[ PRE-INSTALL AUTOMATOR v1.1 ] for easily installing vanilla snow leo.

dj nitehawk

281 posts in this topic

good to hear and u r welcome...

i have no idea about the trackpad thing as i dont have one... try scouring the net for a kext that works with ur trackpad...

Would I be able to plug a USB mouse in to get the install done and then try to get the pad working from in Snow? (I use a bluetooth mouse in Leo, but the trackpad is obviously hand when on the move)

Ok, I'm going to give this a go on my spare HDD.

Fingers crossed for no more panics!!!

Thank you

ur welcome and if ur still wondering about ur DVD drive showing the only thing I can reccomend is that you make sure you don't have more than one kext for the same problem but it's up to you.

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!

Ok,

Install went through fine, and Chameleon starts up great, but when Snow boots up I am back looking at the intelpiixata panic?????

:((

Whats your system specs again anthony?

Also how or what did you do step by step?

Did you try to adjust your BIOS settings cause that helped me.

Whats your system specs again anthony?

Also how or what did you do step by step?

Did you try to adjust your BIOS settings cause that helped me.

My Laptop details are: a Dell XPS M1530, Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2GHZ. 3GB 667MHz DDR2, Nvidia 8600M GT and SATA HDD.

I modified my BIOS as mentioned, but was unable to find options for hpet(high precision event timer), acpi 2, s3 sleep state so could therefore do nothing with them?

This is obviously the same issue as I had before when trying to install OSX that we got working. I would think it may be the installation kext for this issue, but I removed it from the installation media???

My Laptop details are: a Dell XPS M1530, Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2GHZ. 3GB 667MHz DDR2, Nvidia 8600M GT and SATA HDD.

I modified my BIOS as mentioned, but was unable to find options for hpet(high precision event timer), acpi 2, s3 sleep state so could therefore do nothing with them?

This is obviously the same issue as I had before when trying to install OSX that we got working. I would think it may be the installation kext for this issue, but I removed it from the installation media???

That is very wierd cause every BIOS should have a Drive Configuration in which you should be able to change that ACPI as for s3 that should be fine and the timer I don't know.

There must be a kext you have that is corrupted.

That is very wierd cause every BIOS should have a Drive Configuration in which you should be able to change that ACPI as for s3 that should be fine and the timer I don't know.

There must be a kext you have that is corrupted.

Ahh sorry, I thought the 2 on the ACPI 2 was something else. My drive configuration has always been set to ACPI although I did temporarily switch it to ATA for some tests.

The issue it is complaining about was the one we solved for installation by deleted the kext file from the media and extras folder...?

Ahh sorry, I thought the 2 on the ACPI 2 was something else. My drive configuration has always been set to ACPI although I did temporarily switch it to ATA for some tests.

The issue it is complaining about was the one we solved for installation by deleted the kext file from the media and extras folder...?

I'm gonna have to say I don't know the answer to this one so You'll have to wait for DJ to help you.

Dj could you help Anthony?

Ok I just typed out a reply that is not appearing for some reason:

Is it possible that my failing newly installed SL partition has this dodgy kext file on it even though I removed it from the installation image to get this all working? (I can't check at the moment, but I assumed that the OSX installer would not be able to install this troubled kext to my new partition as I deleted it?)

looke like ur ati card is problematic... read this:

http://netkas.org/?p=128

and i dont think burning the usb img to a DVD will let u boot at all... u need to use chameleon cdboot method... which i have tried and do not advise as it is slow as hell...

so u could try by borrowing a friend's usb flash drive or an external usb hdd...

also try this injector for adding support for ur ati...

Ok, I make a fresh install of the InstallDVD on a SATA HDD I found. Deleted the ATIRadeon2000.kext.

I boot with -v -f -x -32 Boot-options. nothing will bring me forward.

I take a new picture, so you can see whats going wrong.

The HDD-LED lights up all the time. I let the computer running through the night, nothing changed.

He does not go further.

Do you have any ideas?

post-153107-1253716777_thumb.jpg

I can't get this to work for anything. I follow all the instructions and still get kernel panic trying to boot up. It looks promising but it ends up just rebooting as soon as it looks like it's about to get graphical. Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

first question are you using chameleon?

Second are using any power management kexts or kernels?

first question are you using chameleon?

Second are using any power management kexts or kernels?

Chameleon is installed with the script, yes? It comes up just fine and presents the boot choices with no issues, the problem comes when it hits 'Darwin' I'll assume. It seems to crash right when it loads all the normal kexts.

