[ PRE-INSTALL AUTOMATOR v1.1 ] for easily installing vanilla snow leo.

dj nitehawk

281 posts in this topic

wow very fast reply hehe...

Ok i'll try and delete those kexts you said and install again in the meantime im adding you screenshoot from dcpi manager:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/104/picture2ac.png

Also to tell you i added the last two files because the mouse & keyboard didn't work ( i hoped later it will - it was customly added to the usb thumb)... the first two i don't know how they got in there ( i think those were there from the start ) - ill try to delete it and see what happens.

My CPU is intel q6600 b3 revision (quad core) OC 3.0ghz (from 2.4ghz), the graphic card is 8800gts (640Mb - old version), wifi is the internal from the motherboard specifications of motherboard elements (what is inside) are here: http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view....d=6&id=1958 + have 5 gigs of 800Mhz RAM - GEILL 2x2GB + 1GB...

the bios version is the latest ( i think its 2091 or something ). About the HDD i have 7200rpm - 32MB cache, but i forgot it's name/version - where can i check it?

Also to mention i'm having dual boot with windows vista - 1 HDD, 3 partitions - 2 are NTFS (C,D) and 1 is MAC OS HDD (journaled).

Just need to get used to mac os x 10.6 and check if everything works fine before i format the whole HDD and move all files to MAC :).

-------

Edit:

Tried w/o extra kernels, still the same problem persists... any ideas? fakesmc.kext & OpenhaltRestart.kext - these were inside the /extra/extensions folder in snow-installer before i run installnow script...

wow very fast reply hehe...

Ok i'll try and delete those kexts you said and install again in the meantime im adding you screenshoot from dcpi manager:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/104/picture2ac.png

Also to tell you i added the last two files because the mouse & keyboard didn't work ( i hoped later it will - it was customly added to the usb thumb)... the first two i don't know how they got in there ( i think those were there from the start ) - ill try to delete it and see what happens.

My CPU is intel q6600 b3 revision (quad core) OC 3.0ghz (from 2.4ghz), the graphic card is 8800gts (640Mb - old version), wifi is the internal from the motherboard specifications of motherboard elements (what is inside) are here: http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view....d=6&id=1958 + have 5 gigs of 800Mhz RAM - GEILL 2x2GB + 1GB...

the bios version is the latest ( i think its 2091 or something ). About the HDD i have 7200rpm - 32MB cache, but i forgot it's name/version - where can i check it?

Also to mention i'm having dual boot with windows vista - 1 HDD, 3 partitions - 2 are NTFS (C,D) and 1 is MAC OS HDD (journaled).

Just need to get used to mac os x 10.6 and check if everything works fine before i format the whole HDD and move all files to MAC :lol: .

-------

Edit:

Tried w/o extra kernels, still the same problem persists... any ideas? fakesmc.kext & OpenhaltRestart.kext - these were inside the /extra/extensions folder in snow-installer before i run installnow script...

set ur bios like this:

http://p5w-dh-deluxe-osx86.wikidot.com/bios-settings

also try this kext to solve the usb issue:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...post&id=449

boot with the following boot flags:

-v -f arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

for testing snow leo, make a new partition on ur USB if there's space... cos if ur internal hdd is MBR, the retail snow installer wont let u install to it... it only supports GUID partitioned drives out-of-the-box...

djnitehawk...

hehe ran into that problem you posted above, and ruined my boot file for Win (fixed that later)...

My USB has only approx 8GB of space (bought it just for this reason to install the MAC OS X 10.6 ) - will get another HDD just to test it.

Btw that .kext you added up there solved my mouse/keyboard problem (it wasn't bios settings fault).

If i get another Hard Disk, do i need to install 10.5 onto that HDD, and do the whole process again to get that unique dsdt.am file, so that snow leopard will work?

Also im wondering if i decide to go to Mac (since winVista dissapoints me almost every day) - are there big troubles with the updates?

