GA-EP45-UD3L Snow Leopard Install Guide v1.0 for Newbies

Gurujee

544 posts in this topic

Is anyone having problems with sleep. my comp will only go to sleep if i force it to sleep and wake up fine.. however if i just leave it then screensaver will com on, monitor will then turn off however the system will never sleep.

My SYSTEM

EP45-UD3L

Q9550

Zotac GTS250 1gb

4gb OCZ 1066 MEM

Is anyone having problems with sleep. my comp will only go to sleep if i force it to sleep and wake up fine.. however if i just leave it then screensaver will com on, monitor will then turn off however the system will never sleep.

My SYSTEM

EP45-UD3L

Q9550

Zotac GTS250 1gb

4gb OCZ 1066 MEM

Well jabbaranks, sleep is still a problem for many users.

As you reported, my system wakes up fine too after sleep but sometimes it sleeps by itself, sometimes not. Still about the sleep, sometimes when waking up my USB Bluetooth dongle turns into unavailable. It only get back to normal when I restart. But I believe till version 10.7 someone will come up with a solution. You can look after some threads where Master Chief tells a lot of modding DSDT fixes to make several things work like it should. :angry2:

Cheers.

bb.

re upload the boot CD i don't have a "premium rapid share account. Upload to mediafire.com

Hi borbos.

What's the deal about having or not a premium account in Rapid Share? I don't have one too and could download the file w/o a problem.

Well, I see no reason to upload the files into another host. :)

Cheers.

bb.

borbos: Sometimes aren't on the Rapidshare free slots for Free users. You must wait or pay Premium User account.

My problem with this Install Guide: I have the same MB, Bios version etc. as Gurujee, but I don't still boot from SL Retail DVD. The last what i see is:

"Kext com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X module stop pointer is outside of kext range (stop 0xffffff7f806a280d - kext at 0xffffff780b01000-0xffffff7f80b06000)..

Kext com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X can't unload - module stop returned 0xdc008007"

I used my original SL DVD and also one version from torrent -_-

Any help me ?

(Excuse my English :) )

borbos: Sometimes aren't on the Rapidshare free slots for Free users. You must wait or pay Premium User account.

My problem with this Install Guide: I have the same MB, Bios version etc. as Gurujee, but I don't still boot from SL Retail DVD. The last what i see is:

"Kext com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X module stop pointer is outside of kext range (stop 0xffffff7f806a280d - kext at 0xffffff780b01000-0xffffff7f80b06000)..

Kext com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X can't unload - module stop returned 0xdc008007"

I used my original SL DVD and also one version from torrent :)

Any help me ?

(Excuse my English :) )

Hi there.

What are the steps you are taking to install SL? Are you using the boot disk from first post or the one provided by verdant?

I assume that your BIOS settings is exactly like said in Gurujee´s first post.

This is the first time these error shows up here in the forum.

Cheers.

bb.

Yes, I use BootCD from the first post and BIOS setting too.

I boot from BootCD, remove CD, insert DVD SnowLeopard, press F5, wrote arch=i386 (in first time. Next time I tried "-v", "-v -x") and stil the same error as in my previous post.

Yes, I use BootCD from the first post and BIOS setting too.

I boot from BootCD, remove CD, insert DVD SnowLeopard, press F5, wrote arch=i386 (in first time. Next time I tried "-v", "-v -x") and stil the same error as in my previous post.

Did you try booting with "arch=1386 -v -f" and also with "-x32 -v -f".....?

Did you try booting with "arch=1386 -v -f" and also with "-x32 -v -f".....?

Yes, i tried...

But - my problem si solved. I used another guide (from Blackosx) and SnowLeopard almost fully working :D

(not working "Shut Down" - this function go to restart, but my soundcard Audigy, webcam, HD3870 working... :) )

I'm happy :-)

Yes, i tried...

But - my problem si solved. I used another guide (from Blackosx) and SnowLeopard almost fully working ;)

(not working "Shut Down" - this function go to restart, but my soundcard Audigy, webcam, HD3870 working... :) )

I'm happy :-)

Glad to hear that you have got it working......

Where did the problems lie.......I am interested because others have used my Boot132DVD successfully......?

Finally I have installed SL through my IDE DVD-ROM! I got the audio working through the DSDT and LegacyHDA.kext. It was a bit painful to do the DSDT comparing and editing, but I think my engineering background helped.

Anyway, so did anyone figure out the sleep issue? I read that it is possible to modify some kext to make SL recognize my Core2 Quad natively, can we do that through DSDT?

Where did the problems lie.......I am interested because others have used my Boot132DVD successfully......?

I dont know, where I have problem (Maybe GPU HD3870, maybe another else). I tried many "Boot132", but any don't working. This SL I installed from Leo 10.5.8.

Hey bb. thanks.

I'm running it so fast.

The only problems is my itunes always show me the disclaimer contract and I need to accept everytime when I open Itunes.

You're welcome mate.

I'm glad to help you in the way. That's what we're all here for. Helping each other.

About iTunes, try what was suggested by Blood.

