Windows 7 M3 Build 6780 preview

sama7896

48 posts in this topic

Maybe Windows 7 will be good enough to make me upgrade. My laptop originally came with Vista, but I downgraded it to XP. 7 is looking pretty promising though. If they can implement some decent features, speed up performance, and make things work a bit better, than I'll be one happy customer. :P

For crying ou loud you lot, will you grow up. You're like kids in the playground: 'My dad's car can go 180', 'Well my dad's car has twin-turbo'. You guys are the same: 'MS copied Apple', 'Well Apple started it', 'You little s**t, I'll kill you!'.

Grow up and wait for Windows 7 and Snow Leopard to come out before making your opinions of both.

Actually xerox started it, and apple took it from them. Remember? LOL

Actually xerox started it, and apple took it from them. Remember? LOL

I know Xerox started it. I know that Xerox gave them the idea of a GUI. I wasn't saying who started it, I was merely saying that you lot are like kids fighting over who pulled whos hair putting the blame on the other, hence the 'You little s**t, I'll kill you!'.

Windows 7 is looking more and more like an incremental bug fix for Vista (Win95 -> Win98), and less and less like the groundbreaking status-quo-shattering OS we were promised last year (Win98 -> Win2000).

Not impressed...

Nobody ever said Windows 7 was supposed be be a major release, everyone's said that it's meant to be minor.

Vista was a groundbreaking OS if you mean the amount of problems some people had ;)

Vista is to Windows 98

As

Windows 7 is to Windows 98se

windows 7 is supose to be what vista should have been.

and yes Windows 7 is looking very promissing. more die hard stable code that should have been vista...

like DX 11 is DX10 but better coded and will work on all DX 10 cards

I don't believe that they would be making a new Windows without some new features. Because if its just an improvement on Vista, I see no reason to upgrade because Vista is very fast and stable for me. But I can't imagine there wouldn't be some awesome new features.

Same thing could be said about Snow Leopard.

I don't believe that they would be making a new Windows without some new features. Because if its just an improvement on Vista, I see no reason to upgrade because Vista is very fast and stable for me. But I can't imagine there wouldn't be some awesome new features.

DX11. DX10 that works pretty much. Then again, vista is suppose to get dx11 too...Well, it'll be what Vista is from XP. Doesn't introduce anything really new or needed for that matter, but has more room for performance than what XP does.

No, homie. That would make the font larger. I don't want that. I want better readability in the same size. Go look at 12px font on Windows, Mac, and any flavor of Linux. Then tell me you don't see a difference.

I see a huge difference. But like you said it is subjective, what looks good to one person looks crappy to another.

Do yourself a favor, if you don't already install and use this PowerToy, you should. :)

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypePowerToy.mspx

One of the first things I do, it really makes a HUGE difference at least IMHO, works fine in Vista even though it says some about not installing properly, you can just ignore that warning.

Same thing could be said about Snow Leopard.

Yeah, but Apple has actually come out and said that basically all they are doing is optimization. Microsoft didn't really say anything like that. Although, they never really said that they weren't going to do something like that. ( I sure hope they don't do that, I'm really itching for some cool features. )

Most of what MS has said about Windows 7 doesn't really affect me. I mean, I don't have a touchscreen computer, I don't do any computer gaming, I use Firefox, and the built in software I have alternatives for. Some more info from them would be nice, but I guess they can't promise too much, and they probably are looking for a more anticipated launch to get more people to switch from XP and Vista to 7.