[ PRE-INSTALL AUTOMATOR v1.1 ] for easily installing vanilla snow leo.

dj nitehawk

281 posts in this topic

looks like u figured it out urself... u gotta remove applintelpiixata.kext from both locations if ur machine gets KP regarding it or secondary ide channel...

and since ur machine doesnt have an HPET device, u gotta use nullcpupowermanagement.kext

that's it...

and the reason u have to boot in "ignore boot caches" mode is cos ur snow hasnt had a chance to rebuild the kext caches yet (after u deleted files from S/L/E)...

so as mentioned in the main post's tip #3, boot into snow with "ignore boot caches" mode and run those terminal commands and wait a few mins to let snow to rebuild caches... the next time u wont have to boot in ignore cache mode...

have u not found any kexts yet for sound/video?

what video/sound devices does u machine have? wanna post a screenshot from dpci manager?

Hi NightHawk, thanks so much for helping (everyone!!).

Well the first kext i tried to install using kexthelper was the

batterymeter one, but after installing this OSX would no longer boot

and just had a flickering screen at the start. After removing the kext

it still did this so I had to reinstall SL. :thumbsup_anim:( I am still not sure

how to properly install kexts!

So I reinstalled SL with your automater and just 3 lines in terminal

straight after the install to remove the dodgy kext and to also copy

over the nullpowermanagement kext to my new installation .... straight

in! Updated to 10.6.1 and now I am going to image this as I am such an

OSX noob.

What is not working?

Sound and video, but I have not tried to install them yet as : (used

to use nvinject)

a. I am not sure on the best process for installing kexts. (kext

helper or copy them somewhere manually?)

b. Got to find the right ones. (My 10.5.8 install kexts will not work??)

With regard to a screenshot from DCPI manager, if I use grab to take a

screenshot I just get a blank file open so I am not sure if this is

due to my video at the moment....

I resorted to taking some rubbish photos:

OSXImage.jpg

Sorry it is so big, bit the quality of the camera phone is so rubbish!

After removing the kext it still did this so I had to reinstall SL. :censored2: ( I am still not sure

how to properly install kexts!

Sound and video, but I have not tried to install them yet as : (used

to use nvinject)

a. I am not sure on the best process for installing kexts. (kext

helper or copy them somewhere manually?)

simply deleting a kext from /S/L/E wont work... cos the deleted kext is still inside the kext cache... after deleting kexts from /S/L/E always, use the following command in terminal and give it a few mins to rebuild caches... if u open up console app and switch to "all messages" it will show whats actually happening... or just let it sit for a few mins...

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

to install kexts to /S/L/E, just copy them over... ignore any error messages that pop up... and issue the following commands in terminal...

• sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions
  • sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions
  • sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/NAMEOFSNOWVOLUME
  • sudo touch /system/library/extensions

note: if ur messing with ur snow /S/L/E from within leo10.5, the kext caches will not get rebuilt... so after installing kexts to snow and repairing permissions from 10.5, u will have to boot into snow with the "ignore boot caches" or "-f" boot flag and then run the touch command from snow...

for ur sound, try installing the following:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=13834

it is said to have helped users with intel 82801h sound chip... install it from within snow...

for ur video, looks like an nvidia chip... try using ur old nvijnect.kext in /extra/extensions... if that doesnt work, find out what ur exact model is and use an EFI string in /extra/extensions/com.apple.boot.plist.... dont forget to set "GraphicsEnabler=No" if using injector or efi string...

good luck!!!

it says my ISP is blocking my traffic, but works just fine on my 10.5 side, any thoughts?

sorry no idea there... try looking for a patched kext for ur bcm wifi chip... u could even try using the 10.5 kext... not sure if that'll work though....

