Good News: 10.4.6 Myzar V2

zico

97 posts in this topic

To add to the list of crashing apps, Adium is continually {censored}ting the bed for me now, Rosetta app.

i thought Adium was Unversal now. but saying that has crashed on me a couple of time since doing the Update.

Myzar would it be possible to make a patch for the original 10.4.4 restore disc that does it to 10.4.6 with AppleVIAATA.kext loading during istall as well so my SATA would work with the installer? I am reinstalling my 10.4.4 install now then my 10.4.5 upgrade Maxxuss method now.. would be greatly appreciated. and thank you for helping us all out like this

Just to ask, you are using it with an nForce?

If so, that could be an bad idea, as the AppleVIAATA kext is unstable and could corrupt all the data in the SATA drive.

Just imagine to your greatest horror when OSX86 is installed.. and you realise that your entire SATA drive has been wiped clean. :star_smile:

Yeah boss my OS is hosed atm , no apps other then music and web pretty much.

Thank goodness I only really use it as a media box but still would like to have my photoshop back.

Any way to revert back to 10.4.5? , If so I need to know how exactly.

Thx

Is there anyway to undo a 10.4.6 install back to 10.4.5 without formatting hard drive?

I have a {censored} load of mp3's in my library of itunes.

I have the installer cd , can I just install like before?

Thanks

Install first the 10.4.3 8f1111 (or earlier to 10.4.1). These DVDs has the option "Archive and install", then upgrade to 10.4.4/10.4.5. I dunno other option.

Ty! :blink:

I upgrade from myzar 10.4.5 installer DVDs and it can boot into os x but i have only black mouse pointer and interrupt GUi , seem like it is problem from OpenGL

my conf.

Pentium D 805 , Asus P5DL2-VM 945G , GMA950

Installed the patch on Myzar 10.4.5 installation without problem. But it killed Microsoft Network ( samba ) now.

Can't access any samba shares .

It list well the shares while connecting to a server , but when logon something goes wrong.

Cheers

This same broblem on Intel Rosetta doesn't work. Samba too. I don't copy any files just upgrade from myzar 10.4.5 install with 10.4.6 myzar patch

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Microsoft Word[315] Launch failed with error code -2807 (cfragUnresolvedErr) for application -psn_0_3670017

I resolved my problem reverting 10.4.5 Frameworks form my backup

Ok i've pulled it until i'll figure out what's causing ppc/rosetta apps to {censored} out

Myzar, it looks like the "Application Services Framework" folder is the problem with the version2 update.

Replaced version2 "Application Services Framework" folder with version1.

Toast PPC app installed and running.

My steps:

1.Myzar 10.4.5 install

2.Myzar 10.4.6 update version2

3.Replaced "Application Services Framework" folder

Also, for those that update directly from 10.4.5 to 10.4.6 version2, after rebooting, if you get a black screen

with horizontal lines, the problem is the "GL Engine Bundle" resource, located within the OpenGL Framework resource folder.

Replace that file with a earlier version. I believe I used the one from 10.4.5 or 10.4.6 update1.

kaos

Hi, I installed in on my 10.4.5 Myz installation. At first I didn't noticed any problems but this morning when I tried Excel and word (and later other apps) I get the carbonlib launch failure... I can't launch fireworks 8, or skype.. but I can launch VLC (PPC version)...

Is there a way to revert the installation without having to run the DVD? I mean, I had to use vmware to install because of my PATA system. and now I don't have winxp anymore because I could only use a destructive installation method. Now if I want winxp i would have to remove osx... and that would be a great hassle...

I am using an Abit board. I use AppleVIAATA.kext and have never had any problems. would be greatly appreciated if the next installer patch had i included during install and installed it also if the patch could be for the original restore disc. for all those ou there that hav it and not he myzar release. I removed it because it would not install on my machine without the AppleVIAATA.kext loading.

Just to confirm , replacing application services framework from my working 10.4.6 myzar install with jas 10.4.6 ppf fixed rossetta for me , I am using the semjaza decrypts now but I beleive they are what you used aswell myzar, the 1.2 version.

just letting you know.

:)

how I can turn on the PCMCIA services? this update killed it

You might try replacing IOPCIFamily.kext with the 10.4.4 version (1.8), that's what i did and again have a working PCCard slot.

I'm going to try replacing ApplicationServices as well.

Just to confirm , replacing application services framework from my working 10.4.6 myzar install with jas 10.4.6 ppf fixed rossetta for me , I am using the semjaza decrypts now but I beleive they are what you used aswell myzar, the 1.2 version.

just letting you know.

:(

I did something similar, but more precise:

replace "CarbonCore.Framework" located in /system/library/frameworks/CoreServices.framework

I replaced with the 10.4.5 version and works, I was able to install windows Media Player and Office 2004.