G94(9600gt) is fully supported by new mbp drivers!

generalmilk

303 posts in this topic

Thank you , but it did not work :'(

nVidia GeForce 9600 GT:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 9600 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0622

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: nVidia GeForce 9600 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

LE22A3:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

My kextstat :

kextstat.txt

glxinfo.txt

HINT: If you use gfxstring (boot.plist , in hex coded) getting from other users with same card but different mainboard!!!

They may NOT work, even the part for the gpu(same) is OK.

In the gfxstring there is also listed some infos(slot adress) of the pci-e slot , and this may vary between different mainboards !

Therefore its usefull the get the hex into readable (sring) again and compare it with your pci-e slot strings and change the differences, reconvert to hex.

You only can use those boot.plist 100% sure if you have same mainboard (same model / REV) with same GPU/VRAM/VRAMtype). Other Mainboard may work buts not sure.

It worked :) , osx86tool give me the right EFI hex string , thank you Alega !

generalmilk:

Instead of your link on EFI hex string , say people to use OSX86tools

:)

Thank all people who helped (or tried :P ) me :)

I just made an installer for the NVIDIA 9 Series Drivers taken from the new Macbookpro Update. Download it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/155562098/NVID...rivers.zip.html

My 9800 GTX now uses the correct Open GL Engine.

Aqua-mac, you f'king rock man! My 9800GTX+ is showing correct Open GL engine also. Before it was unknown and 3D performance was a bit {censored}.

i did a fresh install of ideneb 1.3 (10.5.5) and installed this patch using the original kexts and boot.plist efi method and it works great :blink:

im so glad i can finally use osx it was my original intention for this pc but the 9600gt was keeping me form it

Anyone?

Quickest way would be for you to just try it out.

can u explain step 4 a little better

and can u make a full tutroial ?

Step 4 is telling you to go and read that link to make your EFI string. If you want a simple way to do this, download OSX86tools as this contains an EFI maker which is better than EFIstudio (in my opinion).

Unfortunately I do not have the time to write a tutorial for such a simple thing, I'm sorry.

I think I've found the reason why my 9600m gt doesn't work...

due to the ddr2 vram i have...

hope someone could hack the driver to make it support ddr2 vram

DDR2 ram should not make any difference apart from making the card slower. Are you totally sure that the 9600M is supported? Is it a laptop or PCiexpress card?

the driver freezes if you try to change resoultions...

i tried to change the res with the sysprefs and it just gave me a blue screen and i tried to play plasma pong and when it resized it gave me a black screen and no response just dead

any ideas how to fix this? or just something we'll have to live with?

Quickest way would be for you to just try it out.

Step 4 is telling you to go and read that link to make your EFI string. If you want a simple way to do this, download OSX86tools as this contains an EFI maker which is better than EFIstudio (in my opinion).

Unfortunately I do not have the time to write a tutorial for such a simple thing, I'm sorry.

DDR2 ram should not make any difference apart from making the card slower. Are you totally sure that the 9600M is supported? Is it a laptop or PCiexpress card?

M means it's laptop...

but there's someone posted that his 9600m gt is fully supported, and the vram is gddr3...

so i think it might be the problem of vram type.

see here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0&start=20# The 27th post

I have the same problem with RaidenII on my Geforce 9600m GT.

However, when I tryed change <string>Safe Boot</string> to <string>Root</string> in info.plist of NVDAResman.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext and IOGraphicsFamily.kext, a new notification shown in boot up say "can't determine immediate dependecies for extension com.apple.NVDAResman"; " Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.nvidia.nv50hal."; "Couldn't alloc class "NVDANV50HAL". Looks like it try to really load NVDANV50Hal, but failed.

Can any one check into this?

the driver freezes if you try to change resoultions...

i tried to change the res with the sysprefs and it just gave me a blue screen and i tried to play plasma pong and when it resized it gave me a black screen and no response just dead

any ideas how to fix this? or just something we'll have to live with?

It is very likely that you use D-sub output instead of DVI from your video card, you can just change to DVI output, both blue screen and black screen will be solved

i solved it my card has two dvi outputs but i was using the secondary output i switched it to the first output on the card and it works fine now, before in system profiler it showed up as display not connected, then my monitor now my monitor comes first

im glad this card is finally supported

It is very likely that you use D-sub output instead of DVI from your video card, you can just change to DVI output, both blue screen and black screen will be solved

after struggling the entire night trying to get this working, i finally did it, its more simple to install actually. here's what i did

1. download the kexts

2. install the kexts into the Extensions folder

3. fire up EFIStudio and create a EFI GFX String

4. Reboot done

There's no need to edit plist at all. resolution everything works...

now to get sound and ps2 working :)

hardware: ga-965p-ds3 rev 1.0, galaxy 9600GT OC Edition

software: mac os x 10.5.5 vanilla kernel

thanks to TS for posting this great discovery!

post-117659-1224488695_thumb.jpg