iDeneb v1 10.5.4

329 posts in this topic

Oh..the MD5 should be: 0663d3aafa1b4da7b8a46ec9e57f8aaa. So it looks like your File is corrupted...Try to burn, if it fails, download it again AND:

1) Unrar it with WinRar

2) Never open the File when you are seeding it

Then it should work fine...

Hi,

I installed ideneb, rebooted and everything worked great. Quartz was working, keyboard fine, ethernet worked flawlessly, etc,etc,etc...

HOWEVER,

After using the system for an hour or so, I did a restart and was not able to get back in. Every time it starts with the darwin prompt, then it loads about 15 seconds into the grey apple loading screen, then suddenly I hear the hard drive make a reset sound and the system reboots. I tried booting with flags -v -f -x -s but same thing every time. Thought it might be a bad install so I reburnt the disk at a slower speed, reinstalled.... same exact thing.

Here are the options I chose when inatalling:

AMD

9.4 Modbin

nForce apple controller

nvidea 256

forcedeth network controller

I tried to pick out the errors in Verbose mode... don't remember exactly what it was but something like "waiting for boot volume with UUID" and "warning: phy connection failed"

Desperate here... please help!

M2N-E SLI

AMD Athalon 64x2 6000+

300 GB ATA/ 500 GB Samsung

2 GB 800 Mhz Ram

Nvidea 7600GT XFX Fatality

Just yesterday I installed ideneb on a m2n-e and works to wonder, LAN drivers for that card does not exist, then you do not have to select anything ......

Try to selevt:

Speedest kernel

nForce apple controller

nvidea 256

for audio download this: http://wiki.taruga.net/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=105

By

Thanks Chris900,

Reinstalled again and used the speedstep kernel. For some reason that seemed to work. One strange thing however, the disk that Leopard is installed on doesn't show up in "startup disk" in "system preferences". Oh well... it works, I'm happy.

Cheers

explain nuts ?

like black with grey line white with blue lines

black or blue screen of death

my moms standing behind and you can see her yelling at you nuts ?

and also does it get into the boot cycle or does it end at the beginning

can you get to the end of the boot cycle and then it goes nutz more info please

Got wifi to work now WOOT now all i need is my cd drive can anyone tell me the kext for the cd drives i think there all universal right ?

well as you said it went a white screen with blue and Grey vertical lines

as pure the boot cycle it finished the install and then restarts

boots and then the nutty screen

Well after a few day's I can now say: IT WORKS -_-:D :D .

Finaly I got it all working on my P5K-SE.

There's only one thing still remaining: getting a new video card, the x1300 work's but only the vga port, and I' d like to use them both.

If anyone has a fix for this please PM me or post it off course.

Here's a screenshot:

Picture3.png

Again, Thanks Punk92

Oh deary me.

I had a "perfect" Kalyway 10.5.2 running (I had trouble upgrading to 10.5.3 with Kalyway, so I reinstalled). My wifi & ethernet & sound & graphics worked. Shutdown/reboot didn't always work, but no biggie.

So now I wanted to try iDaneb and I installed on top of my old installation (didn't want to install my zillion apps/plug-ins, set up all kinds of settings), booted ok. Wifi & Ethernet & Sound not working.

So I tried reinstalling on top of it again, and now I just get "restart system" 10-15 seconds after I get the apple screen with the loading circle.

My system is:

Gigabyte P35 DSR4

E8400 C2D

Nvidia 8800 GT

PCI Asus V138G V2 Wifi card

I didn't change anything in bios, from my previous and nicely running Kalyway. I can reinstall Kalyway 10.5.2 on top of the iDaneb, but Wifi and Safari and probably a lot of other stuff is not working, since I have a mix of 10.5.2 + 10.5.4.

If I do a fresh install with iDaneb I don't want to reinstall again in 1-4 week when 10.5.5 comes out with a security patch. Is there anyway to go reroll to 10.5.2 with my Kalyway 10.5.2 install ?

I hope someone can help me out on this one :wacko:

This is what I choose in iDaneb installer:

Kernel: 9.4 Vanilla (also tried Modbin)

Chipset: Ichx 7/8/9 (since I have intel chipset I guess)

Ethernet: Realtek 8111

Wifi: Only got to try Broadcom, and it didnt work. Not sure if Artheos will work ?

GFX: Nvinject 512 (non-GO)

Fix: IOUSBFamiliy FIX

No apps or anything.

This is what I can remember that I chose.

I installed ideneb, rebooted and everything worked great. Quartz was working, keyboard fine, ethernet worked flawlessly, etc,etc,etc...

HOWEVER,

After using the system for an hour or so, I did a restart and was not able to get back in. Every time it starts with the darwin prompt, then it loads about 15 seconds into the grey apple loading screen, then suddenly I hear the hard drive make a reset sound and the system reboots. I tried booting with flags -v -f -x -s but same thing every time. Thought it might be a bad install so I reburnt the disk at a slower speed, reinstalled.... same exact thing.

Thanks Chris900,

Reinstalled again and used the speedstep kernel. For some reason that seemed to work. One strange thing however, the disk that Leopard is installed on doesn't show up in "startup disk" in "system preferences". Oh well... it works, I'm happy.