I'm only using the pre-installed kexts that were recommended with this script.

Also, thank you for replying, I rarely expect one and it is very appreciated.

Chameleon is installed with the script, yes? It comes up just fine and presents the boot choices with no issues, the problem comes when it hits 'Darwin' I'll assume. It seems to crash right when it loads all the normal kexts.

I'm only using the pre-installed kexts that were recommended with this script.

Also, thank you for replying, I rarely expect one and it is very appreciated.

Does it say anything at the top when it loads and also can u boot in safe mode or verbose mode?

Does it say anything at the top when it loads and also can u boot in safe mode or verbose mode?

Do you mean Chameleon?

I can get verbose mode but not safe mode, it just reboots when it loads all the kexts. You can tell the next thing that's supposed to happen is that it's supposed to get in graphical mode but it loads so fast I can't tell what the exact last thing is before it craps out. It looks like 'Darwin' to me.

Do you mean Chameleon?

I can get verbose mode but not safe mode, it just reboots when it loads all the kexts. You can tell the next thing that's supposed to happen is that it's supposed to get in graphical mode but it loads so fast I can't tell what the exact last thing is before it craps out. It looks like 'Darwin' to me.

sounds like you have a bad video kext or Something is wrong with your .com plst.

Check to see if graphics enabler is yes or no.

edit "/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and delete "-v"

That works again, Man!

you really great.

Have one little issue with booting screen, it show me a line message "Hibernate image is too old, use (something i forgot command name) Wake=y to use". Well i tried that command, but again new message, and after next booting same previous message again. I dont have any problem with this issue yet. Will check it later.

Have another issue with ShutDown, i installed your kext, but no luck, I have same problem with same system on another HDD which has installed LEOPARD. I find out what was the problem there, but no luck to fix it. There is nvidiainject kext installed, when i remove that, my system shut down properly. I tried in LEOPARD nvkush.kext, same problem remained. I nothing tried yet on SNOW LEOPARD (its on same system but on another HDD). Any idea for it ?

But major issue is NO SOUND yet. tried Voodoo in my system/library/extension, but no luck, I have Sigmatel Audio(STAC 92XX C-Major HD AUDIO) in my dell laptop (inspiron 1520). Any idea how to fix it. Previously I have installed Leopard, i have installed there a patch which works fine, when i tried same patch on SL, system halts and asked me to shut down by pressing button. Anyways i removed that patched kext (APPLEHDA.kext). REALLY NEED SOUND WORKING ON MY SYSTEM, Please Help!

And once again many thanks for this script and much more thanks for your kind help.

Good evening.

Ok I have managed to boot into SnowLeopard on my test disc drive now (right now) by copying the nullcpupowermanagement kext file to the right place and removing the troublesome secondary IDE kext.

The only thing (other than kext problems for sound/video/trackpad etc) is I have to boot in Ignore Cache mode??? Should I be having to do this???

Good evening.

Ok I have managed to boot into SnowLeopard on my test disc drive now (right now) by copying the nullcpupowermanagement kext file to the right place and removing the troublesome secondary IDE kext.

The only thing (other than kext problems for sound/video/trackpad etc) is I have to boot in Ignore Cache mode??? Should I be having to do this???

looks like u figured it out urself... u gotta remove applintelpiixata.kext from both locations if ur machine gets KP regarding it or secondary ide channel...

and since ur machine doesnt have an HPET device, u gotta use nullcpupowermanagement.kext

that's it...

and the reason u have to boot in "ignore boot caches" mode is cos ur snow hasnt had a chance to rebuild the kext caches yet (after u deleted files from S/L/E)...

so as mentioned in the main post's tip #3, boot into snow with "ignore boot caches" mode and run those terminal commands and wait a few mins to let snow to rebuild caches... the next time u wont have to boot in ignore cache mode...

have u not found any kexts yet for sound/video?

what video/sound devices does u machine have? wanna post a screenshot from dpci manager?

That works again, Man!

you really great.

Have one little issue with booting screen, it show me a line message "Hibernate image is too old, use (something i forgot command name) Wake=y to use". Well i tried that command, but again new message, and after next booting same previous message again. I dont have any problem with this issue yet. Will check it later.

