Final solution (FIX) for GMA950 Desktop edition - NEW 28 DEC 08

Dr. Hurt

486 posts in this topic

The GMAX3100 kext will automatically unload after a few minutes. That always happens even without the DSDT patch. It's normal.

@OrangeJuice:

I think I know how to fix your problem. I'll release a new version If I have time.

Edit:

Here's the new version that should fix your network issue, and hopefully give a performance boost.

I'm not sure about the compatibility of this. Please test it and report. :)

Edit 2: xbech 1.3 result using my pre-V4 attached below is 201.9

Sadly I still have the same issue.

Sadly I still have the same issue.

Then the DSDT is not the problem. Try removing the DSDT.aml from the root partition and see if it works - just to make sure.

Also out of curiosity, did the graphics work well with V4. I made this version myself and it's a special lite version. Thanks in advance.

Try this ethernet fix by time ed:

1. cd to System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/

2. edit Info.plist. Add this to string below IOPCIMatch key: 0x27dc8086

3. cd back to System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

4. move or rename AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext

5. clear cache, repair permissions, yada, yada...reboot

By the way, thank you for helping out OcciJano!!

Then the DSDT is not the problem. Try removing the DSDT.aml from the root partition and see if it works - just to make sure.

Also out of curiosity, did the graphics work well with V4. I made this version myself and it's a special lite version. Thanks in advance.

Try this ethernet fix by time ed:

1. cd to System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/

2. edit Info.plist. Add this to string below IOPCIMatch key: 0x27dc8086

3. cd back to System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

4. move or rename AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext

5. clear cache, repair permissions, yada, yada...reboot

By the way, thank you for helping out OcciJano!!

It has to be the DSDT. I had the network working without the DSDT applied, I reapply it and the I get the chip reset error in console. I remove DSDT and it works again.

BTW I am using time ed's fix.

It has to be the DSDT. I had the network working without the DSDT applied, I reapply it and the I get the chip reset error in console. I remove DSDT and it works again.

BTW I am using time ed's fix.

Strange!!

V4 does not contain any ethernet code. I guess it's time for you to make your own DSDT and patch it.

Also, are graphics working with V4? And were you using DSDT before? If so was the ethernet working?

Strange!!

V4 does not contain any ethernet code. I guess it's time for you to make your own DSDT and patch it.

Also, are graphics working with V4? And were you using DSDT before? If so was the ethernet working?

Graphics are perfect with V3 and V4. Without DSDT ethernet works, with DSDT ethernet doesn't work.

Any links on how to make my own dsdt?

Thanks a lot Dr. Hurt, V4 is working fine with my GA-945GCM-S2C.

OrangeJuice:

My Intel D945GTPLR uses the AppleIntel8255 wich refuses to work every Leopard update, so I had to install an edited AppleIntel8255x.kext with IOPCIMatch key: 0x27dc8086, I didn't removed AppleIntel8254x.kext nor AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext from inside IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/.

I hope you have a back up from the kexts that were working previously.

This is more a solution for Intel8255 & Intel82557 than for Intel82562, try it may help.

AppleIntel8255x.kext.zip

This is the AppleIntel8255x.kext I got in the same thread where time ed posted that method. Expand the zip, control click to show package contents, you will see:

post-100500-1231363386_thumb.png

Info.list isn't edited. Follow the author instructions.

That's all I can help, wish you luck!!!

Edited by OcciJano

What is the model of your motherboard?

Just use psystar's openhaltrestart.kext with OcciJano's DSDT.aml to fix your shutdown.

Hi Doc, did some more troubleshooting and here are some of my vitals. Running 10.5.6 on an ECS 945GCT-M 1333 ver3 board similar to eject but later ver. I tried openhaltrestart.kext with DSDT.aml (OcciJano) and still no proper shutdown. (shustdown works fine when no DSDT.aml) It appears to go into herbirnation (monitor powers down but machine remains on) have to manually hold power button to complete shutdown. And then same issue with Time Machine it works without the DSDT.aml but with it --it complains about the built in network not being found. I'd wouldn't mind trying to compile my own DSDT.aml but haven't been successful adding the source text. I got as far as decompiling to a .dsl file type and opening in text editor.

