HP DV Series Whitelist BIOS hack

LRZRAGE

309 posts in this topic

Hi, i have successfully hacked the dv6000 bios version f28 and f 31(newest) FOR AMD not intel systems. i have also added a cards vendor, device and sub sys id into the dv2000 f31 bios which is different than the dv6000 f31 bios as in the bioses you've patched the white list and string to disable is in the bioscod4.rom file. but in the dv2000 the white list is in the mod_5100.rom file but not the string to completely disable it. do you know any more about where this specific string is located for this bios? at this point this is for my own knowledge. i have a dv6768se with the amd chip and i have completely disabled my own machine, the dv2000 bios i am working on is for a friend and i have added the card that he wants and it works great but now we are curious to know how and where to disable the whitelist check for this perticular machine. i am assuming it is the same string to disable it just in another module and he is going to test his crisis recovery set to make sure it works so we can do much more testing but any help would be greatly apreciated. email me @ polygaryd@yahoo.com

I need some help, please. Getting 104 error on presario f500 AMD. Wish to use Apple Wireless N 300M. My bios is F.1F and my dev id for existing card is....

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4312&SUBSYS_1370103C&REV_02\4&14C5F9B7&0&0018

Please help

Thank You

Hello,

i have a hp dv9930us running OS X (10.5.6) and the version of BIOS is phoenix f.58 and i want to change my wireless card (intel 4965agn) to a dell 1390.. I am scared about flashing.. please help me?

Thank You!!

- Noel King (k1ng)

nking00 at gmail.com

Hello,

i have a hp dv9930us running OS X (10.5.6) and the version of BIOS is phoenix f.58 and i want to change my wireless card (intel 4965agn) to a dell 1390.. I am scared about flashing.. please help me?

Thank You!!

- Noel King (k1ng)

nking00 at gmail.com

k1ng, you should able to flash the bios via booting to a usb or floppy.

k1ng, you should able to flash the bios via booting to a usb or floppy.

hey lrzrage!

i have a usb ffd, but .. how? :rolleyes: I can flash your 30ccf59(patched).wph even if i have f.58? and if i can, what program i need to make a bootable disk + bios thingy :)

p.s. i like your apple logo :) that is on 30ccf599(patched).wph?

thank you so much!

-k1ng

hey lrzrage!

i have a usb ffd, but .. how? :) I can flash your 30ccf59(patched).wph even if i have f.58? and if i can, what program i need to make a bootable disk + bios thingy ;)

p.s. i like your apple logo ;) that is on 30ccf599(patched).wph?

thank you so much!

-k1ng

the f59 patched bios does not have the apple logo.

the f59 patched bios does not have the apple logo.

That is ok, how do i create a disk for that? So, I can use that 30ccf59(patched).wph? hp website said that my least bios is f59a.. (i have f.58 on my dv9930us)

thank you!

k1ng

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a HP DV2530EE, with Phoenix F.2E, and a Dell 1490 card, that no works.

Bios gives me the 104 error, the strange thing is that is a HP Wireless Card: "Replace with HP spares".

Can someone help me?

Regards

Kappa

any chance for dv2000?

bios version F.2D

I have attempted to work on my bios and reasearched several forums but when I try to open a bios in the bios editor it closes. I installed as admin and open as admin but nothing works. I have a dv6426ca with an F.2D bios. There is currently an intel 3945ABG card installed and I removed the card, booted the machine and the installed the new card after booting into Vista. It is a Broadcom BCM4321 and I took screenshots of the device details if needed.

Current Card

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&SUBSYS_135B103C&REV_02

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&SUBSYS_135B103C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&CC_0280

New Card

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&SUBSYS_1366103C&REV_03

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&SUBSYS_1366103C

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&CC_0280

If anyone could offer some assistance it would be very much appreciated.

I too have been plauged by this anoying "error 104" :rolleyes: when trying to use an atheros card I got online.

