AppleVIAATA over 4gb RAM bug solved (at least i believe so)! JMicron and AppleNForceATA at development

slashack

568 posts in this topic

So stat.txt attached. Thank you that you helping me.stat.txt

Well, we should try changing some kexts.

In the panic, the kexts involved are (the order is the calling order):

JMicronATA (1.0.0)

IOATAFamily (1.7.1f4)

IOATAPIProtocolTransport (1.5.0)

IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily (2.0.4)

IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice (2.0.4)

What panics is the iokit. But the backtrace shows that JMicronATA called the iokit to do something. The order above is the one that was made before the panic.

IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice called IOSCSIArchitucterModelFamily who called IOATAPIProcotolTransport, who called IOATAFamily.kext then the kernel, then IOATAFamily.kext again, then JMicronATA once and then kernel who called panic.

What we need right now is someone with a working JMicron chipset to tell us what versions of the above kext is using.

This are the versions i'm using (AppleVIAATA is the one for me, not JMicron) in case u want to try with them

JMicronATA (not using it)

IOATAFamily (2.0.0)

IOATAPIProtocolTransport (not using it)

IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily (2.0.5)

IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice (2.0.5)

Why do u need JMicronATA?

You don't have any ata devices.

I have an IDE dvd writer attached (PIONEER DVDR-111D). I've fixed the problem and it boots OK without error :-)

What I did was I checked BIOS and I changed the IDE mode from AHCI to IDE for the IDE controller and now works!.

Interestingly I compared the original ioreg with one now and I see the drive listed.

+-o PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D Media <class IORegistryEntry:IOService:IOStorage:IOMedia:IODVDMedia, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 10>

Thank you VERY much for this, seems to work great so far

Well, we should try changing some kexts.

In the panic, the kexts involved are (the order is the calling order):

JMicronATA (1.0.0)

IOATAFamily (1.7.1f4)

IOATAPIProtocolTransport (1.5.0)

IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily (2.0.4)

IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice (2.0.4)

What panics is the iokit. But the backtrace shows that JMicronATA called the iokit to do something. The order above is the one that was made before the panic.

IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice called IOSCSIArchitucterModelFamily who called IOATAPIProcotolTransport, who called IOATAFamily.kext then the kernel, then IOATAFamily.kext again, then JMicronATA once and then kernel who called panic.

What we need right now is someone with a working JMicron chipset to tell us what versions of the above kext is using.

This are the versions i'm using (AppleVIAATA is the one for me, not JMicron) in case u want to try with them

JMicronATA (not using it)

IOATAFamily (2.0.0)

IOATAPIProtocolTransport (not using it)

IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily (2.0.5)

IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice (2.0.5)

Ok, perfect. Do I have to wait until I find someone with similar chipset or can i try some kext? And what kext exactly?This one from the first post or another? Lot of questions, sorry about that.icon1.gifJMicronATA.kext(JMB360).zip JMicronATA v0.6 with JMB360 support

Ok, perfect. Do I have to wait until I find someone with similar chipset or can i try some kext? And what kext exactly?This one from the first post or another? Lot of questions, sorry about that.icon1.gifJMicronATA.kext(JMB360).zip JMicronATA v0.6 with JMB360 support

dont know if it helps you but this is me with ICH9 chipset using jmicron

Darwin author.homenetwork 9.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.4.0: Fri Aug  1 21:34:49 EST 2008; ToH & StageXNU:xnu-1228.5.20/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

43	2 0x5c0d0000 0xd000	 0xc000	 com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily (1.7.3f1) <6 5 4 2>
  44	0 0x5c0e9000 0x8000	 0x7000	 com.jmicron.JMicronATA (1.0.6) <43 17 12>
  53	0 0x5c4dd000 0x4000	 0x3000	 com.apple.iokit.IOATAPIProtocolTransport (1.5.2) <50 43 12>
  50	6 0x5c3b0000 0x19000	0x18000	com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily (2.0.4) <6 5 4 2>
  58	1 0x5c68d000 0x16000	0x15000	com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIBlockCommandsDevice (2.0.4) <50 21 6 5 4 2>
  60	0 0x5c6e0000 0x16000	0x15000	com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice (2.0.4) <59 58 57 56 50 21 6 5 4 2>

And what kext exactly are you using? JMicronATA v0.6 ?

Edit: So i gave a try to Jmicron v0.6 and for now it's working! Also with rember running a test. SWEAT. Thank you Slashack for all your affort to help! Now is my hackintosh complete and all workin.

THX

You should try using JMicronATA v0.6 unless u need JMB360. Then try different versions of IOATAFamily.kext and others kext listed.

And what kext exactly are you using? JMicronATA v0.6 ?

Edit: So i gave a try to Jmicron v0.6 and for now it's working! Also with rember running a test. SWEAT. Thank you Slashack for all your affort to help! Now is my hackintosh complete and all workin.

THX

yes 0.60 but its working for you i see :thumbsup_anim:

Someone know which kext I need for the Gigabyte G31M-ES2L motherboard? I think, this motherboard don't have JMicron, so... JmicronATA.kext is not the ideal choice for me.. I appreciate if someone try to help me a bit! Thanks!

Look at the first post and make a dump (ioreg -l > dump.txt), then attach it.