OpticalSound Out if I come from sleep, not verry bad.

if ur using voodoohda.kext for sound... run the following terminal commands to get sound back after waking up from sleep... i have the same prob...

sudo kextunload /system/library/extensions/voodoohda.kext

sudo kextload /system/library/extensions/voodoohda.kext

simply deleting a kext from /S/L/E wont work... cos the deleted kext is still inside the kext cache... after deleting kexts from /S/L/E always, use the following command in terminal and give it a few mins to rebuild caches... if u open up console app and switch to "all messages" it will show whats actually happening... or just let it sit for a few mins...

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

to install kexts to /S/L/E, just copy them over... ignore any error messages that pop up... and issue the following commands in terminal...

• sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions
  • sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions
  • sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/NAMEOFSNOWVOLUME
  • sudo touch /system/library/extensions

note: if ur messing with ur snow /S/L/E from within leo10.5, the kext caches will not get rebuilt... so after installing kexts to snow and repairing permissions from 10.5, u will have to boot into snow with the "ignore boot caches" or "-f" boot flag and then run the touch command from snow...

for ur sound, try installing the following:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=13834

it is said to have helped users with intel 82801h sound chip... install it from within snow...

for ur video, looks like an nvidia chip... try using ur old nvijnect.kext in /extra/extensions... if that doesnt work, find out what ur exact model is and use an EFI string in /extra/extensions/com.apple.boot.plist.... dont forget to set "GraphicsEnabler=No" if using injector or efi string...

good luck!!!

sorry no idea there... try looking for a patched kext for ur bcm wifi chip... u could even try using the 10.5 kext... not sure if that'll work though....

if ur using voodoohda.kext for sound... run the following terminal commands to get sound back after waking up from sleep... i have the same prob...

sudo kextunload /system/library/extensions/voodoohda.kext

sudo kextload /system/library/extensions/voodoohda.kext

Hey Dj or anyone else who knows? I have a question about my dg31pr because my 8600 gt nvidia isnt working quite right i can't get the resolution to become anything but 1024x768. Shouldn't chameleon know to use Nvinject, because i have it and geforce drivers along with a nvidia 8xxx and 7xxx kext that came with the software.

Should i get rid of one of those or get rid of the intel and ati drivers?

Hey Dj or anyone else who knows? I have a question about my dg31pr because my 8600 gt nvidia isnt working quite right i can't get the resolution to become anything but 1024x768. Shouldn't chameleon know to use Nvinject, because i have it and geforce drivers along with a nvidia 8xxx and 7xxx kext that came with the software.

Should i get rid of one of those or get rid of the intel and ati drivers?

tell me exactly which method are u using?

1. nvinject?

2. chameleons GraphicsEnabler?

3. efi string?

4. custom kext?

u should only use one method... for ex: if using cham's GraphicsEnabler, all the other methods should be removed...

if cham's GE doesnt work for ur 8600, set it to "No" in /extra/com.apple.boot.plist and add an EFI string using EFI studio, osx86tools or uinstaller...

for my 8500gt 512mb card, EFI string from EFI studio and/or cham's GE works out of the box... but ive never had OOB success with nvinject...

suggestion: EFI string method is the most successful method ive seen to date for nvidia 8xxx series cards...

Nighthawk,

Can I just say a MASSIVE thank you for all your help.

I now have Snow Leopard, with video, sound, trackpad, card reader, USB, Bluetooth, Battery Meter, network and so on... This is great!!!

Can I ask a final question then leave you alone?

I booted into the installer again and highlighted this drive (SnowLeopard) then clicked new image and made a DMG of this HDD. Does this mean that if I screw this OSX up I can boot back into the installer and restore the image to the drive and be back where I was????

If so then I think I am all set to role!!!!

almost there...

i have a DG33FB Intel and Kalyway 10.5.8 works perfectly.

this now probably 13th guide i try and with this one it's almost there :o

No KP (!!! this one is new !!! ) , but boot freezes

Waiting for DSMOS...

systemShutdown false

and the some more ....

If i push powerbutton

"Sleep prevented by SB1, SS 0, AS1

I have Vista x64 on rdisk0 (i know, shame on me) and OSX_Main as rdisk1s1 and OSX_10.6 where to install as rdisk1s2. I installe Chameleon from you packet, but - of cource - to OSX_Main because it's default boot device.

