PowerManagement (with ACPI Support) Software Release

keithpk

437 posts in this topic

I own an IBM ThinkPad R51. I installed Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 yesterday and I'm now trying to fix a few issues (see that dedicated topic).

I'm trying to fix the Power Management and therefore followed this topic. I updated my PowerManagement.bundle, on reboot it worked (I had the battery metter working) but I tried to suspend it and it crashed. On next boot it was sooo slow it became unusable. I'm now booting on the Installation DVD in order to recover the original PowerManagement.bundle.

Any help about one or several of my other issues are welcome on the related topic though! ;)

Update 1:

I launched the Terminal from the Installation DVD and figured out that my PowerManagement.bundle wasn't owned by root:wheel, so I did: chown -R root:wheel PowerManagement.bundle/. There was also a @ at the end of the chmod that I didn't understand but after reboot, the battery display works again.

I can close the screen and re-open it, the computer still works. But it doesn't turn off itself as I requested in the Power Saving settings.

Suspend mode still crashes the computer.

• 2 weeks later...
Unless there is something else I need to do other than getting this PowerManagement bundle into the SystemConfiguration directory and rebooting, I haven't been able to get this to work. I see no battery icon and my laptop behaves in whatever mode it booted in i.e. if the AC power was plugged in on boot it will operate at full speed and if it is not plugged in it will operate at much lower speed. I have a Dell 710M running an Intel Pentium-M 755. Any ideas why this is not working?

Thanks,

codeattack

Same problem. I cannot figure out what to do.

Some one, any1 give me some help?

also i'm getting a permission conflict when replacing.

Can you help me I have iatkos v1.0i and it doesn't show my battery my computer is an HP Pavilion dv6000

I tried to do what you say but I can't because it says that i don't have privileges to do that and Im the only user

and admistrador so what can I do...............

thanks in advance.........

post-186283-1203057732_thumb.png

Can you help me I have iatkos v1.0i and it doesn't show my battery my computer is an HP Pavilion dv6000

I tried to do what you say but I can't because it says that i don't have privileges to do that and Im the only user

and admistrador so what can I do...............

thanks in advance.........

remove the original bundle first then copy the patched bundle into the folder

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking OLDER versions of this fix ... (without power-saving measures) for testing, can someone put me in the right track....thanks.

Hey Everyone,

So here is the final version of my PowerManagement.bundle with debug messages removed. For people who are interested in the discussion that occured during the development of this driver, please refer to: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...237&hl=2200

Thanks to everyone's help in the original thread for their comments/questions/suggestions, as well as their help testing.

Hi keithpk,

Would like to add my thanks to the growing list of successful patchers.

Patch working with my Sony Vaio VGN-A117s laptop.

Thanks again - Shemozzle.

I get 'No batteries available' on my Acer Aspire 3050.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks to everyone's help in the original thread for their comments/questions/suggestions, as well as their help testing.

Hi keithpk,

Would like to add my thanks to the growing list of successful patchers.

Patch working with my Sony Vaio VGN-A117s laptop.

Thanks again - Shemozzle.

I was wondering if someone could help advise me. I have 10.5.1 Kalyway installed on Compaq 8240. Most things work OK except I get a strange problem when booting without having the power plugged in. When I boot on battery, the finder loses its mind and I get the spinning beachball and the finder becomes unresponsive. I have to do a hard reset to get it out of it .. can't terminate task from terminal or activity monitor etc ..

When I boot with power supply, everything is fine. If I pull the power supply after booting and happen to be running music in iTunes, the music gets really choppy!

I installed the bundle in this thread. It got me my power icon back. When I try to play with the settings for power in Energy Saver app, it won't save. The Power Adapter is set to custom and the Battery is set to normal mode and I cannot change them. I also deleted the appleintelCPUPowerManagement.kext but no change. It just seems like because the modes are different for power adapter and Battery mode, they act differently but I can't change the settings .. even when I hit the lock/unlock and type in my password.

Any help someone could offer would be greatly appreciated! This and the Intel 2200BG wireless are the only things that don't work right so I can't operate in wireless laptop mode.

Thanks!

Edit ... may have something to do with speedstep after searching around more... will update what I find ...thanks!

Well .. I managed to solve the issue. It WAS indeed speedstep that was locking things up. I had to reinstall cuz I tried to update to 10.5.2 (should have known better). but all is working nicely! So if you have weird issues with locking up on battery mode you know what to do! What a wonderful site this is! Love it! Now I just need to get my wireless working :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I was wondering if someone could help advise me. I have 10.5.1 Kalyway installed on Compaq 8240. Most things work OK except I get a strange problem when booting without having the power plugged in. When I boot on battery, the finder loses its mind and I get the spinning beachball and the finder becomes unresponsive. I have to do a hard reset to get it out of it .. can't terminate task from terminal or activity monitor etc ..

When I boot with power supply, everything is fine. If I pull the power supply after booting and happen to be running music in iTunes, the music gets really choppy!

I installed the bundle in this thread. It got me my power icon back. When I try to play with the settings for power in Energy Saver app, it won't save. The Power Adapter is set to custom and the Battery is set to normal mode and I cannot change them. I also deleted the appleintelCPUPowerManagement.kext but no change. It just seems like because the modes are different for power adapter and Battery mode, they act differently but I can't change the settings .. even when I hit the lock/unlock and type in my password.

Any help someone could offer would be greatly appreciated! This and the Intel 2200BG wireless are the only things that don't work right so I can't operate in wireless laptop mode.

Thanks!

Edit ... may have something to do with speedstep after searching around more... will update what I find ...thanks!

Well .. I managed to solve the issue. It WAS indeed speedstep that was locking things up. I had to reinstall cuz I tried to update to 10.5.2 (should have known better). but all is working nicely! So if you have weird issues with locking up on battery mode you know what to do! What a wonderful site this is! Love it! Now I just need to get my wireless working :)

What exactly did you do with Speedstep? My laptop (dell Inspiron 700m) does not have any settings in the bios to turn off/on speedstep. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've been having a problem with my Dell MacIntel laptop not recovering from sleep (after installing PowerManagement bundle). In fact, knowing remaining battery power is not important to me - putting the thing to sleep and having it recover is far more useful. I have 10.4.8 Jas installed on a Dell Latitude C840.

So, I was wondering whether there is a solution to this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

G.

installed.. nothing happened... ((

HP 530 notebook

I replaced this bundle. Yet no battery meter shows up. The system is still detecting AC Power. What am i missing?
same here... HP 530... iatkos v1.0r2

• 2 weeks later...
installed.. nothing happened... ((

HP 530 notebook

same here... HP 530... iatkos v1.0r2

exact same case, not one thing changed... i saw another forum that mentioned adding a .kext file on top of another, but the kext that was supposed to be there was no where to be found.

gateway m-series with kalyway 10.5.2

• 2 weeks later...