Well, in fact I see that we had a lot of progress in posts this weekend. That's make me glad. :(

Another fact that makes me happy is to see that my estimated friend verdant with all his knowledge in OS X is helping people here in this topic too. He doesn't have an Intel mobo chipset based but when it comes to OS X, he is the Dr. House. Clap your hands to verdant everybody. :)

Gotta go by now.

Cheers.

bb.

Hello.

I've read your tutorial and have a question now.

Can I install the hackintosh on my motherboard GigaByte GA-EP45-UD3LR and CPU C2D E8500.

Thank you,

Roman

Well RomanN, the components you have mentioned allows you to install SL for sure, but you have to agree with me that you don't have only this parts, right? :ninja:

Post your specs here so we can provide you the info you need to install SL to your computer.

Mobo: GA-EP45-UD3LR

CPU: C2D E8500

RAM: (amount and type is nice)

GFX Card: ? Chipset, Model, Memory Amount.

OPTICAL DRIVES: IDE or SATA?

HDD: IDE or SATA?

This info is important for us, to help you more accurate and for you to know your hardware specs and know how to ask for help. Also extremely important to install SL is BIOS config. Check if your BIOS settings is equal to the config mentioned in post #1 by Gurujee.

Cheers.

bb.

Thank you for reply.

Here is my configuration:

MB: GigaByte GA-EP45-UD3LR (ATX, iP45+ICH10R, FSB 1600/ 1333/ 106

HDD: 1000GB WD (WD10EADS) SATA II, 7200, 32MB

RAM: DDR2 2Gb*2 Samsung PC800

DVD +/- RW LG GH-22NS50 SATA

GFX Card: GigaByte GF GTX 2600 896 PCle

It's a pity but I can't check my BIOS settings because I'm only going to buy this computer.

P.S. I don't decided exactly about GFX Card. Seems I'll choose some chipper one from same model.

Thanks.

Hi Verdant,

My problem, that I described in this post, solve new graphics card. I changed my old ATi HD3870 to new nVidia 9400GT and Boot132 from first post (from user Gurujee) working now.

(Excuse my English :angel: )

Hi Verdant,

My problem, that I described in this post, solve new graphics card. I changed my old ATi HD3870 to new nVidia 9400GT and Boot132 from first post (from user Gurujee) working now.

(Excuse my English :D )

So hopefully my Boot132DVD will work for you too......

Thank you for reply.

Here is my configuration:

MB: GigaByte GA-EP45-UD3LR (ATX, iP45+ICH10R, FSB 1600/ 1333/ 106

HDD: 1000GB WD (WD10EADS) SATA II, 7200, 32MB

RAM: DDR2 2Gb*2 Samsung PC800

DVD +/- RW LG GH-22NS50 SATA

GFX Card: GigaByte GF GTX 2600 896 PCle

It's a pity but I can't check my BIOS settings because I'm only going to buy this computer.

P.S. I don't decided exactly about GFX Card. Seems I'll choose some chipper one from same model.

Thanks.

Well mate, in this case you should look for an HCL on all the hardware you intend to buy. I don't feel comfortable to say that you can buy this or that and garantee you that will work. If you decide to buy this parts, when it comes to install SL we will try to help you, but I believe that anybody can assure you that this rig will work without problems. Sorry for that. ;)

It's up to you decide what to buy and we'll be glad to provide help. My advise? Do a little research, read some peoples signatures to see what is more in use and maybe ask them about their experience on installing SL into their specs.

Mine for example... is working pretty fine... but the files provided in first post didn't work for me as worked for Gurujee or many others here...

Cheers.

bb.

Hi Verdant,

(Excuse my English B) )

Hi 9z9.

Well, it's not the first case of an ATI HDXX70 not allowing to install SL into the machine. One friend of mine had same problem, but his ATI was HD4870 and he had to change his GFX to an nVidia too. What is strange is that I was reading a bit on Apple's site and they're working with this gfx in original macs.

Needs investigating on that issue. :)

Cheers.

bb.

For some reason, the install goes smoothely for me. But when the machine is restarting, it hangs at veryfying apci I think. Can someone please send me a suggestion on how to proceed?

Did you proceed as Gurujee says after the install? It's important to do what is told in first post.

Just install the SL won't allow you to boot in fact. It's necessary to do some changes for SL to work properly.

Take a look at first post to see if you followed all the steps. ;)

And when you can, post a pic of the problem to become easy to help.

Cheers.

bb.

Gurujee

I have SL running on

EP45-UD3l

GeForce 9800GT (1GiG memory DDR3) Zotac

SATA Baracuda 500GB drive - Seagate

Q9550 intel core 2 quad- 2.83 Ghtz

RAM- 2X2Gig DDR2 Ballistix - crucial

Thanks a million for your guide!!!!!!

I installed the boot loader and used the osx tools to get my video card running with a custom configuration.

I have no audio and have no idea how to install kexts or dst ...etc (ive gotten this far which is a miracle)

My internet worked right away.

My screen resolution is messed up. If I change it, I get a blue screen and have to reformat. (Unless you know a trick)

Im not sure what to do.

Thanks