Your set 5 and 7 is the one i think i made wrong, i cant boot on my USB when it's on a restore from Install DVD ? I think i made your script install everything on OSX_10.6 straight.... By this you mean that should FIRST run script to USB (where restore dmg is) and then boot to that, then run it to where ever i want to install Snow ?

and btw ; i have MBR all HDD's - is that ok ?

Sorry to bother you, as you see you must paint it red before n00bs like me understand.

Kari

Am back DJ NITEHAWK!

Well i have tried a lot to find SOUND kext. And finally this works for me , Now i have Speakers and Mic working great.

http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/list

But now i have another problem after doing this, my trackpad stopped working, it was working before installing voodoo. I will try to figure it out later.

Now my DVD drive is not recognized by SL. It doesn't show any icon for it in disk utility, when i put any DVD, CD, nothing happens. Here below is my DVD hardware details, any hope to work it ??? I have tried your supplied patched, but nothing worked.

TSST TS-L632H slim 8x DVD+/-RW, v.DW10, A07

One quick question: How to know that my SL is 32 or 64 ?

Hi, and thanks for the very cool script!

The install all when 100% on 1st boot had to disable the DSDT file (DSDT=nothing.aml) else I got a KP. I now have a problem with the trackpad! It will not work at all??, I have the pen which works. So far I have not added any extra kexts.

In Leo, I got sound,graphics (full support) ,Wlan(replaced onboard intel) pen(100%),bluetooth,finger print reader and card reader all working... but never shutdown or sleep!

If anyone can help on the trackpad would be great, also I have never got this system to shutdown all the way with OSX (Leo or SL) is this to do with the DSDT

Any help guys

thanks

**UPDATE**

I got the trackpad working by installing VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Also just added sound, but I know that would be fine.

Still need help with shutdown tho! :-)

Thanks

Hi, and thanks for the very cool script!

The install all when 100% on 1st boot had to disable the DSTD files else I got a KP. I now have a problem with the trackpad!

In Leo, I got sound,graphics (FULL SUPPORT) ,Wlan(replaced on intel) pen(100%),bluetooth,finger print reader and card reader all working... but never shutdown or sleep!

Anyone help on the trackpad would be great, also I have never got this system to shutdown all the way with OSX (Leo or SL)

Any help guys

thanks

We both have same problems, any solution, community ? :)

We both have same problems, any solution, community ? :unsure:

Ok, i have found this for trackpad solution, but didn't try yet. Will try it later. Son_of_mol, if it works for you, let me know.

Good Luck

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;showentry=579

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;mode=threaded

We both have same problems, any solution, community ? :)

Ok, i have found this for trackpad solution, but didn't try yet. Will try it later. Son_of_mol, if it works for you, let me know.

Good Luck

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;showentry=579

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;mode=threaded

Ahh, sorry did not see your post, I have fixed the problem with trackpad by installing VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

I have not been to the links yet, might be the same way.. Will check it out! Thanks..

Anyone got any clues with the shutdown??

Thanks guys

tell me exactly which method are u using?

1. nvinject?

2. chameleons GraphicsEnabler?

3. efi string?

4. custom kext?

u should only use one method... for ex: if using cham's GraphicsEnabler, all the other methods should be removed...

if cham's GE doesnt work for ur 8600, set it to "No" in /extra/com.apple.boot.plist and add an EFI string using EFI studio, osx86tools or uinstaller...

for my 8500gt 512mb card, EFI string from EFI studio and/or cham's GE works out of the box... but ive never had OOB success with nvinject...

suggestion: EFI string method is the most successful method ive seen to date for nvidia 8xxx series cards...

I am having absolutely no luck at all! I can't get it to work so I have a picture of what it looks like in system profiler on snow leopard!

