[ PRE-INSTALL AUTOMATOR v1.1 ] for easily installing vanilla snow leo.

dj nitehawk

281 posts in this topic

i've installed using this tool and it worked great

i am however having some kext issues.

i can't boot 32 bit as i get the nanoseconds error and my wifi dongle (zydas 1211) and nvidia 9500 gt 1gb graphics card aren't working in 64bit :(

anyone know why i can't boot 32 bit?

would it have anything to do with migrating settings from my leo install on a different drive?

I get a flashing cursor with the first boot to the restored partition (Step 7). The snow-installer seems to be telling me I don't have permission for the boot mods. Disk is a SATA 60GB Toshiba out of a first generation MacBook, formatted GUID. Here's what it says:

Installing Chameleon boot0 file...

fdisk: /dev/disk4: Permission denied

Installing Chameleon boot1h file...

dd: /dev/disk4s1: Permission denied

flagging partition as bootable...

I just swapped out that disk for a 160GB 3.5" that has the exact same problem. Any ideas? I am plugged into my 4th SATA connector.

Thanks, Gregg

EDIT: Fixed the problem by executing the script path with sudo.

I get a flashing cursor with the first boot to the restored partition (Step 7). The snow-installer seems to be telling me I don't have permission for the boot mods. Disk is a SATA 60GB Toshiba out of a first generation MacBook, formatted GUID. Here's what it says:

Installing Chameleon boot0 file...

Installing Chameleon boot1h file...

dd: /dev/disk4s1: Permission denied

flagging partition as bootable...

I just swapped out that disk for a 160GB 3.5" that has the exact same problem. Any ideas? I am plugged into my 4th SATA connector.

Thanks, Gregg

EDIT: Fixed the problem by executing the script path with sudo.

nice find!!!

although im curious as to why that happened... cos ive personally never had that problem and nobody else has reported that so far...

assumption 1: ur sata drive was used for a previous osx installation as the primary OS partition?

assumption 2: owners were enabled on ur sata drive... (usually ownership is off by default for external drives, usb drives, and non primary osx partitions)

any of the above?

or maybe someone else could enlighten us?

i've installed using this tool and it worked great

i am however having some kext issues.

i can't boot 32 bit as i get the nanoseconds error and my wifi dongle (zydas 1211) and nvidia 9500 gt 1gb graphics card aren't working in 64bit B)

anyone know why i can't boot 32 bit?

would it have anything to do with migrating settings from my leo install on a different drive?

ur wifi uses the "airportatheros.kext" which is only available in 32bit at the moment... so u will not be able to use it in 64bit... until someone makes a 64bit version of airportatheros...

for ur graphics card, try using an EFI string with an app like EFI studio, osx86toos or uinstaller... if u do that, make sure to turn off "GraphicsEnabler" in the boot plist... (main post has info on this...)

as for why u get a KP in 32bit mode, we gonna need more info...

what kexts r u using?

what r ur bios settings? ex: hpet? sata ahci?

would help if u post a picture of the KP...

try this in the meantime:

boot into 10.6 in 64bit... run the disk utility and repair permissions on ur 10.6 partition... reboot in 32bit mode...

has anybody else with ur same mobo had this problem on other threads?

thanks you for script! but i have some problems:

i have nvidia 8600GT 256mb, but its dont auto detected and i use efi strings. if i watch hd video on vimeo or youtube its not smooth. in win7 its ok. maybe i need another kext?

and real big trouble: no sound. i tried many kexts but it dont work. i use kextutility for install kexts, maybe i need another installer?

my mobo foxconn P9657AB-8EKRS2H link Intel® P965+ICH8R Realtek ALC 883 (HDA)

Where i must install kext? extra/extensions or system/library/extensions?

ps sorry for my english. im not from US and im rookie =)

and one more thing:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...entry1993

from this "HOW TO" i add this strings in DSDT:

Device (HDEF)
		   {
			   Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			   {
				   Store (Package (0x04)
					   {
						   "layout-id", 
						   Buffer (0x04)
						   {
							   0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
						   }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
						   Buffer (Zero) {}

}, Local0)
				   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				   Return (Local0)
			   }
		   }

and

Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
 {
	 If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
			 {
				 /* 0000 */	0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44, 
				 /* 0008 */	0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B
			 }))
	 {
		 If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
		 {
			 If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
			 {
				 Store (Buffer (One)
					 {
						 0x03
					 }, Arg4)
				 Return (One)
			 }

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
			 {
				 Return (One)
			 }
		 }
	 }

Store (Buffer (One)
		 {
			 0x00
		 }, Arg4)
	 Return (Zero)
 }

i think that is for sound, but when snow leo boot i see new strings with nvinject =)

nice find!!!

although im curious as to why that happened... cos ive personally never had that problem and nobody else has reported that so far...

assumption 1: ur sata drive was used for a previous osx installation as the primary OS partition?

assumption 2: owners were enabled on ur sata drive... (usually ownership is off by default for external drives, usb drives, and non primary osx partitions)

any of the above?