Have another issue with ShutDown, i installed your kext, but no luck, I have same problem with same system on another HDD which has installed LEOPARD. I find out what was the problem there, but no luck to fix it. There is nvidiainject kext installed, when i remove that, my system shut down properly. I tried in LEOPARD nvkush.kext, same problem remained. I nothing tried yet on SNOW LEOPARD (its on same system but on another HDD). Any idea for it ?

But major issue is NO SOUND yet. tried Voodoo in my system/library/extension, but no luck, I have Sigmatel Audio(STAC 92XX C-Major HD AUDIO) in my dell laptop (inspiron 1520). Any idea how to fix it. Previously I have installed Leopard, i have installed there a patch which works fine, when i tried same patch on SL, system halts and asked me to shut down by pressing button. Anyways i removed that patched kext (APPLEHDA.kext). REALLY NEED SOUND WORKING ON MY SYSTEM, Please Help!

And once again many thanks for this script and much more thanks for your kind help.

u can ignore error msgs if they dont break anything...

for sound, have u tried any of the sigmatel kexts found here?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=154

for shutdown related to nvinject... try EFI strings from EFI studio, osx86tools, uinstaller or a different injector like corevidia...

I'm using the plist that works for my 10.5.8 partition which works currently. I have tried it with the default plist but it still reboots as well.

are u using any injectors or custom kexts for video?

can u try "GraphicsEnabler=No" in your "/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and tell us what happens... and also remove any video kexts...

if it boots with basic graphics, u should try creating an EFI string for ur graphics using EFI Studio, osx86tools or uinstaller...

and make sure that u've set native-sata-ahci in bios and temporarily disable/remove ur IDE drives until you can successfully boot into snow...

ide and sata drives dont mix well together under snow...

also mention if u've messed around with any of the files in /system/library/extensions or not...

Ok, I make a fresh install of the InstallDVD on a SATA HDD I found. Deleted the ATIRadeon2000.kext.

I boot with -v -f -x -32 Boot-options. nothing will bring me forward.

I take a new picture, so you can see whats going wrong.

The HDD-LED lights up all the time. I let the computer running through the night, nothing changed.

He does not go further.

Do you have any ideas?

okkay lets try this...

remove all the additional kexts you've added to /extra/extensions

in leo, open up terminal and type:

diskutil info /volumes/XXX

replace XXX with the name of ur usb install dvd disk/partition

copy the string of numbers that show in front of "Volume UUID"

paste that string into /extra/com.apple.boot.plist as follows:

boot-uuid=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx

so the resulting boot plist should look like the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v arch=x86 GraphicsEnabler=No boot-uuid=xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

</dict>

</plist>

also try disabling all ur firewire/serial/parallel ports in bios till u can boot into snow installer... enable them one by one later upon successful boot/install...

is there's a legacy setting for usb ports in bios, try using/enabling that also...

let us know what happens......

Man thanks for this, this is the one and only automator that even came close to allowing me to boot! works great, had to tweak just a few things but all and all ive got an 80% working 10.6.1! one thing though, i did change my boot arg to arch=!386 and it loaded my graphics and trackpad kext. other wise, it wasnt loading them. now i need to get my sound working, anyone have an AppleHDA for a Gateway M-6816? if i load my 10.5 one it KPs everytime. And this is wierd, it loads my airport cuz im using a broadcom card but EVERYTIME it says my ISP is blocking my traffic, but works just fine on my 10.5 side, any thoughts?

okkay lets try this...

remove all the additional kexts you've added to /extra/extensions

in leo, open up terminal and type:

diskutil info /volumes/XXX

replace XXX with the name of ur usb install dvd disk/partition

copy the string of numbers that show in front of "Volume UUID"

paste that string into /extra/com.apple.boot.plist as follows:

boot-uuid=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx

so the resulting boot plist should look like the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v arch=x86 GraphicsEnabler=No boot-uuid=xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

</dict>

</plist>

also try disabling all ur firewire/serial/parallel ports in bios till u can boot into snow installer... enable them one by one later upon successful boot/install...

is there's a legacy setting for usb ports in bios, try using/enabling that also...

let us know what happens......

Ok, first, my System runs fine at all with 10.6.1. Some glitches with OpticalSound Out if I come from sleep, not verry bad.

Yesterday I bought a new GFX Card. A Geforce 9800GT with 1GB Ram.

All went fine. I copied the Video Card ID to the Boot.plist.

My Radeon HD2600XT VideoCard was only the problem.

Thanks to your help, Thanks to the Insanlymac forum.

Blauzahn