iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 Released!

Jack Layne

302 posts in this topic

have you tried to boot the installer in -v mode to see whats breaking during the boot up of the installer.. cause i dont think theres a way to change the default kernel for the installer.. heck i didnt even know there was an alternative kernel for the installer...

EDIT: dong - the reason your seeing that is its not seeing any HD's when the installer is loading. what kind of hds are you using and what controller do you have them connected to on your motherboard. if you give us some specs your using then we can maybe help

Agreed, in the worst case we just code an HD driver for the chipset but then we need all the tech specs...

have you tried to boot the installer in -v mode to see whats breaking during the boot up of the installer.. cause i dont think theres a way to change the default kernel for the installer.. heck i didnt even know there was an alternative kernel for the installer...

EDIT: dong - the reason your seeing that is its not seeing any HD's when the installer is loading. what kind of hds are you using and what controller do you have them connected to on your motherboard. if you give us some specs your using then we can maybe help

P5K-E wifi

C2D 8400

HD4850

4GB ram

audigy 4

DVD IDE

HDD SATA

in bios AHCI ON

i loaded up ideneb last night on my K45 shuttle and i'm having a problem with shutting down... anyone got anything they could recommend? everything else is fine... had a few issues with video but its all good now... just wish i could shut it down without it crashing

Hey, Just got to say iDeneb is awesome. I am having a problem with my installation of iDeneb 1.4 on my machine. It will boot on the first time and run through the user setup video and all, however, after i reboot afterwards it always boots up and enters into a blue screen. Both my monitors just show the light blue color. Here is my hardware and setup options:

Hardware:

AMD Athlon FX-62 2.8Ghz

Asus M2N-SLI DELUXE Nforce 55

Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 512mb graphics card

6gb memory

250GB SATA Hard Drive

Setup Options:

NForceATA

NVdarwin

Broadcom for wireless card

NForceEthernet and Marvell for onboard ethernet(doesn't really matter i have a usb ethernet thingy from apple to supplement)

I've tried installing without the NVdarwin but in that case the computer boots up and after the white apple loading both monitors turn off from no input from the graphics card. Any suggestions?

AFAIK

Waiting for root device.

Can't find your(HD) osx partition.

Could try booting with or without the dvd

F8 rd=disk0s1 ??? diskXXX = where your install is.

Try with dvd if rd command don't work.

You'll get to VGA mode if it works.

make sure you have the right sata driver at installation.

Maybe doesn't like what the drives are jumpered as.

Good Luck

hey friends,

i again tried this release with my new Graphic card FX 5500 256 MB Ram.......and this time i got those 2 screens

2nlvn14.jpg

wrfb7t.jpg

Agreed, it is definitely the driver for the HD...

Reinstall HD driver (the correct one) from install disc...

Any suggestions for my blue screen problem? Oh and My kernel choice was of course the 9.5.0 voodoo

Hey, Just got to say iDeneb is awesome. I am having a problem with my installation of iDeneb 1.4 on my machine. It will boot on the first time and run through the user setup video and all, however, after i reboot afterwards it always boots up and enters into a blue screen. Both my monitors just show the light blue color. Here is my hardware and setup options:

Hardware:

AMD Athlon FX-62 2.8Ghz

Asus M2N-SLI DELUXE Nforce 55

Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 512mb graphics card

6gb memory

250GB SATA Hard Drive

Setup Options:

NForceATA

NVdarwin

Broadcom for wireless card

NForceEthernet and Marvell for onboard ethernet(doesn't really matter i have a usb ethernet thingy from apple to supplement)

I've tried installing without the NVdarwin but in that case the computer boots up and after the white apple loading both monitors turn off from no input from the graphics card. Any suggestions?

This release recognizes my CPU randomly... The problem is that 2.29 is not real speed but when I start the OS it works on 2.29 instead of 3.06... And I have problem with Logic...it runs too slow.How Can I resolve this problem?

I used once this GenericCPUPMcontrol and may be after that the system cannot boot in real speed...

post-323489-1236419497_thumb.png

This release recognizes my CPU randomly... The problem is that 2.29 is not real speed but when I start the OS it works on 2.29 instead of 3.06... And I have problem with Logic...it runs too slow.How Can I resolve this problem?

I used once this GenericCPUPMcontrol and may be after that the system cannot boot in real speed...

Use VoodooPower instead of GenericCPUPMControl, it is newer and better.

I have tried this release but i get stuck at Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleHIDKeyboard" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0

and a minute later

still waiting for root device

I have apples original keyboard and I think its weird that it does not work. I don't own any other keyboards and therefore i don't have anything else to try with. how should i fix this?

I have tried this release but i get stuck at Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleHIDKeyboard" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0

and a minute later

still waiting for root device

I have apples original keyboard and I think its weird that it does not work. I don't own any other keyboards and therefore i don't have anything else to try with. how should i fix this?

Keyboard should work... it just uses version 6 because explicit dependency isn't set in the Info.plist... no problem there.

The main problem is your HD/DVD-ROM controller...

That is why you get "still waiting for root device"...

Check your hardware ATA/SATA controller...

Driver can be integrated into disc if needed...

Keyboard should work... it just uses version 6 because explicit dependency isn't set in the Info.plist... no problem there.

The main problem is your HD/DVD-ROM controller...

That is why you get "still waiting for root device"...

Check your hardware ATA/SATA controller...

Driver can be integrated into disc if needed...

thank you! ill check on that tomorrow! its weird because i get the kalyway 10.5.2 disk to work. i must have missed something. I have a Samsung Sata DVD-player in my computer. what in the list should i chose to get it to work?

thank you! ill check on that tomorrow! its weird because i get the kalyway 10.5.2 disk to work. i must have missed something. I have a Samsung Sata DVD-player in my computer. what in the list should i chose to get it to work?

That's the drive... what is the chipset used for SATA?

That is the important thing...

I'm having an odd problem, and either I'm the only one having it, or I can't seem to find the right search string to pick it out.

I'm trying to upgrade to 10.5.6, but I'm having an issue with OSX recognizing my PCI express ethernet card (a rosewill RC401-EX with the Marvel 88E8053 chip that should be natively recognized by osx). In my .5 installation, I installed the card, and it recognized it, and just started working perfectly, but on my test drive, when I install .6 via Ideneb 1.4, the system doesn't even see the card. I've installed with the Voodoo Kernel, and with the default vanilla kernel with the same results. My two onboard ethernet cards are detected, but they don't work properly with OSX, hence the reason I got the Rosewill card in the first place. I have tried installing the Marvel drivers, and not installing them, same issue. Everything else works perfectly, but I just can't get this the ethernet working.

Any help, or pointers would be much appreciated. My system specs are in my sig.

This is the first OS X release where everything works "out of the box" for me. It worked on the first installation attempt as well.

Selected NVDarwin and ALC888 in the installer. After the installation OS X booted without any errors and everything works.

Using the hardware below:

Any suggestions for my blue screen problem? Oh and My kernel choice was of course the 9.5.0 voodoo

Hey fixed it. I found it was a local problem with the voodoo 9.5 kernel and my hardware. I tried the AnV kernel and it also had the same issue. But with 9.2.0 netkas speedstep it works no problem!

Amit Meena I have the same problems with you with the 1.4 edtion..My 1.3 was working excellently with no crashes but the current crashes randomly, when opening safari, when opening the system profiler..I don't know what is the matter..Hoping that we 'll find the answer or I will move back to 1.3.

I have tried about everything on this distro on my HP DC7700, I had no issues with USB Keyboard and mouse with V1.3 but with v1.4 I have no USB keyboard or mouse, so what changed ?