Intel 845/855/865 Integrated Graphics Poll

242 posts in this topic

Its gonna take time ppl. Coding dont happen overnight. Minimum 2 weeks according to my friend who is doing it (Karthik). More like a month though. I will let u know if any progress. BTW Our exams start on May 2nd......so its gonna be some time

Hopefully good news in 2-3 days more. be patient. Getting 1280*1024 with a test build but system crashes and reboots again in 1024*768 after some time. Problem is with VRAM assignment (jus a crappy 8 MB or 16 MB).. will soon post a working build.. any ideas as to y else the above may be happening are welcome..

not sure if helps. but i have a intel 855gm

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x3582

Revision ID: 0x0002

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

it shows 128 vram but in bios is set to 32meg (max)

when boot darwin shows 31meg

Hopefully good news in 2-3 days more. be patient. Getting 1280*1024 with a test build but system crashes and reboots again in 1024*768 after some time. Problem is with VRAM assignment (jus a crappy 8 MB or 16 MB).. will soon post a working build.. any ideas as to y else the above may be happening are welcome..

When you reboot is the kext still loaded? Some times osx rejects the kexts on reboot when they are altered. Use the -f kernal flag in the boot plist and see if your res changes

Ok ppl,

here are the drivers. Try them with 10.4.3/10.4.4/10.4.5.. They do not work on 10.4.6 as of now.

Notes:-

1. Max resolution 1280*1024@85Hz.

2. QE but no CI

3. Works for 845/855/865 Graphic chipsets

4. Video memory allocation largely solved.. allocates upto 64MB properly

5. Kext does not load at times.. try deleting existing kests with the same name.. and rebooting..

keep me informed of the issues u face. i am also trying to iron out the difficulties altho i think the response may be slow as my exams are coming up..

Hey its not allowing me to upload now.. i am mailing them to unstable connection who will upload them fer ya ASAP.. :)

cheers man, good work. one question...im abit new to all this. do we just install these drivers within OSX once its loaded up ? the reason i ask is that when i load into OSX and its greyand white i can hardly see anything because its all really blurry. Trying to install drivers may prove to be a problem if i cant see the screen properly due to blur factor.

i can upload them to my webspace if you cant find anyone.

peace

Ok ppl,

here are the drivers. Try them with 10.4.3/10.4.4/10.4.5.. They do not work on 10.4.6 as of now.

Notes:-

1. Max resolution 1280*1024@85Hz.

2. QE but no CI

3. Works for 845/855/865 Graphic chipsets

4. Video memory allocation largely solved.. allocates upto 64MB properly

5. Kext does not load at times.. try deleting existing kests with the same name.. and rebooting..

keep me informed of the issues u face. i am also trying to iron out the difficulties altho i think the response may be slow as my exams are coming up..

Hey its not allowing me to upload now.. i am mailing them to unstable connection who will upload them fer ya ASAP.. :)

what's ur config.. and more importantly which version of osx86 are u using on which graphics adapter? these drivers hav to be installed from within the GUI preferably but if u are uncomfortable/arent able to boot in, then boot into single user mode with -s and log on as superuser and install the same..

what's ur config.. and more importantly which version of osx86 are u using on which graphics adapter? these drivers hav to be installed from within the GUI preferably but if u are uncomfortable/arent able to boot in, then boot into single user mode with -s and log on as superuser and install the same..

hi

im using

Dell 510m laptop

Intel Pentium M 1.6ghz

Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME graphics controller

OSX86 10.4.4

ill give it ago, i havnt used OSX enough to know if its managable with everything currentley so blurred. will it just be like a .dmg file or something which extracts somewhere ? If theres a certain process for installing the drivers then any instructions would be great.

anyway thanks tons for this, fingers crossed they work :)

Hi Karthik Ramgopal

thx for your work - will try them as soon as i can download your driver drivers. Will you be able to improve the resolution to 1400x1050 - i do get 1280 x 1024 without any drivers

tom

p.s. hardware - dell d505, 855 GM chipset (1 or 8 MB Videomemory) - osx 10.4.5

Hi Karthik,

I am also very keen - have a dell d400 i855 with the 8 bit graphics problem.

It is very easy to read in the terminal - bit tough in the gui in this mode.

very keen to give the drivers a try - when they are available

thanks

Alec

Hi Karthik,

First, CI is not possible (i think) on intelchipsets older than GMA 900; so QE is the best you can get... So this brings me to my question - how did you enable QE? The thing is that I have an ATI Radeon 7500 card, which also does not support CI, only QE; however, we could not get QE enabled. We managed to get OpenGL running (using some old OpenGL framework), but not QE (which uses GL). So your answer may provide a way to enable QE on older radeons, maybe with omni's drivers.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have tried these file with no change. In "About This Mac" still says "No Kext Loaded"

i have done all prermissions removed old then installed new. deleted cache files with no success.

still not loading.

had a look at hardware id string and empty (0000) for accept all id's = nothing

change id's to 3582 = nothing.

please Karthik Ramgopal nothing changed please what am i doing wrong ?

Vas

Acer TravelMate 660

855 Intel Intergrated Video - 32 Max Ram via Bios

Mac OS X 10.4.5 x86 8G1454

VRAM (Total): 128 MB = why is 128 when bios says 32 but darwin boot says 31 ?

Device ID: 0x3582

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Revision ID: 0x0002

anything else you need ?

P.S. no kext loaded when kextstat

I can load AppleIntel915.kext and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext in terminal

but after reboot, these kexts did not load when system started.

I am runing 10.4.5 and my card is 855gme, min ram 8mb, max ram 64mb

Dev id: 3582, Ven id: 8086, Rev id: 02

Thanks for you work, hope these information helps

Well well..

lotsa responses..

Replying to vas,

see did u do kextcache -m? that should reset it.. else try manually kextloading.. and how mmuch VRAM is it showing in OS X? keep me updated..

and ppl please do not replace the files from windows using transmac/macdrive. IT WILL NOT WORK AS THE PERMISSIONS WONT BE PROPER AND OS X wont boot.

Me too trying on a few laptops out here today evening...

Will keep u posted..