Can you please help me? Anyone?

post-394014-1253840149_thumb.jpg

Hi

First just wanted to say I thank you for putting together the Automator.

But that brings me to my issue.

I follow the instructions including tweaking my bios from the tips area.

I have tried adding extra kexts for jmicron ata and for nvidia 8600gt and tried it with just the basic kexts included in the original zip file.

I run through and restore the retail Snow Leopard to a USB Flash 16gb drive then run the snow-installer install script giving it the proper location and it seems to finish fine. I pull the Snowinstaller folder over to the flash drive where the Snow install is.

I reboot and give it the Kingston flash drive as the boot drive. It starts and goes through Cham and then goes to a blank screen. I have waited for an hour thinking it might just be churning before bringing up the install. Unfortunately not it just sits on the blank black screen.

I have an Intel 965G board with a Nvidia 8600gt which worked fine with Iatkos7 install soo.

Was hoping y'all could give this girl some ideas as to what to do next to try to get past the blank screen and into the installer so I can see if I can complete the Snow Leopard install.

Thank you once again Nitehawk for the script and the work though even if it doesnt totally work.

The board I am installing it to is an Asus P5B-Vm board which with the Intel 965G chipset and such has worked famously with other Distros although I would love to have it work with Snow Leopard and a Vanilla install.

Cheers

Ashley the perplexed Dance Club girl :thumbsup_anim:

I am having absolutely no luck at all! I can't get it to work so I have a picture of what it looks like in system profiler on snow leopard!

Can you please help me? Anyone?

ok here's something funny... have a look at my info from system profiler > display:

GeForce 8500 GT:

Chipset Model: GeForce 8500 GT

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0421

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: xx.xx.xx - internal

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 75 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

do u see how ur ven/device/rev id's are an exact match to mine... and my card is 8500gt 512mb...

how is it possible that 8600 and 8500 both have the same ids???

anyways, looks like ur still using nvinject and or an incorrect efi string... hence the 32mb vram...

try this:

1. remove all efi strings from /extra/com.apple.boot.plist

2. remve all nvinject, nvkush, etc and any other graphics kexts u have added (if u have added any to /S/L/E, make sure u rebuild kext caches too)

2. set "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" in /extra/com.apple.boot.plist

3. reboot machine

4. interrupt chameleon at boot and type "-v Wait=Yes" and press enter...

5. take a picture of what chameleon shows or write it down and post here so i can have a look

u c since our device ids match, there's no way that chameleon's GraphicsEnabler shouldnt work on ur system... it must be something u've added/done...

does ur hdd have more than one osx installation? if so, u gotta run my script for each snow installation/partition on ur drive... or chameleon wont load the dsdt and kexts properly...

for example say:

disk1s1 = leo 10.5

disk1s2 = snow1

disk1s3 = snow2

say u've only ran my script on disk1s2 and when u try to boot into snow2 (which u didnt run my script on), it will not load properly... i think chameleon only loads kexts/boot.plist/dsdt.aml from the actual partition u tell it to boot from... since they dont exist in disk1s3, it wont boot properly... at least that has been the experience for me...

if nothing else work, tell me how much vram and what ports u got... and ill send u an efi string to try...

i for ex have:

nvidia 8500gt

512mb

DVI/VGA

Ahh, sorry did not see your post, I have fixed the problem with trackpad by installing VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

I have not been to the links yet, might be the same way.. Will check it out! Thanks..

Anyone got any clues with the shutdown??

Thanks guys

shutdown is crapping out cos ur not loading dsdt.aml...

why did u skip the dsdt.aml? is it cos u've prepared ur usb/installer on a different machine???

what was the KP about when not skipping the dsdt.aml???

u could try creating a new dsdt.aml with fassl's patcher and placing it in ur "SL/extra/" and see if u can boot without skipping it...

if it doesnt work... take a picture of the KP and also attach the dsdt.aml file from ur "SL/extra/dsdt.aml"

also mention what ur hardware config is...

almost there...

i have a DG33FB Intel and Kalyway 10.5.8 works perfectly.

this now probably 13th guide i try and with this one it's almost there :)

No KP (!!! this one is new !!! ) , but boot freezes

Waiting for DSMOS...

systemShutdown false

and the some more ....

