Acer 5920G + Leopard 10.5.5 Vanilla Retail GUIDE 2.0

VooD

443 posts in this topic

It says turbocache on the lower right corner sticker and before i run installation it lists it as VESA 3 14mb nvidia...

I just installed iDeneb 4 and selected nvdarwin 256mb for the graphics and alc888 for the audio, both worked as the welcome video was smooth and i could hear the music :rolleyes:

It says turbocache on the lower right corner sticker and before i run installation it lists it as VESA 3 14mb nvidia...

I just installed iDeneb 4 and selected nvdarwin 256mb for the graphics and alc888 for the audio, both worked as the welcome video was smooth and i could hear the music :rolleyes:

Are you sure you really have QE & CI enabled in hardware? Also nvdarwin can make system profiler show whichever ram size you want even if the card doesn't have that amount.

well, does the ability to change resolution and the fact that is says that QE and CI are enabled in system profile count?

I guess it does, but so far you are the very first person I've ever heard got a turbocache vga working ;)

well, god damn!!! ;)

to be honest, i saw this guy's video and asked him what he did and he told me he used nvdarwin 256.

only thing left is to figure out how to update to 10.5.7...

Just a quick point, my x1950 Pro VGA has 256mb onboard, and PCEFIv9 shows it as vesa 3.0 16mb...so, I doubt you can take "before i run installation it lists it as VESA 3 14mb nvidia..." as a proof of your vga not having onboard ram. Maybe your card has 16mb onboard ram and is able to get extra ram from system ram, but since it has (few but it has) onboard ram you can get it running with the standart injectors.

You should try gpu-z in Windows and see what your laptop video hardware really is.

ive got the 5920g with 256mb 8600m gs with QE and CI but hdmi turns my screen black and doesnt output to my tv anyone know a fix?

There's some talking about that problem in this thread. We need better nvcap values to get hdmi output working.

my gpu does have onboard memory, i never said it didn't, it has 256mb onboard memory, i have confirmed it visually, i took the card out and checked the memory chips, it also has turbocache capabilities, it says so under the nvidia panel in windows...

i'm not sure what more i have to check...

are there 8x00 cards with minimum onboard memory like 16 or 32 mb? if so and they are "true" turbocache cards, then no, my card is not one of them...

post-11707-1245086715_thumb.png

my gpu does have onboard memory, i never said it didn't, it has 256mb onboard memory, i have confirmed it visually, i took the card out and checked the memory chips, it also has turbocache capabilities, it says so under the nvidia panel in windows...

i'm not sure what more i have to check...

are there 8x00 cards with minimum onboard memory like 16 or 32 mb? if so and they are "true" turbocache cards, then no, my card is not one of them...

Ooooooooook, that explains many things :censored2:. The kind of turbocache boards which never will work on Os X are the ones with no onboard ram. The ones which take all its ram from system ram. Since yours already have onboard ram there is no reason it shouldn't have worked (even with the drivers in my package).

ive got the 5920g with 256mb 8600m gs with QE and CI but hdmi turns my screen black and doesnt output to my tv anyone know a fix?

try this one:

<04010101 0e000100 0e000000 0000010b 01000000>

Hola buenas tardes, he siguido el tutorial y bueno todo bien, funcionando con la versión 10.5.6, pero el único problema que tengo es que el portatil no me reconoce el touchpad, si me fuciona como raton pero no como portatil.

Haber si sabeis como arreglarlo.

Hola buenas tardes, he siguido el tutorial y bueno todo bien, funcionando con la versión 10.5.6, pero el único problema que tengo es que el portatil no me reconoce el touchpad, si me fuciona como raton pero no como portatil.

Haber si sabeis como arreglarlo.

Ni idea. Prueba a quitar ApplePS2Controller.kext e instalar VoodooPs2 en vez.

Hi to everbody!

Uhm , i follow this topic, and now my 5920g is running leo very well :)

but frist, i've a question for ReyZ :(

i'm italian, so excuse my bad english, but can you post your DTST file and show me how i can install it? I've just tried, but no success!

my spec are:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2ghz

, 4 gb ram, geforce 8600m gs 256 mb, wifi broadcom 4311

All works fine, but if i've got the right dtst file i think it will be better!

Ah i've another important question!