I know if i update kalyway i can't login into mac anymore (without workarounds) but here, using the original OS without modifications (just "addons" kindah) - there shouldn't be any probs?

Sorry for little offtopic...

Thanks for all the help :)

If i get another Hard Disk, do i need to install 10.5 onto that HDD, and do the whole process again to get that unique dsdt.am file, so that snow leopard will work?

are there big troubles with the updates?

no u dont need to install 10.5 onto ur new hdd... just format it with GUID and use use USB snow installer to install SL to it...

no probs with updates have been reported so far with this vanilla snow install method...

Hello friend,

I' am here again. Well, i have installed SL on my INSPIRON 1520, and its working for me nicely, although dvd writer is working, i will come back to this after installing SL in laptop's internal HDD.

Here is new issue with my another laptop TOSHIBA SATELLITE A100 - ofh

When i boot from usb drive. i get this kernal penic. What problem could be this ?

toshiba.jpg

This is not a problem for this installer script, i guess ...

after a while, some applications stop to respond ?

Anyone have this same ?

I use "-v arc=x86_64 Graphcs Enabler=Yes" at com.apple.boot.plist and it's starting up as 64Bit.

Kari

This is not a problem for this installer script, i guess ...

after a while, some applications stop to respond ?

Anyone have this same ?

I use "-v arc=x86_64 Graphcs Enabler=Yes" at com.apple.boot.plist and it's starting up as 64Bit.

Kari

switch to 32bit... much more stable than 64bit :unsure:

btw GraphicsEnabler is one word... not two...

no it shouldnt {censored} out... it will not delete any files... it will overwrite the existing ones at the destination...

I have not gotten my graphics to work right and i have done everything you said!

So here it is I have 3 ports VGA/VID OUT(looks like a S-video port)/DVI and I have 512 VRAM.

Hello friend,

I' am here again. Well, i have installed SL on my INSPIRON 1520, and its working for me nicely, although dvd writer is working, i will come back to this after installing SL in laptop's internal HDD.

Here is new issue with my another laptop TOSHIBA SATELLITE A100 - ofh

When i boot from usb drive. i get this kernal penic. What problem could be this ?

toshiba.jpg

No Solutions ??????

Hi Nitehawk

Thank you for the answer since I know your doing this project out of the good of your heart and time to help people.

Actually since i posted the problem where it would get through Chameleon and load the drivers then go dark screen although there is still output to the monitor I tried just using the default Kexts that you provided in your Zip file and it still doesnt get past that screen into the installer?

Is it possible that it works better off of a USB drive and not a thumb drive? Although this does seem graphics related in many ways.

I have tried shutting off the internal graphics though and it still has that problem. I havent tried switching from a DVI straight through though to a DVI to VGA port on my LCD monitor and maybe that might be an issue.

Its an Asus P5B-vm board with the Intel G965 chipset and the Jmicron Ata situation.

I am pretty sure you have it right though that its a graphics kext problem.

If you have any other suggestions the graphics on the board and computer I am using has this Device ID

nVidia GeForce 8600 GT:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 8600 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x1

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0402

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: 0x

Displays:

HP w2207:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Thanks once again for helping me out and I appreciate so much what everyone else does on this board since its an invaluable resource. I just wish I was more savy on the Unix side of things to help out others here although if anyone wants to know how to get a Toshiba Sattelite u205 working on OSX I can provide that!!! B) Cheers and off to the dance club to bartend again.

Have a good afternoon or evening,

Ashley Kenyon

Hi Nitehawk

Thank you for the answer since I know your doing this project out of the good of your heart and time to help people.

Actually since i posted the problem where it would get through Chameleon and load the drivers then go dark screen although there is still output to the monitor I tried just using the default Kexts that you provided in your Zip file and it still doesnt get past that screen into the installer?

Is it possible that it works better off of a USB drive and not a thumb drive? Although this does seem graphics related in many ways.

