›› Voodoo XNU Kernel is now Released

mercurysquad

Voodoo kernel release  

1,280 members have voted

1. 1. Has Voodoo kernel been working well for you?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. On which processor do you use this kernel?

• Intel
    • AMD
  3. 3. Did you use the installer or installed manually?

• Manually
    • Installer, worked well
    • Installer, but didn't work well

561 posts in this topic

Add me to the testers for either or both new versions. Need to be sure the support for old iron like my P4 Prescott keeps working ^_^

Yes it will but showing correct cache info for this processor will NOT be fixed! :D

Good news ;) count me in.

Well, i don't know if this is of any interest but, anyway.. There's a 9.7.0 kernel (Voodoo based) in AnV's thread, posted by "moskivirit", with diff file and without AnV's stuff. It feels like Voodoo on my system, no surprises at all.

Link to the post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...amp;pid=1158507

Just in case you guys want to check it out...

No, I have just been really busy with other stuff.

10.5.7 is here already though. I've resumed porting Voodoo to 10.5.7 now, it should be backported to 10.5.6 also. Let's see how long it takes to finish this. I'm trying for an alpha version by next week.

Welcome back Mercury—looking forward to your great work to keep my old P4 alive.

Welcome back Mercury—looking forward to your great work to keep my old P4 alive.

Same here! It's been great using the Voodoo kernel on my old P4 using the SSE3 emulator etc! Thank you! Looking forward to testing :-)

N.M.

Good news :( count me in.

Well, i don't know if this is of any interest but, anyway.. There's a 9.7.0 kernel (Voodoo based) in AnV's thread, posted by "moskivirit", with diff file and without AnV's stuff. It feels like Voodoo on my system, no surprises at all.

Link to the post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...amp;pid=1158507

Just in case you guys want to check it out...

That's nice, but I've had disagreements about how Andy's "port" is made and he's been silent about all my concerns. So I cannot comment further on this.

I'm aiming for a fresh/clean port from the ground up, and that requires more than a 3-way merge between the sources.

That's nice, but I've had disagreements about how Andy's "port" is made and he's been silent about all my concerns. So I cannot comment further on this.

I'm aiming for a fresh/clean port from the ground up, and that requires more than a 3-way merge between the sources.

I know about your disagreements with Andy.. find them totally legit! Just sharing...

A fresh/clean port is in order, yes.. Looking foreword to the real thing.

Nice to see you back on business :)

-------------------------------------------

Noticed your post in XNU-Dev site, on Latest News.. voodoobuild.sh works fine, just the download part is screwed but, at least since 10.5.6 sources were updated. Well, i always though it was due to the update but, the site really changed recently too.. at the moment, there's no need to login to download the sources. :wacko::)

Edited by Azimutz

Guys please keep an eye on

http://code.google.com/p/xnu-dev/wiki/NewsArchive

for updates. It's probably against the rules to post links to external sites on this forum, but just wanted to mention that I do not have time to post updates on every forum, so please check the official News Archive instead of cluttering this thread.

for updates. It's probably against the rules to post links to external sites on this forum, but just wanted to mention that I do not have time to post updates on every forum, so please check the official News Archive instead of cluttering this thread.

thank u for good news!Cant wait to test new functionallity of this new kernel!

Howdy,

Every forum? Ignorant question, but could you name some other forums like these? I would be very interested ;)

Cheers!

Voodoo 2.0 for Intel alpha tests start Friday. Get your testing machines ready and update to 10.5.7 if you've not already done so.

Noticed your post in XNU-Dev site, on Latest News.. voodoobuild.sh works fine, just the download part is screwed but, at least since 10.5.6 sources were updated. Well, i always though it was due to the update but, the site really changed recently too.. at the moment, there's no need to login to download the sources. :D;)

Yeah it's possible to download all the archives, put them in cache/ folder and the voodoobuild.sh will work. The site structure changed as you said, and it's great that no login id/pw are needed now!

Voodoo 2.0 for Intel alpha tests start Friday. Get your testing machines ready and update to 10.5.7 if you've not already done so.

Nice.. checked my agenda, nothing to do on the weekend.. machine is ready.. i'm ready :)