If i push powerbutton

"Sleep prevented by SB1, SS 0, AS1

I have Vista x64 on rdisk0 (i know, shame on me) and OSX_Main as rdisk1s1 and OSX_10.6 where to install as rdisk1s2. I installe Chameleon from you packet, but - of cource - to OSX_Main because it's default boot device.

Your set 5 and 7 is the one i think i made wrong, i cant boot on my USB when it's on a restore from Install DVD ? I think i made your script install everything on OSX_10.6 straight.... By this you mean that should FIRST run script to USB (where restore dmg is) and then boot to that, then run it to where ever i want to install Snow ?

and btw ; i have MBR all HDD's - is that ok ?

Sorry to bother you, as you see you must paint it red before n00bs like me understand.

Kari

first thing... the retail snow installer dvd will not let you install snow leo to MBR disks... it has to be partitioned with GUID...

u and i both have the same mobo and snow works fine on dg33fb... what is ur graphics card???

to partition with GUID u will have to wipe ur disk1 clean... (if it is currently MBR)... so will lose ur leo... but i dont recommend that... cos if something goes wrong, u will have no leo to play with...

if there's free space on ur USB drive, u can create another partition on that for Snow_10.6 to test everything before wiping ur rdisk1...

so to summarize:

1. restore install dvd to USB

2. run the script and make USB bootable

3. boot with USB

4. run the script (from usb installer terminal) to make ur target disk/partition bootable

5. install snow to target disk/partition

lemme know if u have any more questions...

made a DMG of this HDD. Does this mean that if I screw this OSX up I can boot back into the installer and restore the image to the drive and be back where I was????

yep... theoretically...

havent tried that personally... why dont u test and enlighten us? :-)

I have tried adding extra kexts for jmicron ata and for nvidia 8600gt and tried it with just the basic kexts included in the original zip file.

I have waited for an hour thinking it might just be churning before bringing up the install.

what kext did u add for 8600gt??? i think this maybe the problem...

if u added something like nvinject, u have to first edit "snow-installer/filez/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and change "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to "GraphicsEnabler=No"

also make sure that you have made ur nvidia card the primary display device in ur bios... and disable the onboard x3100 graphics...

im assuming there's some sort of conflict between graphics kexts/devices...

You and I actually have the same configuration and I was wrong.

So can you help me?

I only installed chameleon on one volume while I have snow leopard and 10.5 on the same HD but in different partitions.

So what do u reccomend?

boot into the installer/usb and run the script and choose ur snow partition as the target...

or u can run it from leo10.5...

running it from within snow will not work as the source and destination would be the same and it will {censored} out...

after making ur snow partition bootable with my script, if u find u cant boot back into leo10.5, run the script on that partition too...

or maybe the universe is tellin u 2 let go of leo 10.5 :-)

is ur dvd sata or ide?

did u delete the /s/l/e/ioatafamily.kext?

after doing what exactly, did ur dvd disappear?

dvd is IDE.

I didn't delete any IOATAFAMILY.kext (just replaced kext in this somekind of APPLEINTEL, forgot its long name)

I have not been seeing my DVD drive since SL installation. One thing, before installation, i didn't change my bios settings ATA to AHCI. And my SL is running on External 160GB 2.0 USB hard drive.

One question, If i will install SL on my laptop's internal HDD, then do i need to change BIOS settings ATA to AHCI, or it will work fine as it is doing now.?

dvd is IDE.

I didn't delete any IOATAFAMILY.kext (just replaced kext in this somekind of APPLEINTEL, forgot its long name)

I have not been seeing my DVD drive since SL installation. One thing, before installation, i didn't change my bios settings ATA to AHCI. And my SL is running on External 160GB 2.0 USB hard drive.

