Intel 845/855/865 Integrated Graphics Poll

242 posts in this topic

Good idea! I think, it is only real practical option, which we have left to get a working driver for 845/855/865 on OSX 10.4.5 and 10.4.6. Please let us know, when you will start a new thread related on this topic. Thanks.

Ok listen,

1) Karthik has left us, I think, atleast he hasnt replied to my emails.

2) I am a coder at www.rentacoder.com. I do small grapic design and small coding.

3) Why not make a paypal account, where we all deposit our pledges

4) With this money, i think last it was aorund 600$, post a 845/855/865 Driver request. Choose a bidder.

5) Voila, within a month, maybe less, we get a working driver for OSX.

6) Lemme know. Maybe I will start another thread relating to this.

Mr. Unstable Connection did offer a good idea~ :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
$232 (more coming) for Intel 8x5 Graphics 10.4.5 working kext.

Yes, these PC are end of life and thats what all the hardware manufacturers want. Short life cycle. Great for sales.

However, the truth is that these suckers can still have a few more years service and thats great for us, not the manufacturers.

Keep the pledges coming.....

Now, who can Xcode kexts and has some reversing experience ?

or

Access to Darwin kext (10.4.1) sources for importing into Xcode 10.4.5 ?

any takers in the coding community here up for it ?

:)

to be honest with you, I'm pretty happy with my Intel 865(865GBF Desktop Board) + P4 3 Ghz (Hyper Threading) + 2 Gigz RAM :D, never gave me any trouble at all.. and speed is not a problem either :)

Please now, i got Mac working fine on it :)

had to tweak a few things, but i can say in the end that its working pretty stable... I have sound(no mic), network.. hehe

• 2 weeks later...

ok I think the forum is mad! Very old messages are being copied. there is a mysterious mention of "SDL drivers" in the Wiki:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.4.6

855GM Intel Works out-of-the-box with default VESA driver. No nice features, though VLC with the SDL drivers works brilliantly. No 1024x768 Yes

Anyone heard about this?

i think it it's a different output/drawing method, i didn't try out because i'm not booting in os x for some time cuz i'm freaking out not to be able to activate QE on 10.4.1 that i update to 10.4.3 and that i can't get 1280*800 on 10.4.6/7 :thumbsup_anim:

i'll try to compile it tomorrow, i should receive 512Mb of DDR400 to double my notebook memory :D

it's an output plugin for video/audio i found some info for debian but SDL is still SDL :P => http://packages.debian.org/oldstable/graphics/vlc-sdl

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...