iDeneb v1 10.5.4

329 posts in this topic

hey guys, just want to let you know that i was able to install iDeneb on my pc box (see sig) with no problems. I have chosen vanilla kernel, shutdown and restart works great... sound and video is great as well... will try it on my laptop soon (dont really want to keep other installs if this one works :() and i am sure that it will work just fine with vanilla kernel.

punk92, thank you for great release and hope you had good vocation :D

QUOTE(Bu_Kandar83 @ Aug 16 2008, 05:07 AM) *

-- need suggestion --

What should i choose in iDeneb Options????

My Spec. in my sign

THNX

Any kernel should work (your P4 is SSE3, after all)

ICHx patches

PS/2 patches

AC97 audio patches

Intel PRO/100VE network patches (may not be needed, but this is just in case)

No video patches (again, just in case)

thank you But .....

you said "Any kernel should work" even vanilla Kernel ??? i have P4 NOT Core Duo

AND i have Desktop not laptop So i don't have to pach PS/2 .... Right !!

thanxxx again

thank you But .....

you said "Any kernel should work" even vanilla Kernel ??? i have P4 NOT Core Duo

thanxxx again

in your case i would install 9.2.0 sleep kernel and not vanilla, concerning your PS/2 i would install it... :(

Any kernel should work (your P4 is SSE3, after all)

ICHx patches

PS/2 patches

AC97 audio patches

Intel PRO/100VE network patches (may not be needed, but this is just in case)

No video patches (again, just in case)

in your case i would install 9.2.0 sleep kernel and not vanilla, concerning your PS/2 i would install it... :D

thank you for helping :P

I'll tring this..

oooooow i forgot one point.. How can i update OSX 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 "i have to download a patched update (non official one)" Coz i don't have vanilla Kernel.. Right !!

swear this is last Question :D

Thanks for this release. However I can't seem to get it installed. I've thoroughly done my research and here's my results. I'd really appreciate aid in helping me get this installed.

I've unplugged both my SATA drives, I'm installing from a PATA DVD-R to a PATA 250GB Maxtor. Dusted these off just for this.

Mobo: Asus P5W DH deluxe, no o/c

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6700, @ standard 2.66ghz

RAM: Ballistix Tracers 2GB, running at 1:1 ratio (so it's like 533)

I burned the ISO with Magic ISO at x4. Walked away from my PC just in case.

I fire up the PC with the disk in the drive, but... I get stuck on:

"STILL WAITING FOR THE ROOT DEVICE" (repeat until you collapse).

Note that I booted in verbose so that I could see what was going on.

If there's anyone out there that can help, I'd appreciate it.

(edit: it's my first try at a OS-X install attempt.)

maybe try iATKOS or kalyway... kalyway is probably the best...

thank you for helping :D

I'll tring this..

oooooow i forgot one point.. How can i update OSX 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 "i have to download a patched update (non official one)" Coz i don't have vanilla Kernel.. Right !!

swear this is last Question :D

10.5.5 is in testing right now, its not officially out but yes, if its a serious update like 10.5.3 was than you will need patched update... even vanilla installs are advised to use those...:wacko: ask questions... dont worry about it

Thanks for this release. However I can't seem to get it installed. I've thoroughly done my research and here's my results. I'd really appreciate aid in helping me get this installed.

I've unplugged both my SATA drives, I'm installing from a PATA DVD-R to a PATA 250GB Maxtor. Dusted these off just for this.

Mobo: Asus P5W DH deluxe, no o/c

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6700, @ standard 2.66ghz

RAM: Ballistix Tracers 2GB, running at 1:1 ratio (so it's like 533)

I burned the ISO with Magic ISO at x4. Walked away from my PC just in case.

I fire up the PC with the disk in the drive, but... I get stuck on:

"STILL WAITING FOR THE ROOT DEVICE" (repeat until you collapse).

Note that I booted in verbose so that I could see what was going on.

If there's anyone out there that can help, I'd appreciate it.

