PowerManagement (with ACPI Support) Software Release

keithpk

437 posts in this topic

Hello to everybody

I have a stupid question: why MAC OS 10.4.9 & 10.4.10 you made for SSE3 CPUs only? If you can’t fit drivers for all soft, put it in one ISO file anyway. Or put all applications like iPhoto & iCal to another DVD image. Everybody will easily figure out how to install them manually. People who want to install MAC OS on regular computer can’t afford latest hardware usually. Why did you remove from latest images support for a lot of hardware?

For example: image with kernel made 5.26.2005 7.44MB supports my keyboard & touchpad in PCG-V505AX. But image 10.4.8 with kernel made 12.10.2006 3.96MB doesn’t support it (this kernel has 0x003A8D2F trouble on PCG-V505AX & MSI 865GM2 also).

I hope that everybody understand, that Vista really sucks & a lot of people looking for alternative OS for their computers.

I will be happy if your MAC OS support the same hardware as Ubuntu.

It’s very sad, that a lot of people have troubles with “unable to find driver for this platform: “ACPI”, 0x003A8D22F. It looks like almost everybody has this trouble. I tried to install JaS on both my computers with the same result.

!!!ATTENTION!!!

I found one installation image, which you can install if you have the same trouble:

I downloaded it on eMule file name is: Mac Os X 10.4 Tiger For Intel X86, Bootable And Installable.iso File size is: 4.192.384KB You can download it & I will help you as much as I can – I will share it on my computer. But it sucks to have 10.4.1…

But anyway, I’m so happy that you try to help people…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
works great here on my dell e1505 with gma950 and BrazilMacs installation route. only thing that doesn't work is sleep.

Same here works with TOH release, but no sleep and monitor doesnt shut off. ;)

Any one with a Sleep/ Screen off Solution. Would make everything work 100% :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Could you make a modification to source code and rebuild the bundle, please (I can't build it with Xcode 2.5 or 2.4) ?

The change is on the file PrivateLib.c at line 226 (add this statement):

temp &= ~0x80;  // my battery shows 1 when AC not connected
                     // 0x80 when fully charged and 0x82 when charging

Or could you teach us how to rebuild the PowerManagement.bundle with XCode 2.4 or 2.5 ?

Hi,

i cannot change battery settings too, though I can change AC settings and it saves its (AC) settings. The only problem is for battery (not saving changes putting itself in "normal" mode ... perhaps it may be possible to change normal mode to my own adjustment . Any clue where "Battery" profiles are stored ? It's a huge problem since my notebook does not go in sleep mode and normal forces to go into sleep mode after 10 minutes. Instead "sleep" with leopard , computer freezes and i need to shutdown it and reboot . If anyone has a solution ...

Thanks,

Mal

The bundle works with Leopard!

However when you use this bundle, Network Identification on a lan doesnt perform right!

Strange isn it?

Maybe its compiled under different Xcode!

Can anyone double check it??

I have a mac and i cant see the computer name of my Hakintosh laptop on the shared sidebar under a lan workgroup....

However when i use original bundle problem is solved!

Weird!

I have 10.5.1 and I cant get the battery icon to show at all. It does seem to sleep sorta (depends on how its invoked) but sometimes it will not come out of it and I have to restart. Monitor does turn off like I set it. I have tried a couple of times to get this to work without and luck. Even slimbattreymonitor will not work for me. Its there but never shows an icon so I cant see my battery info. Makes sense though it pulls the data from the same place apples default icon does so since it wont work neither will slimbattreymonitor.

pel0nman you mentioned having to show hide an icon and I cant find anywhere you can do that in Leopard.

Hope there is a update for full leopard support soon.