G94(9600gt) is fully supported by new mbp drivers!

generalmilk

303 posts in this topic

I have the same problem with RaidenII on my Geforce 9600m GT.

However, when I tryed change <string>Safe Boot</string> to <string>Root</string> in info.plist of NVDAResman.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext and IOGraphicsFamily.kext, a new notification shown in boot up say "can't determine immediate dependecies for extension com.apple.NVDAResman"; " Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.nvidia.nv50hal."; "Couldn't alloc class "NVDANV50HAL". Looks like it try to really load NVDANV50Hal, but failed.

Can any one check into this?

The rights of access did cure? (after change)

Success with Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB!

1. Run the installer linked in this thread

2. Open System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist (with nano, not

textedit) and change

0x062010de&0xffe0ffff

to

0x062210de&0xffe0ffff

Save (CTRL-O) and exit.

3. Use OSX86Tools to create EFI-string:

Click "Add EFI Strings/Boot Flag". "GFX Strings", "Custom GeForce hex".

Select a device name, amount of memory and VGA/DVI configuration.

Copy the generated EFI-string.

Open Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist with the "sudo nano"

command and enter the HEX-data:

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>paste the EFI-string here</string>

Save the file (CTRL-O) and exit.

Repair permissions and clear the kext cache (can be done using OSX86Tools), and reboot.

A couple of problems I experienced:

Freeze at the gray apple when rebooting, maybe with half the screen turning dark gray:

Start OS X in safe mode (-x), repair permissions and clear kext cache. Reboot.

Mouse/keyboard or other devices are lost after reboot:

Start OS X in safe mode, repair permissions and clear kext cache. Reboot.

Never mind the device name, just a stupid naming mistake by me:

post-302217-1224503227_thumb.png

hi is anyone having problem waking up their monitor after it goes to sleep (after a number of minutes)? mine just shows an empty blue screen :)

plug your monitor into the other port on the video card. You have got it plugged into the secondary port.

Hello ,

I forgot to say that people on iAtkos 4i should install the netkas SMBios and ACPI kext from the install menu :)

bye ^^

Please, tell me how did you update iAtkos 4i to 10.5.5? I tried several times with kaly but failed. I will try now with

iAtkos so any useful hints are welcome. tia

Please, tell me how did you update iAtkos 4i to 10.5.5? I tried several times with kaly but failed. I will try now with

1. First, download the update directly from Apple’s website. You can grab 10.5.5 at http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...1055update.html

2. Before you run the downloaded file, open up Terminal and type “sudo su -” without the quotes. Enter your user password and then type :

“while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done”

without the quotes.

3. Keep this window open while you run the downloaded update and install it

4. Before you reboot, exit the Terminal script by holding down Ctrl and pressing X (Ctrl + X). Close Terminal and hit the button on the Update to reboot your computer.

5 Done

If you have iAtkos 4.1i, select "Enable software update" when installing.

After that, Apple Software Update should work.

If you have the older 4i release, try these instructions:

http://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/viewtopic.php?...p;sk=t&sd=a

edit: whoops, missed TNW's post.

Confirmed 9600m GT working with NVDarwin. EFI strings will not work.

Just install original kexts generalmilk mentioned, without revise DEV ID. -- no patch.

Then download NVDarwin v1.2.3, choose custom install, and then choose NVDarwin 512m only.

restart then CI/QE working. Wow

Open Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist with the "sudo nano"

command and enter the HEX-data:

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>paste the EFI-string here</string>

Why? In OSx86 Tools, below there is a button "Apple changes to com.apple.Root.plist" :)

Story no end yet. Tryed the VGA port on my laptop using 9600m GT, it will not work; and by clicking "detect monitor" botton, black out the internal display. Didn't try another HDMI port yet. Maybe a correct NVCAP value can save this.

RaidenII, can you also try these ports to see if they will work for you? Thanks.

What's wrong with your fan? I think after the driver is loaded, my gpu fan got the same behaviour with in windows, that reduces much noise.

btw, can you help me with this?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry937781

Nothing is wrong with the fan, even befor the latest kexts appears the Fan on Mac OS was al the lower speed (but ever, no matter if some "heavy" works in on progress). On windows the fan increases sometimes but after some time it decreases to the "stardard" speed (low). Now it behaves like windows but I like "manual" controls :D

On the matter of your soundcard I really don't have a clue :thumbsup_anim:

Story no end yet. Tryed the VGA port on my laptop using 9600m GT, it will not work; and by clicking "detect monitor" botton, black out the internal display. Didn't try another HDMI port yet. Maybe a correct NVCAP value can save this.

RaidenII, can you also try these ports to see if they will work for you? Thanks.

I have no external display so I cannot test that.

"Detect monitor" would black out my display for one or two seconds. Maybe you can change the NVCAP into VGA/DVI?

Thanks so much, generalmilk! I am really grateful to finally be using my 9600GT 512MB with QE/CI.

My 10.5.5 update was messed up and GUI was not loading, however installing the kexts as per your instructions (and restoring one or two others from 10.5.4 extensions backup) worked great!

YAYYY finally we have full QE/CI support now!

Nothing is wrong with the fan, even befor the latest kexts appears the Fan on Mac OS was al the lower speed (but ever, no matter if some "heavy" works in on progress). On windows the fan increases sometimes but after some time it decreases to the "stardard" speed (low). Now it behaves like windows but I like "manual" controls :)

On the matter of your soundcard I really don't have a clue :(

Under windwos I downloaded a nvidia tools which seems able to adjust temperature-fanspeed curve, but I never got success. Not aware there's such software under leopard.

I guess I will live along with drums......