Yes, both drives were previously startup drives on PowerPC Macs. Thanks for all the hard work you put into your script and the terrific generous support!

Gregg

having an extensions.mkext is not compulsary... if u dont know how to make one, dont bother...

and yes... its because u deleted the whole ioatafamily.kext i think...

try only removing the stock appleinteliixata.kext and adding the modified one from netkas to /E/E

found this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...182887&st=0

try some of the stuff there... and in the meantime, download this and post a screenshot of ur devices...

http://rs768.rapidshare.com/files/271683580/DPCIManager.dmg

well i am posting the lspci output from ubuntu (sorry i have to reinstall leo as its not working)

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 02)

00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 02)

00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 3 (rev 02)

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 02)

00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 02)

00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 02)

00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 02)

00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 02)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev e2)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 02)

00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family) SATA IDE Controller (rev 02)

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 02)

02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network Connection (rev 02)

04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8038 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (rev 14)

05:09.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

05:09.1 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments PCIxx12 OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

05:09.2 Mass storage controller: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD)

05:09.3 SD Host controller: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller

you are my hope... the other thread is not too helpful

well i am posting the lspci output from ubuntu (sorry i have to reinstall leo as its not working)

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 02)

00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 02)

00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 3 (rev 02)

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 02)

00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 02)

00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 02)

00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 02)

00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 02)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev e2)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 02)

00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family) SATA IDE Controller (rev 02)

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 02)

02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network Connection (rev 02)

04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8038 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (rev 14)

05:09.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

05:09.1 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments PCIxx12 OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

05:09.2 Mass storage controller: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD)

05:09.3 SD Host controller: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller

you are my hope... the other thread is not too helpful

can u find out what the device id of ur 945GM video adapter is? usually lspci displays that info but the above does not include them...

im suspecting there's no proper support from snow for ur graphics card... and snow only supports 950gma with the stock kexts...

so lets try patching the appleintelgma950.kext with the 945gma device id and see if that gets u anywhere... cos searched around for a kext for 945 but havent found any... and i dont know if any of the enablers/injectors would be any use for intel graphics... do u know? does anyone know?

find out what ur 945gma device id is and ill send u a patched kext... if u know how to do this, try doing that urself...

thanks you for script! but i have some problems:

i have nvidia 8600GT 256mb, but its dont auto detected and i use efi strings. if i watch hd video on vimeo or youtube its not smooth. in win7 its ok. maybe i need another kext?

and real big trouble: no sound. i tried many kexts but it dont work. i use kextutility for install kexts, maybe i need another installer?

my mobo foxconn P9657AB-8EKRS2H link Intel® P965+ICH8R Realtek ALC 883 (HDA)

Where i must install kext? extra/extensions or system/library/extensions?

ps sorry for my english. im not from US and im rookie =)

and one more thing:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...entry1993

from this "HOW TO" i add this strings in DSDT:

Device (HDEF)
			{
				Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
				Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				{
					Store (Package (0x04)
						{
							"layout-id", 
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							}, 

"PinConfigurations", 
							Buffer (Zero) {}

}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}
			}

and

Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
  {
	  If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
			  {
				  /* 0000 */	0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44, 
				  /* 0008 */	0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B
			  }))
	  {
		  If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
		  {
			  If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
			  {
				  Store (Buffer (One)
					  {
						  0x03
					  }, Arg4)
				  Return (One)
			  }

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
			  {
				  Return (One)
			  }
		  }
	  }

Store (Buffer (One)
		  {
			  0x00
		  }, Arg4)
	  Return (Zero)
  }

i think that is for sound, but when snow leo boot i see new strings with nvinject =)

for video:

1. try a different EFI string...