K guys im sorry for sounding so damn dumb, im sure its been asked but i couldnt find it.

once i download "AppleNForceATA.kext v0.1 compiled for 10.4.8" and unzip it, theirs no kexts inside. someone mentioned compiling source code? How do i do that? im so frustrated at my hackintosh. only thing it fails at is freezing randomly while installing stuff. which is very frustrating. i just wanna do my freakin homework and enjoy the speed of it. it flys when it doesnt freeze. my laptop fails at adobe stuff :)

ideneb 10.5.5

Q6600 @ 3.0ghz

Evga 680i

4gb G-skill ddr2 800

8800gts ssc 640mb/320bit

160+500gb sata seagate barracuda

Samsung dvd r/w

Corsair 750w psu

Antec 900 case

K guys im sorry for sounding so damn dumb, im sure its been asked but i couldnt find it.

once i download "AppleNForceATA.kext v0.1 compiled for 10.4.8" and unzip it, theirs no kexts inside. someone mentioned compiling source code? How do i do that? im so frustrated at my hackintosh. only thing it fails at is freezing randomly while installing stuff. which is very frustrating. i just wanna do my freakin homework and enjoy the speed of it. it flys when it doesnt freeze. my laptop fails at adobe stuff :)

ideneb 10.5.5

Q6600 @ 3.0ghz

Evga 680i

4gb G-skill ddr2 800

8800gts ssc 640mb/320bit

160+500gb sata seagate barracuda

Samsung dvd r/w

Corsair 750w psu

Antec 900 case

If you are running 10.5.5, you want AppleNForceATA.kext.zip and install it using Kext helper b7.....

Did that thankyou. however now it crashes first 2 minutes after numerous reboots :( so i turned off, pulled a stick of ram and did an update. now its not booting at all. wow fml

Grab an ubuntu cd. Boot from there and try testing your memory (ubuntu live cd has that option? i think so). Then if your system passes memtest we'll find the problem.

Grab an ubuntu cd. Boot from there and try testing your memory (ubuntu live cd has that option? i think so). Then if your system passes memtest we'll find the problem.

using dos i just wiped the drive. i should have mem test laying around here somewhere ill go ahead and run it. wow thx slashack. nice to see a developer actually still into his project. your the man :)

using dos i just wiped the drive. i should have mem test laying around here somewhere ill go ahead and run it. wow thx slashack. nice to see a developer actually still into his project. your the man :wallbash:

Also if you have been having any problems with your system running OS X, check out my Pre-Series 7 nForce chipset thread.....and my blog.......start by doublechecking your BIOS settings against the recommended settings for 680i....

Hi! slashack:

Thanks for your great works. I am now struggling to patch JMicronATA 0.6 to my Kalyway 10.5.6 system, but after patched, the system can not start, seems the kext does not compat with kernal or my patch procedue is nor correct, or I should patch kext before upgrade to Kalyway 10.5.6?

Hi! slashack:

Thanks for your great works. I am now struggling to patch JMicronATA 0.6 to my Kalyway 10.5.6 system, but after patched, the system can not start, seems the kext does not compat with kernal or my patch procedue is nor correct, or I should patch kext before upgrade to Kalyway 10.5.6?

What do you mean with patching? There's no patching to do. Just install the kext with kexthelper.

Attach a ioreg dump (see first post in topic for instructions)

Well formatted the drive with dos, ran memtest ~10 times and passed 100%.

My comuter does not randomly lock up now which i LOVE! slashack you are the man!

now my dvd drive isnt recognized (prob my fault)

just wondering what exactly anyone could tell me about that, what i can do to get it working.

i can boot fine from it using any type of disc, however under apple no bueno.

thx folks!

Well formatted the drive with dos, ran memtest ~10 times and passed 100%.

My comuter does not randomly lock up now which i LOVE! slashack you are the man!

now my dvd drive isnt recognized (prob my fault)

just wondering what exactly anyone could tell me about that, what i can do to get it working.

i can boot fine from it using any type of disc, however under apple no bueno.

thx folks!

Is it an IDE drive? or a sata one? can u post a ioreg dump? What are your system specs?

Hello.

I solved my problem with jmicron 4gb+ driver from IPC 10.5.6 final release

Here is my config:

Ideneb 1.4

Asus P5K DELUXE

4GB OCZ REAPER 8500

SATA CONF RAID 0+1 VISTA

JMICRON 1XPATA DRIVE CONF IN AHCI MODE

and here is the driver package that help me with kernel panic errors JMicronATA.zip

hello all. i'm pretty new here. i think i'm in the right forum topic. i've installed mac osx with kalyway 10.5.2 and updated it using the combo updater to 10.5.6. but occasisionally i would have the system crash on me. where everything dims and it says the system needs to restart. i tried everything slashack described. where i use:

1. -v debug=0x100

2. ran rember

3. as soon as i ran rember i got an error that outputed stuff on my desktop. i took a picture

4. then i created a dump.txt

i'm not sure if this the error that this post is talking about. but i'm using an ide harddrive and i have 4 gigs of ram installed.

i've attached some files that i got from the error to this post but I have no idea what to do next. any help would be great :)

post-356935-1239134756_thumb.jpg

dump.txt

hello all. i'm pretty new here. i think i'm in the right forum topic. i've installed mac osx with kalyway 10.5.2 and updated it using the combo updater to 10.5.6. but occasisionally i would have the system crash on me. where everything dims and it says the system needs to restart. i tried everything slashack described. where i use:

1. -v debug=0x100

2. ran rember

3. as soon as i ran rember i got an error that outputed stuff on my desktop. i took a picture

4. then i created a dump.txt

i'm not sure if this the error that this post is talking about. but i'm using an ide harddrive and i have 4 gigs of ram installed.

i've attached some files that i got from the error to this post but I have no idea what to do next. any help would be great :)

post-356935-1239134756_thumb.jpg

dump.txt

Just install the JMicron.kext (read first post)