I have tried shutting off the internal graphics though and it still has that problem. I havent tried switching from a DVI straight through though to a DVI to VGA port on my LCD monitor and maybe that might be an issue.

Its an Asus P5B-vm board with the Intel G965 chipset and the Jmicron Ata situation.

I am pretty sure you have it right though that its a graphics kext problem.

If you have any other suggestions the graphics on the board and computer I am using has this Device ID

nVidia GeForce 8600 GT:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 8600 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x1

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0402

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: 0x

Displays:

HP w2207:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Thanks once again for helping me out and I appreciate so much what everyone else does on this board since its an invaluable resource. I just wish I was more savy on the Unix side of things to help out others here although if anyone wants to know how to get a Toshiba Sattelite u205 working on OSX I can provide that!!! :( Cheers and off to the dance club to bartend again.

Have a good afternoon or evening,

Ashley Kenyon

Hi surfgurl, Can you provide me the details how to get a toshiba sattelite u205 working ? I need it, may be my toshiba sattelite laptop could work, i stuck on installation boot screen, it does nothing, don't know what to do ? Please help. Thanks.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

im sorry to say that i no longer have the time necessary to help everyone individually through their problems...

i think we've already solved (more than once) most of the common problems that people encounter when using this script...

from now on i am only going to answer questions that i already know the answer to, as i just dont have the time to go hunt around for information...

a word of advise for newbies:

dont even think about installing snow leo on laptops, if this is ur first time doing a vanilla install... it will be a slow and painful death... but hey dont let that deter u from tryin :-)

for desktops, make sure you have hardware from the past 1-2 years... for ex: intel core cpu, mobo with hpet, ahci sata controller, acpi2, a recent nvidia graphics card, sata hdd, sata dvd, etc...

and always remember: GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND :-)

good luck everyone!!!

I have not gotten my graphics to work right and i have done everything you said!

So here it is I have 3 ports VGA/VID OUT(looks like a S-video port)/DVI and I have 512 VRAM.

looks like u have a non-standard 3 port nvidia card... u will have to look for a working solution that works with ur 3 port card... i dont think even efi studio makes EFI strings for 3 port cards...

try some injectors like corevidia, nvinject, nvenabler, etc... go look in the hardware/graphics sub forum here on insanely...

it still doesnt get past that screen into the installer?

Is it possible that it works better off of a USB drive and not a thumb drive?

i dont think a thumb drive instead of a usb drive would make any difference...

try booting with the following boot flags:

-v -f arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No

u should look at a guide written for ur mobo and see what graphics kext/method they use and try to use that...

sorry i cant be of anymore help, as i dont have any more suggestions...

Well let me tell you I want to lose Leopard but I want Snow Leopard working 100% before I let it go!

And also if I accidentally installed the script twice will it {censored} out?

Dj nite,

could you tell me with your script how to put my efi string into your script for my graphics card? Do I just clear everything including the graphics enabler or what because so far nothing has worked and people say to put the efi string in!

I am so confused cause on my 10.5 partition it loads nvinject just fine but snow leopard won't load one kext! Even if I have multiple kexts in the 10.5 installation!

Plz help!!!

@DJ Nitehawk - Just wanted to say thanks, it worked perfectly for me.

Although the SL install says it fails to install it does work perfectly.

@Prabhjeet Singh - that's not a kernel panic. It just stopped loading at that point, not sure on how to fix it though.

could you tell me with your script how to put my efi string into your script for my graphics card?

edit "snow-installer/filez/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and make it look like this and rerun the script:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v arch=x86 GraphicsEnabler=No</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</string>

</dict>

</plist>

replace xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with efi string for ur g.card...

then after running it, make sure that the boot plist file in "/extra" looks like the above...

after restart, u should have working graphics... if it didnt, the efi string was incorrect for ur card... try another one...

or remove the following bit and add an injector kext to /extra/extentions:

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</string>

@Prabhjeet Singh - that's not a kernel panic. It just stopped loading at that point, not sure on how to fix it though.