Cheers

Looks like I spoke too soon.

On the 4th restart I'm back on the endless reboot loop again. Looks like a problem with the AppleNforceATA driver and my ATA HD. Seems like a lot of people are experiencing the same problem but I haven't been able to find a clear solution to it yet. Pleast let me know if you have any insight.

Cheers

M2N-E SLI

AMD Athalon 64x2 6000+

300 GB ATA/ 500 GB SATA

2 GB 800 Mhz Ram

Nvidea 7600GT XFX Fatality

Oh..the MD5 should be: 0663d3aafa1b4da7b8a46ec9e57f8aaa. So it looks like your File is corrupted...Try to burn, if it fails, download it again AND:

1) Unrar it with WinRar

2) Never open the File when you are seeding it

Then it should work fine...

Thanks, for that. I managed to burn it this time. I did the same mistake twice, i.e opening the bloody zip file while I was seeding. I never had problems before when doing that, I guess I'll have to be more careful. I still think it wasn't a good idea to use BetterZip to zip it. The irony is Betterzip can't even unzip it properly!

With my config, things worked out more or less...

+ Everything works: Video, network, sound, wifi.

-

The GMA950 drivers don't allow resolution change, so I used Kaly's ones.

I selected Vanilla 9.4 kernel, and Sleep didn't work -_- Would modbin kernel solve the problem?

More importantly, unlike most users, my computer takes much longer to boot compared to Kaly/Leo4All builds.

I selected Vanilla 9.4 kernel, and Sleep didn't work sad.gif Would modbin kernel solve the problem?

Man if you select vanilla kernel obviously you wont have sleep functions, if you want to have sleep you must select 9.2.0 Sleep

Oh deary me.

I had a "perfect" Kalyway 10.5.2 running (I had trouble upgrading to 10.5.3 with Kalyway, so I reinstalled). My wifi & ethernet & sound & graphics worked. Shutdown/reboot didn't always work, but no biggie.

So now I wanted to try iDaneb and I installed on top of my old installation (didn't want to install my zillion apps/plug-ins, set up all kinds of settings), booted ok. Wifi & Ethernet & Sound not working.

So I tried reinstalling on top of it again, and now I just get "restart system" 10-15 seconds after I get the apple screen with the loading circle.

doingitwrong.jpg

http://www.doingitwrong.com/

Man if you select vanilla kernel obviously you wont have sleep functions, if you want to have sleep you must select 9.2.0 Sleep

I know you can change the kernel post isntall using OSX86tools, but I'm at a loss as to where to find alternate kernels?

No support for Intel 82566x series of nics?

If you are referring to the Intel copper gigabit series (card-based and onboard PRO1000CT/MT/GT/T), these are still supported natively via included kexts, just as they always have been, so if this applies to you, select *nothing*, as your Ethernet will be detected automatically.

just taking the time to say thanks to the compiler of this release, minus what ever controversy that came with it. i'm grateful for your work, and it's running stable on my machine(minus the fact that i have to use the cpus=1 code). looking forward to more releases from you and others that take their time to make these releases for us the enthusiasts.

I have downloaded this release 4 time each time when i burn it to the dvd and try and install it says at the end the disk has errors.

well I did dl it only once, and burned it with 4x speed on a DVD +R, all OK.

Installed and had the endless "transfer your mac" loop...there's a solution here but I don't like it that way...will give JaS 10.5.4 a try (later).

This works great! Thanks! Works better than Kalyway 10.5.2.

Best hardware for this release:

Moterboard: Asus P5K-VM

Grafik: Gecube HD2600XT 256MB PCI-E

Ram: 4 x 1 Gb Kingston HyperX 800 Mhz

CPU: Intel Core Duo 2160 1.8Ghz @ 3.0 Ghz

DVD-Burner: LiteOn DH20A4P IDE

HD: Samsung HM121HI 2.5" 120 GB SATA

Audio: ALC883 (integrated)

Bluetooth: MSI Btoes PC2PC

Wireless: Linksys Wireless-N (Draft 802.11N) PCI Adapter WMP300N, Rev. 2

Network: Marvell Gigabit (integrated)

OOB!!!

Hi all. his is my first attempt at a mac installation and I'm running into a problem.

Using Ideneb latest release, both my laptops run into the same problem. It's a Clevo M660SRU and a Toshiba Satellite M70.

If if boot directly into the installer as soon as the white screen with apples logo appears the screen turns grey and a message pops up saying

"You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button for several seconds or press the restart button." in 5 different languages.

If I choose F8 in Darwin, and then use the -v option the system stops after the following error:

"Panic(cpu0 caller 0X46E1BD46):"ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin:buildcpuspssarray - got _pss data for cpu index 4, but expected index\n"@/source cache/Iopplatformpluginfamily/Iopplatformpluginfamily-315.0.3/ACPI_SMCplatformplugin/ACPI_SMC_Plaformplugi

debbuger called<Panic>"

What am I doing wrong, or what do I need to do to solve this problem??

Thanks in advance.