collection so I can work. :)

If you have any ideas, be my guest to tell me.

Cheers.

bb.

Maybe some external 5.2 frame to put your ide drive inside, maybe a friend has one so you can borrow.. just for the install, or maybe make'em dmg on friend and take'em to a disk and install'em from disk..

It's up until someone compiles some kexts..! :D

Hey blood...

Take a look at verdants topic on nforce chipset that your question on Start up automatically after power faillure is answered there... I made this question there and the answer about how installing this option in Snow Leopard is there for sure.

Here is the link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...224&st=320#

What I have read about this option is that doesn't work as sleep should do. It's just a workaround...

EDIT - Breaking News

For those who are having problems with the boot Cd provided in post #1 verdant will provide a new working one. I used it today without a single problem. I hope it works for all of you.

Cheers.

bb.

I have updated the Boot132DVD link with explicit instructions too....... :D

I have updated the Boot132DVD link with explicit instructions too....... ;)

Hi verd.

Your new boot DVD works like a charm. At least for me. I believe it will work rock solid for the others too. :P

@Blood.

Hey mate, when you boot into 64 bits mode, your system is able to see IDE connections? Mine isn´t. When I boot into 64 bits mode system doesn´t see any IDe connections. :thumbsup_anim:

Don´t know why this happens.

Cheers.

bb.

I'm a total nood and my install process keeps halting at:

acpi_smc_platformplugin::start - waitforservice(resourcematching(AppleintelCPUpowermanagement) timed out

I'm assuming this has somethin to do with the 4 cores in my CPU.

can someone help!

@Blood.

Hey mate, when you boot into 64 bits mode, your system is able to see IDE connections? Mine isn´t. When I boot into 64 bits mode system doesn´t see any IDe connections. :)

Don´t know why this happens.

Cheers.

bb.

I don't have any ide devices mate. so.. :P sorriez! :D

How about sleep, you got it ok?

and about sound, i have something for you but after sleep/wake sounds goes alien.. sometimes, but in my case, i can't get the damn thing to sleep it's the only thing left.. :(

about sound.. it's a killer..

do you run snow on 64 bit or not..

if you are on 64 bit there is a sollution with voodoohda compiled for 64 bit and you have to remove applehda.kexts..

let me give you a package to test..

AGAIN : Original AppleHDA.kext needs to be removed from /System/Library/Extensions

All packed here http://bit.ly/wZUY3

I've downloaded the package but i got no idea how to do it./make it work

Can you post a step by step tutorial for newbie like us? :angel:

Thanks.

I'm a total nood and my install process keeps halting at:

acpi_smc_platformplugin::start - waitforservice(resourcematching(AppleintelCPUpowermanagement) timed out

I'm assuming this has somethin to do with the 4 cores in my CPU.

can someone help!

Well, if you could provide more information about your installation process, it would be easier to help. ;)

What kexts did you used on your install? I had to use some extra kexts from the ones provided in post #1.

I don't believe this error is related to your 4 cores in your CPU because I don't have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in my files and it boots normally.

@beefbal

I believe this voodoo method is not the best one to use. It's kinda difficult and the sound manager is not that fine to use.

Here is the link with the kexts that my sound work like a charm and you will use the original preference pane to deal with sound on Snow Leopard.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zeimrmkue5n

Extract the files, loaded the 2 kexts inside the folder in KextHelper b7, type your password and press Easy Install. Reboot and wow ! Sound is working. :)

Cheers.

bb.

Well, if you could provide more information about your installation process, it would be easier to help. :)

What kexts did you used on your install? I had to use some extra kexts from the ones provided in post #1.

I don't believe this error is related to your 4 cores in your CPU because I don't have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in my files and it boots normally.

Cheers.

bb.

thanks man but i don't even have a chance to install kexts, the installation DVD simply does not initiate i use the boot CD, switch over to the retail SL disk and then i get that error and it freezes.

I have a GA-EP45-UD3P

quad core

ATI 1900 xt (x2)

and a Sata Drive (boot)

;) thanks for the help!

thanks man but i don't even have a chance to install kexts, the installation DVD simply does not initiate i use the boot CD, switch over to the retail SL disk and then i get that error and it freezes.

I have a GA-EP45-UD3P

quad core

ATI 1900 xt (x2)

and a Sata Drive (boot)

:( thanks for the help!

Hi mate.

Try with these new Boot DVD - record it into a DVD or DVD-RW disk as slow as you can.

You should try burning the Snow Leopard retail DVD same way: as slow as you can.

HERE IS THE LINK

> Boot with the DVD disk.

> When bootloader shows up, change the boot dvd for the one with Snow Leopard and press F5... wait it loads your Install disk then boot using flags -v -f arch=i386.

Let me know what happens.

Cheers.

bb.

P.S. - This way you should have one OS X working partition or Windows available so you can use TransMac to place your kexts in Snow Leopard installation HDD.

I have an ATI 4870 gfx card, and when booting SL, it never goes past the white apple screen with the spinner. It seems that the installer just doesn't get the graphics right, because if I press enter, there's disk activity.

