AppleVIAATA over 4gb RAM bug solved (at least i believe so)! JMicron and AppleNForceATA at development

slashack

568 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have the exact problem you guys resolving here, unfortunately JMicronATA.kext doesn't work for me somehow. My system is stabile with maxmem=2500, but PATA and 8GB it gived me KP.. Remember is guarenteed to to that.

When I try to use slashack's JMicronATA.kext (both JMB360 or without it) my system doesn't come up... it does not see the disk I have Leopard on. when I put back original kext.. system works agan (exept the bigger memory {censored})

I'll attach the info you usually request for debuging.

Info.plist is from the JMicronATA.kext when system does not boot (your kext).

Can you help me?

info.zip

post-155677-1236174767_thumb.jpg

post-155677-1236174817_thumb.jpg

Hey Slashack, the source code for medevil's driver is here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77071

The driver in question is the -TEST one which allows use of the SATA DVD drives.

If you take too long to get around to it, I might try merging your code into the source... dont let me stop you tho :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers,

Benos.

I grabbed the sources from there. But TEST sources aren't there, so i can't fix it. If someone has medevil's TEST kext sources, i'll fix them. (The other option is to get a new motherboard with a JMicron chipset, a sata DVD, a cpu, install osx and if i'm lucky, the problem will reproduce on this new pc and i'll need to fix it. But i got no money and it's worthless for anyone to spend money on this)

I grabbed the sources from there. But TEST sources aren't there, so i can't fix it. If someone has medevil's TEST kext sources, i'll fix them. (The other option is to get a new motherboard with a JMicron chipset, a sata DVD, a cpu, install osx and if i'm lucky, the problem will reproduce on this new pc and i'll need to fix it. But i got no money and it's worthless for anyone to spend money on this)

I'll see what I can do to get the source. Thanks for offering to help out with this!

Hi Slashack,

Can you build JmicronATA.kext(that one with 197b:2360 support added) on snow xcode as X86_64 please?

Tried using your source to update the project and set it as x86_64 but failed on build with lots of errors and warnings...

Thanks

Hi Slashack,

Can you build JmicronATA.kext(that one with 197b:2360 support added) on snow xcode as X86_64 please?

Tried using your source to update the project and set it as x86_64 but failed on build with lots of errors and warnings...

Thanks

I don't have snow installed. And i use this PC too much to install snow on it and start developing or testing drivers until it's fully compatible. I think you'll need to wait until snow it's more tested or i can get a new hdd from somewhere to try it.

Hey guys!

Is there someone who got 8GB RAM running well in Leo with M2N32 SLI Deluxe board? I've read this topic and installed new AppleNForceATA (0.1), but I still cant boot in Mac OS without maxmem=5100. When I set it to maxmem=5300 or more, desktop freezes right before the wallpaper and mouse pointer should appear. No kernel panics, just blue screen... The only thing that changed after installing AppleNForceATA - no more kernel panics (on maxmem=5100) while Rember running.

I've got 3 SATA HDDs and IDE DVD-ROM (primary master mode). Disabling IDE in BIOS doesnt help.

Thanks!

P.S. Booting in safe mode (-x) seems to work - all 8GBs is visible by OS, but disabling all kext which are not loading in safe mode and booting in normal doesnt give any positive results.

Hey guys!

Is there someone who got 8GB RAM running well in Leo with M2N32 SLI Deluxe board? I've read this topic and installed new AppleNForceATA (0.1), but I still cant boot in Mac OS without maxmem=5100. When I set it to maxmem=5300 or more, desktop freezes right before the wallpaper and mouse pointer should appear. No kernel panics, just blue screen... The only thing that changed after installing AppleNForceATA - no more kernel panics (on maxmem=5100) while Rember running.

I've got 3 SATA HDDs and IDE DVD-ROM (primary master mode). Disabling IDE in BIOS doesnt help.

Thanks!

P.S. Booting in safe mode (-x) seems to work - all 8GBs is visible by OS, but disabling all kext which are not loading in safe mode and booting in normal doesnt give any positive results.

This doesn't make much sense, cause u need 64 bits to address more than 4 gb of ram. Look at the first post in this topic, and make what it says in question number 7 in the FAQ. Post those files here.

Have u tried removing your graphics card kexts?

I don't have snow installed. And i use this PC too much to install snow on it and start developing or testing drivers until it's fully compatible. I think you'll need to wait until snow it's more tested or i can get a new hdd from somewhere to try it.

Hi,

You can install 10.6 SDK, no need to install snow to build it x86_64

I hope you will make it soon even snow is not finished, for developing stuff :unsure:

Thanks.

This doesn't make much sense, cause u need 64 bits to address more than 4 gb of ram. Look at the first post in this topic, and make what it says in question number 7 in the FAQ. Post those files here.

Have u tried removing your graphics card kexts?

I use -force64 flag and tried to delete graphics card kext, but steel no result. System hangs on blue screen. I've attached dump.txt without screen shots, because I dont get any kernel panics...

dump.txt

Hi all, much of these discussions (here) are over my head. I am not sure this solution is what I am looking for - but it seems it would. I am just finishing my first build, GA-EX58_UD4P with 6 gigs DDR3. My system profilers shows I have two slots with 2 gigs but a third slot shows empty. But it really does have three slots with 2 gigs a piece (6).

Is there something here in the patched files that I should take and install? I use UInstaller_1.2 so it's pretty painless - once I see what I Need.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

You can install 10.6 SDK, no need to install snow to build it x86_64

I hope you will make it soon even snow is not finished, for developing stuff :)

Thanks.

