HP DV Series Whitelist BIOS hack

LRZRAGE

309 posts in this topic

talk to me?

want the link F59A?

is the firmware for the bios .....

I think does not change anything, the processor that you use....

this is the link ...

I would like to know if you can use F59A, or should I use to force F58A ...

thanks

OK everybody... anybody using the patched F53 Bios for the HP DV9000/6000 (I believe) .. you may have noticed that there is a new one out F.58A. Well I am glad to say that it is successfully patched. With the guidance of kevd_hackins post and the initial doctor j one, I was able to patched the newest one F.58A.. I also added in a nice little mac apple instead of the HP INVENT at the begging of your BIOS. This will allow ANY wireless cards!! I just got my broadcom card today, flashed my bios, saw my nice little apple at boot up and bam i was in OS X with browsin the internet on my new broadcom card. Goodbye 104 Unsupported error message.. lol... anyways.. the linked BIOS contains version F.58A and has a apple logo (if you would like the original HP invent, PM and i can make arrangements).

1. Download the F.58A bios update from HP and go ahead and install.

2. Stop after install and do NOT flash

3. Exit out and go to C:\SwSetup\SP36774. (this sp number will be different for different BIOS)

4. Edit the phlash.ini (either under swinflash(32bit system) or Winphlash64 (64bit system)

4a. Under the [uI].. set hideall=0 and add in Advanced=1.

5. Right click the flash.exe and run as administrator and this will allow you to specify the BIOS (swinflash.exe=32bit and winphlash64.exe=64bit)

6. Choose the patched bios that you downloaded.( .WPH file) (Vista users might have to disable UAC)

7. Flash and let your laptop shutdown

8. After the laptop has shutdown completely, wait a little bit and then hit the power button

9. Boot into OS X and if your card is OS X friendly, you might have to add it in through Network under system prefs.

Enjoy

If you have a DV series laptop and you are having problems with the dreaded 104 unsupported error message. Post here with your bios version, Ven ID, Dev ID, and subsys ID of your original wifi card and I might be able to help you out.

**EDIT** - I have patched the original F.58A bios to bypass the whitelist and left the original HP Invent by request. Enjoy! (Labeled HP 30CCF58A)

**EDIT** - The BIOS F.29 for the DV6000t system(intel) is patched and can be located here - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=124283

HP's website list the new bios for my dv6205us as f.2d. I am using the F.29 hacked bios you provided and it seems to work flawlessly but I was wondering about any help you could give me on patching the F.2D for getting rid of the whitelist patch.

OK, I've killed my DV6663cl while trying to apply a new BIOS. Now everything I got is a black screen... I've already tried to use the Crisis Recovery with a diskette boot but no success. After win+b the laptop reads the diskette, the fan starts to run strongly and keeps like that, no reboot, nothing!

I'm now searching someone to repair my laptop... can someone tell me what is the BIOS chip specifications and how it is attached to the motherboard?

I have patched F.59A... it is located in my first post.

**EDIT** - I have patched the original F.58A bios to bypass the whitelist and left the original HP Invent by request. Enjoy! (Labeled HP 30CCF58A)

Hi

I have last F58.A bios from HP site on my dv6795el laptop.

This bios have support for AR5007 chipset.

I would want to have also the support for ar5008 chipset.

Patch Bios (labeled HP 30CCF58A) is OK for my laptop?

I am a dv6000 user?

I want to use also Atheros AR5008E-3NX and AR5007EG wireless card on windows xp32bit and linux backtrack3 operating system.

EDIT

LRZRAGE - Can you patch F58.A bios with no whitelist?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...product=3695057

Thanks

Sandro

Patched F58.A bios work on my dv6795el.

Thanks!

i have a hp tx1410us powered by an amd turion64 x2 tl-64 , currently it has f.20 flash; i need to somehow either remove the whitelist or edit it to allow me to use my replacement broadcom 4321mc (Airport Express) i just bought.. which is actually the same model as the stock one that came with the laptop.. at the moment all i get is a 104 error after post..

information on doing this is almost nonexistant for us amd users, i did find some info concerning this fix for dv series laptops..intel powered of course..but nothing for amd

please help

-Matthew

Is the whitelist bypass hack also possible on the Compaq 6730s (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/sm/WF05a/321957-321957-64295-89315-89315-3687778.html)?

If somebody would create a bios bypass hack for this bios, then I would be happy to donate some euro's! -_-

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...EnvOID=2096#120

OK everybody... anybody using the patched F53 Bios for the HP DV9000/6000 (I believe) .. you may have noticed that there is a new one out F.58A. Well I am glad to say that it is successfully patched. With the guidance of kevd_hackins post and the initial doctor j one, I was able to patched the newest one F.58A.. I also added in a nice little mac apple instead of the HP INVENT at the begging of your BIOS. This will allow ANY wireless cards!! I just got my broadcom card today, flashed my bios, saw my nice little apple at boot up and bam i was in OS X with browsin the internet on my new broadcom card. Goodbye 104 Unsupported error message.. lol... anyways.. the linked BIOS contains version F.58A and has a apple logo (if you would like the original HP invent, PM and i can make arrangements).