(edit: it's my first try at a OS-X install attempt.)

there are few reasons why you will get this message... 1st for example has to do with your chipset not being supported yet... 2nd you have to change some settings i BIOS... like switching your sata raid from disabled to ACHI... that can resolve your satiution :)

thank you But .....

thanxxx again

Your P4 supports SSE3 (so any kernel will work); and the PS/2 patch is for an issue that affects both desktops *and* portables with PS/2 keyboards and mice with Leopard 10.5.4 (my own Hacintosh is a desktop, and I need the patch).

hello to all, today I have the pleasure to introduce you before my release

This relase it comprises all the last which released modernizations, from iTunes 7.7.1 to the Security Update 2008-005 which released least days ago.

iDeneb v1 10.5.4 per Intel/AMD ( SSE2/SSE3):

Developed by Layne (Punk92), Artwork by The captain.

Thanks to all the OSx86 developers.

Please for help you can visit the official Project website

This relase is based on Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 including the last updates:

. iTunes 7.7.1

. QuickTime 7.5

. Security Update 2008-005

. Front Row 2.1.3

. Airport Uility

Read carefully!!

All the Intel ICHx chipsets are fully supported.

The boot is provided by Chameleon

This bootloader can:

. Install with JMicron IDE DVD

. Install on SSE2 Processor.

This relase includes the following Drivers, Patches and Applications.

• AMD Patch

Audio:

• ALC850

• ALC882

• ALC883

• ALC883 AppleHDA Patch by Taruga

• ALC888

• ALC888 AppleHDA Patch by Taruga

• ALC889

• ADI1988

• AppleAzaliaAudio

• AC97Audio

• Sigmatel 9200 - Inspirion 9400

• STAC9271

Chipset:

• AppleNForceATA

• AppleNForceATA Test

• ICHx Fixed

• JMicronATA

• SAS

• SiliconImage

• VIA-SB

Kernel:

• 9.4.0 Vanilla (Intel/SSE3)

• 9.4.0 Modbin (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

• 9.2.0 Sleep (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

• 9.2.0 SpeedStep (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

• 9.2.2 SSE3 (Intel/AMD/SSE3)

Network:

- Ethernet

• AppleBC440X

• AppleBC5751

• Realtek RTL8169

• Realtek RTL8111

• AppleYukon2

• Forcedeth

• Intel100ProVE

• Skge Marvell

• ViaRhine

- Wireless

• Tiger-IO80211

• Ahteros Wifi Adapter

• Broadcom

• RT2500-RT73-USB

• RT2860

• RTL8187

• RTL8187B

• RTL8187L

• Zydas-ZD1211-1215

Fix:

• ACPI-Fix

• Cpus=1-Fix

• AppleSMBIOS

AppleSMBIOS 1.0.13

AppleSMBIOS 1.0.1 ( Versione Tiger )

AppleSMBIOS-27-667

AppleSMBIOS-27-800

AppleSMBIOS-27-1066

AppleSMBIOS-27-DDR3-1333

AppleSMBIOS-27-IM

AppleSMBIOS-27-MB

AppleSMBIOS-27-MP

• FireWire Remove

• ApplePS2Controller

• IOUSBFamilyFix

Video:

AgpGart 2.7.1

ATI:

• X Series

X1300-X1550

X1400

X1600 AGP

X1600 PCIE

X19x0

X1950XT EFI

X1950Gt Pro

X1950XT Injector

X1950XT EFI

X1950XT EFI per P33 G33

• HD Series

HD 2400Pro AGP

HD 2600Pro AGP

HD 2600XT AGP

HD 2400Pro PCIE

HD 2400XT PCIE

HD 2600Pro PCIE

HD 2600XT PCIE

HD2900

HD3650

HD3850

HD3870

HD3870X2

NVidia:

• NVinject 0.2.1 per 128,256,320,512,640,768 Mb e 1Gb

• NVinjectGO

• NVinjectGO 512MB

Intel:

• Intel GMA950

• Intel GMAX3100

Applications:

• Adium

• ASU

• BetterZip

• Colloquy

• Firefox 3.0.1

• Kext Helper

• Menu Meters

• Onyx

• OSx86 Tools

• Pacifist

• Temperature Monitor

• Transmission

• VLC

• xBench

A special Thank to Cri900, David Gilmour, Joe75 and Tomnic.

Thanks to JaS, Netkas, Kalyway, Zef, Modbin and the entire team of OSx86 developers because without their work this relase wouldn't be possible.

Thanks also to the Testers.

