Intel 845/855/865 Integrated Graphics Poll

242 posts in this topic

when i attempt to load these kernel extensions, the system boots but never goes graphical. i can log in using VNC though... and all seems to be working fine. under the Display preferences i can change between 1024x768 and 800x600 resolutions, as well as various refresh rates and color settings.

revision ID: 2562

vender ID: 8086

To all who cant gor graphical in OSX after these drivers, boot with -s and repair the permissions manually using the foll commands

cd / <-- press enter

cd /system/library/extensions <-- press enter

sudo chmod -R 755 Your Kext.kext <-- press enter

sudo chown -R root:wheel Your Kext.kext <-- press enter

I've tried this drivers on my Asus laptop with OSX 10.4.5, didn't work. Kexts won't load automatically except IOGraphics but I can load them with kextload (I mean no errors because they won't work that way). I have followed instructions and tried messing with kext myself.

I'm wondering why does OSX report that I have 128mb ram available, I thought 64mb was maximum for 855 o_O

Well before when i had 10.4.1 I deleted all kexts except for appleintelintegratedgraphics.kext. And i had 1280x800, no qe but i was fine with it at the time. There is of course no 10.4.5 version of the appleintelintegratedgraphics.kext that i know of. But is there a way to compile an osx bootable kext taht essentially the same as this .kext driver from 10.4.1?

I know that I would personally paypal 20 dollars to someone who created a driver that successfully worked for my laptop.

I know that I would personally paypal 20 dollars to someone who created a driver that successfully worked for my laptop.

Ok so essentiallly

the drivers taht have been created will not load as far as i can see

basically there is an updated 6.0 extension to all the kernel functions. Libkern Bsdkern.. etc. so we cant load non 6.0 compliant kext

or am i way off>?

take a look at other kexts taht DO load in osx 10.4.3-4, specifically graphics kexts. and find what the difference is between those and the appleintelintegratedgraphics.kext from 10.4.1. Cause i got dual monitor support and full 1280x800 in 10.4.1 with just that kext alone. no appleintel830 or -915.

I think the target is to modify appleintelintegratedgraphics.kext from 10.4.1 to run on x.3-4 machines.....

so could someone with 10.4.1 send me a copy of the appleintelintegratedgraphics.kext?

This thread has a real chance of creating a working driver. If we can crack this we can crack anything. who knows whats next?

so the target workaround is that 6.0 function on the 10.4.3/4 mach_kernel

as far as i can see

Doods the reason me or karthik have not been replying is that

1) we have exams soon read 2nd may

2) Hes working on the driver

I havent chatted with him for some time now, so just relax ppl.

BTW has ne one tried these on 10.4.3

Same here. I have a 855GM on my laptop, the drivers don't load and i can't even get native resolution (1280x768).

I'd be willing to help donating $10

Can somebody at least help me in getting native resolution?

PS: Running 10.4.5

kurt-gnageys-computer:~ Macguiver$ sudo kextload -t /system/library/extensions/appleintel915.kext

can't add kernel extension /system/library/extensions/appleintel915.kext (not a bundle) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

kurt-gnageys-computer:~ Macguiver$

did i just move us forewards or backwards

i messed with some stuff but i got no error of it being not 6.0 kernel compatable or whatever

thanks its always nice to have supplies. Plus this is the kext that i got my 1280x800 on with my 10.4.1 installation... now if only we could get that one to load in 10.4.4 or even .3 for that matter

:blink: i have no clue where to start though...

when i ran a kext load

it said

kext appears to be valid

21appleintelframebuffer not compatable with superclass, 13IOFramebuffer superclass changed?

wierd...

Congratulations, it was known for a long time that 10.4.1 kexts just won't work, they have to be compiled against newer kernels. With a binary it's just a no-go. Leave it to Karthik Ramgopal, he has sources for this kext (I think) and knows his way around it.

Hi Karthik Ramgopal,

did you tried something new to get a driver for Intel 855GME work, I have an IBM Thinkpad R51, anything works but no QE; I am running OSX 10.4.6 .

GOOFY

Im not a moron im just new to coding miscz, im also trying to learn. But anyway i have heard bits and pieces from all different sources that somewhere someone got an 845/855/865 to load a kext in a version later than 10.4.1

if you search through the forum you will find it

no clue on what kext it is but i was just wondering what that was about..?

Was the kernel on the deadmoo image modified to load appleintelintegratedgraphics.kext?

oh and i heard rumors about qe being enabled on an 855 in 10.4.1 could someone give me a quick run-through of the process, i tried the one on this forum but i had some issues, kexts would not load.

Nobody loaded old kext with newer OSX, it was a misunderstanding (I've searched the forum extensively).

Getting QE in 10.4.1 was very easy. I just changed required fileds to 0x35828086 in AppleIntel810 (I'm not sure it was that name, but something like that) and in AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics. Then deleted kextcache, rebooted with -f and it just worked. I don't know if this old kexts are available here anymore, they weren't included on my installation disc.

It mostly worked but I had to warm boot from Windows because there was too little memory for textures or at least it seemed so, it resulted in very blurry everything. I don't remember exactly but there could have been some tweaking involved to lower minimum vram requirements for Quartz Extreme (should be easy enough to find directions on this forum).