Final solution (FIX) for GMA950 Desktop edition - NEW 28 DEC 08

Dr. Hurt

486 posts in this topic

Get PC-EFI V9 here:

http://######.com/weaksauce12/?p=309

By the way, if your not using a gigabyte board, make sure you're ready to remove the dsdt with command prompt. Intel motherboards tend to hang after boot with a panic. I think I know where the problem is.

I can't believe we've gotten this far in OSx86.

Confirmed that this won't work properly on intel motherboards. -> Use OcciJano's DSDT.aml for that!!

I also can't make a DSDT.aml that can work with all motherboards.

V4 is as universal as possible. It should work with all Gigabyte, Asus, and others. Intel has some Evil in thier mobos. LOL.

I think its time to update the first post again.

And YES, Bring on Snow Leopard. My system is finally 100% working!!

Here is dtst.aml for ASUS P5LD2-VM rev1.0

Unfortunately Dr. Hurt's universal one doesn't work on here. So I recompiled mine with Dr. Hurt's additional code.

Now stock kexts from 10.5.6 are working but screen rotation. Thanks!

I'm poking around for screen rotation.

dsdt.p5ld2_vm.zip

Here is dtst.aml for ASUS P5LD2-VM rev1.0

Unfortunately Dr. Hurt's universal one doesn't work on here. So I recompiled mine with Dr. Hurt's additional code.

Now stock kexts from 10.5.6 are working but screen rotation. Thanks!

I'm poking around for screen rotation.

V4 didn't work?! -Did you try V3?

OK, I guess I'll have to update the first post.

OK,

I updated the first post. I haven't test the instructions. If you find any mistakes, or want to make any recommendation please contact me via PM.

TY

Hello good people..

Dr. Hurt.. v3 works for me! It only adds a PCI device and it's a correct one. (check pic)

V4 gives me a kp.. check pic too.

The only problem i have is Time Machine.. that is a problem i didn't had but, i don't really know were or when it started. I don't use TM that much so, i didn't used it since 10.5.6 update but, it was working after that. Now i have to use the device string fix or i'll get "network device not found..". I did removed DSDT.aml to see if it was the cause but, problem still there. Will check again..

Not that important as long as there's a fix :D

Checked your guide.. looks pretty easy.. will give it a try soon, though the DSDT.aml i'm using (made by roisoft) works fine. I have to start messing with DSDT and these guides are a good start.

Thanks mate :(

post-291566-1231448732_thumb.png

post-291566-1231449347_thumb.jpg

Given the vast amount of differences between DSDT in different systems, and the large amount of problems people having, I thought it would be best i everyone just creates thier own DSDT.

Time Machine can be fixed either by DSDT, Kext patching, or EFI strings.

V3 has the time machine fix, V4 doesn't. I don't recommend adding the TM fix in the DSDT. It tends to cause ethernet issues.

Again, I highly recommend that everyone creates his own patched DSDT to avoid problems and ensure best overall system performance. Azimutz, you too should create your own DSDT. Although roisoft's DSDT and my V3 work, they still won't give the performance you'll get when you create your own DSDT.

Given the vast amount of differences between DSDT in different systems, and the large amount of problems people having, I thought it would be best i everyone just creates thier own DSDT.

V3 has the time machine fix, V4 doesn't. I don't recommend adding the TM fix in the DSDT. It tends to cause ethernet issues.

Again, I highly recommend that everyone creates his own patched DSDT to avoid problems and ensure best overall system performance. Azimutz, you too should create your own DSDT. Although roisoft's DSDT and my V3 work, they still won't give the performance you'll get when you create your own DSDT.

Dr. Hurt.. DSDT.aml i'm using, made by roisoft, was made from dsdt.dat, ioreg and lspci from my machine :) certainly it's better than if i do it :P But you are right and i will do it my self.. need to learn. Totally agree with you! DSDTs are very "machine specific". I had "all" my devices working without DSDT so, i have every interest in doing one myself and add only what i need.

Time Machine is under control.. added device string with EFIStudio to Boot.plist.

My network sometimes fails to load, mainly when i tested diferent DSDT.. maybe related with TM patch in DSDT (following your lead).. i think roisoft placed TM patch in my DSDT, not shure!? have to talk to him..

If he placed it, it's NOT working cause, i have to use the string. And it doesn't work with your v3 too.

When i stop tests and things get stable, no problems! Best OS X install so far.