One question, If i will install SL on my laptop's internal HDD, then do i need to change BIOS settings ATA to AHCI, or it will work fine as it is doing now.?

if ahci is available, use it by all means... cos that's what SL recommends and uses out of the box...

try doing this:

boot into ur SL... delete the file "/system/library/extensions/ioatafamily.kext/content/plugins/appleintelpiixata.kext"

get the patched kext and place it in "/Extra/Extensions"

rebuild boot cache by running the following terminal command:

sudo touch /system/library/extensions

wait for 5 mins...

reboot...

now ur dvd drive should be there... (if the bios settings are correct)

if it's still not visible... try changin bios settings...

if it's still not there... i have no idea what else to try... sorry...

post a screenshot of lspci or dpci manager so i can see what kind of ide controller ur machine has...

if its not an intel ide controller, we have to find the appropriate kext for it... i think... dunno....................

first thing... the retail snow installer dvd will not let you install snow leo to MBR disks... it has to be partitioned with GUID...

u and i both have the same mobo and snow works fine on dg33fb... what is ur graphics card???

to partition with GUID u will have to wipe ur disk1 clean... (if it is currently MBR)... so will lose ur leo... but i dont recommend that... cos if something goes wrong, u will have no leo to play with...

if there's free space on ur USB drive, u can create another partition on that for Snow_10.6 to test everything before wiping ur rdisk1...

so to summarize:

1. restore install dvd to USB

2. run the script and make USB bootable

3. boot with USB

4. run the script (from usb installer terminal) to make ur target disk/partition bootable

5. install snow to target disk/partition

lemme know if u have any more questions...

yep... theoretically...

havent tried that personally... why dont u test and enlighten us? :-)

what kext did u add for 8600gt??? i think this maybe the problem...

if u added something like nvinject, u have to first edit "snow-installer/filez/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and change "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to "GraphicsEnabler=No"

also make sure that you have made ur nvidia card the primary display device in ur bios... and disable the onboard x3100 graphics...

im assuming there's some sort of conflict between graphics kexts/devices...

boot into the installer/usb and run the script and choose ur snow partition as the target...

or u can run it from leo10.5...

running it from within snow will not work as the source and destination would be the same and it will {censored} out...

after making ur snow partition bootable with my script, if u find u cant boot back into leo10.5, run the script on that partition too...

or maybe the universe is tellin u 2 let go of leo 10.5 :-)

Well let me tell you I want to lose Leopard but I want Snow Leopard working 100% before I let it go!

And also if I accidentally installed the script twice will it {censored} out?

---> i downloaded mbr package for OSInstall.mpkg and replaced the old one on my USB.

---> nVIdia Geforce 8800GT PCIE 512MB 256-BIT GDDR3

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0611

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

Acer V233H:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

L204WT:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Quartz Extreme: Supported

-------------------------

will try again... i just restored my Hck to original state.

EDIT 1:

Made USB bootable and now im restoring my 10.5.8's back to GUID. Graphics is not the problem, because i have now (when i booted from USB) dual screens working nicely :)

Will come back in 20mins to tell you how it went..

EDIT 2:

-_- managed to screw it up.... restoring again and trying. I will come back on this when i'm ready .

Kari

Well let me tell you I want to lose Leopard but I want Snow Leopard working 100% before I let it go!

And also if I accidentally installed the script twice will it {censored} out?

no it shouldnt {censored} out... it will not delete any files... it will overwrite the existing ones at the destination...

:unsure:

post-335483-1253893812_thumb.png

post-335483-1253893410_thumb.png

Well ..... what can i say ???

Thanks to dj nitehawk, IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORKS.

Audio ok, ETH ok, USB and PS2 works... i have no idea if this is 32bit or 64bit and i had to boot it with usb stick, because of that Vista x64 haunting on my rdisk0 (Easybcd gives out two options ; Vista and OSX) and now OSX is GUID so i get "Boot Chain Error" after Vista's bootloader.

