nForce LAN driver

eno

740 posts in this topic

Well done eno, keep up the good work :)

It's the only driver that works for me (i'm using it the last 5 hours :) ), my motherboard is GA-M55plus-S3G (rev. 2.0) nForce 430 chipset (MCP51) and in the Comparison Sheet here it says that it's using the Onboard Marvell 88E1116 PHY(10/100/1000Mbit).

For everyone that have the same motherboard, just to know that i used the iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 installation DVD, without selecting any LAN driver. But after the installation couldn't login and had to enter the root command, booting with -s and then:

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV*kext
exit

i found this here

After that, i installed the LAN Driver with the OSX86Tools from the Applications.

I also tried the latest Voodoo kernel 9.5.0 Rev A, but unfortunately i got kernel panic in normal and safe mode. Strangely the RC kernel of the 9.5.0 version works without a problem. I downloaded from here.

My graphics card is Geforce 9500 GT 512MB DDR2 and i folowed this NVIDIA GEFORCE 9500 GT, IDENEB 10.5.5 to make it work. The link of the package in rapidshare is limited so you have to download it from http://depositfiles.com/files/qoeo7uxmt ...

My system specs are:

AMD 3800+ x2, 4GB RAM DDR2 800, Geforce 9500 GT 512MB, 2 IDE DVD Drives, I'm testing it on an external USB Hard Drive.

To install this all you have to do is install the kext with something like kext helper right? Cause I installed it and Ethernet doesn't even show up now instead airport does...

EDIT: Ok more info, I have the MCP51 and I went into the Activity Monitor and Noticed that its sending out data but not receiving any. And when I go into Network settings it shows that the Ethernet is not connected but the Airport is.

Hi,

I tried the latest Version (0.62.6) for my system.

First it looks very good to me but then I had the issue that my networkconnection stuck.

Not the whole System stopped working but there was no possibility to create any networktraffic.

A ping to the Loopback-Device worked but no more to any other address.

Any suggestions?

Currently switched back to nForcEthernet.kext which freezes during heavy traffic.

So long ...

YipMan

Is this driver supposed to work for the nForce 680i motherboards? My LAN chipset is showing Vendor ID 0x10DE and Device ID 0x0373.

When I load this driver, I have about 15 seconds of network connectivity with full internet until the driver shuts down. After that, I have to restart in order to get a connection to the network. There is nothing showing up in the syslog. Any ideas?

Is this driver supposed to work for the nForce 680i motherboards? My LAN chipset is showing Vendor ID 0x10DE and Device ID 0x0373.

When I load this driver, I have about 15 seconds of network connectivity with full internet until the driver shuts down. After that, I have to restart in order to get a connection to the network. There is nothing showing up in the syslog. Any ideas?

Check out Mysticus C* nForce Drivers Installer in my Pre-Series 7 nForce thread...... :(

Hi, all.

I installed the latest Eno's nForceLAN Driver. The lan conncetion drops after visiting 1 site and no more... ;)

Motherboard is Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe with Marvell and MCP such as Eno (in the first post).

I have the same problem, i use iDeneb 1.3 and my motherboard is M2N32-SLI Deluxe ;)

I have the same problem, i use iDeneb 1.3 and my motherboard is M2N32-SLI Deluxe :(

With AMD motherboards it is recommended that you use the Voodoo XNU kernel as I have not tested NForceLAN.kext with any other non-vanilla kernel. If your problem persists please turn up the log level and send me the contents of your system.log (at least all lines containing nForceLAN:) after the network has gone down.

BTW, do both exhibit this problem or just one of them?

With AMD motherboards it is recommended that you use the Voodoo XNU kernel as I have not tested NForceLAN.kext with any other non-vanilla kernel. If your problem persists please turn up the log level and send me the contents of your system.log (at least all lines containing nForceLAN:) after the network has gone down.

BTW, do both exhibit this problem or just one of them?

I changed my kernel to voodoo xnu 9.5.0, but i have the same problem. I was posting my syslog. Thank You :rolleyes:

systemlogfull.rtf

I changed my kernel to voodoo xnu 9.5.0, but i have the same problem. I was posting my syslog. Thank You :thumbsup_anim:

Do both ports have the problem or just one of them? There may be problems with using port 2 with the forcedeth linux driver (which this driver is based off of).

