Final solution (FIX) for GMA950 Desktop edition - NEW 28 DEC 08

Dr. Hurt

486 posts in this topic

have you tried the file roisoft modded for me?

the eject_dsdt attachment, somewhere on page 2

i use actually a ecs 95gct-m2/1333 rev1.0

Eject... I can confirm that the modded DSDT riosoft made for you also works on the ECS 945GCT-M 1333 ver.3 board as well. haven't tried in on a widescreen LCD but multiple resolutions now are working up to 1280 x 1024 on standard 19" LCD. I hope and assume widescreen settings like 1400x900 and 1680x1050 will also work.

Neb...I set that pull down to standard but I was looking for a more permanent solution (something in the user control panel) seems to go back to outline view as the default view option upon subsequent visits to the forum.

Hi again Dr. Hurt and roisoft

I want to share, a dsdt.aml for the Intel D945GTPLR. Special thanks to pere & roisoft for your guides. Thanks Dr. Hurt for sharing the GA-945GCM-S2C, I almost lost my faith in the GMA950, I really apreciate your work. We are hardware twins :D .

Just & only for D945GTPLR_dsdt.zip try it at your own risk!

Gracias pere y roisoft por éste y otros desarrollos al DSDT, y por supuesto, gracias a ambos por las guías en español.

Link to roisoft & pere guides in spanish:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=952603

OcciJano

I tried to use the dsdt on a D945GCLF and now is not booting anymore. I Think that I need to reinstall all system from scratch. Can anyone make a dsdt modified for D945GCLF or post a detailed guide?

You may be able to use terminal to delete the DSDT file from your root. Thats what I did because it would NOT boot and it would get stuck at the apple logo grey screen. If this is what you mean by not being able to boot you can still save your install by booting with an install disk (i used a boot 132 cd then put in the retail 10.5 dvd) and then when the languages screen comes up click your language and on the very next screen you can launch terminal from the utilities menu at the top. once you have terminal open you need to cd /Volumes/the_drivename_that_DSDT.aml_is_on and then run rm ./DSDT.aml to delete it. Then you should be able to boot again. you can also use the ls -l to list the drives' contents so you can make sure it got deleted. Be careful when in terminal and execute at your own risk.

have you tried the file roisoft modded for me?

the eject_dsdt attachment, somewhere on page 2

i use actually a ecs 95gct-m2/1333 rev1.0

DSDT TimeMachine glitch. Not sure if this happened to anyone else. "User: Eject" maybe you can test since we have similar boards. Using the modded DSDT.aml file for the ECS 945 type board it did indeed fix the GMA issues lack of resolutions and tearing artifacting ect. But when I went to run TimeMachine it gave the error "Time Machine could not be configured. The built in network interface could not be found." I re moved DSDT.aml and Time Machine worked again as normal. Anyone else seeing this glitch with using DSDT?

Sorry :s Yeah, When I bought my monitor the video cable was missing from the packaging, as it was a display model (I chose to go for ex display because it was much cheaper and I am a poor student). The cable the shop gave me was a cheap and nasty cable, but seemed to work. I noticed on my MacBook it wouldn't detect the resolution properly, so I always assumed it wasn't such a great monitor. Any, to cut a long story short, I decided to switch the video cable around for one i found in my attic. And there we go, it worked! seemed to be down to the crappy video cable.

Interestingly, I have to unplug my monitor for 10 seconds, and re-plug it in for my OSX to boot (show the login screen). If I do not do this, it hangs at the blue screen (before the login window). Otherwise, this works perfectly!

It looks like I need to recompile my own DSDT in order to get my TimeMachine working correctly. With the DSDT.aml file riosoft made for eject and I'm using it as well Time Machine is getting "Time Machine could not be configured. The built-in network interface could not be found." When I take out the DSDT.aml from the boot partition, TM works as before. Attached is my dsdt.aml I tried decompiling and adding the modded source text file but getting over 200 errors upon trying to recompile so obviously I've reached the limits of my understanding on how to do this correctly. Looking for good citizen at this point to help it along.

dsdt.aml.zip

You may be able to use terminal to delete the DSDT file from your root. Thats what I did because it would NOT boot and it would get stuck at the apple logo grey screen. If this is what you mean by not being able to boot you can still save your install by booting with an install disk (i used a boot 132 cd then put in the retail 10.5 dvd) and then when the languages screen comes up click your language and on the very next screen you can launch terminal from the utilities menu at the top. once you have terminal open you need to cd /Volumes/the_drivename_that_DSDT.aml_is_on and then run rm ./DSDT.aml to delete it. Then you should be able to boot again. you can also use the ls -l to list the drives' contents so you can make sure it got deleted. Be careful when in terminal and execute at your own risk.

