Intel 845/855/865 Integrated Graphics Poll

242 posts in this topic

Hi Karthik

no sorry does not work.

did what you said and nothing. i tried to load manually AppleIntel915.kext system says already loaded. - no change

tried AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext loaded (system didn't auto load)

and vram still same amount. - 128meg

nothing has changed.

is there anything else i can do to provide you with more information ?

thanx for the quick response :)

hey..

dunno wat cud be the problem..

me gonna try it on few more of my friend's comps..

else i will try re-engineering intel linux driver for darwin..

DAMN!! 2 weeks of coding shudnt go waste!!

are u at least able to change the res. to 1280*1024?

cool,

i have res to 1280x1024x32 via

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

Code =

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple$

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

=Code

the only problem is that i have no drivers (kext) or qe

thankyou again

hi,

is there a way to some how to stop or remove the standard vga drivers (which shows 128meg details)

then try these new drivers ?

vas

P.S. are you all gonna just watch and hope the problem solves itself ?

the more help we get the closer we get to fixing the problem ! ! !

Is everyone removing Graphics Mode from their com.Apple.Boot.plist file? I don't know what difference it makes but it's part of the instructions for the NVDriverBeta1 so I would assume it might be applicable here.

As expected, this kext isn't loading with 10.4.6. I'm still getting VGA compatible. I even tried changing the IOPCIMatch to 0x35828086 just in case but no dice. Too bad I upgraded to 10.4.6 two days ago... :D

BTW: I am using a Dell Latitude D505 with 10.4.6. Everything working (even firewire) except for sleep and QuartzExtreme.

Well me looking into the issue. it is not a coding issue. The permissions are improper thats all.. me hav an exam 2morrow morn.. will finish it and post a detailed guide as to how to install these drivers.. and they are loaded in the userspace.. altho i dunno y the system profiler shows kext not loaded.. a manual kextload or a userspace scan confirms that it is loaded and is accessing system resources..

Also tell me how much RAM u are seeing in the system profiler.. and is the res. u are getting ie. 1280*1024 at a good refresh rate.. me getting at 85 Hz. on a laptop(of course it is screen dependent too)..but jus asking..

hi, i ve tried several things yesterday - but they dont work.

only 915 kext is loaded if i try to kextload it manually. Systemprofiler shows no kext loaded and 128 MB Videomemory (i can set it to 1 or 8 MB - Bios) Vesa at startup reports 7 MB

but anyway - thanks for your work an feel free to contact me if i can help

Hi tomtom78,

i have tried the same thing, i think it might have something to do with the generic vga driver already installed.

if we can try to remove this and FORCE the new drivers we'll see what happens.

but everytime i load the kext nothing changes in Apple Info. :(

like the driver just ain't get there all the way, and generic vga still the boss :(

need to fire generic vga and promote new drivers :)

still trying :)

Here is what you need to do to get the driver up and running:-

Well copy the kexts to /System/Library/Extensions using Finder and replace the old files with the same name..

Then issue the following commands in terminal after logging in as superuser using sudo -s :-

chmod - R 755 *kext file here*

chown -R root:wheel *kext file here*

Do it separtaely for all the three kexts(specify full path as in /System/Library/Extensions/Extension.kext)

After this go to Utilities and Disk Utility to correct the permissions (Just incase something went slightly wrong)

kextcache -m extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/*kext file here*

Do it separtaely for all the three kexts

kextcache -L -n -e

exit

Restart and boot with -f at next boot...IT SHOULD WORK

Note unless you do kextcache -m and kextcache -L -n -e, kext will not load at startup.. I have checked it.. It is working on my friend's laptops with QE enabled at 1280*1024@85 Hz.

Hi Karthik,

i have tried that and i get =

Pegasus:/System/Library root# kextcache -m Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel915.kext

warning: kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel915.kext is missing dependencies (including in cache anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

whats it missing ? any ideas ?

TIA

P.S. tomtom78, did you get the same thing ?

hi vas :-)

tried it step by step and no kext shows up in the system profiler - cant change the refresh rate too (but this could be because of my lcd display)

same missing dependencies message like you with all 3 kext files ... :-(

thanx tomtom78,

i also got this =

Pegasus:/System/Library/Extensions root# kextload -t AppleIntel915.kextkernel extension AppleIntel915.kext has problems:

Validation failures

{

"Kext has a kernel dependency prior to version 6.0 and CFBundleIdentifier does not match executable's MODULE_NAME" = true

}

???

i think these drivers would work on a 10.4.1,10.4.2 & 10.4.3, (can someone please try them)

the main problem we couldn't do a simple nano info.plist 10.4.5 cause apples new efi stuff (well what i've been told) and this looks like the same type of thing.

ain't look like somethings missing more looks like drivers too old wrong version

any ideas ? or am i way off ?

i get the same results over here

only the iographicsfamily.kext gets loaded on boot

appleintelintegratedframebuffer.kext and -915.kext dont

but i dont think the warning msg indicates an error

same here

waiting to see on 10.4.3 ...

ok i get appleintel915 and iographicsfamily loaded by default. but the problem is that it still is a no go. Karthik btw check the appleintegratedframebuffer, shldnt it be in contents and macos dirs inside. Creating manually.

Also with a -v it says sumthing to the tune of that the graphic card was recognized.