2. try using an injectiver like nvinject/corevidia etc...

for sound:

1. remove the hdef dsdt patch

2. put voodoohda.kext in /system/library/extensions with the help of kext utility

Yes, both drives were previously startup drives on PowerPC Macs. Thanks for all the hard work you put into your script and the terrific generous support!

Gregg

sweet...

and u r welcome...

i think im coming down with something, so support will be slow in the next couple of days...

so help each other out guys...

ps: if this is ur first time installing a vanilla osx, i really wish u would throw away ur ide drives and not so compatible laptops :-)

dj nitehawk

God is DJ...nitehawk! =) Sound is working! Cause i installed voodoo and cause im an idiot! A disabled HD Auidio in BIOS !

thanks a lot!

hahaha if only that was true, i would relieve you all from the frustration and pain of installing osx on pcs and bless each one of you with 2 real mac computers and 2 hot as women :-)

heck i would even recreate the universe without a single bit of pain or suffering and let everyone live forever in abundance :-)

and i would make Charles Darwin the king of england :-)

can u find out what the device id of ur 945GM video adapter is? usually lspci displays that info but the above does not include them...

im suspecting there's no proper support from snow for ur graphics card... and snow only supports 950gma with the stock kexts...

so lets try patching the appleintelgma950.kext with the 945gma device id and see if that gets u anywhere... cos searched around for a kext for 945 but havent found any... and i dont know if any of the enablers/injectors would be any use for intel graphics... do u know? does anyone know?

find out what ur 945gma device id is and ill send u a patched kext... if u know how to do this, try doing that urself...

vendor id is 8086

device id is ...... now here is the real prob

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A6&SUBSYS_666617AA&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&11

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_666617AA&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&10

this is from xp device manager

though i am pretty sure that the dpci manager id is 27a2......

What is this?

This is a script which lets you do quick and easy Snow Leopard installs by automating the pre-install preparation process.

What exactly does the script do?

It takes care of the following:

• Installs Chameleon 2 RC3 boot loader
  • Creates a patched dsdt.aml file for your specific motherboard
  • Installs the required kexts + boot plist

Why use this?

• Fully automated - you only need to tell it where to install
  • No more typing commands in terminal
  • No more editing plist files
    • No need for EFI strings for nVidia graphics cards. Chameleon 2 RC3 detects them automatically.
    • No need for disk UUID strings. Again, Chameleon takes care of it.

[*]Can install to any disk/partition, even to raid helper partitions

[*]Can be used from within Leopard 10.5 or Snow Leopard 10.6

[*]Can be used straight from the retail Snow Leo Installer DVD (follow guide below).

[*]Not specific to a certain motherboard make/model.

[*]Helps doing a basic pure vanilla installation quickly.

[*]Can easily customize for your needs.

• Can easily add any additional kexts for your system
    • The source code is editable

Warning:

This is not meant for complete noobs. It will not magically give you a working Snow Leopard install. The upcoming iKaros distro is recommended for that.

How do I use this?

This script could be used in a few different ways but here's the easiest way that i could come up with to get a working Snow Leo installation quickly.

Brief guide (for experienced/intermediate hackintoshers):

1. Restore the retail "Snow Leopard Install DVD" to a read/write disk partition (hdd or usb flash drive).
  2. Download and extract the attached zip file to your desktop.
  3. Add any additional kexts your system needs to the following location: (see tip #1 below)
    • "desktop/snow-installer/filez/Extra/Extensions/"

[*]Run the script from "desktop/snow-installer/installnow" by double-clicking on it or via the terminal.

[*]Go through the on-screen prompts. Select the above restored install dvd partition as the target.

• For ex: "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD" so that the installer dvd partition becomes bootable.

[*]Copy the folder "desktop/snow-installer" to the above restored location.

• For ex: "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/"

[*]Restart the computer and boot into the above install dvd disk/partition.

[*]After the retail installer loads, click "Utilities" > "Terminal" in the menu and type the following to run the script again:

• "/snow-installer/installnow"

[*]Go through the prompts again and select your ultimate Snow Leo destination disk/partition.

• For ex: "/Volumes/MySnowLeo"

[*]Close terminal and continue with the retail snow installer and select the same location as step 9 for the install target.

• "/Volumes/MySnowLeo"

That's it in 10 easy steps!!!

Is this guaranteed to work?

Hell no!!! No guarantees...

Use at your own risk...