Also, you need to turn up the log level in nForceLAN.kext/Contents/Info.plist . Set the log level to 2 or 3 and give me the system.log after the network has dropped.

I use firs port.

By the way, I had a kernel panic, when I diactivate service in Network preferens or just do kextunload in terminal.

The log lavel is 3.

Here is my system.log

Everything looks fine in your log (except for the lack of timer interrupts, but that shouldn't be a problem). As of the end of your log the driver is still processing rx/tx done. Do you know the approximate time the network went down?

I know that there is a bug somewhere in disable that causes a crash. I am not sure where though because the crash is really inconsistent on my machines.

I have installed the forcedeth.kext and Mac recognises my ethernet card, but i can't connect to the internet. Not with automatic neither manual configuration. The little button turns to green and it says I have ip-adress 165.xxx.xxx.xxx (don't know the exact adress). But normally (in windows) it's always 192.168.1.10x. It says I am connected but Safri still doesn't work.

Does anyone have a solution - This was orginally posted by Flake I'm having the same problem if anyone could help I'd definitely appreciate it. I have a hp pavilion slimline s7700n Kalyway OSX 10.5.2

My ethernet :nVIDIA nForce 430 (MCP51) - LAN Controller (PHY: Realtek RTL8201CL/CP) PCI

My mobo is Mobo ID:11/30/2006-C51-MCP51-Pyrite-00, Motherboard Name:Asus A8N-BR (Pyrite)

I have installed the forcedeth.kext and Mac recognises my ethernet card, but i can't connect to the internet. Not with automatic neither manual configuration. The little button turns to green and it says I have ip-adress 165.xxx.xxx.xxx (don't know the exact adress). But normally (in windows) it's always 192.168.1.10x. It says I am connected but Safri still doesn't work.

Does anyone have a solution - This was orginally posted by Flake I'm having the same problem if anyone could help I'd definitely appreciate it. I have a hp pavilion slimline s7700n Kalyway OSX 10.5.2

My ethernet :nVIDIA nForce 430 (MCP51) - LAN Controller (PHY: Realtek RTL8201CL/CP) PCI

My mobo is Mobo ID:11/30/2006-C51-MCP51-Pyrite-00, Motherboard Name:Asus A8N-BR (Pyrite)

Delete forcedeth.kext and install nForceLAN.kext

Macmania, try to disconect your ethernet cabel, swith off your computiter and wait 30 seconds. Then try to configure your ip manual.

eno, its strange: the logs look like OK, but Network doesn't work since 1 minute (approximate).

That is really odd...

Do you have access to a live boot linux cd? You can get from the ubuntu site. It would be interesting to see if the linux forcedeth driver exhibits the same behavior (this way we can isolate whether there is an incompatibility with the forcedeth driver). I know you are using port 1 but can you also test port 2?

I know you guys are going to hate me one thing I left out I'm using iDeneb 10.5.5 and I my ethernet cable is hooked up to a motorola wireless ethernet bridge we800G. It's funny because the bridge works on Windows Xp but not iDeneb 10.5.5 I looked up the drivers on the motorola website but their linux drivers. http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/home_networking.asp

here's a little of the terminal info

extensions forcedeth.kext has potential problems.

Warnings:

kext has immediate dependecies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components,

use only one style"=true

kextload extension:forcedeth.kext appears to be loadable

kextload extension:loading extension forcedeth.kext

kextload extension:extension forcedeth.kext is already loaded

I wrote it by hand because I couldn't you know access the net

I know you guys are going to hate me one thing I left out I'm using iDeneb 10.5.5 and I my ethernet cable is hooked up to a motorola wireless ethernet bridge we800G. It's funny because the bridge works on Windows Xp but not iDeneb 10.5.5 I looked up the drivers on the motorola website but their linux drivers. http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/home_networking.asp

here's a little of the terminal info

extensions forcedeth.kext has potential problems.

Warnings:

kext has immediate dependecies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components,

use only one style"=true

kextload extension:forcedeth.kext appears to be loadable

kextload extension:loading extension forcedeth.kext

kextload extension:extension forcedeth.kext is already loaded

I wrote it by hand because I couldn't you know access the net

As I said. Try nForceLAN.kext instead of forcedeth.kext. It should work better for you.

How do i delete forcedeth.kext? so that I can install nforceLAN.kext.

boot with -s

mount -uw /

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/forcedeth.kext

exit

then install nForceLAN.kext with Kext Helper b7......