PowerManagement (with ACPI Support) Software Release

keithpk

437 posts in this topic

it doesent refresh the % here ... but thanx !!! so far it works

Well, I don't know why it doesn't work.

Well, I'm under OSX 1.5.1 by kalyway with the EFI et vanilla. Maybe it explains why it works for me...

No dice for me, got a dell d630, no battery indicator.

I saw that you aren't under 10.5.1 by kalyway. Perhaps some kexts differs. I suppose that's why it doesn't work for you.

Well, I think I have the solution.

You need

- iatkos 1.0i DVD OR AppleACPIPlatform driver from this DVD.

- PowerManagement package which is on this topic.

So, now, Let's Go

1st)

BACKUP /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

BACKUP /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle

2nd)

COPY the iAtkos AppleACPIPlatform to /System/Library/Extensions/ - override existing file

COPY the PowerManagement from this topic to /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/ - override existing file

3rd)

REMOVE /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

4th)

REBOOT

If it fails, or, kernel panic, start with -s command and restore the original files

I have joined the iatkos AppleACPIPlatform :thumbsup_anim:

Didn't work for me. All I get is a KP and I can't boot with -s to restore the original files. System: Acer Aspire 5920G with Kalyway 10.5.1 MBR+EFI.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Well, I don't know why it doesn't work.

Well, I'm under OSX 1.5.1 by kalyway with the EFI et vanilla. Maybe it explains why it works for me...

I saw that you aren't under 10.5.1 by kalyway. Perhaps some kexts differs. I suppose that's why it doesn't work for you.

it works but it doesent refresh itsself. im on kaly with stock kernel too ... need to klick the battery indicator and select "percent" to refresh the statur manuelly ...

it works but it doesent refresh itsself. im on kaly with stock kernel too ... need to klick the battery indicator and select "percent" to refresh the statur manuelly ...

Well, try to repair permissions. If it doesn't work, restore the old kexts, repair permissions remove extensions.mkext and reboot. Then try to redo the operation I have posted. If it still doesn't work, I don't know why. Maybe another kext which conflicts with the powermanagement or the hardware which differs.

Well, I think I have the solution.

You need

- iatkos 1.0i DVD OR AppleACPIPlatform driver from this DVD.

- PowerManagement package which is on this topic.

So, now, Let's Go

1st)

BACKUP /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

BACKUP /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle

2nd)

COPY the iAtkos AppleACPIPlatform to /System/Library/Extensions/ - override existing file

COPY the PowerManagement from this topic to /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/ - override existing file

3rd)

REMOVE /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

4th)

REBOOT

If it fails, or, kernel panic, start with -s command and restore the original files

I have joined the iatkos AppleACPIPlatform :(

Wow gota try this tonight. I`m on Dell E1505 With Kal EFI vanilla lets see. Thanks for the tip and upload.

will this work with iAtkos Vanilla Kernel and EFI emulation? I thought there were some compatibility issues with the power management for laptops.

I have a HP Pavillion Dv6000

Duo 1.86

160GB

DVD burner

Wireless works

LAN works

Sound works---sort of

No media reader

thanks in advance for the reply.

DRE

i also used the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the iatkos disc. Thanks for the tip. Battery meter and power management options are now available.

I have tested this under the EFI stock kernel and yes, whilst the Battery meter will work, the Power Management options do not function properly.

For example: if you set 'Never' for all the sliders in the Energy preferences, it will still only use the default time-out of 'Normal'

So, as it stands, we still do not have a fully functional PowerManagement bundle ;)

so this *sort of* works under leo 10.5.1 in that it displays the icon but, as stated earlier, none of the settings can be changed and... most distressingly... it causes wifi to continually disconnect and reconnect, this last problem is the one that caused me to revert to the non-icon version. any hope of a fix.

(using dell inspiron 6000 with kalyway 10.5.1)

I tested the package not using the vanilla kernel and I get KP. The weird thing is the kernel panic is caused by the package looking in the wrong place for another package. I'm gonna take a look inside the package later when I get my Mac OSX back online and see if I can fix something. Otherwise the powermanagement that came default with Kalyway's release seems to work fine, just no battery monitor.

so this *sort of* works under leo 10.5.1 in that it displays the icon but, as stated earlier, none of the settings can be changed and... most distressingly... it causes wifi to continually disconnect and reconnect, this last problem is the one that caused me to revert to the non-icon version. any hope of a fix.

(using dell inspiron 6000 with kalyway 10.5.1)

yo, I have the same problem but only get disconnected with I mess with the powermanagement settings. otherwise, once the wireless is back it's stable. your's is doing this constantly?

well, hopefully the guru's will find a solution for the powermanagement dilemma or it solves itself out.

This happens to be as well. Also I have noticed that if i try to make a change to the settings it ceases to update correctly. If I just leave it alone it refreshes correctly. Also when I try to make changes to it I lose my Wifi connection as well.

I've got a kalyway 10.5.1 with EFI and vanilla kernel. Everything works except the battery indicator.

I tried the powermanagementbundle but there's no effects.

Then, I tried to use the AppleACPIPlatform.kext of Iaktos + the bundle and the only effect is that the sleep function just shut the screen.

So, I returned to original ACPI and the sleep function re-works.

If someone have an idea ?

Ps: I'm french sorry for my poor english :(

my os is leopard 10.5.1 hack by kalyway, i dont know why powermanagementbundle dont working. i moved it into System/Library/SystemCongiguration and chmod 755, but i dont see it work. I tried with leopard 10.5 hack by Toh my system working. So i want it work on my os, what can i do? Thanks for all help.

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio SZ4 XWN/C currently runing Iatkos v.1.0i in a triple boot setup with Vista Business (work) and Gentoo Linux.

Installation was no harder then a gentoo installation from stage 1 with hash style linking ^^

Im currently trying to find out why the PowerManagment fix posted in this forum as a sticky isnt working for me.

Setup:

iAtkos v.1.0i with:

Stock Kernel,

Efi-Emulation,

Stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Then i went through the guide (Step by step, several times), but i get error on boot:

Kernel Panic

"Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SouceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.0.2/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1378

This looks loke a cpp runtime error to me, dont know about the internals however.

I had to use macdrice to revert back to stock acpiplatform.kext.

Whats wrong?

Well !! for me also it was not easy to get battery icon :) using Kalway10.5.1 . I used iAtkos AppleACPIPlatform.kext and new Powermanagment.bundle. I know most of u guys must be facing kernel panic but if u use -f on boot prompt then hopefully , it will work. Atleast its working for me. I using ViaoFE45G and battery type is PNP0C0A.

Im attaching the files Im using.

Enjoy..

Battary_10.5.1.zip