I've buy from ebay a bluray PATA drive for the aspire, do you think it will work on leopard? i will use bluray under vista, but i hope it work at least with dvd/cd in leopard!

Tnk you very much!

PS have somebody card reader working ? at moment, i've no kext for it!

Mirko!

Hi to everbody!

Uhm , i follow this topic, and now my 5920g is running leo very well :D

but frist, i've a question for ReyZ :o

i'm italian, so excuse my bad english, but can you post your DTST file and show me how i can install it? I've just tried, but no success!

my spec are:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2ghz

, 4 gb ram, geforce 8600m gs 256 mb, wifi broadcom 4311

All works fine, but if i've got the right dtst file i think it will be better!

hello.

i have the same laptop (different only in ram (2gb) and wifi).

here is my dsdt, but it's working not so good.

after installing dsdt i was deleted IntelCPUPMDisabler and AppleSMBIOSEFI. it's work fine.

but after deleting NVinjectGo, QE/CI are out.

the same situation with audio. i have string for it. but then i was deleted it, audio is out, too.

maybe you can to fix it.

ps: for instal dsdt.aml, just copy it to extra or root folder

pps: sorry for my english

DSDT.aml.zip

hi AlexUAx!

i've tried your dsdt, but they are worst than mine :)

i've patched my dsdt but i'can't see the difference the system startup in 24 sec after the rolling wheel

...and for the card reader? have somebody the kext with procedure?

tnx!

hello.

i have the same laptop (different only in ram (2gb) and wifi).

here is my dsdt, but it's working not so good.

after installing dsdt i was deleted IntelCPUPMDisabler and AppleSMBIOSEFI. it's work fine.

but after deleting NVinjectGo, QE/CI are out.

the same situation with audio. i have string for it. but then i was deleted it, audio is out, too.

maybe you can to fix it.

ps: for instal dsdt.aml, just copy it to extra or root folder

pps: sorry for my english

A DSDT.aml file won't replace nvinjectgo, the audio driver, and a smbios injector unless you take the VERY complex, and hard work of manually editing the file. The main purpose of a patched DSDT.aml is solving problems with cpu aliases, RTC and interrupts.

Hello guys and gals!!

How's it going?

I have been trying to copy my leo installation on my internal drive but can't seem to make it right...

So far, i have my 7 partition which is the first and active one, an extended storage partition and a third hfs partition. I can't make both 7 and os x to boot, i either kill one or the other...

EasyBCD 1.7.2 gives me an ok 7 boot but a file not found, press alt+ctrl+del os x boot

I have tried to make the windows 7 ntfs partition writable by the osx on my usb drive and install chameleon there but I ended up with a dead windows 7 boot and had to boot from the DVD and fix the mbr...

So far i can only boot from my usb drive which sees evry partion on the laptop and boots them all.

what should I do?

Oh, here's my partition table

PS Making the osx partition active did'n work...

post-11707-1245708060_thumb.jpg

Hello guys and gals!!

How's it going?

I have been trying to copy my leo installation on my internal drive but can't seem to make it right...

So far, i have my 7 partition which is the first and active one, an extended storage partition and a third hfs partition. I can't make both 7 and os x to boot, i either kill one or the other...

EasyBCD 1.7.2 gives me an ok 7 boot but a file not found, press alt+ctrl+del os x boot

I have tried to make the windows 7 ntfs partition writable by the osx on my usb drive and install chameleon there but I ended up with a dead windows 7 boot and had to boot from the DVD and fix the mbr...

So far i can only boot from my usb drive which sees evry partion on the laptop and boots them all.

what should I do?

Oh, here's my partition table

PS Making the osx partition active did'n work...

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can't boot osx after an extender partition.

It should be something like this:

1.- Windows 7 Primary

2.- Osx Primary

3.- Data Extended

Then make your osx partition active, and install there chameleon2 (MANUALLY, THE INSTALLER NEVER WORKED FINE FOR ME).

That's all

Anyway, the best way to be sure everything is going to work is partitioning with OSX.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can't boot osx after an extender partition.

It should be something like this:

1.- Windows 7 Primary

2.- Osx Primary

3.- Data Extended

Then make your osx partition active, and install there chameleon2 (MANUALLY, THE INSTALLER NEVER WORKED FINE FOR ME).

That's all

Anyway, the best way to be sure everything is going to work is partitioning with OSX.

Did exactly that, worked like a charm :)