Does anyone have a patched bios for this:

HP Pavillion Dv6000 AMD Turion64 (not Dual Core)

Bios F.41 (supposed latest)

I cannot find anyone who has cracked the F.41 bios yet and you all seem to be the resident experts. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Nexusalive0304

Hi,

I have a HP DV2530EE, with Phoenix F.2E, and a Dell 1490 card, that no works.

Bios gives me the 104 error, the strange thing is that is a HP Wireless Card: "Replace with HP spares".

Can someone help me?

Regards

Kappa

Bump for me ;)

Regards

Kappa

OK everybody... anybody using the patched F53 Bios for the HP DV9000/6000 (I believe) .. you may have noticed that there is a new one out F.58A. Well I am glad to say that it is successfully patched. With the guidance of kevd_hackins post and the initial doctor j one, I was able to patched the newest one F.58A.. I also added in a nice little mac apple instead of the HP INVENT at the begging of your BIOS. This will allow ANY wireless cards!! I just got my broadcom card today, flashed my bios, saw my nice little apple at boot up and bam i was in OS X with browsin the internet on my new broadcom card. Goodbye 104 Unsupported error message.. lol... anyways.. the linked BIOS contains version F.58A and has a apple logo (if you would like the original HP invent, PM and i can make arrangements).

1. Download the F.58A bios update from HP and go ahead and install.

2. Stop after install and do NOT flash

3. Exit out and go to C:\SwSetup\SP36774. (this sp number will be different for different BIOS)

4. Edit the phlash.ini (either under swinflash(32bit system) or Winphlash64 (64bit system)

4a. Under the [uI].. set hideall=0 and add in Advanced=1.

5. Right click the flash.exe and run as administrator and this will allow you to specify the BIOS (swinflash.exe=32bit and winphlash64.exe=64bit)

6. Choose the patched bios that you downloaded.( .WPH file) (Vista users might have to disable UAC)

7. Flash and let your laptop shutdown

8. After the laptop has shutdown completely, wait a little bit and then hit the power button

9. Boot into OS X and if your card is OS X friendly, you might have to add it in through Network under system prefs.

Enjoy

If you have a DV series laptop and you are having problems with the dreaded 104 unsupported error message. Post here with your bios version, Ven ID, Dev ID, and subsys ID of your original wifi card and I might be able to help you out.

**EDIT** - I have patched the original F.58A bios to bypass the whitelist and left the original HP Invent by request. Enjoy! (Labeled HP 30CCF58A)

**EDIT** - The BIOS F.29 for the DV6000t system(intel) is patched and can be located here - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=124283

**EDIT** - F.59A is now out. I have done the same patch to it as I did the F.58A. I haven't had a chance to test it out on my system yet. But I don't think it should cause any problems, nothing changed in regards to stopping the whitelist check.

I would love some more detailed instructions on how you do this. I currently have a dv6358se that i have ideneb 10.5.6 on. Everything works perfect except my wireless which is super important. I have the intel wireless card and was wondering if there is a way you could flash my bios from within osx because now that is all on it. Thanks in advance

I have attempted to work on my bios and reasearched several forums but when I try to open a bios in the bios editor it closes. I installed as admin and open as admin but nothing works. I have a dv6426ca with an F.2D bios. There is currently an intel 3945ABG card installed and I removed the card, booted the machine and the installed the new card after booting into Vista. It is a Broadcom BCM4321 and I took screenshots of the device details if needed.

Current Card

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&SUBSYS_135B103C&REV_02

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&SUBSYS_135B103C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&CC_0280

New Card

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&SUBSYS_1366103C&REV_03

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&SUBSYS_1366103C

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&CC_0280

If anyone could offer some assistance it would be very much appreciated.

The new bios is supposed to work with 4321AG cards but the one I have is a 4321KFBG so there should be a pretty simple change, no? Is there an issue with the Intel BIOS? It seems all of the patches are with other firmware for AMD systems.

I just did some more research and in the hp download for the dv6426ca's wireless drivers there is a driver that has a device id identical to the card I am trying to install aside from the REV_03 at the end so I assume it should be a pretty easy fix if I could open the BIOS editor.