OSXtotheZ, the real openhaltrestart.kext sometimes is inside the expanded one (control click to show package contents).

OrangeJuice, so you want to do it by yourself..., first, you need DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e from fassl, it works only in Leopard. Learn how to use "DSDT Patcher" and "iasl" to compile/decompile.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=947456

The only guides I know are in spanish made by roisoft and pere.

If you learn how to decompile to "human readable dsdt.aml", compare Roisoft, Dr. Hurts, eject and mine DSDTs, look for GMA950, it wont be so easy, please, you can do it by yourself.

Edit:

In your dsdt fixed by DSDT Patched look for PCI0 try insert the GMA part, use the Source_Code.txt from Dr. Hurts first post.

If you don't know how to fix your Mac OS partition (You only need to delete DSDT.aml or rename it), don't do it. Cos' probably it won't boot til you make it right.

Edited by OcciJano

OSXtotheZ, the real openhaltrestart.kext sometimes is inside the expanded one (control click to show package contents).

OrangeJuice, so you want to do it by yourself..., first, you need DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e from fassl, it works only in Leopard. Learn how to use "DSDT Patcher" and "iasl" to compile/decompile.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=947456

The only guides I know are in spanish made by roisoft and pere.

If you learn how to decompile to "human readable dsdt.aml", compare Roisoft, Dr. Hurts, eject and mine DSDTs, look for GMA950, it wont be so easy, please, you can do it by yourself.

Edit:

In your dsdt fixed by DSDT Patched look for PCI0 try insert the GMA part, use the Source_Code.txt from Dr. Hurts first post.

If you don't know how to fix your Mac OS partition (You only need to delete DSDT.aml or rename it), don't do it. Cos' probably it won't boot til you make it right.

I'm still trying to chip away and compile a working DSDT.aml file for my board. (specs are in ealier post)

Here and excerpt from my decompiled DSDT:

Device (PCI0)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A08"))

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Method (^BN00, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (Zero)

}

Method (_BBN, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (BN00 ())

}

Name (_UID, Zero)

Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)

{

If (PICM)

{

Return (AR00)

}

Return (PR00)

}

Method (_S3D, 0, NotSerialized)

{

If (LOr (LEqual (OSFL (), One), LEqual (OSFL (), 0x02)))

{

Return (0x02)

}

Else

{

Return (0x03)

}

}

Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))

Device (MCH)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C01"))

Name (_UID, 0x0A)

Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()

{

Memory32Fixed (ReadWrite,

0xFED13000, // Address Base

0x00007000, // Address Length

)

})

}

This is the modded source text for just the Device (PCI0). Not sure if I delete all of mine and replace or if I need to just insert this in addition to what already there. And does all the tabbing and indenting matter? I attached my .dsl if anyone bored enough to have a look.

Device (PCI0) //look for the location using ioreg

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Name (_UID, One)

Name (_BBN, Zero)

Device (PEGP)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)

Device (GFX0)

{

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x1A)

{

"device_type",

Buffer (0x08)

{

"display"

},

"model",

Buffer (0x07)

{

"GMA950"

},

"built-in",

Buffer (one)

{

0x01

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

}

dsdt.dsl.zip

OSXtotheZ

Alias (PRSA, PRSG)

Alias (PRSA, PRSH)

Device (PCI0)

{

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Device (PEGP)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)

Device (GFX0)

{

Name (_ADR, Zero)

{

Store (Package (0x1A)

{

"device_type",

Buffer (0x08)

{

"display"

},

"model",

Buffer (0x07)

{

"GMA950"

},

"built-in",

Buffer (One)

{

0x01

}

}, Local0)

Return (Local0)

}

}

}

Method (^BN00, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (Zero)

}

I think, (not sure) that you don't need this...