Thanks ludacrisvp for this clarification. I was thinking same. I have old iatkos v1.0r2 dvd, i installed that and it installed on that laptop perfectly with darwin bootloader. But when i restart to boot after installation, it shows nothing else than a blinking cursor on blank screen. I tried to boot it from my external drive, where my SL working(chameleon boot loader), i selected my Leo drive from there, but no luck again.

Now i am downloading iatkos v7 to install on this. I hope it will work.

I just followed your guide but it doesnt boot. It Just stucks at

Loading HFS+ file: [mach_kernel] from 42346f0.[

Loading HFS+ file: [mach_kernel] from 42346f0./code]

After that only a blinking underscore.

Whats wrong ? Bootloader wants to load a wrong partition?

Thanks, Paddy

Hi people,

I am gona explode.. I try all night to install SL and it just wont do. I use script and delete ioata kext from extensions but it just wont see my hdd when i try to install. I set up hdd as ahci in bios and evry settings (hpet, s3, acpi) are set up.

I dont know what could be the problem.

Please help.....

hi, your script looks great. However, when I try to startup osx to install it, I get some an error stating

bootcachecontrol could not unlink var db bootcache.playlist : read only file system (or somthing like that)

I assume that this is what the appledycrypt,ktext fixed but Fakesmc.ktext does this also right?

Also, if you add ktexts, I know you need to change the permissions but do you also have to make a new mktext? As you might be able to tell, I am a newbie in this subject.

Thanks for any help

Ok this is really pissing me off! It doesn't work at all nothing will make the computer load a kext it justs says no kext loaded!

I need help on this one! I tried arch=i386 but it doesn't help either! When i boot in verbose mode it doesn't help!

I am so confused because even though there is a NVinject that it won't load it!

So do i need to use kext utility to install it again? Or what should I do! This really bothers me and im not giving up by deleting leopard 10.5.2 untill damn snow LEOPARD WORKS!!!

NEVERMIND DJ I GOT IT!

Ok so all you people that have graphics problems get Natit preferablly Silent Natit form this link:

http://cid-8b65993ef55cf014.skydrive.live....ext.x86^_64.zip

This is great for Nvidia Graphic Users!!!

However I need help with getting 3d acceleration for world of warcraft to work or Warcraft 3 can't open gl!

Any suggestions!!!

DJ I need your help!!!

I can't find anywhere how to get my dg31pr to work with wow and other games like warcraft! They say the same thing either can't open gl or can't open 3d acceleration!

PLZ HELP!

P.S. I DON'T GOT IT! :( :censored2: :)

why i always got Kernel Panic...

i've installed Leopard 10.5.8 on this mobo ( Intel DG31PR ) but never succed with Snow Leopard.. is it BIOS version matters ?

shouldn't but ur drive configuration might! Cause that's what happened to mine.

my drive configuration ?

hmm.. i have 2 drive... all Sata, 1st 320 GB WD and 2nd 500 GB samsung, my Leopard installed on samsung.. oh ya.. samsung has 2 partitons...

what configuration i must have ?

Thats not what I am talking about. In your BIOS you need to make sure these settings are correct.

This has nothing to do with your HD's physically like samsung or WD. Doesn't matter.

Here are some pics that you need to look at their settings not all boards look like this but their are similarities that you need to make sure are correct.

http://lifehacker.com/photogallery/BIOS/1000560425

On this picture you need to make sure it says AHCI enabled!

http://www.m-p-c.com/OSX/BIOS_4.JPG

This is what your HD's should look like except theses are slightly different drives. But the enable in white is important.

http://www.m-p-c.com/OSX/BIOS_8.JPG

This one is also important! Make sure your MAIN boot up drive is in the Drive boot menu(preferably top of all the other hard drives).

Also if you can tell me again All your specs:

HD'S

Graphics(board or card)

Board

and etc.