Intel 845/855/865 Integrated Graphics Poll

242 posts in this topic

$20, if I can't get 10.4.6 to install.

I have a Gateway m275 Tablet, Intel 855.

I would just like to get 1024x768x32 and run QE. It works fine in 10.4.1 currently.

EDIT: I installed 10.4.6 last night, and it worked just fine on my laptop with an integreated i855 chip. I'm not sure how to check to see if I have CI or QE, but it looks good right now.

there is some person working on these drivers? i visit this site continiusly but i don,t see any news. i would like don,t lose more time and to be realistic, this video card will never be suppported in macosx. is correct?

there is some person working on these drivers? i visit this site continiusly but i don,t see any news. i would like don,t lose more time and to be realistic, this video card will never be suppported in macosx. is correct?

I do not think it will ever be supported by Apple. I say this because Apple seems to be focusing on 950 graphics chipsets. The 845/855/865 is a much older card and I highly doubt Apple will consider to revert back to them.

So unless someone reverse engineers a working 845/855/865 ktext from 10.4.1 to work with 10.4.+ we're outta luck. There are two people who seem to be doing that and made some progress but its been a logn time since we have heard from them in this thread.

i have since deleted all remnants of osx86 on my computer

simply because i had too many problems with the deadmoo image

the exploited build is extremely unstable

im at a point right now where i am just about to give up, can anyone tell me, is anyone working on this stuff? is there still work going on? or should the guys with the 845/855/865 processors just give up on ever seeing a supported graphics driver?

It's a pity this topic turned into a mess (as all of them do). If you remember, it was supposed to contain only pledges towards the development of a driver. Who knows how far we could have gone...

Unfortunately, I am not the admin, so I cannot wipe the junk.

hi guys.

Im just checking. Somebody can change the resolution in 10.4.5 or 10.4.6? If you can please say how to please.

2.- This is the only treat for this subject? or there is another one? The guys who are working in this, are still alive? (lol) :D

Any progress probably not. Karthik has gone home for vacations. Lets see when he comes back and helps us. Till then i am really happy with my desktop running mac on a gf4 ti 4600.

I emailed him yesterday, but so far he hasnt replied. Neway, sorry to say this but dont keep your hopes up.

I installed 10.4.6 last night, and it worked just fine on my laptop with an integreated i855 chip. I'm not sure how to check to see if I have CI or QE, but it looks good right now. It does 1024x768x32.

:(

Go to top left corner on your OSX Screen, you will see an Apple Icon, click it and go to "About this Mac" then click "More Info", when finished you have to Graphic Card, then you will know do you have CI or QE, but I think you wont have it, I tried it already. You will noticed thet you will have a problem to watch a DVD, it will not work, if then very slow like a slide show. Good Luck!

Ok listen,

1) Karthik has left us, I think, atleast he hasnt replied to my emails.

2) I am a coder at www.rentacoder.com. I do small grapic design and small coding.

3) Why not make a paypal account, where we all deposit our pledges

4) With this money, i think last it was aorund 600$, post a 845/855/865 Driver request. Choose a bidder.

5) Voila, within a month, maybe less, we get a working driver for OSX.

6) Lemme know. Maybe I will start another thread relating to this.