OFFTOPIC

I would want to say something care this dvd. I have published this dvd in order to help the others, but there are persons whom they want to say that I have not made null and have copied. I have 15 years and they are not arrogating to believe me better than others. My only scope from some month, is to try to help the users to install Mac, because task that is the best operating system and because I love to help. I'm not the best one, and perhaps it I will not be never, but I try to make the possible one for this plan, and I do not want that others say that I have not made null, when I have past entire nights to us in order to make this dvd.

I had not understood that OSx86 Project is a plan with copyright. I'm not taken no right to me on the patch e drivers, I have said thanks all developers and specified that this dvd never would not have existed without your contribution. I have only written that it has been developed from me. I make these things for two reasons: in order to learn and to help. this is a crime? I want to continue to help. Excused me for the offtopic and my english, but was necessary.

ive tryed to boot ur awesome work but it keeps asking for ps2keyboard and mouse...the problm is that i dont have those entries..i just have usb on my board..the board is a p5k se/epu...how can i fixed this to boot the dvd? are u gonna release a new version soon with this problm solved?

grear work keep it up :D

ps: how can i put on the dvd installer the kext ps2controller fix to boot up the dvd for a install?

Just bought a new Intel unit.. 

If if boot directly into the installer as soon as the white screen with apples logo appears the screen turns grey and a message pops up saying"You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button for several seconds or press the restart button." in 5 different languages.

If I choose F8 in Darwin, and then use the -v option the system stops after the following error:

"Panic(cpu0 caller 0X46E1BD46):"ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin:buildCPUsPSSArray - got _pss data for cpu index 4, but expected index\n"@/source cache/IOPplatformpluginfamily/Iopplatformpluginfamily-315.0.3/ACPI_SMCplatformplugin/ACPI_SMC_Plaformplugin

Debbuger called<panic>"

p1808081721vw9.jpg

Here's my ACPI Settings... I have tried all combination.. nogo

p1808081728ep6.jpg

Here's my Proc Info

p1808081729hn1.jpg

Systemboard is Biostar TPOWER I45

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor  - - -  E8400

Intel P45+ICH10R chipset

Realtek ALC888S 8+2 Channel HD Audio

Marvel 88SE6121 controller for IDE and eSATA functionality.

Any help would be gr8.

Thanks

if you have a p4HT then it's sse3 and laptops p4 is not sse3 if not it's ht

Some P4s (Northwood-Cs) support HTT but not SSE3. All Northwoods (C or otherwise), are SSE2, at best.

I have such a Northwood (P4 2.6C). It supports HTT, but not SSE3.

I just installed iDeneb v1 10.5.4 on my system and everything seems to work until I discovered that the system would not boot unless I have the DVD in the drive! If I leave the DVD in and let the system get to the point where it says "press any key to boot from DVD", but allow it to time out and boot from the HD, then it is fine. All attempts to boot directly from the HD results in a "boot1: error". Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? I am banging my head against the wall. I followed the installation instructions to format the drive with MBR (it was already with mbr) and HFS+ entended.

My mobo is a asus p5k-vm and a geforce 7600gt 256mb.

Dyzan in this thread has successfully installed it on a p5k-vm with no problems...

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I need package help.

Setup:

p4 prescott 3.4ghz HT

abit IC7-MAX3 (ICH5)

ati radeon 9800 pro 256mb or nvidia 5900se 128mb

Just checked on system profiler for graphics.. It recognizes it as ATI graphics without kexts installed.

My mobo is ICH5, but the ICHx Fixed is ICH7/8/9.. so it won't help me any?

Thank you

I need package help.

Setup:

p4 prescott 3.4ghz HT

abit IC7-MAX3 (ICH5)

ati radeon 9800 pro 256mb or nvidia 5900se 128mb

Just checked on system profiler for graphics.. It recognizes it as ATI graphics without kexts installed.

My mobo is ICH5, but the ICHx Fixed is ICH7/8/9.. so it won't help me any?

Thank you

I installed the ICHx fixed, though I have ICH 5 also (so it can't hurt).

Neither of your video options is included as a driver kext, so leave the graphics as-is. What sort of graphics do you have? Onboard? PCI? AGP? PCIe?

Hey, been a long time since I've installed OS X. Whilst booting I got the "still waiting for root device" error and from reading here I installed the ICHx fix. After that it gets to the Bootloader, and then when I try to boot it, it restarts the machine. (I'm going to reinstall soon).