Name (_UID, One)

Name (_BBN, Zero)

Success!!! Muchos Gracias! OcciJano that did the trick. Replacing

Device (PCI0)

{

Name (_ADR, Zero)

with

Device (PCI0)

{

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Device (PEGP)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)

Device (GFX0)

{

Name (_ADR, Zero)

{

Store (Package (0x1A)

{

"device_type",

Buffer (0x08)

{

"display"

},

"model",

Buffer (0x07)

{

"GMA950"

},

"built-in",

Buffer (One)

{

0x01

}

}, Local0)

Return (Local0)

}

}

}

Edit: upon compiling I did get 1 error so I had to force compile using ./iasl -f dsdt.dsl

This gave me GMA working and Time Machine works and shutdown works. Sleep doesn't quite work right but it never has. I know you guys with Giga boards have sleep working correctly. If anyone can isolate those lines of code in the DSDT file I'd like to try and play with that as well. So if you have a ECS 945GCT-M 1333 ver3 and you want to get your on board GMA 950 working the above mod to your dsdt.aml file should do the trick. Thanks you to OcciJano and eject for helping my situation and thanks to Dr Hurt, riosoft and others for chasing down the GMA 950 desktop ghost and providng a solution. Bravo.

I'm so glad you did it!

To fix restart:

Have you tried to look inside openhaltrestart.kext (control click to show package contents)? sometimes the real kext is inside.

Sleep:

Doesn't work fine with my Gigabyte.

Edited by OcciJano

I'm so glad you did it!

To fix restart:

Have you tried to look inside openhaltrestart.kext (control click to show package contents)? sometimes the real kext is inside.

Sleep:

Restart working well. Only issue now is Sleep. It goes to sleep and then no mouse or keyboard will wake it. You have to hit the power button to wake it and when it wakes if you were connected to the internet it loses its DHCP IP from the router and if you had any USB storage hooked up it drops them too.

Restart working well. Only issue now is Sleep. It goes to sleep and then no mouse or keyboard will wake it. You have to hit the power button to wake it and when it wakes if you were connected to the internet it loses its DHCP IP from the router and if you had any USB storage hooked up it drops them too.

Did you put the DTGP section?

Also, have a look here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...hl=10.5.6+sleep

I'm so glad you did it!

To fix restart:

Sleep:

Is sleep not working properly with my V4, because you have the same mobo as me.

Here is my DSDT and ioreg, if anyone feels like giving me a hand. I have beat myself up attempting to get this to work. If not, its no biggie, ill wait for the patcher.

Have you tried V4?

If it still hangs, I think I'll be releasing a V5 with OcciJano's modification once I gather more info and test.

that did the trick for me, sleep and graphics are working great, gonna try the reboot here in a second

sleep, restart, shutdown working perfect, you guys rock!

Great to hear that.

I'm probably going to make a V5 including OcciJano's modifications to improve compatibility.

Great to hear that.

I'm probably going to make a V5 including OcciJano's modifications to improve compatibility.

<bows> were not worthy, were not worthy</bows>

you guys rock really. im gonna have to let my buddy know about this, he will be quite happy to see this, keep the fixes coming guys

I have noticed that i have got a bit of a performance increase too, really flash heavy sites are running alot better than before, i dont know why but they are.

Hi Folks,

sorry for asking silly questions. I'm new with OSX86. My brother give a new PC with 10.5.4 as a gift to me.

I've updated to 10.5.5 and tried to install Dr. Hurt's files on my system. I'm not sure... put the DSDT.aml to the root and used kexthelper b7 to install all the other files in the folder (instead of ds.info of course). Is it right? I have to drag all the kext, plugins and bundles to the kexthelper-window?

After a reboot there is no change. Still provides only a 1280-4:3-resolution.

I guess I didn't understand somthing basicly.

TIA

cu

Michael

Hi Folks,

sorry for asking silly questions. I'm new with OSX86. My brother give a new PC with 10.5.4 as a gift to me.

I've updated to 10.5.5 and tried to install Dr. Hurt's files on my system. I'm not sure... put the DSDT.aml to the root and used kexthelper b7 to install all the other files in the folder (instead of ds.info of course). Is it right? I have to drag all the kext, plugins and bundles to the kexthelper-window?

After a reboot there is no change. Still provides only a 1280-4:3-resolution.

I guess I didn't understand somthing basicly.

TIA

cu

Michael

You need a bootloader that supports dsdt files.. lookup boot132 tutorials. The one I followed is this one.