PowerManagement (with ACPI Support) Software Release

keithpk

437 posts in this topic

Can someone help me please, in my Toshiba Satellite Pro L20, the battery meter stays at 0% and shows "calculating". I have an Intel Pentium M on a centrino chipset.

Thanks!

I replaced this bundle. Yet no battery meter shows up. The system is still detecting AC Power. What am i missing? Kalyways 10.5.1. hp dv9260us

installed.. nothing happened... ((

HP 530 notebook

same here... HP 530... iatkos v1.0r2

It's not working here.

Toshiba U200

didnt work on my hp nx6110 - leo 10.5.1

Look my solution

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=110606

yes, version of PowerManagement.bundle from (or before) 2008-06-15 works fine on Leo v10.5.1 for Samsung R20 (Core2-Duo) based on ATI chipset x1250 (aka AMD 690g).

thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Everyone,

So here is the final version of my PowerManagement.bundle with debug messages removed. For people who are interested in the discussion that occured during the development of this driver, please refer to: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...237&hl=2200

Overview:

This PowerManagement.bundle fixes many of the issues that people were having with displaying battery time remaining on laptop systems. As many of you already know, Apple is using many of the advanced features of Intels new Core Duo architecture. One of these is the power management features. Therefore, much of the code was not written to support power management on older (ACPI-based) systems. This new bundles basically, adds support for detecting and retriving information from batteries registered using ACPI.

Who Should Use It:

Really this should only affect people who are using laptop systems, as there really aren't any power management features on a desktop. If you are having problems getting time remaining calculations to display properly I recomend trying this new bundle. If you are not having any problems, you are welcome to try it out anyways, but I really see no reason to. In designing the new ACPI support I tried to leave the existing functionality as intact as possible, therefore, I am sort of curious about whether I succeded. Therefore, if someone would like to try installing this on a working systems, I would be interested in hearing how it worked. (However backup your old bundle just in case.)

Installation:

1. Download the PowerManagement.tar.gz file below to your favorite location

2. Un-archive the files. This will leave you with a PowerManagement.bundle

3. Navigate to: /System/Library/SystemConfiguration

4. (Optional) Backup your old PowerManagement.bundle

5. Copy (drag-n-drop) the new bundle into the SystemConfiguration folder

6. When the dialog box pops up, select authenticate and type your admin password

7. Reboot

8. (Optional) For those of you who helped with testing the debug release, please delete /var/log/PM.log

Additionally, for those of you who are interested, source code of the changes has been provided as well.

Thanks to everyone's help in the original thread for their comments/questions/suggestions, as well as their help testing.

It just gave me my battery icon back n my taskbar Thank you :-)

Hi

When I install the powermanagement.bundle I could not boot my leo with the default kernel (mach) . It hangs up when the grey apple appears. When I boot with sleep kernel leo starts but all is VERY slow.

What did I wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Now appears my battery indicator! =)

Does anyone know if there is setting up something so that the pc battery last longer? My battery lasts no more than one hour in mac, and on windows it lasts more than 2 hours and 30min.

Sorry about my poor english!

I thank any help!

• 5 weeks later...

hey,

just installed the PowerManagement.bundle....my battery works fine now, but i cant showdown automaticly anymore ;)

if i want to shutdown...it takes a while...then there's a msg, telling me that i have to hold the poweroff button for a few secs, then the system is going down....before i installed the powermanagement.bundle it was shutingdown correctly.

i searched a bit and found that pkg called "vanilla_acpi_fix"...installed it...but no changes :D

any suggestions to fix that??? sleep and rebooting are causing problems, too (since installation of powermanagement.bundle)

thanks...

greets,

robert

• 2 weeks later...
i can see the battery meter now, but it doesn't seem to automatically update the percentages or time? i guess it should do?

toshiba equium a100-337

kalyway 10.5.2

any idea's

thanks in advance!

Look here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=126888

Its easy, just install and reboot and all are ok. Work with percentage and time. Tested by me in Toshiba satellite A100 with iATKOS 10.5.4.

• 2 weeks later...

The link posted by Macmuslim above worked for me. HP 530 laptop, 1.6Ghz Celeron. Simple install, reboot, then I have power icon in top bar giving me battery life in time and percentage okay.

Am slowly ticking off the missing pieces now; only graphics drivers and Broadcom 4315 wifi to go and I end up with a £260 alternative to a Macbook (okay, not quite the same CPU power, but hey...).

Thanks to all who posted in this thread.

Discy

• 2 weeks later...