Windows 7 6801 Activated

JonMS

22 posts in this topic

ah not that cool, you could have photoshopped that for all we know, this is what windows 7 is really gonna look like http://krisabel.ctv.ca/blog/_archives/2008...28/3951681.html

The build that PDC attendants took and leaked is 6801 and I's not the same as the build they presented it on PDC and on your link so it's not photoshopped or something. if you search you can find the crackEdit: used Windows Vista beta 2 serial and worked :(

That's not the latest Build. I've seen pictures on ZDNet and it's looks very different from what you are showing up here...

6801 is the build that was handed out at PDC and soon after leaked. It was activated with a Windows Vista RC1 key.

yes infact there is away to unlock the "protected Features unlock."

build 6801 dose infact have the supertask bar that they showed off in build 6933

yes it can be activated with RC1 or Beta Vista keys

to unlock the New taskbar in Build 6801 follow these instructions

http://chris123nt.com/2008/11/02/superbar-...s-7-build-6801/

"As checking against this criteria is potentially expensive, in terms of CPU cycles, the result of the check is cached for the duration of Explorer’s lifetime (per protected feature). The cached value is stored within a variable, space of which is allocated in the image’s initialized data section (.data).

Explorer does not initialize these variables at start and checks for a cached result for before performing any checks. I exploited this behavior by setting the initialized value in the image itself to 1 vice 0 to bypass all twelve checks.

Why not use a hook to intercept GetComputerNameExW / GetUserNameW?

I thought about building a hook to inject into the Explorer process upon start, but I grew concerned that legitimate code in Explorer that uses those functions to perform various legitimate tasks would malfunction. And I was lazy.

Can I has too? Plz?

Simply download a copy of a tool I whipped up for either x86 or x64 (untested thus far), drop it into your Windows\ directory and execute the following commands as an Administrator in a command prompt window:

takeown /f %windir%\explorer.exe

cacls %windir%\explorer.exe /E /G MyUserName:F (replacing MyUserName with your username)

taskkill /im explorer.exe /f

start unlockProtectedFeatures.exe

After changing the protected feature lock state, you can re-launch the shell by clicking the Launch button.

"

download is at that link above

Wait Windows 7 is 32bit? Talk about beating a dead horse. Will it be like old windows where only 3GB of RAM is recognized when you have 4? Does that mean in order to run 64bit windows 7 we have to wait for drivers and deal with unsupported 64 bit version of software still?

Dear Microsoft please just make one version of Windows!

Wait Windows 7 is 32bit? Talk about beating a dead horse. Will it be like old windows where only 3GB of RAM is recognized when you have 4? Does that mean in order to run 64bit windows 7 we have to wait for drivers and deal with unsupported 64 bit version of software still?

Dear Microsoft please just make one version of Windows!

Microsoft doesnt want to copy OS X that closely... lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wait Windows 7 is 32bit? Talk about beating a dead horse. Will it be like old windows where only 3GB of RAM is recognized when you have 4? ...

No. I have 4gig of DDR3 installed on this late 2008 MBP and Windows 7 recognized both sticks at 2gig a piece.

yes vista with sp1 will also show windows having 4 GIG of physical memory installed but will will only use 3 gig of it..

as shown in my pictures u will notice 4 gig showing

how ever the second picture and in your task manger will show u actually whats being used

its becuz 32 application can only allocate 3 gig max>

even on a 64bit os if the application it self waz written in 32 bit it can only use a max of 3 gigs of ram. the os can offer over 4 gig to be used but a single 32bit app will only use a max of 3 gigs

so no matter what os u may use 64/32 if the 3rd part app is only 32 you cna only use 3 gig max for that app it self

post-52178-1228285863_thumb.jpg

post-52178-1228285889_thumb.jpg