Didn't find 10.6 SDK in apple developer connection. Where is it?

I use -force64 flag and tried to delete graphics card kext, but steel no result. System hangs on blue screen. I've attached dump.txt without screen shots, because I dont get any kernel panics...

I'm assuming you've got an NVidia card. Use this to move every NVidia extensions to a /backup folder.

boot with -s.

type:

mount -uw /
mkdir /backup
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mv <EXTENSION NAME HERE> /backup
rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

reboot and boot with -v -f debug=0x100

This are my extensions (that has something to do with nvidia cards) Maybe u don't have all of them, and u have Titan/Natit/NVInject or any other injector. I use NVkush:

NVDANV10Hal.kext

NVDANV20Hal.kext

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDANV40HalPPC.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVDAResmanPPC.kext

NVkush.kext

GeForce.kext

GeForce2MXGLDriver.bundle

GeForce3GLDriver.bundle

GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle

GeForce7xxxGLDriverPPC.bundle

GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle

GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle

GeForceFXGLDriverPPC.bundle

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceGAPPC.plugin

GeForcePPC.kext

GeForceVADriver.bundle

GeForceVADriverPPC.bundle

What do u mean? I understood that whas for DVD boot.

Not sure about DVD Boot but I use it after an installation to fix the normal boot speed. It used to pause for short periods on:

kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

on boot and this fix removes most if not all of these lines.

I'm currently using maxmem flag to stop panics tho and it seems fine.

Not sure about DVD Boot but I use it after an installation to fix the normal boot speed. It used to pause for short periods on:

kernel[0]: AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

on boot and this fix removes most if not all of these lines.

I'm currently using maxmem flag to stop panics tho and it seems fine.

But javaloui already included 4gb fix in AppleNForceATA. Where do u need it?

Didn't find 10.6 SDK in apple developer connection. Where is it?

Nvm you still need to install snow to test the kexts....

I builded some kexts x86_64, and even they compiled just fine w/o errors they refusd to load/work on snow...

So best way is to install latest snow+latest snow xcode.

Nvm you still need to install snow to test the kexts....

I builded some kexts x86_64, and even they compiled just fine w/o errors they refusd to load/work on snow...

So best way is to install latest snow+latest snow xcode.

Sorry. I'll need an extra hard drive for that. And i don't have such money. And i don't want to ask for any money cause i don't know if it's going to work. Although i think i could achieve that, there's a tiny chance i caouldn't, and i don't want to ask for money if i'm not 100% sure.

Sorry. I'll need an extra hard drive for that. And i don't have such money. And i don't want to ask for any money cause i don't know if it's going to work. Although i think i could achieve that, there's a tiny chance i caouldn't, and i don't want to ask for money if i'm not 100% sure.

You can just create a partition for it, not a big deal...works just fine here on my lappie:

THe-KiNG:~ theking$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
  #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
  0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *298.1 Gi   disk0
  1:                        EFI                         200.0 Mi   disk0s1
  2:                  Apple_HFS Macintosh               70.0 Gi    disk0s2
  3:                  Apple_HFS Snow                    19.9 Gi    disk0s3
  4:                  Apple_HFS Work                    20.1 Gi    disk0s4
  5:                  Apple_HFS Media                   187.4 Gi   disk0s5

No need for extra hdd, but you know better...

You can just create a partition for it, not a big deal...works just fine here on my lappie:

THe-KiNG:~ theking$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
  #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
  0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *298.1 Gi   disk0
  1:                        EFI                         200.0 Mi   disk0s1
  2:                  Apple_HFS Macintosh               70.0 Gi    disk0s2
  3:                  Apple_HFS Snow                    19.9 Gi    disk0s3
  4:                  Apple_HFS Work                    20.1 Gi    disk0s4
  5:                  Apple_HFS Media                   187.4 Gi   disk0s5

No need for extra hdd, but you know better...

Yes, i know that. But there's no room for that.

Hello Slashack, I have fresh new hackintosh but I experience now some problems with IDE dvd drive(SOMETIMES get kernel panic after i insert DVD). I would like to ask you, if my problem can be fixed. I have photo of my screen with panic and dump.txt in attachments.

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

post-385384-1237933689_thumb.jpg

dump.txt

I'm struggling to get this working, I've attached screengrabs if someone can advice?. I'm using 0.6 version of driver and when its installed system kp's :-(

Attached is ioreg dump can anyone spot anything wrong?, I used ktexthelper to install it.

I'll take a look. Just wait.

Hello Slashack, I have fresh new hackintosh but I experience now some problems with IDE dvd drive(SOMETIMES get kernel panic after i insert DVD). I would like to ask you, if my problem can be fixed. I have photo of my screen with panic and dump.txt in attachments.

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

post-385384-1237933689_thumb.jpg

dump.txt

This is a known issue. There's a problem with something there in the iokit inside kernel. Which kernel are u using?

I am using Iatkos v5i default kernel. I dont know exectly but during customize in installation i let kernel without changes.. How can I found out exectly what i am running?

edit: so the dafault kernel shoul be vanilla 9.50

I'm struggling to get this working, I've attached screengrabs if someone can advice?. I'm using 0.6 version of driver and when its installed system kp's :-(

Attached is ioreg dump can anyone spot anything wrong?, I used ktexthelper to install it.

Why do u need JMicronATA?

You don't have any ata devices.