This is just a tool that i made to make my life easier when doing new OSX installations for myself and friends. Just wanted to give something back to the community.

I apologize in advance if i don't answer your questions in a timely manner. Im sure all the other knowledgeable members here will step in and help...

Last but not least... My heartfelt gratitude goes out to the following people:

-The Chameleon Team (for a kick ass boot loader)

-Netkas (for fakesmc)

-Fassl (for the dsdt patcher)

-Voodoo Team (for voodoohda and voodoops2)

-Psystar (for openhaltrestart)

-iAtkos Team (for giving me my first fully working hackintosh)

-Everyone else that's made OSX86 a reality.

LONG LIVE THE HACKINTOSH SCENE!!!

Note for non-nVidia graphics card users:

If your graphics card is not nVidia, chameleon's auto graphics detection will not work. Before doing anything, please edit the file "desktop/snow-installer/filez/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and change the "Yes" to "No" where it says:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Then you will have to take whatever measure necessary to add the proper graphics card support by using EFI strings, injectors/enablers, custom kexts, etc. Just search the web/forums for help with that...

Tip 0:

Before running this script, please go through your bios setup and make sure that the following(or similar) are enabled if available. these settings help in trouble[free/less] booting.

hpet(high precision event timer), sata ahci, intel xd(execute disable bit), intel vt (virtualization technology), acpi 2, s3 sleep state, intel speedstep

even if they are not available, just give it a whirl and see what happens.

Tip 1:

The kexts that are included in this package are only the real basic ones that are required to get a basic vanilla system running on most modern desktops assuming it has sata hdd's with ahci support + multi core intel processor + intel chipset on southbridge etc...

You may have to add any additional kexts your system might need for ex: sound + network + ide hdd support etc. if they are not detected by the stock kexts that come with snow leo...

The best way to figure out what additional kexts are needed, is to look at a guide specifically written for you motherboard or computer model and see which kexts are missing and simply add them in step 3 of the above guide.

Tip 2:

Some kexts such as network card drivers, sound drivers (voodoohda) do not work from "/Extra/Extensions" if that's the case for you, simply move them to "/System/Library/Extensions" once you get your basic snow leo up and running.

Tip 3:

After messing with the "/System/Library/Extensions" always issue the following commands in the terminal so that there wont be any errors regarding permissions and outdated boot caches:

• sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions
  • sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions
  • sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/NAMEOFSNOWVOLUME
  • sudo touch /system/library/extensions

Tip 4:

This script generates and places a dsdt.aml file on the target disk which will only work with the computer you ran it on.

If you want to try booting that disk on a different computer, you can temporarily disable the loading of the patched dsdt.aml by interrupting chameleon at boot time by pressing any key and typing in the following:

"DSDT=nothing.aml" without quotes.

Tip 5:

The patched dsdt.aml currently does not include the "cmos reset fix" which is required if your bios/cmos gets corrupted/reset everytime you reboot. So if your mobo suffers from this problem, you will have to edit your dsdt manually. Guide's can be found on the net on how to do that...

Im currently trying to learn the C language so i can update Fassl's dsdt patcher code with the cmos reset fix. If any of you C pros out there would like to help, that would be great!!!

Revision History:

v1.0:

• Initial release

v1.1

• fixed issues encountered when running from within leopard 10.5
  • solved bash external command dependencies when running from the retail dvd installer
  • increased error checking for trouble[free/less] operation
  • enabled manual volume mounting/unmounting in case of error
  • updated the guide for better and trouble[free/less] install experience

Request from the pros:

If you think any of the info on this post is incorrect or could be improved, please do let me know...

And you guys are welcome to edit the script and make improvements to it. Just send me a copy so i can post it up here...

thanks heaps

worked perfectly on my Asus P5B Deluxe wifi

tried with other guides and i could never get a perfect install

either internet wouldn't work or couldn't get proper graphics

just added a few extra kexts that i needed and installed perfectly

done software update with no hassles

only issue is my drives are showing up as orange removable drives.

not sure which kext i need or whether i missed something in the bios

once again thank you

vendor id is 8086

device id is ...... now here is the real prob

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A6&SUBSYS_666617AA&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&11

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_666617AA&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&10

this is from xp device manager

though i am pretty sure that the dpci manager id is 27a2......

owe {censored}!!!

looks like 27a2 is already present in the stock appleintel950gma.kext....

so it might not be ur graphics after all...

lets try this:

1. download and place this in /extra/extensions and see if it boots.... if not...