I have a little problem, if I boot with Installation DVD and delete DSDT.aml I think that my system still will not boot because I am under 10.5.6

I have a little problem, if I boot with Installation DVD and delete DSDT.aml I think that my system still will not boot because I am under 10.5.6

you don't know that before you haven't tried it, mine will boot without dsdt under 10.5.6

did your system boot before with another dsdt? the replace it with the one that worked. or didn't you even had 10.5.6 before you tried it with one of the dsdts in this topic? you should always try everthing out on a different install then the one you use to work with. this only costs about 10gb in a other partition (given that your home folder is on a third one) and a quick dump from carbon copy. i always have to identically (cloned) installas on my hdd, i waste one and then eplace it with a clone from the working one.

Interestingly, I have to unplug my monitor for 10 seconds, and re-plug it in for my OSX to boot (show the login screen). If I do not do this, it hangs at the blue screen (before the login window). Otherwise, this works perfectly!

That is EXACTLY what I had to do :blink: I suggest you switch video cables and see if it solves your problem. Unless your video cable is embedded in the monitor, in which case that's a bit of an issue.. :s Out of interest, on the cable that didn't work, it seemed to have a pin missing, does your cable have a pin missing? or are some cables just like that? (see picture i posted a few pages back to see what I mean)

Hello Guys,

my name is markus i am from germany. Started yesterday morning install leo retail on my desktop.

Now i got it with the knowlage of this nice forum and i want say thanks for your work!

My first try was with ideneb 10.5.4. but i got the resolution problem with my GMA 945GM.

After a long night i installed leo approx. 7 times in different ways to fix sound and grafics. The latest problem was

afther install dsdt.aml vers.3 , Leo hangs on bootscreen with apple.

The solution was my Leo Retail DVD is from the very first relaese of LEO, guess 10.5.1 so your patches didnt work for me.

Now after make a system software upgrade to 10.5.6 and using the DSDT after that everything is fine!

Only one small point is open now:

The HDMI Port is not working , blue screen afther boot.

With VGA Analog the machine boots fine.

THANKS AGAIN FROM GOOD OLD GERMANY!

Markus

And update on my networking problems. With the DSDT I have everything working and the ethernet interface even reports that it is active. It broadcasts just enough packets to show up as a generic bonjour mac (generic monitor icon). I cannot connect to the computer via AFP/FTP/VNC and the computer does not receive any info via DHCP. Console reports "Intel82557: chip reset" repeatedly.

If DSDT is removed I have network, but GL applications cause kernel panics, I have mouse tearing, no resolution change, etc.

Like before I have an Intel 82562v and any help would be appreciated.

Hi again Dr. Hurt and roisoft

I want to share, a dsdt.aml for the Intel D945GTPLR. Special thanks to pere & roisoft for your guides. Thanks Dr. Hurt for sharing the GA-945GCM-S2C, I almost lost my faith in the GMA950, I really apreciate your work. We are hardware twins :( .

Just & only for D945GTPLR_dsdt.zip try it at your own risk!

Gracias pere y roisoft por éste y otros desarrollos al DSDT, y por supuesto, gracias a ambos por las guías en español.

Link to roisoft & pere guides in spanish:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=952603

OcciJano

So I have a D945GCNL motherboard and this DSDT worked for me. I had one already working but decided to try this one to get the gma950 working without patches see pics for results. Can anyone see something odd in the loaded kexts pic ? :)

Thanks for the dsdt and also thanks to all involved in this fix.

Here is a fast xbench on the gfx

Results 240.68

System Info

Xbench Version 1.3

System Version 10.5.6 (9G55)

Physical RAM 2048 MB

Model MacBookPro4,1

Drive Type ST3120023A ST3120023A

Quartz Graphics Test 199.77

Line 229.32 15.27 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 190.62 56.91 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 182.72 14.89 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 134.18 3.38 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 400.58 25.06 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 289.45

Spinning Squares 289.45 367.19 frames/sec

User Interface Test 249.75

Elements 249.75 1.15 Krefresh/sec

post-1227-1231291336_thumb.png

post-1227-1231291342_thumb.png

JaS

Wow! Strange... isn't it?

Leopard 10.5.5                                Tiger 10.4.11

post-100500-1231304836_thumb.png post-100500-1231304871_thumb.png

Results 112.25

System Info

Xbench Version 1.3

System Version 10.5.5 (9F33)

Physical RAM 2048 MB

Model

Drive Type ST3120022A ST3120022A

Quartz Graphics Test 184.95

Line 236.22 15.73 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 179.00 53.44 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 176.67 14.40 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 121.05 3.05 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 303.74 19.00 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 252.29

Spinning Squares 252.29 320.05 frames/sec

User Interface Test 177.04

Elements 177.04 812.50 refresh/sec

Could you post your DSDT?