Does anyone have any tips on how to patch the boot CD to initialize this card properly?

I installed 10.6 this morning and having exact same issues (no wake up after sleep, no audio).

Did you try this audio fix yet?

Also I've noticed OSX does see my audio card but nothing is available in list of Outputs and Inputs (maybe its because I have nothing connected to audio outputs yet).

Any luck with waking up from sleep?

Another minor issue I have is my IDE CDROM is not visible as well as IDE controller. Did I miss something in BIOS configuration?

thanks!

Yes sound is now working on this mother board. For details please see my reply post on 22-Sep-09. Still unable to wake up after sleep. Working on it.

I am not able to boot from the SnowLeopard Boot CD.

So as this seems to happen more often,i followed the advice:

Well, I have been experimenting with fresh installs even after writing this guide, and I too had to face this problem recently. Of course I am using AHCI mode with IDE controller disabled. But most of the times DVD light blinks and then goes away and system does not boot from CD/DVD. When AHCI mode is used and you are using SATA DVD, in the boot options you get two things; one is CD-ROM and another is DVD with its name (last option in my case) I tried on both and got one working. You can try it too. Sometimes while booting from DVD it gives BIOS read error and I had to reboot, after that I normally able to boot from DVD without any problem. Later on I found that I am using another SATA Hard Drive 80GB in my system and that is causing problem. So I unpluged it from mobo and only connected SATA 500GB H.D on which I am trying to install SL. Tried booting from CD, and got it booted in first attempt. I am not sure if you have any other old SATA H.D.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I was away from my computer for a long time, but thanks to all those who have been sharing good things with each other. So first thing first, all those who are having problem booting from the CD, might try a USB boot method which is already given in my earlier post. Thats a good alternative method of booting.

Second, I saw a couple of enthusiasts requested the DSDT.aml file which are provided by some other member. I agree that sharing DSDT.aml is not good as they are system specific, but if you have identical system, you can try it without any issue. So upon request of a member I am posting my Extra / Extension folder zipped which has a DSDT.aml and the LegacyAppleHDA.kext also. This is DSDT.aml fully tuned to have following fixes:

1. CMOS fix

2. Audio Fix for EP45-UD3L (but you must use the LegacyAppleHDA.kext in E/E

3. NTFS read / write fix

4. USB devise auto eject fix

BEFORE USING THIS DSDT.aml BE SURE TO MATCH YOUR SYSTEM SPECS WITH MINE, I HAVE:

EP45-UD3L (board) with bulit in ALC-888 (audio chipset) and RTL8111 (Ethernet chip)

Nvidia Geforce 8800GT 512MB

Sata Hard Drive

You can download this E/E folder and DSDT.aml from this link

Alternative Link is here

Extra.zip

Hi Bloodiator, thanks for some useful help to all of us. Keep it up man.

I have an ATI 4870 gfx card, and when booting SL, it never goes past the white apple screen with the spinner. It seems that the installer just doesn't get the graphics right, because if I press enter, there's disk activity.

Does anyone have any tips on how to patch the boot CD to initialize this card properly?

Hi iampivot.

Well, in fact you can fix this little issue on graphics later on Snow Leopard. If I were you I wouldn't bother with it right now, but you can take a look at post #1 from Gurujee where he explains what you need to fix this and how to do it. Take a accurate look there.

Remember to use verbose mode to boot so you can see why the Apple screen with the spinning circle keeps looping... you may be facing some error but you can't see what is that error.

EDIT

@Bloodiator.

Hi blood. Got good news for you. My sleep is working and I didn't made any change. Today's morning when I got to use my computer, I realized it went to sleep and tried to wake it by the mouse movement and didn't work so I pressed the power button on my CPU case and it woke the system up. :wacko:

As I wanted it to wake system up by the mouse, I went to the BIOS setup and enabled it to wake the system with a double click and worked. It's waking the system up by the mouse.

Cheers.

bb.

thanks alot dude I was able to get a little further (i think) now it hangs on:

DSMOS has arrived
Warning - com.apple.driver.InternalModemSupport declares no kernel dependencies; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitFor Service(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1459 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != CreateAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )"  failed in /SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 172 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1459 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != CreateAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )"  failed in /SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 172 goto Exit
AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Ethernet address 00:24:1d:83:63:d1
AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Ethernet address 00:1f:d0:81:bb:de

:poster_oops: are my flags incorrect?

Hi everyone!

I'm a totally newbie here, so, my apologises if I made any stupid question.

I've got a UD3LR mobo, and when I try to load the leopard Install cd with de bootDVD posted in this thread, it seems to load the install DVD correctly, but then I can't do anything...

I can se the mouse pointer (and move it), and the color wheel, but I have been waiting for about 15 minutes and it doesn't loads even the installation program wallpaper... I just can move the mouse on an grey wallpaper... The install GUI never starts...

What I am doing bad?

Sorry about my poor english, thnx!

Edit: When I boot with the bootcd used by the author of the trhead (not the 132DVD) it works perfectly, but in this way I haven't got the correct DSDT file for my mobo....