Also, I have 3 devices connected internally, one 250gb maxtor SATA drive, one IDE 60gb seagate drive and an IDE DVD Drive.

The SATA-1 is the Maxtor.

The Master IDE is the 60gb Drive.

The Slave IDE is the DVD Drive.

My hardware:

CPU:

Intel Pentium D 925 3.00GHZ 2 Cores

Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, ET64, EST

Motherboard:

Model ConRoe1333-D667

North Bridge Intel i945G/GZ Revision A2

South Bridge Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R) Revision A2

Graphics Card:

GIGABYTE nVidia 8600GT 512mb

Drives:

MAXTOR STM3250310AS ATA Device

ST360021A ATA Device

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S202H ATA Device

RAM:

1gb OCZ RAM PC-5300

Help fixing the "still waiting for root device" is much appriciated.

I just installed iDeneb v1 10.5.4 on my system and everything seems to work until I discovered that the system would not boot unless I have the DVD in the drive! If I leave the DVD in and let the system get to the point where it says "press any key to boot from DVD", but allow it to time out and boot from the HD, then it is fine. All attempts to boot directly from the HD results in a "boot1: error". Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? I am banging my head against the wall. I followed the installation instructions to format the drive with MBR (it was already with mbr) and HFS+ entended.

My mobo is a asus p5k-vm and a geforce 7600gt 256mb.

Dyzan in this thread has successfully installed it on a p5k-vm with no problems...

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

I didn't try iDeneb yet but I have an idea.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. :( I have tested this method using iatkos DVD & most of the time it worked.

Does iDeneb DVD have Darwin bootloader as one of the option during installation? If it has, try boot your iDeneb installation DVD & just select Darwin bootloader. Anything else just un-check. You should got installation failed but don't worry, just restart. You should be able to boot from your HD directly.

But if you have vista as your dual boot, you may unable to boot it. You need to use your vista DVD to repair it.

Good luck. :)

kizwan

Help fixing the "still waiting for root device" is much appriciated.

Ok, here is the thing to try... in your BIOS change your perepherials from disabled to AHCI and make your OS X install HD as the first boot device... post here what you got :( hope this helps

Disabled everything but the Dvd Drive and the IDE Drive, still waiting for root device.

Hi,

It think iDeneb did not load kext for your IDE/SATA controller or perhaps it did not have kexts for your IDE/SATA controller. If you can, please capture it with your digital camera or camera phone when you get the "still waiting for root device". Post the picture over here so maybe somebody can spot whats wrong. There is a couple of question need your answer:-

1) Did you have successful installed any OSX before? Which release is it?

2) When you get "still waiting for root device" message? Is it when you boot from the DVD or after the installation? If it is after installation, perhaps you didn't select proper kexts for your IDE/SATA controller. From your post earlier, look like this happen after installation. Is that right?

I did not try iDeneb yet, sorry. I can only do basic troubleshooting. If only I have enough bandwidth to get iDeneb iso. ;)

From advertisement, iDeneb offer a lot of driver for a lot of hardware and your hardware looks like already supported.

Good luck. :D

kizwan

Hi,

It think iDeneb did not load kext for your IDE/SATA controller or perhaps it did not have kexts for your IDE/SATA controller. If you can, please capture it with your digital camera or camera phone when you get the "still waiting for root device". Post the picture over here so maybe somebody can spot whats wrong. There is a couple of question need your answer:-

1) Did you have successful installed any OSX before? Which release is it?

2) When you get "still waiting for root device" message? Is it when you boot from the DVD or after the installation? If it is after installation, perhaps you didn't select proper kexts for your IDE/SATA controller. From your post earlier, look like this happen after installation. Is that right?

I did not try iDeneb yet, sorry. I can only do basic troubleshooting. If only I have enough bandwidth to get iDeneb iso. :(

From advertisement, iDeneb offer a lot of driver for a lot of hardware and your hardware looks like already supported.

Good luck. :)

kizwan

I'll try and get a picture of the booting up, don't have a phone/camera handy right now.

1) I had installed OS X 10.4.1 (Or whichever distro that was) and 10.4.8, both on one machine, which is now in a scrap yard somewhere.

2) After installation