2. set ur hdds to use IDE mode instead of sata... cos i think snow sata requires ahci... download appleintelpiixata.kext from netkas and replace ur existing one in /S/L/E/ioatafamily.kext/content/plugins/appleintelpiixata.kext... i've found placing it on /E/E doesnt work if the stock kext exists in /S/L/E... so do replace it... and make sure u fix permissions as mentioned on the main post afterwards...

3. make sure "GraphicsEnabler" in /extra/com.apple.boot.plist is set to "No"

4. look for a guide written for a lenovo y300... if not found, post a new thread in this forum asking for help... cos i really dont have any other ideas...

lemme know how u go...

PS: DOES UR SNOW KP WHEN TRYING TO BOOT INTO THE SNOW INSTALLER OR THE INSTALLED SNOW ON UR INTERNAL DRIVE???

only issue is my drives are showing up as orange removable drives.

not sure which kext i need or whether i missed something in the bios

ioahciblockstorageinjector :-)

owe {censored}!!!

looks like 27a2 is already present in the stock appleintel950gma.kext....

so it might not be ur graphics after all...

lets try this:

1. download and place this in /extra/extensions and see if it boots.... if not...

2. set ur hdds to use IDE mode instead of sata... cos i think snow sata requires ahci... download appleintelpiixata.kext from netkas and replace ur existing one in /S/L/E/ioatafamily.kext/content/plugins/appleintelpiixata.kext... i've found placing it on /E/E doesnt work if the stock kext exists in /S/L/E... so do replace it... and make sure u fix permissions as mentioned on the main post afterwards...

3. make sure "GraphicsEnabler" in /extra/com.apple.boot.plist is set to "No"

4. look for a guide written for a lenovo y300... if not found, post a new thread in this forum asking for help... cos i really dont have any other ideas...

lemme know how u go...

PS: DOES UR SNOW KP WHEN TRYING TO BOOT INTO THE SNOW INSTALLER OR THE INSTALLED SNOW ON UR INTERNAL DRIVE???

hey thanks for ur suggestion shall try it first

i created a thread already and was asked to follow this guide :http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183720&st=0&gopid=1273162entry1273162

but i get kernel panic still

and well i get kernel panic when i try to boot into the installer

nice find!!!

any of the above?

ur wifi uses the "airportatheros.kext" which is only available in 32bit at the moment... so u will not be able to use it in 64bit... until someone makes a 64bit version of airportatheros...

for ur graphics card, try using an EFI string with an app like EFI studio, osx86toos or uinstaller... if u do that, make sure to turn off "GraphicsEnabler" in the boot plist... (main post has info on this...)

as for why u get a KP in 32bit mode, we gonna need more info...

what kexts r u using?

what r ur bios settings? ex: hpet? sata ahci?

would help if u post a picture of the KP...

try this in the meantime:

boot into 10.6 in 64bit... run the disk utility and repair permissions on ur 10.6 partition... reboot in 32bit mode...

has anybody else with ur same mobo had this problem on other threads?

Cheers for the reply :)

I have sorted the not being able to boot 32bit by not transferribg files and setting etc from my leo build.

Now i can try and sort the other two niggles out.

i tried to add an efi string from osx86 tools but it errored out (will post later) and i will try doing it with the other two tools you suggested.

the wifi is not working in 32 bit but i now have a starting point to try and sort it. there seem to be others having issues with atheros cards that used to work in leo . Mines 5007ug fwiw.

i have used a zydas1211.kext as it has it's own connection manager. i'll try with airportatheros.kext.

I've no idea why the transfer messed up 32 bit booting i'd have thought it would have been 64bit if anything.

cheers for the help it's very much appreciated :)

I have sorted the not being able to boot 32bit by not transferribg files and setting etc from my leo build.

wow that is really interesting... good job figuring that out... i guess that will help a lot of people in the future... (if only they knew how to search this forum) :-)

maybe u should post a new thread about it...