1. Download the F.58A bios update from HP and go ahead and install.

2. Stop after install and do NOT flash

3. Exit out and go to C:\SwSetup\SP36774. (this sp number will be different for different BIOS)

4. Edit the phlash.ini (either under swinflash(32bit system) or Winphlash64 (64bit system)

4a. Under the [uI].. set hideall=0 and add in Advanced=1.

5. Right click the flash.exe and run as administrator and this will allow you to specify the BIOS (swinflash.exe=32bit and winphlash64.exe=64bit)

6. Choose the patched bios that you downloaded.( .WPH file) (Vista users might have to disable UAC)

7. Flash and let your laptop shutdown

8. After the laptop has shutdown completely, wait a little bit and then hit the power button

9. Boot into OS X and if your card is OS X friendly, you might have to add it in through Network under system prefs.

Enjoy

If you have a DV series laptop and you are having problems with the dreaded 104 unsupported error message. Post here with your bios version, Ven ID, Dev ID, and subsys ID of your original wifi card and I might be able to help you out.

**EDIT** - The BIOS F.29 for the DV6000t system(intel) is patched and can be located here - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=124283

**EDIT** - F.59A is now out. I have done the same patch to it as I did the F.58A. I haven't had a chance to test it out on my system yet. But I don't think it should cause any problems, nothing changed in regards to stopping the whitelist check.

OK, I've killed my DV6663cl while trying to apply a new BIOS. Now everything I got is a black screen... I've already tried to use the Crisis Recovery with a diskette boot but no success. After win+b the laptop reads the diskette, the fan starts to run strongly and keeps like that, no reboot, nothing!

I'm now searching someone to repair my laptop... can someone tell me what is the BIOS chip specifications and how it is attached to the motherboard?

Stupid newbe question!!

I need to apply this patch, but my problem is that i am only running mac osx, so cant run the winfalsh program???

Is there anything i can do or will i need to wipe the hard drive and insatll windows and then put osx back on??

Had loads of trouble trying to duel boot, hence while i am only osx

could someone please hack the F.59A Bios for DV9500T with intel processor to work with Dell 1490 wifi.

Original Wifi Card Details:

Model: Intel wifi link 4965AGN

Vendor: 8086

Device: 4229

Subsystem: 11008086

Rev: 61

EDIT: Used the link in the first post and I can confirm its working with a HP Pavilion dv9580us, it doesnt have the apple logo instead of he hp invent though. but its working.

hey guys thanx for the great info, i found and successfully hacked my f31 bios version for my dv6768se amd laptop. i used phoenix bios edit and went in the temp folder and opened bioscod4.rom in hexit searched for the string f9 eb 01 f8 and ABOVE not below like most bios' i found the 8414? broadcom vendor ids and changed the f9 to an f8, saved the rom in hexit, closed hexit, built the bios in phoenix bios edit after changing something and changing it back just like was said in the forum and then flashed the bios. worked like a charm. took a while to find though. and it wont let me upload it so email me polygaryd@yahoo.com and i will send it to you!

edit: laptop boots past bios into windows vista ultimate sp1 and freezes with atheros 5008x wifi card! could be driver related, checking it out as i type this.

Hi guys, just tried to flash f59 bios .

As I am only running leopard on my dv9000 I needed to flash this using a boot cd . Created one using some info from another site and added boot image.. Renamed the wph file to BIOS.WPH and loaded that into the boot image and also ph1614.exe which is phoenix flash util. Looks like all goes well and it begins to read the file. I cannot move any cursors around though so not sure if it just runs through its procedure and then stops. So I reboot, fine and install the wifi card throwing the error and it still brings up the 401 error. Can anyone tell me if they have tested the f59 firmware and patched wph file please. If anyone needs links to the programs I mentioned then just pm me.

Hi guys, I just want to confirm: 30CCF59_patched listed in the first post working perfect with HP dv6520ea.

Bios f.59A (everest & bios showed as f.59 ;) )

Original Wi-Fi Card Details:

Model: Intel wifi 3965 A/B/G

Vendor: 8086

Device: 4222

Subsystem: 103C-135C

Rev: 02

New Card: Apple Airport Wireless Wi-Fi Card MA688Z/B BCM94321MC

PS. I lost my mind waiting for intel driver, but now everything is OK. Thanks to LRZRAGE

have anybody been able to remove the whitelist from the F.22,23,25,26,34,37,39 or 3b bioses for dv2425la?

im going nutts trying to find a solution the 104 error message

im tryin to replace my intel 3945abg with a realtek 8087se from a msiwind but no luck :(