F.58A working great on my HP DV6700T CTO!

currently using my MSI Wind's realtek mini-pci wifi w/iDeb 1.4 OSX install (10.5.6).

ordered a Dell 1500 that is enroute and will post notes after its installed!

thanks again!!!

my hp model info:

HP DV6700T

Intel C2D T9300 2.5ghz (penryn)

4GB DDR2

500GB HDD, Bluray

I would love some more detailed instructions on how you do this. I currently have a dv6358se that i have ideneb 10.5.6 on. Everything works perfect except my wireless which is super important. I have the intel wireless card and was wondering if there is a way you could flash my bios from within osx because now that is all on it. Thanks in advance

i was in same boat as you however i had left space for another partition on my harddrive so in turn i temp installed vista and then flashed my bios in vista.

not so sure i'd be willing to try flashing a bios via a vrtual machine running xp or vista; perhaps temp swap out your current hdd w/an extra to put windows on?

hope that helps a little :)

OK everybody... anybody using the patched F53 Bios for the HP DV9000/6000 (I believe) .. you may have noticed that there is a new one out F.58A. Well I am glad to say that it is successfully patched. With the guidance of kevd_hackins post and the initial doctor j one, I was able to patched the newest one F.58A.. I also added in a nice little mac apple instead of the HP INVENT at the begging of your BIOS. This will allow ANY wireless cards!! I just got my broadcom card today, flashed my bios, saw my nice little apple at boot up and bam i was in OS X with browsin the internet on my new broadcom card. Goodbye 104 Unsupported error message.. lol... anyways.. the linked BIOS contains version F.58A and has a apple logo (if you would like the original HP invent, PM and i can make arrangements).

1. Download the F.58A bios update from HP and go ahead and install.

2. Stop after install and do NOT flash

3. Exit out and go to C:\SwSetup\SP36774. (this sp number will be different for different BIOS)

4. Edit the phlash.ini (either under swinflash(32bit system) or Winphlash64 (64bit system)

4a. Under the [uI].. set hideall=0 and add in Advanced=1.

5. Right click the flash.exe and run as administrator and this will allow you to specify the BIOS (swinflash.exe=32bit and winphlash64.exe=64bit)

6. Choose the patched bios that you downloaded.( .WPH file) (Vista users might have to disable UAC)

7. Flash and let your laptop shutdown

8. After the laptop has shutdown completely, wait a little bit and then hit the power button

9. Boot into OS X and if your card is OS X friendly, you might have to add it in through Network under system prefs.

Enjoy

If you have a DV series laptop and you are having problems with the dreaded 104 unsupported error message. Post here with your bios version, Ven ID, Dev ID, and subsys ID of your original wifi card and I might be able to help you out.

**EDIT** - I have patched the original F.58A bios to bypass the whitelist and left the original HP Invent by request. Enjoy! (Labeled HP 30CCF58A)

**EDIT** - The BIOS F.29 for the DV6000t system(intel) is patched and can be located here - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=124283

**EDIT** - F.59A is now out. I have done the same patch to it as I did the F.58A. I haven't had a chance to test it out on my system yet. But I don't think it should cause any problems, nothing changed in regards to stopping the whitelist check.

Hello there. I am having major issues with my BIOS. I have a dv9700 with a F.30 BIOS. It has no advanced options in it's startup menus...and it won't update despite numerous attempts. I was told I need to change some things in order for the computer to recognize Leo installed on my portable hdd. 

I would appreciate it if you could skim over some of my other help request posts to get a gist of my problem since I don't feel like typing it out for the hundreth time and having no one actually give me advice I can follow. Please make note that I have an AMD processor and not an Intel. My specs are below.   Thanks.

Winlinmac12

I have disabled the white list in the AMD DV6000 F.42 bios.

i haven't tested it yet but i will tonight. If some one wants to test it let me know. Ive already been successful editing the white list on this bios so I've tried to just disable it entirely.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings, No WiFi

I have an HP DV3510nr that has "INSYDE BIOS" not pheonix with the infamous "104-unsupported" error when i try to change the intel-wifi card for a broadcom card. Does anyone know how to change the "insyde bios"?

Peace,