Much better handling of graphics=better overall performance. Just wish i could do the same to ATI. Anyway..

Your v3 works fine for me!

The Time Machine problem is not from DSDT. Just confirmed it without DSDT.

And the kp with v4, may not be caused by DSDT, though every time i used it had that kp.

I'll come around when i have done the guide or if i have any tip..

Thanks again.

Sorry about the late reply post, been busy for a couple days.

Can definitely say that V4 didn't work, and V3 made my computer hang at the grey Apple boot screen. I dunno what caused either to malfunction, but yeah. I'm back on 10.5.2 now. :o

Any other ideas? Thanks!

Dr. Hurt,

greetings to you my friend. its been working for me great, no problem at all.

Cause we have the same mobo :wacko:

Anyway, what bios version are you using in your mobo? i want to update the bios, and want it to be like your using now.

Big thanks to you.

A minor mistake in the last paragraph " 3- Type -sa infront of it and then drag the DSDT.aml infront of that" should be drag DSDT.dsl.

Very well written tutorial, now move on to solving x3100 problems :hysterical:

Dr. Hurt,

greetings to you my friend. its been working for me great, no problem at all.

Cause we have the same mobo :hysterical:

Anyway, what bios version are you using in your mobo? i want to update the bios, and want it to be like your using now.

Big thanks to you.

I'm using BIOS F8b

If your using the same motherboard as me, then V4 is perfect for you.

By the way, we're lucky because this mobo works 100% with vanilla OS X. We should have the least problems.

I installed a retail OS X, and only had to add Openhaltrestart, AppleDecrypt, AppleSMBIOSEFI, Disabler (not really needed with DSDT), and the AppleHDA.kext!!

A minor mistake in the last paragraph " 3- Type -sa infront of it and then drag the DSDT.aml infront of that" should be drag DSDT.dsl.

Very well written tutorial, now move on to solving x3100 problems

-sa will still work, so no problem.

Dr. Hurt,

Yes, i have the exact mobo like yours.

Downloading the F8B bios which is a beta, there is a definition on their site which says,

"BETA describes a new version that is reliable yet may not include all the features of the final product."

If so, is there really a missing features on F8B?

Hey.. Dr. Hurt.. Followed your guide with success :) just had trouble getting dsdt.aml..

DSDT Patcher 1.0.1e -- report Bugs to superfassl@gmail.com

enclose "DSDT Patcher/Debug/USER.tar"

Press any key to continue...

Getting the DSDT through ioreg...

sh: ./Tools/getDSDT.sh: No such file or directory

Decompiling the DSDT...

sh: ./Tools/iasl: No such file or directory

Done, now start the Patching!

Could not open file ./dsdt.dsl

There were errors pacthing the RTC

.. so i used fassl's patcher to get it and the rest of your guide.

Had to delete a bit of code from my dsdt.dsl, on part two "Device (PCI0)" so the "patched" code could fit properly but, did it at first try. So, thanks once again, to you and roisoft :)

Nice peace of work.

Hey.. Dr. Hurt.. Followed your guide with success :D just had trouble getting dsdt.aml..

.. so i used fassl's patcher to get it and the rest of your guide.

Had to delete a bit of code from my dsdt.dsl, on part two "Device (PCI0)" so the "patched" code could fit properly but, did it at first try. So, thanks once again, to you and roisoft :D

Nice peace of work.

p.s.: i get this warning when ever i get DSDT.aml.. always the same! Should i bother with it or..?

Check attachment.. it's in bold. No hurry on this.. Thanks

Azimutz I have the exact same motherboard as you. When you run a DSDT.aml does your network still work? And if you finish your DSDT would you mind sending me a copy?

Hi - before I go re-inventing the wheel (otherwise known as making my own patched DSDT) I just thought I'd see if anyone's done this with a D945GCLF board. I'm on 10.5.6 (iPC distro) and have the GMA950 drivers working but would like to get rid of the irritating mouse tearing.

My first try at DSDT patching resulted with the same error message as posted by Azimutz. So any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

@Azimutz, RichP, and Jmotyka:

Holy sweet mother of God, I forgot to add the tools folder to the patcher. (Reason for RTC error and dsdt.aml not being made)

I'll update the patch right away. I'm terribly sorry. I have an Anatomy exam soon, and I'm sooooo tired.

70 downloads and you're the first 3 people to give me a heads up - I wonder what the rest of the people did?! :rolleyes: . Thanks.

First post updated.