iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 Released!

Jack Layne

301 posts in this topic

i tried to change the kernel also from windows i used Voodoo Kernel Release 1.0 Rev_A for this than every error was gone but after that it wont go across the boot screen and this screen comes in the verbose mode........

10fbzwz.jpg

Same problem here.

Any tips or trick to resolve it????

Thanks

i have tried every possible combination.......but it wont worked out........... :)

That's not really encouraging me :S...

I was hoping to try Mac OS on a trial basis before i choose to buy one.

Does one of the creators of this distribution have a suggestion?

After 5 mins installation, everything works out of box. Thanks for the great release.

Here is my hardware

MB: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 Bios ver. F14B

CPU: Intel core duo E66000, 2400 MHz

DDR2 ram( 4gig)

Video Card: GeForce 8800GTS (512)

Audio: Realtek ALC888

Network:Marvel Yukon 88E8056

IDE: ICH8

I installed it on my small pc, these release does not have the kernel "9.4.0 XNU" anymore (why? :( ) and this kernel worked perfect with this machine.

I installed the 9.5.0 (since I cant use the other 9.2.0 kernels listed) and it loads and boots ok but the machine goes into panic a few minutes later for no reason.. I took the package from v1.3 DVD and installed it; it installs ok but it seems like something from 9.5.0 remains there and the pc acts a bit weird.. how can I uninstall 9.5.0 and get rid of it completely? :P

I tried adding the new kernel to the DVD and it seemed to be ok but, after re-burning the DVD I see under "startup disk" the new dvd shows as bootable disc but the pc does not boot from it... I weisted about 10 dvd's las Sunday... so I am forgeting about this option... :)

Other than that it a fine release..

Optiplex gx620

P4 3.4Ghz

2Gb DDR2

Just as an update:

I created a USB installation flash drive using iDeneb 10.5.6 DVD, once on the flash drive I edited the menu list and I added the 9.4.0 XNU kernel package including the other kexts I needed... booted from the flash drive and installed selecting the kernel... installed just fine and its running nicelly!! really good distro.. thanks!!!!! please include this kernel on the next release?

Thanks a lot for a fine release!!!

cheers, :D

kexts.zip

I had a problem in release 1.3...when I used the latest nforce drivers I had a kernel panic when the hard drive was reading/writing big files, when I used older nforce drivers that problem was gone but my SATA DVD was not reading any disc....do you know if in 1.4 I have the same problem? My spec is Asus M2N-MX AMD 4200+ GeForce 8600GT 256/128, SATA HDD and SATA DVD-ROM...please reply to this post as I am kinda desperate because of this problem. Thanks.

PS: That motherboard has nForce 4 chipset

LE: I tried installing it and i can't even boot from the DVD...it stucks at AppleNForceATA: found 1 units. ...and after booting with -x -v -s -f I have the Still waiting for root device problem. Please help!!!

So come on people tell me what else can I try...I really want a hackintosh...

Thank you very much, but still no success here. I'm still fighting it, tho' ;) If no luck I'm gonna try installing from a HD partition.

Anywayz, the error code I receive is:

H0000003F
]-00000041
=00000001
}*!-007C87D7
=007C007E
Y

I did some googling and came across somebody mentioning "HFS partition errors"

Maybe this will be helpful to someone.

BTW, twilight.lee, you mentioned the chain0 file but it isn't there in the attachment ;) I downloaded it from another page. I suggest you add it so it is complete.

Thanks again for your help.

Isn't DVD size 4.7 GB? ;)

=============================================================

The recently release , such as iPC , iDeneb v1.4 , xXx was NOT compatible with Leopard HD Installer Help . Because these all release use Chameleon-1.0.11 or PC_EFI v9.

But there are two methods to solve this problem.

Method1:

Use this guide or this guide boot from BOOT-132 CD , then type the right Harddisk number.

Method2:

Find a old release ISO , such as iDeneb 10.5.4 v1.1.iso , Format & Make Bootable HD for Leopard.iso , Use Leopard HD install helper dump the old ISO to Destination Partition , then boot.

This method require the Destination Partition and the Install Partition at the same harddisk.

If you can't find old release ISO , you can try miniboot . But I am have not test it yet.

However if all recently release maker can made a little patch to add boot to root directory of ISO , that will be easy more.

I'm working with iDeneb 1.4 in my Core i7 (with the DFI LanParty X58 UT!!!!!)!!!!!!!!!!

Wow... it's amazing! It caughts my "8" cores! and 6GB of RAM!

But... here are the problems:

No sound - I pick the ALC889 drivers in installation but... nothings.

No ethernet - I pick the Marvell, but... in MacOs, it says it's connected but... doesn't work

No VGA - I have a 4870 1GB... how can I use it (change resolution, etc.)? The drivers no more than 3800!

No Wifi USB - when I connect the Edimax (Ralink) the screen shows "black screen" and it says me that I have to restart (like BSOD in windows)

Anyone can help me?

Thx!

ByE!

Thanks, did the trick! Easy when you just get the right idea... Now works perfeckt on my friends AA1! :-)

pvutop

Can you step me throught this? How do you install the driver while in safe mode? Where did you get the driver?

Thanks in advance

hey

i ve install a lot of time iDeneb and always i have a trouble with restart or freezeing screen.

I have hp nx7300. what should i tick from drivers list to work ok on osx86?

I choose ps2 mouse, gma 950,ACPI_SMC_Fix and ICHx.

Should i install something more? Audio and LAN I install after install iDeneb. I disabled one core

can somebody help? another relases like iPC and iatkos doesnt start installation

• Kernel:
  • 9.6.0 Vanilla (Intel/SSE3) - Default
  • 9.5.0 Voodoo (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)
  • 9.2.0 Sleep (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)
  • 9.2.0 SpeedStep (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)
  • 9.2.2 SSE3 (Intel/AMD/SSE3)

Why not also add my XNU kernel?

It's Darwin 9.6.0 so it could be beneficial to many others...

Why not also add my XNU kernel?

It's Darwin 9.6.0 so it could be beneficial to many others...

In the next PPF, or the next release, we also add your own kernel.

If you want you can contact me by sending me all the interesting material that could be added, so we do not talk here.

Thanks for reporting

Problems with USB on this release, working on workaround. After install and on second boot, no USB keyboard, Mouse or anything. Have to reboot a few times to get USB and ethernet to work. once booted and online seems ok. Need to figure out what is causing the USB and net issue. iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 patched to 10.5.6 had no problems.

X1350 Mobility Radeon

- Does anyone get this driver working ? i get kernel panics on boot. I even try to use it with iDeneb 10.5.5 but with same results. I spent many days and nights to get this card working on my hp6820s laptop in the native res. 1440x900 with QE/CI - but the damn mobility is screwed so much that will need some alien-class driver ....

anyone ? any help will be apreciated.

Hey there!

I've been using V1.3 and i'm really enjoy it.

But now V1.4 as come and i wanted to try it, the problem is that right after i choose my language a Log box appears with several errors and i can't continue the install.

Someone as the same problem, how can i fix this??

Thanx,

Bruno