Mines 5007ug

if ur wifi adapter is not detected by airportatheros.kext in 32bit mode, u might have to add ur device-id to the kext...

my atheros device id was not in the kext back in leo10.5 and they've added it in 10.6...

good luck!!!

dj nitehawk

i need one more tip from you:

i have 2 partitions on 1 hdd:

1 - Snow Leo

2 - Win 7

How can i dual boot this guys? Now i change mbr, but its boring)))

does chameleon not display ur win7 drive on boot?

try pressing the left/right arrow keys when chameleon boots to see if ur win7 drive is listed... if listed, u should be able to just select win7 and hit enter to boot into win...

im really not familiar with dualbooting with win7 cos i let go of win7 after snow came out... i now only have a stripped down (nlite'd) winxp running on vmware fusion for emergencies :-)

and well i get kernel panic when i try to boot into the installer

hey here's one more thing to try...

turn off multicore support in ur bios and see what happens...

and have u tried booting in safe mode? boot flag "-x"

dj nitehawk

i need one more tip from you:

i have 2 partitions on 1 hdd:

1 - Snow Leo

2 - Win 7

How can i dual boot this guys? Now i change mbr, but its boring)))

install easybcd 2 beta to win7 and add an mbr entry for osx

@dj nitehawk

cheers for the advice. i'll post back if it works

worth pointing out none of my issues are related to the automater :)

apologies for the brief hijack :)

EasyBCD_2.0_Beta___Build_53.exe

Hello,

I followed the Guide. Now I'm stuck at the boot to the Installer.

I can't boot into Installer.

In the last line is the following.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed

** Device on slot: SLOT--1 **

Warning - com.apple.driver.InternalModemSupport declares no kernel dependencies; ........... (not so importend I think, its only a Warning)

I have a BadAxe2 Mobo, a Radeon 2600XT Graphic.

Did somebody now, whats going wrong on my installation?

thanks

Blauzahn

post-153107-1253458439_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I followed the Guide. Now I'm stuck at the boot to the Installer.

I can't boot into Installer.

In the last line is the following.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed

** Device on slot: SLOT--1 **

Warning - com.apple.driver.InternalModemSupport declares no kernel dependencies; ........... (not so importend I think, its only a Warning)

I have a BadAxe2 Mobo, a Radeon 2600XT Graphic.

Did somebody now, whats going wrong on my installation?

thanks

Blauzahn

you'll see that we've had BadAxe2 working here before if u go back in this thread...

so im assuming it could be related to ur flash voyager which seem to use some sort of SCSI interface (which normal usb drives/sticks usually dont) or ur ati video card...

so try booting without graphics support first... remove any additional ati kexts u've added... and use "GraphicsEnabler=No" boot flag...

if that doesnt solve it, try adding the UUID of ur usb drive to "/extra/com.apple.boot.plist"... if that doesnt work, try another usb drive (one that doesnt use SCSI)...

btw, does ur usb drive's LED flash in the same repetitive pattern when trying to boot? or does it not flash at all? or does it flash in an irregular pattern (which is what it should be)?

and i think its safe to just ignore the other error msgs u've mentioned...

Johnston411

Great! It works! Thank you!

Pleasure :)

For those interested i got my video card (9500gt 1gb) working by taking a punt and installing the 8600gt 1gb efi string from osx86 tools

I fresh installed it rather than running the one on my leo partition and it worked fine.

I have only tried the vga out. qe/ce enabled themselves on reboot :)

Wifi is being an arse

where do i find my id to add to the airportatheros.kext?

i'm using a usb atheros so i think it may be the wrong thing to do anyway?

remove any additional ati kexts u've added... and use "GraphicsEnabler=No" boot flag...

if that doesnt solve it, try adding the UUID of ur usb drive to "/extra/com.apple.boot.plist"... if that doesnt work, try another usb drive (one that doesnt use SCSI)...

btw, does ur usb drive's LED flash in the same repetitive pattern when trying to boot? or does it not flash at all? or does it flash in an irregular pattern (which is what it should be)?

and i think its safe to just ignore the other error msgs u've mentioned...

1. I don't load any ATI Kexts.

I've loaded the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, fakesmc.kext, IOAudioFamily.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext, OSvKernDSPLib.kext, PlatformUUID.kext, VoodooHDA.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext

The Kexts were loaded in another Guide exactly for the BadAxe.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1239731

2. "GraphicsEnabler=No" I've test it and it has brought nothing.

3. the adding of the UUID has brought nothing too.

4. I think the stick blink in a regular pattern. Just like the normal sticks do.

It will flash if I read or write data.

It always stop at the same point.

Now, I will make another test. Influenced by the SCSI problem.

I burn the USB-Thumb-Image to a DL-DVD.

I will report how it goes on.