But who needs Vista now ?

Many thank's to all who helped ... my rig is :

Intel DG33FB (all SATA is IHC9 AHCI)

Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz

4 GB DDR2 667

nVidia Geforce 8800GT 512MB

Seagate Barracuda 500GB (sata0)

Western Digital 250GB (sata1)

Western Digital 1TB (sata4)

Optiarc AD-5170A (ide) DVD

LG GH22NS30 (sata5) DVD

Kari

EDIT :

Editing Kernel Flags /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist to

-v arc=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

makes it boot on 64!

but no sound and eth then..... any help on this ???

:hysterical:

post-335483-1253893812_thumb.png

post-335483-1253893410_thumb.png

Well ..... what can i say ???

Thanks to dj nitehawk, IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORKS.

Audio ok, ETH ok, USB and PS2 works... i have no idea if this is 32bit or 64bit and i had to boot it with usb stick, because of that Vista x64 haunting on my rdisk0 (Easybcd gives out two options ; Vista and OSX) and now OSX is GUID so i get "Boot Chain Error" after Vista's bootloader.

But who needs Vista now ?

Many thank's to all who helped ... my rig is :

Intel DG33FB (all SATA is IHC9 AHCI)

Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz

4 GB DDR2 667

nVidia Geforce 8800GT 512MB

Seagate Barracuda 500GB (sata0)

Western Digital 250GB (sata1)

Western Digital 1TB (sata4)

Optiarc AD-5170A (ide) DVD

LG GH22NS30 (sata5) DVD

Kari

EDIT :

Editing Kernel Flags /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist to

-v arc=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

makes it boot on 64!

modified kexts from (kexts.com ? is it ok to put this here ?) Intel82566MM and VoodooHDA work perfectly .... Kernel now 64 !!! Just making Timemachine backup on Snow 10.6.1 !!!

Hi!

I'm pretty new to MAC OS X and i'm trying to install the 10.6 snow leopard trough 10.5 (which is kalyways edition with kernels for my Motherboard asus p5w dh deluxe). I read your guide numerous of time, but i can't seem to find the .kext file which enables my wirelees/usb keyboard & mouse. Because of that i can't move mouse or use keyboard in setup when it loads the set up for MAC 10.6.0...

Here is the link to the picture with .kexts i included into snow-installer and then use it (all kernels also appear on the usb thumb drive): http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/140/picture1ba.png

Some of those kernels (that i forgot to pre-add into the snow-installer i added them manually to the USB snow-installer map and the Extra/Extension map (did i need to enter some command into the terminal after i moved them?)

Sorrz for poor english, and big thanks for any help....

Hi!

I'm pretty new to MAC OS X and i'm trying to install the 10.6 snow leopard trough 10.5 (which is kalyways edition with kernels for my Motherboard asus p5w dh deluxe). I read your guide numerous of time, but i can't seem to find the .kext file which enables my wirelees/usb keyboard & mouse. Because of that i can't move mouse or use keyboard in setup when it loads the set up for MAC 10.6.0...

Here is the link to the picture with .kexts i included into snow-installer and then use it (all kernels also appear on the usb thumb drive): http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/140/picture1ba.png

Some of those kernels (that i forgot to pre-add into the snow-installer i added them manually to the USB snow-installer map and the Extra/Extension map (did i need to enter some command into the terminal after i moved them?)

Sorrz for poor english, and big thanks for any help....

i think u have added some unneeded kexts...

download dpci manager and post a screen shot of the devices on u machine...

also mention what ur hardware config is... cpu, hdd type, graphics card, wireless make/model, etc...

in the meantime, try without the following kexts: (remove/delete them)

appleacpips2nub.kext

voodoops2controller.kext

iousbfamily.kext

iousbmasstorageclass.kext

the first two ps2 kexts arent needd if u dont have any ps2 mouse, kb etc...

the second two arent really needed... maybe that's the cause of ur usb mouse/kb disappearing... why did u add those usb kexts?