The GMAX3100 kext will automatically unload after a few minutes. That always happens even without the DSDT patch. It's normal.

@OrangeJuice:

I think I know how to fix your problem. I'll release a new version If I have time.

Edit:

Here's the new version that should fix your network issue, and hopefully give a performance boost.

I'm not sure about the compatibility of this. Please test it and report. :)

Edit 2: xbech 1.3 result using my pre-V4 attached below is 201.9

DSDT.aml.zip

Hi I've tried 3 of the DSDT.aml files posted in these threads with moderate success hoping someone can point me to a solution that gets me over the hump. V3 posted in the opening topic gave me a freeze at Grey Apple logo during boot. I was able to remove the DSDT.aml file by booting off an install disk and then using terminal to rm ./DSDT.aml form the specified boot partition. Then I tried DSDT.aml from both eject and OcciJano they gave me these results, it fixed GMA950 but both shutdown and Time Machine broke for me. If anyone can point me to a tutorial on modding the DSDT step by step de compile and re compile I'd appreciated it. I've used fassl's patcher to decompile my DSDT.dsl it is posted in an earlier post but I haven't been able from there to figure out how (and where) to add (paste) all the appropriate mods from the source file and then recompile it into a working DSDT.aml. Thanks.

Hi I've tried 3 of the DSDT.aml files posted in these threads with moderate success hoping someone can point me to a solution that gets me over the hump. V3 posted in the opening topic gave me a freeze at Grey Apple logo during boot. I was able to remove the DSDT.aml file by booting off an install disk and then using terminal to rm ./DSDT.aml form the specified boot partition. Then I tried DSDT.aml from both eject and OcciJano they gave me these results, it fixed GMA950 but both shutdown and Time Machine broke for me. If anyone can point me to a tutorial on modding the DSDT step by step de compile and re compile I'd appreciated it. I've used fassl's patcher to decompile my DSDT.dsl it is posted in an earlier post but I haven't been able from there to figure out how (and where) to add (paste) all the appropriate mods from the source file and then recompile it into a working DSDT.aml. Thanks.

Time machine requires a separate fix involving an EFI string for the ethernet. It causes major problems when integrated into the DSDT itself.

Shutdown problem needs openhaltrestart.kext

I'll release V4 soon, with many bug fixes and performance improvements.

Try to use the pre-V4 attached to my last post, and tell me how it goes.

hey Doc thanks for the leads on those fixes. I just tried that beta V4 release...unfortunately with the same results as the V3, hanging at the Grey Apple Logo durring boot.

What is the model of your motherboard?

Just use psystar's openhaltrestart.kext with OcciJano's DSDT.aml to fix your shutdown.

So, I tried both versions 2 and 3 on my iDeneb 10.5.5, and am still only able to choose a 1024x768 resolution, so no go. I normally have a 1440x900 resolution, the kext for it on my Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD installed and worked just fine.

I'm also trying this on a completely fresh installation. I've only installed Firefox and Kext Helper.

I'm on an Asus P5K mobo, with Intel GMA950 chipset (device ID 0x2772), dunno if this helps at all. I used Kext Helper to install the kexts, and put the DSDT.aml file in the root of my HD. I have no idea whatsoever if I'm supposed to do anything else (I'm admittedly a bit of a n00b at Mac-hacking), and I haven't the foggiest how to patch or compile my own DSDT, but any help would be immensely, greatly, and ecstatically appreciated!

If you would be so gracious as to help, please let me know if you need more info. Thanks so much in advance!

So, I tried both versions 2 and 3 on my iDeneb 10.5.5, and am still only able to choose a 1024x768 resolution, so no go. I normally have a 1440x900 resolution, the kext for it on my Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD installed and worked just fine.

I'm also trying this on a completely fresh installation. I've only installed Firefox and Kext Helper.

I'm on an Asus P5K mobo, with Intel GMA950 chipset (device ID 0x2772), dunno if this helps at all. I used Kext Helper to install the kexts, and put the DSDT.aml file in the root of my HD. I have no idea whatsoever if I'm supposed to do anything else (I'm admittedly a bit of a n00b at Mac-hacking), and I haven't the foggiest how to patch or compile my own DSDT, but any help would be immensely, greatly, and ecstatically appreciated!

If you would be so gracious as to help, please let me know if you need more info. Thanks so much in advance!

Make sure your boot loader supports DSDT override. PC-EFI V9 and a special version of chameleon support it.

If not, download it and install it from here: http://######.com/weaksauce12/?p=309

Also, I have released a V4 which is supposed to be a light version as not to interfere with anything else on the system. I have noticed better performance with it. I just hope I haven't messed this version up. Good Luck