[SOLVED] 10.5.6: Sleep no longer working

MacManX

103 posts in this topic

Here's the 10.5.5 kext to temporarily "fix" sleep.

-Stell

IOUSBFamily.kext.zip

didn't work for me (didn't break anything, didn't fix anything). used 10.5.5 IOUSBFamily.kext and waking up from sleep still resulted in reboot. i tried the 10.5.5 kext with pc_efi_v9/dsdt.aml/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and with chameleon 1.0.11/no dsdt.aml/no AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext...

so if sleep works for some by reverting back to 10.5.5 IOUSBFamily.kext, i guess there has to be some other variable that the rest of us are missing.

(on GA-X38-DQ6, C2D)

I too am having the same issue. GA EP43 DS3L board w/ q6600. I did a little testing of my own. I reinstalled the retail dvd as normal, applied the basic kexts - decrypt etc. - and updated w/ combo 10.5.6. All updated fine. I then tried to sleep w/oout having added the efi strings for sound, video and ethernet. Nothing happens, the screen stays on no sleep. I then added efi for video - it sleeps, but awakens w/ reboot. So the implementation of the efi strings has something to do w/ it.

Also, if I boot in safe mode sleep works. So a kext or efi is being loaded on normal boot that conflicts w/ sleep. My input so far.

I too am having the same issue. GA EP43 DS3L board w/ q6600. I did a little testing of my own. I reinstalled the retail dvd as normal, applied the basic kexts - decrypt etc. - and updated w/ combo 10.5.6. All updated fine. I then tried to sleep w/oout having added the efi strings for sound, video and ethernet. Nothing happens, the screen stays on no sleep. I then added efi for video - it sleeps, but awakens w/ reboot. So the implementation of the efi strings has something to do w/ it.

Also, if I boot in safe mode sleep works. So a kext or efi is being loaded on normal boot that conflicts w/ sleep. My input so far.

You wouldn't happen to have an nvidia graphics card would you?

-Stell

Guest ѕиоѡ

Well I be....

That did the trick indeed.

Jan Bird, thx a lot bro!!! and please someone sticky this info so people know!

THX AGAIN BUD!!!

Aha! I'm at work again but I'll certainly give that box a go when I get home. Sounds like it'll do the trick :)

Thanks to everyone who's been working on this issue. If it works for me then I'll update the first post so that people can find the solution quickly.

post-165551-1229629277_thumb.png

,and sleep works

Many, many thanks Jan Bird. You made my day (GA EP 35DS4)

I tried many different solutions (including dsdt patching) and different install methods. What a difference a simple checkbox can make. Hope the others without this option will find a solution very quickly.

"You wouldn't happen to have an nvidia graphics card would you?"

-Stell

Of course I do. 8800gts 320mb - Yes the above worked for me as well. I can't for the life of me figure out why it works. It's almost as if Apple made that button do the opposite just to mess w/ us :(